Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official Feedback Thread For ESO 2024 Global Reveal- The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Road!

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit that the stream got me a little hyped for Gold Road. That’s pretty impressive since I’ve been salty since U35, no longer sub, refuse to buy crowns, and didn’t buy Necrom until it was steeply discounted post-release.

But now I’m considering pre ordering Gold Road just for the crow pet. Well mostly because I expect that scribing will have a big impact on pvp and vet pve builds and I want to be in on that from the get go. Also, crow.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihilr wrote: »

Looks like ZOS needed a bone to throw to PVEers in the fourth quarter since they started scaling back content last year. Another very quiet third and fourth quarters. So many new, good fantasy RPG’s out now. ZOS picked the wrong time to reduce the value of ESO+ and cede six months of the year to others.

Huh?

ESO+ monetarily supports the decisions that they are making. Just because the content becomes part of the base game, doesn't devalue ESO+. It means that we agree with the direction they are going in. If the last quarters add content to the base game for *everyone* to enjoy, that adds value for all players and I support that.

ESO+ is needed practically to keep up with all of the crafting materials at this point, so if you're cancelling because you didn't get a free 2nd half to a chapter because they were *generous* enough in previous years, doesn't set that as a new standard. That is pure greed. You never perform your job at maximum output everyday for the rest of your life. Sometimes you change how you do your job. Does that mean you punish yourself for it? Makes no sense this logic that it'll be the same formula for every chapter year. Especially when players are constantly whining in these forums (and other locations of discussion) about how they feel these DLCs never met their expectations.

Can never satisfy everyone. And it seems *majority* are happy with the content each year (Even if I've fallen to disappointment a few times).

They reduced the ESO Plus content. Still charging the same amount for ESO Plus, though. :neutral:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Looks like ZOS needed a bone to throw to PVEers in the fourth quarter since they started scaling back content last year. Another very quiet third and fourth quarters. So many new, good fantasy RPG’s out now. ZOS picked the wrong time to reduce the value of ESO+ and cede six months of the year to others.

Huh?

ESO+ monetarily supports the decisions that they are making. Just because the content becomes part of the base game, doesn't devalue ESO+. It means that we agree with the direction they are going in. If the last quarters add content to the base game for *everyone* to enjoy, that adds value for all players and I support that.

ESO+ is needed practically to keep up with all of the crafting materials at this point, so if you're cancelling because you didn't get a free 2nd half to a chapter because they were *generous* enough in previous years, doesn't set that as a new standard. That is pure greed. You never perform your job at maximum output everyday for the rest of your life. Sometimes you change how you do your job. Does that mean you punish yourself for it? Makes no sense this logic that it'll be the same formula for every chapter year. Especially when players are constantly whining in these forums (and other locations of discussion) about how they feel these DLCs never met their expectations.

Can never satisfy everyone. And it seems *majority* are happy with the content each year (Even if I've fallen to disappointment a few times).

They reduced the ESO Plus content. Still charging the same amount for ESO Plus, though. :neutral:

they have charged the same ever year, right?
    we're still getting all the eso+ benefits and that includes access to all dlc except the current chapter.

all dlc used to be less years ago.
    it's awesome the price hasn't gone way up to compensate for how much we get with the subscription.

getting more features in base game instead of dlc means more people get to enjoy those features than just people who buy dlc or eso+.
    i think that's wonderful, not everyone can afford to pay extra money for eso dlc or eso+.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be the silliest, Korean looking Elder Scrolls mmo when skill styling gets released, purple and pink fire breath, green wall of elements? :D :facepalm:
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    RMW wrote: »
    PvP Update let's go!

Watch it be a new battleground map, or a new battleground type.

Fata1moose wrote: »
    I really hope the housing feature is mannequins and weapon racks where we can display outfits and weapons. Not sure how this still isn’t a thing.

I hope it's raised item limits. The only thing that would get me interested in housing again.

I think it would be very nice if limits are going to be raised. The other issues would be nice quality of life features, but in my opinion, not large enough to be called the housing “feature” (the roadmap does not have an S on the end of feature which worries me a bit, implying, it is one big thing.). I think, raising item limits could be counted as one big thing, but I also hope for smaller quality of life things as well.

Now, for what I WISH the feature would be… for a long time I have wished that we could put monster mobs in our homes and set a frequency, like 5% of the time to come home and be surprised by bandits or assassins invading our homes, or 100% of the time with random mobs for example, turning large homes into our own mini dungeons. There would be so many possibilities we could come up with if we could do this. 😊
    Edited by Elvenheart on January 19, 2024 7:27PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

Huh?

they have charged the same ever year, right?
    we're still getting all the eso+ benefits and that includes access to all dlc except the current chapter.

all dlc used to be less years ago.
    it's awesome the price hasn't gone way up to compensate for how much we get with the subscription.

getting more features in base game instead of dlc means more people get to enjoy those features than just people who buy dlc or eso+.
    i think that's wonderful, not everyone can afford to pay extra money for eso dlc or eso+.

Exactly, we’re getting more content for our money as there continue to be more DLCs that we have access to, even if they are now aded at a slower pace than in some previous years.

If it is better for the population and health of the game to make more new content available to all players (without additional purchase or ESO+), that’s fine with me. I still can access a growing number of DLCs and get QoL features and Crowns. :)
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be the silliest, Korean looking Elder Scrolls mmo when skill styling gets released, purple and pink fire breath, green wall of elements? :D :facepalm:

It will probably be client side only visuals, like they did with the Grim Focus permaglow. No one will see your cool stylism but you.

Edited by Jaraal on January 19, 2024 8:17PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffyBird wrote: »
    I was mildly interested in Scribing and skill skins.

Then I was like "FENNORIAN!"

I was just relieved they didn't mention Jakarn...
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was waiting to visit Skingrad for some years, since Sai or Lyriss said something about going to Skingrad in the Markarth DLC.

I'm glad for what's next. My char turns 10 years soon, I hope there will be some cool events for the 10 years anniversary!

I'm also interested in what you have in the works for housing. I wish for a system to sell houses, I have plenty that I don't use so much, and would be nice to turn them into gold or something else. I also hope to see more ways to use the house, like portals, teleporters, more objects, and so on.

Everything you showed looks promising, I like it so far better than the Necrom chapter announcement.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will probably be client side only visuals, like they did with the Grim Focus permaglow. No one will see your cool stylism but you.

It sounded like that in the reveal stream, and yes, I too really hope so! I absolute hate ESO getting flashier and flashier.
    Tandor wrote: »

HEY GOOD-LOOKING!!!
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hyped, although I won't lie I was disappointed when the big reveal in necrom wasn't
    Jyggalag
    , honestly it could have easily had been that and fit perfectly. However, Necrom has a good overall story and this next chapter looks like an interesting continuation of it.

The compromise for spellcrafting with scribing makes sense and appears to provide a decent amount of variety. Would be cool if class skill lines and curses get some scribing love too even if it isn't this year.

I'm hyped for styling. The potential for rp is glorious!

Besides the chapter, the dungeons look cool.

A new housing and pvp update has me on edge in a good way, but I'll curb my enthusiasm till more details are revealed.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • NecroEnzo
    NecroEnzo
    ✭✭✭
    Meh.

Thanks for not adding a subscription...

What a lot of us want to know is if the scribe system is going to turn into a paywall.

People wanted Valenwood: with sentient, moving trees you could talk to and climb into, which featured a moving town/city, and would have required an overhaul rather than just cranking out more content.

[snip]

Almost done: lolplot. You guys reinvented the Jyggalag dynamic.

[snip]

Finally, again thanks for not adding a subscription. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 20, 2024 6:17PM
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    FluffyBird wrote: »
    I was mildly interested in Scribing and skill skins.

Then I was like "FENNORIAN!"

Honestly? I have a tiniest sliver of hope for Fennorian for the sole reason that the writing already started declining when we met him, so, maaaybe, writers won't butcher his personality like they did with poor Jakarn.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where's Lyris and Sai Sahan? I thought they were going to Skingrad for their honeymoon.
    PC EU
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NecroEnzo wrote: »
    Meh.

Thanks for not adding a subscription...

What a lot of us want to know is if the scribe system is going to turn into a paywall.

People wanted Valenwood: with sentient, moving trees you could talk to and climb into, which featured a moving town/city, and would have required an overhaul rather than just cranking out more content.

[snip]

Almost done: lolplot. You guys reinvented the Jyggalag dynamic.

[snip]

Finally, again thanks for not adding a subscription. [snip]

You can just play Skyrim together if you feel so forced to play ESO.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 20, 2024 6:19PM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where's Lyris and Sai Sahan? I thought they were going to Skingrad for their honeymoon.

they'll probably be in a side quest.

the characters shown in the livestream like Leramil, Mizzik, and Fennorian are likely all in the zone story quests.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Treselegant
    Treselegant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohj7vvbxwzo5.jpg

Other than the pithy comments I've left on the other threads, I've had a hard time putting into words what my reaction is to the reveal.

Ultimately, it's just another 'ESO expansion' isn't it? For the 10th anniversary of the game we're getting one system which is combat related and the usual "cults and daedra" story based in a zone that for another year rides on the back of nostalgia for a previous Elder Scrolls title. We're not even getting companions for this one until later in the year - and for what reason? The tiny shrivelled vestige of hope in me whispers "what if it's because they're updating the companion system to have more depth?" but it's more likely it's because they're just behind schedule. Maybe there's going to be more revealed as time goes on but I rather doubt it will be anything major. Probably we'll finish the year off with another round of lackluster quality of life things and bug fixes.

If you're full of enthusiasm for Gold Road I'm not going to take that away from you but I do think as consumers we should be getting more for our money. Especially for ESO's 10th anniversary. Right now, for me, this isn't it.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the characters shown in the livestream like Leramil, Mizzik, and Fennorian are likely all in the zone story quests.

Didn't they say Fennorian was in a side quest? The main quest does not feel like it needs a Fennorian there, but Skingrad is known for things that Fennorian might be part of, if that extends backwards to the 2nd Era.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Didn't they say Fennorian was in a side quest? The main quest does not feel like it needs a Fennorian there, but Skingrad is known for things that Fennorian might be part of, if that extends backwards to the 2nd Era.

i don't remember them saying Fenn is in a side quest, but it is of course possible.
    it's also possible Mizzik is in a side quest instead of the zone story.
    Edited by LunaFlora on January 20, 2024 2:59PM

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i don't remember them saying Fenn is in a side quest, but it is of course possible.

I think it was more of a mention that some returning characters would be in side quests, and showing Fennorian.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think it was more of a mention that some returning characters would be in side quests, and showing Fennorian.

yea that makes sense.
    they did also do that with showing Naryu and Ashur in 2023's Global Reveal livestream, who were also only in side quests.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both dead on my computer. But of course, I've already seen that their sacrifices meant nothing in other DLCs.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yea that makes sense.
    they did also do that with showing Naryu and Ashur in 2023's Global Reveal livestream, who were also only in side quests.

On this note I hope we don't have to wait for the next Morrowind chapter to see Naryu again. Hopefully she is one of the Q4 companions. Really curious why the companions were moved to Q4 and what that means for their intro quests, before you got unique chapter locations and I hope they won't be moved to some generic 2014 delve that still hasn't had its models and textures updated...
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

yea that makes sense.

On this note I hope we don't have to wait for the next Morrowind chapter to see Naryu again. Hopefully she is one of the Q4 companions. Really curious why the companions were moved to Q4 and what that means for their intro quests, before you got unique chapter locations and I hope they won't be moved to some generic 2014 delve that still hasn't had its models and textures updated...

i can see her appearing in any future chapter honestly.
    maybe Black Marsh with Raz! as that's where he said he was going at the end of his Galen quest.

though speaking of Raz i hope he and other Eyes of the Queen like Cariel show up in Gold Road.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of potential with skill styles:
    • We could finally see a vampire lord ult that some of us wanted:
    • fxcdyd71tkmb.jpg
    • Warden summons not tied to Morrowind, maybe themes for a whole host of regions.
    • Arcanist themed towards magic scrolls, tomes and destruction magic. No neon green Mora
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • fxcdyd71tkmb.jpg
    • Warden summons not tied to Morrowind, maybe themes for a whole host of regions.
    • Arcanist themed towards magic scrolls, tomes and destruction magic. No neon green Mora

that would indeed be wonderful.
    however according to the Scribing page styles are only for colours.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/65361
    "Skill Styles are color variation of popular abilities from various weapon, guild, and world skill lines, helping you further stand out on the battlefield."

edited to add:
    which i love as well.
    it would be fun to make a skill like Magelight green for example.
    Edited by LunaFlora on January 20, 2024 4:59PM

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I *think* I remember someone saying that NPCs would not appear as companions. And I'm wondering if the reason for moving them to Q4 is because their quests will be in the new pvp whatever it is....

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • fxcdyd71tkmb.jpg

that would indeed be wonderful.
    however according to the Scribing page styles are only for colours.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/65361
    "Skill Styles are color variation of popular abilities from various weapon, guild, and world skill lines, helping you further stand out on the battlefield."

edited to add:
    which i love as well.
    it would be fun to make a skill like Magelight green for example.

That was true of customized actions at first too I think? At least colored porting was one of the more common ones, they could definitely expand on the concept. 🤞
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think so, pretty sure everyone will see it. Based off this wording: (stolen from LunaFlora's quote)

Edited by alternatelder on January 20, 2024 6:41PM
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

I *think* I remember someone saying that NPCs would not appear as companions. And I'm wondering if the reason for moving them to Q4 is because their quests will be in the new pvp whatever it is....

They did say that of overland NPCs I just want them to change their stance lol. Naryu, Quen, Razum Dar so many allies I want to travel with.

My theory on companions being moved to Q4 is they're working on romance quest lines. In the Q&A Kevin said this:
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Q: Will older companions (Bastion and Mirri)) ever be updated to have more dialog and quests?

TM: I can’t go into too much detail regarding our future plans, but I can say that we have big ideas on how we can expand the Companion system in the future, and those ideas certainly involve revisiting Bastian and Mirri!
    I can't think of a reason to bring back old companions with new voice lines for any other reason besides new a new relationship arc. The devs said it was something they wanted to do when they were first added with Blackwood but they said they wanted to do it right.