The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Please give us Skill Styles for Werewolf Transformation

Erickson9610
Erickson9610
✭✭✭✭✭
The upcoming Skill Styling system can solve one of the problems Werewolf players have — the lack of any customization for their Werewolf form. While I also think Skill Styles could be made for some of Werewolf's other skills, like Hircine's Bounty, I think the greatest potential is found in the ability to swap the fur color of your Werewolf form, and possibly even "polymorph" it.

Take, for instance, some of the existing fur colors that Werewolves across Tamriel can have:
ufmi9ag3jdvz.png

Werewolf's fur color is currently tied to the morph of Werewolf Transformation that you pick — in other words, the cosmetic system is tied to the combat system. As an example, if you wanted your Werewolf form to have white fur, then you are obligated to pick the Pack Leader morph, even if you'd rather play with Werewolf Berserker. If you want brown fur, then you have to use the unmorphed skill. This also means that some fur colors, like gray, are inaccessible to players, due to there only being 3 versions of Werewolf Transformation to choose from.

Also note that some "polymorphs" for Werewolf exist, such as the "undead" and "skeleton" Werewolf models:
5mwkbd4js8ar.png

It's worth noting that there exists a collectible which changes the fur color of a different Ultimate ability. It's the Slate-Gray Summoned Bear collectible, and it changes the fur color of Feral Guardian and its morphs from brown to gray:
yyigav8byo67.png

Plus, the functionality to support changing the fur color of Werewolf is already in the game. Because of how the morphs of Werewolf Transformation are distinguished from one another, it's also easy to tell at a glance which kind of Werewolf it is. For instance, this is a Pack Leader Werewolf with brown fur:
mo8dgfnj7nxp.png

So, with all of that out of the way, here's some mock-ups I've made to illustrate how Skill Styles for Werewolf Transformation may look in the UI, using the fur colors of black, brown, gray, and white, as shown earlier in the post.

Werewolf Skill Styles in the Collections Menu:
87f4wabkj8nv.png

Selecting a Skill Style for Werewolf Transformation from the Skills Menu:
wq4gn6t8gdn8.png

And finally, here's what the 4 aforementioned Skill Styles might look like in the Skills Menu alongside each morph of Werewolf Transformation.
Werewolf Transformation:
ze7cr2wwqss2.png
Werewolf Berserker:
pmmxbmn99h7n.png
Pack Leader:
4bru9fsr83ax.png

I would personally love to use gray fur on my main Werewolf character, rather than white or black. It would also be nice to be able to use brown fur without missing out on the benefits of Pack Leader or Werewolf Berserker. Plus, I have some Werewolf characters who have white hair in their human form, and so I'd like to keep their Werewolf fur color as white, despite what build I'm running.

Above all, the option to switch between fur colors at will is important to me — I do this all the time in other games where I can customize the look of my werewolf character. I would buy every available Werewolf Transformation Skill Style just to have some form of customization for the form that I try to maintain. "Werewolf-like" customization options for the human form (like the Werewolf Lord polymorph, the Beast personality, the Sable Man-Beast skin, and so on) are great for when I'm not in Werewolf form, but once I transform, I lose all of that customization. Skill Styling can give Werewolf players the freedom to customize the look of their Werewolf characters where they couldn't before.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally would really like this as well. I run a Berserker wolf most days and I would enjoy being able to make the fur color the original brown color because I like it better how it looks and thematically my imperial has brown hair which I would like to match. Cosmetic adjustments would greatly enable player customization true to the play your way fantasy style elder scrolls players have known and come to love through out the years, while even enabling future financial incentives for Zenimax through potential crown store skin or ability color pack offerings that could work through the scribing system for a win win approach where both profit streams and player fantasy may mutually be increased for an even greater gaming experience.
    Options