Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official Feedback Thread For ESO 2024 Global Reveal- The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Road!

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Q4 is 2 companions and a pvp update.

They said the pvp thing will be something bigger they don't want to reveal yet. So it might probably be something like a dlc instead of just an update? I just hope that, if it costs money, pvp and companions won't be bundled. Chances are high that there are a lot of people who are only interested in the companions, but not in the pvp feature at all (or the other way around), so paying a full dlc prize just for 2 companions would be a bit much (especially considering that they've been part of the Q2 chapter so far and didn't have to be bought seperately). That's the reason I'm curious about the details.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Syldras wrote: »
    So we get Q3 including the housing update for free, correct? What's with Q4?

We'll have more details on those as we get closer. A lot of that is actively being worked on, and details about either could change over the course of development.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so when i buy the gold road upgrade that includes all the previous chapters can i have arcanist removed from my account?

Why remove it? You don't have to choose it during character creation.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Q4 is 2 companions and a pvp update.

They said the pvp thing will be something bigger they don't want to reveal yet. So it might probably be something like a dlc instead of just an update? I just hope that, if it costs money, pvp and companions won't be bundled. Chances are high that there are a lot of people who are only interested in the companions, but not in the pvp feature at all (or the other way around), so paying a full dlc prize just for 2 companions would be a bit much (especially considering that they've been part of the Q2 chapter so far and didn't have to be bought seperately). That's the reason I'm curious about the details.

According to SkinnyCheeks, they said it will NOT be part of Cyrodiil.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Muizer wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Two, scribing is designed with balance in mind. This is still an online game where you are interacting with others and working toward goals with others. The team needs a way to balance, and scribing (a precursor to spell crafting) achieves that.

Does that mean all of the scribe-able skills are tailored by means of their animation to only be useful in very rare circumstances, as is the case for the showcased bow skill?

What I meant was, just like any other skill in the game, we need a way to balance them. In Oblivion, if you wanted to make a spell to destroy people in one shot, you could in-theory do that. With Scribing, you should not be able to make a skill so powerful that you could one shots a boss.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on January 18, 2024 11:17PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Nihilr
    Nihilr
    ✭✭✭
    Does that mean all of the scribe-able skills are tailored by means of their animation to only be useful in very rare circumstances, as is the case for the showcased bow skill?

I think that for now it's just one extra skill, (they aren't promising) but also leaving it open that we may get more customization for skills later:
    ...and scribing (a precursor to spell crafting)...
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two, scribing is designed with balance in mind. This is still an online game where you are interacting with others and working toward goals with others. The team needs a way to balance, and scribing (a precursor to spell crafting) achieves that.

What I meant was, just like any other skill in the game, we need a way to balance them. In Oblivion, if you wanted to make a spell to destroy people in one shot, you could in-theory do that. With Scribing, you should not be able to make a skill so powerful that you could one shots a boss.

Well, poo. I NEED a way to one-shot all those zone story quest bosses I can't get past!

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am cautiously optimistic about the new chapter. The new scribing and skill style system is interesting, but I would like to get a more in-depth look before I decide if I want to commit to it and pre-order /re-sub to eso+

skill styling sounds cool, but highlighting magelight as a skill that will get changes? Not the best choice; magelight is mostly used for its passive effects and is very occasionally casted in pvp. SHOW us some of the new skill styles and maybe also show us a couple more scribe skills.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very excited for Scribing, and I'm thrilled that we're finally getting something for PVP in Q4! Really seeing a bright future for this year of content!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited about the new content, including the scribing concept, although there are unanswered questions as to how it will work, and I'm unclear how the style changes will work with skill animations - if my skill effect is changed say from orange to purple does that just affect how I see my skill effect, or other players' effect for that skill including the way they see my skill effect?

The devil is always in the detail, and given past experience in recent years never more so than when QoL changes/additions
    are mentioned. One person's improvement can be another person's gamebreaker, so yes the devil will definitely be in the detail, including whether such things are mandatory or optional!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I'm excited about the new content, including the scribing concept, although there are unanswered questions as to how it will work, and I'm unclear how the style changes will work with skill animations - if my skill effect is changed say from orange to purple does that just affect how I see my skill effect, or other players' effect for that skill including the way they see my skill effect?

I think in the video they said that you choose the effect you see. So it probably means that it will remain unaltered for everyone else.

Edited by Syldras on January 18, 2024 11:28PM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • dkblight
    dkblight
    ✭✭✭
    Very excited indeed, still would love stack-able treasure maps, being able to see last time logged on for blocked people/increase in blocks, and maybe more storage options, but in terms of new life in the game, I'm looking forward to it.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am impressed that Scribing does seem to be a form of spell/skill crafting. I'll be awaiting the details and caveats before giving it praise of course, but I hope it is implemented well; past additions to the game always had some self-defeating caveats so I hope that is not the case this time.

Adding a new Daedric Prince to lore sounds odd considering ESO's position in the timeline, but the crystal motif seems suspiciously similar to Jyggalag? Perhaps this is a successor of sorts? Lore implications aside, it may be interesting.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fata1moose wrote: »
    I wonder how much the companions will cost in the crown store being separated from the chapter.
    Perhaps nothing, because the companions might just be added as a patch, and then be available via companion "unlock" quests, just like the previous ones.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    Adding a new Daedric Prince to lore sounds odd considering ESO's position in the timeline

It's nothing that affects the lore of the later TES games. Putting it in spoilers, just in case:
    We learn in Necrom that she had been made forgotten, she just gets freed again during the Necrom storyline. The new chapter - or any upcoming chapter, as I don't know how long they want to continue this story arc - will be about restoring the old state and ban her again, so people will forget her again. So it's logical that there will be no traces of her anymore in the future. That's what the whole thing is about.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Werewolf be able to use the Scribing system? I saw that the World skill lines were mentioned for Skill Styles, but it's ambiguous whether the Werewolf skill line will get a Grimoire like the Weapon skill lines will.

@ZOS_Kevin
    Adding on to this, is it confirmed that new Grimoires will be added to various skill lines in future updates? I know that new Skill Styles will be added in the future for existing skills after this Chapter's release, but can I expect Grimoire skills to be added to skill lines which were not initially covered in the Gold Road Chapter?

I'd love to see a 6th slottable skill for the Werewolf skill line. Then we would need to make a choice to determine which one of the initial 5 Werewolf skills to swap out for the Werewolf Grimoire skill.
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    Super excited! == buying it very soon.
    Still would like to have story mode for the Q1 DLC dungeons, no vet loot no rewards, only to thoroughly RP/experience the same that those three guys in the cool new trailer.
    Edited by DorianDragonRaze on January 19, 2024 12:16AM
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    I wonder how much the companions will cost in the crown store being separated from the chapter.
    Perhaps nothing, because the companions might just be added as a patch, and then be available via companion "unlock" quests, just like the previous ones.

This won't happen. Q4 is a DLC, a PVP DLC, which will have companions included. I am sure this was a way for ZOS to get people who don't PVP to buy the DLC.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

The devil is always in the detail, and given past experience in recent years never more so than when QoL changes/additions
    are mentioned. One person's improvement can be another person's gamebreaker, so yes the devil will definitely be in the detail, including whether such things are mandatory or optional!

Good point. I'm hoping that it only impacts OUR visual and not make it global. Hopefully also other people can see our visual, and isn't just us seeing the change.
  • Twig_Garlicshine
    Twig_Garlicshine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see all the neat new stuff for the Pvers.
    That stuff all looks great.

Nothing PvP till Q4 and may or may not be tied to the new expansion, is totally unknown and not gonna be shown,
    sounds an awful lot like
    "We got sumthin for ya, we just don't want to say" (whispers to office, "Think up something before then team").

oh well,
    Grats and thumbs up to all the PvE fans.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

This won't happen. Q4 is a DLC, a PVP DLC, which will have companions included. I am sure this was a way for ZOS to get people who don't PVP to buy the DLC.

I won't buy it. I don't pvp, and I don't have any interest in or use for companions.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only complaint is June is so far away... :(
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to meet you in the reveal, @ZOS_Kevin ! Always fun to put to a face to the name.

I'm curious to know if one of the "styling" effects will be to make Grim Focus invisible?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Because it's obviously not Spell Crafting as everyone envisioned it to be. It's Spell Customization. Probably what ZOS was only capable of doing within the confines of the existing code and gameplay mechanics. We have to appreciate what we can get, not demand what we want.

Related to the confines of the existing code, I always assume that if they really want to do something, they will find a way to do it. The game engine has been updated before, and they can do it again.

Gameplay is probably the bigger issue. It is for me, at least. I have fears about spell crafting. The first, is just how well it meshes with the rather rigid class system they have in place, second is whether it would just turn out to be a replacement for the existing weapon and class skills, and third is how it would negatively impact Cyrodiil. I want a conservative system rather than a radical or revolutionary system.

This Scribing does not sound like it is going to be a problem with the first and second, but I will reserve my thoughts on the third one until later.

I hope they don't tease Companions and then toss them into the Crown Store. :neutral:

I also hope that they don't end years of "ignoring" Cyrodiil and PVP by putting a PVP DLC in the Crown Store. I think the "optics" on that would be pretty bad. There isn't enough popcorn in the world to get me through reading the forum if they do that. :smile:

So, I am going out on a rather shaky limb and suggest that the 4th quarter content is going to be base game.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping for the Nightfall crate to return this year a little bit more than the new expansion.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The stream (at 38:19) presented a graphic listing the 4 quarterly updates, and said
    Update 44
    Two new companions
    +
    New PvP-related feature
    So I'm not convinced the companions are locked into the PvP. Although they may have mentioned something about the 2 being connected in the stream and I missed it, so I could be wrong.
    Edited by vsrs_au on January 19, 2024 1:12AM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    af45f64f4c7beaeaa778455b47f24e24.jpg

@Syldras | PC | EU
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks promising! I am excited for 2024 in ESO!
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The visuals we've seen look quite pretty and I like to be going to an Imperial area again. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of the multi-biome approach as it can make the world feel a bit smaller.

Gold Road seems like an odd name for the chapter. I suppose it makes some sense with the new princes untraveled road bit and might make more sense if the PvP later involves the road but, it seems a little odd.

It will be interesting to see how Scribing is balanced and how much of a grind it is. I've got around a dozen characters so the amount of grinding I need to do per character will influence how I might use the system.

From an RP perspective, I think the year's design continues the process of ESO pigeon holing our characters into being massively powerful magical beings that are both accepting of questionable behavior and limited in our ability to misbehave.

I would also note that the content cadence puts the Chapter in an awkward position. The back half of the year doesn't necessarily have much content that appeals to keep one busy and the Chapter tends to go for sale on the back half. This can leave you in the position of wondering why you shouldn't just quit till thanksgiving and buy the chapter then.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    beautiful chapter!
    beautiful zone!
    beautiful animals!!
    beautiful ayleid ruins!!
    beautiful ithelia!

i am really excited to explore the chapter in spring/summer! i love the bosmeri area of Dawnwood, Skingrad looks fun, and it seems like another favourite chapter.
    scribing seems fun too :3

that new mantikore mount also is amazing! and a raven pet wow.

some pictures i love under spoilers
    tscsmxb32dq4.jpg
    4iqr7xlm03qr.jpg
    ithelia's statue looks amazing.

v0i0bvwb1ksz.jpg
    love this indrik and that armour!

63sx288iz3ix.jpg
    59s6fuo8y27s.jpg
    zdzcz22zhk5k.jpg
    amazing bosmer area with Dawnwood!!
    i hope we get multiple new bosmeri houses

v8s8f01eb2sm.jpg
    ciqkbjhic8zo.jpg
    3mnv4gskvzdq.jpg
    skingrad looks fantastic! i love the new banner.

7kbpx0v5escg.jpg
    59knhnxjel23.jpg
    orkqgg74awb7.jpg
    abmo0pgsy6x6.jpg
    cute animalsss

Based on hermaeous moras involvement and his hiding of ithelia, looking at her art here makes me think tho'at replicanum is one of her daedra that mora has trapped. That glassy shimmery metal looking magic