Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official Feedback Thread For ESO 2024 Global Reveal- The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Road!

• metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

So, I am going out on a rather shaky limb and suggest that the 4th quarter content is going to be base game.

I don't know how shaky it is, considering 2023's 4th quarter content was base game. Maybe it's the new pattern.
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was excited before the reveal. Now, not excited at all. Apart from the quests I feel there is nothing their for me. The Oakensoul Ring was a game changer for me and I liked the Grand Master crafting tables. Sorry, but not this time. At my age I like to keep things simple, but Scribing, I see as anything but. The rest, Com se com sa.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold Road seems like an odd name for the chapter. I suppose it makes some sense with the new princes untraveled road bit and might make more sense if the PvP later involves the road but, it seems a little odd.

Gold Road is the name of the main road between the Imperial City and Anvil, passing through Skingrad and bordering Kvatch (and also Sutch, as far as I know).

The main roads of Cyrodiil all have a color attributed to them. For example, the Green Road is the road from the Imperial City (or, more precise, shore of Lake Rumare) to Bravil and Leyawiin. The Blue Road leads from Lake Rumare to Cheydinhal.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also this is a crazy ask, totally unfeasible to add something like this if you haven't already.

But could we get all the crafting amenities and writ boards in the new bosmer town as well as skingrad?

Cause the ONLY bosmeri town you can do writs in for 10 years has been elden root. And I'd like to have a new home for writs that's bosmeri themed.

Super excited for the 1/3 dawnwood region of the zone. What a grand way to add some valenwood to the game :):)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold Road seems like an odd name for the chapter. I suppose it makes some sense with the new princes untraveled road bit and might make more sense if the PvP later involves the road but, it seems a little odd.

Well, it is the name of the road that crosses the zone. (Edit, as Syldras said better than I did)
    metheglyn wrote: »

So, I am going out on a rather shaky limb and suggest that the 4th quarter content is going to be base game.

I don't know how shaky it is, considering 2023's 4th quarter content was base game. Maybe it's the new pattern.

It is shaky because of the companions. Historically, they have been paid content. They could still do that, and offer the PVP what-cha-ma-thingy for free, I suppose.

Edited by Elsonso on January 19, 2024 2:26AM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DuckInRealLife
    DuckInRealLife
    ✭✭✭
    I'm indifferent (which is the long and short of it). But I think this was a chance to go all out and it fell just a little short.

I was expecting a little more 'wow' due to this being the 10 year release, I do think what was shown of North Weald is very beautiful and it looks like a nice zone to be in.

The introduction of Ithelia was a very ambitious plot, and while I like the idea and the existence of Ithelia it feels like I know the outcome somewhat already since she's not meant to be known of again the the future due to how the games have released. However I like that you're taking the time to continue a plot across major expansions.

Scribing/Styling it's nice that you're planning to build on it in the future but where it sits currently wasn't what I was particularly hoping for somewhat. It's good you're starting with Weapon Skills and will eventually go to class skills in time. I'd really like to see colour changing for some of the class skills/theme changes (e.g. Fire theme for Sorcerer changes abilities to fire damage/fire vfx). But it seems from what you said in the reveal you will be adding to it in expansions to come, so fingers crossed.

I'll buy the expansion solely because I'm interested in where it will go but not where it is with the limited information.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also this is a crazy ask, totally unfeasible to add something like this if you haven't already.

But could we get all the crafting amenities and writ boards in the new bosmer town as well as skingrad?

Cause the ONLY bosmeri town you can do writs in for 10 years has been elden root. And I'd like to have a new home for writs that's bosmeri themed.

Super excited for the 1/3 dawnwood region of the zone. What a grand way to add some valenwood to the game :):)

oh that would be super awesome! i want a new bosmer crafting writ area
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The introduction of Ithelia was a very ambitious plot, and while I like the idea and the existence of Ithelia it feels like I know the outcome somewhat already since she's not meant to be known of again the the future due to how the games have released. However I like that you're taking the time to continue a plot across major expansions.
    Given the chronology of all the Elder Scrolls games, Ithelia could be included in every subsequent chapter of ESO and the chronological logic could still be preserved. After all, it seems we're permanently stuck in the 2nd era in ESO. So I'm optimistic that ZOS won't kill off Ithelia that soon. :)
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, it is the name of the road that crosses the zone. (Edit, as Syldras said better than I did)
    metheglyn wrote: »

It is shaky because of the companions. Historically, they have been paid content. They could still do that, and offer the PVP what-cha-ma-thingy for free, I suppose.

Yeah, I hadn't considered the companions being paid content previously, probably because they came with chapters, and this year they aren't. So, maybe it's moderately shaky.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must be a confusingly simple person. I see a new land to explore and a new story to experience, I press buy.

I don't get the negative feelings from so many.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • nebula3832
    nebula3832
    ✭✭✭
    Ok Australian player here with question
    Global reveal was live at 3am my time so missed out on stream rewards
    Will it be available again to claim
    And somewhere i can see a more suitable time for us in Australia perth?
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I must be a confusingly simple person. I see a new land to explore and a new story to experience, I press buy.

I don't get the negative feelings from so many.

Eh, depends. I only bought Greymoor for the antiquities. But otherwise, I agree, certainly.
    nebula3832 wrote: »

YT VOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDZvHNg85Mc

That's the reveal stream, starts about 12 minutes in. I'm looking for the link to the streams in EU.

Here's the link for the EU streams:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/65357

You can claim the emote etc by watching one of those.
    Edited by TaSheen on January 19, 2024 3:25AM

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m excited! The new zone looks beautiful, particularly with the autumn colors, and the introduction of a new Daedric Prince is intriguing.

I’m hyped for scribing, too. My only concern there is that, as primarily a magicka-oriented player, if it’s initially restricted to weapons, we don’t have many — just destro and resto staves. I’m still hoping for a one-handed wand/staff combined with a book or a rune or something similar to enter our arsenal someday.

It was great to actually see you, Kevin! Pleased to meet ya!
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    It definitely sounds interesting and with a lot for everyone - especially since the more popular zones/races do seem to be human-related. I am indeed far more hyped by the entire Apocrypha chapter, and all the high- fantasy it entailed. But I have set my expectations pretty low for other chapters involving humans in the past, and I have been more than pleasantly surprised. So I should think what is coming will certainly be interesting, especially with the freedom a new daedric prince offers. This game has no shortage of great writers - and there's no doubt about that.

The new system sounds equally interesting and enticing. The hope that it will indeed help the classes balance among each other, and new possibilities will arise, is in itself a plus.

And speaking about classes balance - one cannot help but look forward towards the end of the year when something clearly expects the pvp area - and since this seems a long-awaited attention, one can only hope the end of the year will crown a proper anniversary, as the scent of the whole year seems to be.

Overall I hope for a more positive year, and a community with less hate and negativity about it. Asking things of others is simple. Creating them, and making them happen - not so much.
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m hyped for scribing, too. My only concern there is that, as primarily a magicka-oriented player, if it’s initially restricted to weapons, we don’t have many — just destro and resto staves. I’m still hoping for a one-handed wand/staff combined with a book or a rune or something similar to enter our arsenal someday.

The line "with Scribing, we've created a new ability for every weapon skill line... and a few more" from the stream gives me the impression that there will be Grimoires for all of the skill lines in the Weapon category (including Restoration Staff and Destruction Staff) and also some for an unannounced selection of non-Weapon skill lines. I just hope that there will be Grimoires for all of the skill lines at some point.
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not the most excited for the expansion, but I will admit that I may have got my hopes too high in some departments.

I was really hoping that we'd get a Bosmer-centric expansion since they've hardly got any love. At the very least, even if it is unlikely, I hope that Bosmer will get more motifs than Imperials since there already is so much Imperial content and styles compared to Bosmer-themed content. If I'm not mistaken, Bosmer only have two motifs, being the basic motif and the Stags of Z'en (excluding style pages since they aren't full motifs). Meanwhile Imperials have quite a bit more across many DLCs, many of which have a strong or complete Imperial focus.

Also, I was part of the group who was speculating/hoping that the other cursed Prince, Jyggalag, would get some attention. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the theming seems oddly similar;
    Finedaible wrote: »
    ... the crystal motif seems suspiciously similar to Jyggalag? Perhaps this is a successor of sorts? Lore implications aside, it may be interesting.

Since Jyggalag has rarely got any attention after the Shivering Isles Oblivion DLC, I would've loved if he got some more attention. Given how Ithelia is seemingly focused around chaos and choices, it seems like her sphere would be in direct competition with Jyggalag's. Maybe at some point we will have to seek the help of Dyus or some other relic of Order to confine Ithelia again? Here's hoping that we may still get some new lore for the Prince of Order (you can bet that I'll still be hounding the Loremaster archives to try get new, official Jyggalag lore).

I also can't help but share the sentiment that this year seems kinda light in content for the 10th anniversary of ESO. Maybe the later quarters will help with that, though.

To the good now. The zone is gorgeous, and that new non-wolf mount definitely caught my attention. Scribing seems like a good addition to the game since now every who was wishing for Spellcrafting can finally get their wishes filled. The Soul Magic grimoire talked about in the article had my attention since it feels like the Soul Magic skill line is under used as it stands right now. And I look forward to seeing if the great writing from Necrom will carry into this expansion.
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still on the fence TBH. The new zone/monsters look good to me and fully voiced quests are always awesome to hear.

My worries are with the new scribing system. I will need to see more info before I buy the chapter. Things such as exactly how I would go about unlocking the "morphs" are a bit troublesome. If, for example, I need to defeat a dolman in cyrodile to get X useful morph I won't ever get that morph and it will be useless to me. If however that morph can be found elsewhere with say scrying I would be happier. Same goes for end DLC dungeon bosses on Vet, never gonna get those either. The reveal had some useful info, but IMO it needed to go into detail much more.

As it sits now I'll wait as even though the land/areas/monsters look good, I got burnt before buying a chapter (card game) that offered nothing for me when I played it.
  • nebula3832
    nebula3832
    ✭✭✭
    Thankyou TaSheen for info❤
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankyou TaSheen for info❤

You're very welcome! Happy adventures!

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the words Spellcrafting were voiced on the stream, shocking even myself, I vehemently yelled at my computer, "Ten. [snip]. Years. Later! IT BETTER BE GOOD!" Then I was like, "Wow, what kind of trauma produced that response."

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 19, 2024 3:20PM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The reveal stream started at 8am Melbourne time, and we're only 3 hours ahead of you, not 5.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a 1 handed plus magic weapon skill line could pair really well with the Scribing system. The pyromancer emote makes me really want to have the ability to wield a fireball in one hand.

You could have the typical 5 skills + ult but have every one be scribable. Fireball, lighting, and ice shard that could be altered into AoEs, DOTs, etc. The skill line would be cool in itself, provide new gameplay and convince people to invest in both Gold Road and whatever chapter the 1H+magic skill line came from.

Apart from that, I hope they touch on class spammables next as that's one of the most used abilities.
    Edited by Fata1moose on January 19, 2024 5:17AM
  • TTMighty
    TTMighty
    ✭✭✭
    When, Oh When, will we see a Jewelry Hiring!?!?!?
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENNORIAN!!!! <3
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am cautious about Scribing until it hits PTS later on in 2024. I am also very interested but also very, very cautious about "PvP-related feature" in Q4.

ZOS considers ToT PvP so I am a tad worried.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on January 19, 2024 6:22AM
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was mildly interested in Scribing and skill skins.

Then I was like "FENNORIAN!"

Then they started talking about how the story is going to be better than this and cooler than that and that self-praise gave me an impression that it will be exactly same bland end-of-the-world story with zero meaningful consequences, no character development, and dialogue options suggesting that the Vestige has severe brain damage. But we'll see (on YouTube haha).
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love a discount but will pre-order exclusively because of the crow / raven pet.

I also see a corvid in the promo art and hope these are hints that the Blackfeather Court will be making a notable appearance! They're my favorite "returning characters" :)

The zone design looks gorgeous as usual. Love the overgrown area, very excited for housing items in that jungle theme. And I hope the housing update will be something hous-ers have been asking for in droves.

In theory a lot of the new features feel like outreach to long-time players. Being heard is always great. But since we don't yet know what they actually are, I'm just cautiously optimistic.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm always happy to have a new zone to explore. It looks beautiful, though the oddness of Apocrypha was more exciting to me. I'm glad Bosmer will be getting some new content even if it's not a completely Bosmer-centered zone and unlikely to be connected to Falinesti. I am glad that we will get new Ayleid lore. I'm glad to see Fenn again.

I can never touch Q1 dungeons or pvp content, so that doesn't really excite me.. I am curious about the housing feature and QOL updates. I am looking forward to new antiquities and companions. Hopefully the Q4 content will be free through a community event or some such as it has been at times in the past.

I'm not sure how I feel about scribing yet. I'm not too interested in combat, but I will probably enjoy styling and theming skills to match my various characters.

ZOS usually has another stream ahead of each quarterly release just like the upcoming January 26th one, so I'm sure we'll learn more as the year goes on. Hopefully there will be other interesting surprises ahead. I doubt they spoiled all the plans up front.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Muizer wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Two, scribing is designed with balance in mind. This is still an online game where you are interacting with others and working toward goals with others. The team needs a way to balance, and scribing (a precursor to spell crafting) achieves that.

Does that mean all of the scribe-able skills are tailored by means of their animation to only be useful in very rare circumstances, as is the case for the showcased bow skill?

What I meant was, just like any other skill in the game, we need a way to balance them. In Oblivion, if you wanted to make a spell to destroy people in one shot, you could in-theory do that. With Scribing, you should not be able to make a skill so powerful that you could one shots a boss.

I appreciate that but if you're going to tie the option to customize a skill to an animation that severely limits its usefulness however you customize it, that is like giving something with one hand and taking it away with the other. It becomes a gimmick, not a feature.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin the roadmap has caused a bit of confusion for me regarding Companions. Are we still going to get them with the Gold Road Chapter?
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.