Derra wrote: »
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »
    SaKGEE wrote: »
    cIMgqve.png
    new hardened ward in pvp, why would you add battle spirit to already dead shield?

@Derra

You said something yesterday? Yes its bugged PRE-battle spirit, but after?

It´s in the patchnotes that it´s bugged.

Zos_RobGarret showcased the math how it´s supposed to work. A 24k hp build (with battlespirit in those hp) is supposed to have a 9600 cap on their shields in cyrodiil.

Already know its bugged, said so but from 10k+ you claimed yesterday now youre down to 9k6?

One way or the other, shields are useless crittable + have resist + get major breach + affected by spriggans = 0 resistance + Crits unless we start running 1 pirate skelly piece + 1 chudan piece and loose (in my case) 1 domi + 1 illambris that means huge amount of damage loss + stamina. But hey, our frag proc deals +10% more dmg. Class is saved.

Wow.

25k hp in cyrodiil will get a 10k shield. The math showcased used the same calculation but with 24k hp which results in a 9.6k shield.
    The maximum shieldsize you´ll see will be related to your HP. Get 26k hp - you´ll have 10400 max shield.

I have played this game 6 months in the launch and another 10 months now.

Both times taught me to not pay attention and trust what devs say or claim because forum whiners always win vs devs+players.

Still 5k or 9k or 10k have the same useless effect on sorcs that have 0 heals and 0 other defensives for reasons mentioned above plus a change that will force us to retrait our well fitted to impen.

The change was a clear "save magblade" in PvP that if youre right and im wrong they lost 2k or so shielding value while we lost 12k

the cap is per shield and only for annulment and conjure ward. you can still stack them. you didn´t lose 12k.

Really? Ive seen max absorption limit 40% per player.
    If youre right its all ok

No it is Not ok, you goober.

Options
  • Anken5
    Anken5
    ✭✭✭
    Any reason to play a high magic build now ?
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    cIMgqve.png
    new hardened ward in pvp, why would you add battle spirit to already dead shield?

@Derra

Zos_RobGarret showcased the math how it´s supposed to work. A 24k hp build (with battlespirit in those hp) is supposed to have a 9600 cap on their shields in cyrodiil.

Already know its bugged, said so but from 10k+ you claimed yesterday now youre down to 9k6?

One way or the other, shields are useless crittable + have resist + get major breach + affected by spriggans = 0 resistance + Crits unless we start running 1 pirate skelly piece + 1 chudan piece and loose (in my case) 1 domi + 1 illambris that means huge amount of damage loss + stamina. But hey, our frag proc deals +10% more dmg. Class is saved.

Wow.

25k hp in cyrodiil will get a 10k shield. The math showcased used the same calculation but with 24k hp which results in a 9.6k shield.
    The maximum shieldsize you´ll see will be related to your HP. Get 26k hp - you´ll have 10400 max shield.

Both times taught me to not pay attention and trust what devs say or claim because forum whiners always win vs devs+players.

Still 5k or 9k or 10k have the same useless effect on sorcs that have 0 heals and 0 other defensives for reasons mentioned above plus a change that will force us to retrait our well fitted to impen.

The change was a clear "save magblade" in PvP that if youre right and im wrong they lost 2k or so shielding value while we lost 12k

the cap is per shield and only for annulment and conjure ward. you can still stack them. you didn´t lose 12k.

22K max health sorcerer can only have up to 8.8K points per damage shield since it is 40% of his max health.
    Here is a quote for more info:
    The current plan is for the new cap (based on maximum health) to be enforced after Battle Spirit is applied. In your example, if a Sorc with 24k hp and 35k Magicka casts Annulment:
    1. The shield would start at 12,250. (35k Magicka * 0.35 coefficient)
    2. The shield would be halved by Battle Spirit to 6,125.
    3. The shield would be unaffected by the health-based cap, because 6,125 < 9,600. (9,600 = 40% of 24k hp)

The team will continue to monitor and evaluate the change though.
    Edited by Universe on October 2, 2018 2:52PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    cIMgqve.png

@Derra

Wow.

22K max health sorcerer can only have up to 8.8K points per damage shield since it is 40% of his max health.
    The current plan is for the new cap (based on maximum health) to be enforced after Battle Spirit is applied. In your example, if a Sorc with 24k hp and 35k Magicka casts Annulment:
    3. The shield would be unaffected by the health-based cap, because 6,125 < 9,600. (9,600 = 40% of 24k hp)

Incorrect. In the same exact thread, you have this:
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    Okay, I appreciate the overall direction... but 40% of my health bar on a 24k sorc shield? So Basically why run hardened ward because I'll always be so far over the health cap?

Is this 40% for ALL shields stacking or just each shield individually?
    Shields still stack the same way as before. We didn't change that behavior. The health-based cap is applied per individual shield.

Shields still stack, and the cap is 40% EACH, for a maximum (from these two shields and not counting other shielding sources) of 80% if both are up at the same time.

EDIT: Sorry. Missed the part where you said "per." Not quite awake yet.
    Edited by BrightOblivion on October 2, 2018 3:31PM
    Options
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    So, based on the changes they're planning in this version of the PTS, they nerf non-pet sorc defense, mobility, and damage, without giving any additional benefit that would allow us to adapt? I guess we have to hope nerfs to other classes will allow us to remain competive..

Literally every round of changes they announce proves that none of the devs have ever played a sorc beyond the basic overland quests. PVP is going to be awful as a sorc, and it will take months before they come up with another poorly thought out half-broken "fix" to the class.

Seriously devs, take a couple hours out of your week to actually play the game the way you think it should be played. It might help you understand players' frustration when you roll out sweeping changes that may look good on paper but ruin the playability of a class people have spent hours building up.
    Options
  • Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭
    Sygil05 wrote: »
    Seriously devs, take a couple hours out of your week to actually play the game the way you think it should be played. It might help you understand players' frustration when you roll out sweeping changes that may look good on paper but ruin the playability of a class people have spent months building up.

Fixed*
    IGN: Sange-13
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At this point...

... can we have an option in the subscription to remain in Summerset expansion forever?

At least in PvE (I guess people would not want a Summerset magsorc against them in PvP).

Playing since closed beta, I cannot find a single rational reason to keep paying a sub if I have to install Murkmire.
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    NBrookus wrote: »
    So basically you just need a light attack to break my shield i paid 3k magicka for? Lol what skill

4k DK wings says hello and welcome to the club where your mitigation is nullified by free attacks.

Even though i wouldn't put wings and shields in the same category, since DK has a few other very potent defensive skills, I think that wings is amazing skill which tottaly shuts down ReachSorc and magBlade and you got snare immunity on it, lol.

It´s also the ultimate hypocrisy - because getting rid of wings with those free attacks means shooting oneself a minimum of 12k tooltip dmg back into the face.

Removing wings isn´t free. It´s shooting oneself and makes wings one of the highest dmg tooltips in the game.

But since all DKs seem to have prosecution complex that´s easily forgotten.

I don't know about you, but try using wings to good effect vs the meta magplar, magden, magDK, stamDK, Stamsorc, stamblade, stamden, stamplar. Have fun dropping 4k to reflect a light attack, maybe one dot if you time it well.
    With shields yeah that isn't a thing.

I don't at all support the current shield changes, super band aid and arbitarary, little in the way of a rebalance instead just out-of-rear nerfs to the point the shield ends up super boring. If they want to do it, they should buff streak to the point it competes something like cloak/shimmer (just a little less OP)
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments that were off topic and nonconstructive. This is a reminder to please stay on topic and keep comments civil. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    So basically you just need a light attack to break my shield i paid 3k magicka for? Lol what skill

4k DK wings says hello and welcome to the club where your mitigation is nullified by free attacks.

Even though i wouldn't put wings and shields in the same category, since DK has a few other very potent defensive skills, I think that wings is amazing skill which tottaly shuts down ReachSorc and magBlade and you got snare immunity on it, lol.

It´s also the ultimate hypocrisy - because getting rid of wings with those free attacks means shooting oneself a minimum of 12k tooltip dmg back into the face.

Removing wings isn´t free. It´s shooting oneself and makes wings one of the highest dmg tooltips in the game.

I don't know about you, but try using wings to good effect vs the meta magplar, magden, magDK, stamDK, Stamsorc, stamblade, stamden, stamplar. Have fun dropping 4k to reflect a light attack, maybe one dot if you time it well.

I think personally wings is quite strong vs magplar due to the snare immunity and jabs being wonky to hit.
    But it´s not really the main function of the skill.

There are classes where skills have less use - but it doesn´t make the skill less of a hardcounter against the classes it´s useful against.
    It´s the same as arguing about the use of mines vs nb or sorcs.

For me the current wings wouldn´t exist.
    DK would have a 2.5s unlimited reflect + snare immunity skill.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • MetalHead4x4
    MetalHead4x4
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't like the fact that to reap the full rewards of shields you have to run both. 36k magicka isn't enough to juggle 2 shields in even the easiest of fights. There should be a balance for those who choose to run 2 shields and those that run only 1. I hate being "forced" to shield stack you are forcing me to play a specific way.
    Edited by MetalHead4x4 on October 2, 2018 9:02PM
    PC/NA Daevyen the Warlock (Sorc)
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you guys tried using Frags since the change? If it's anything like Grim Focus you're going to hate it.
    Options
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    del
    Edited by ruikkarikun on October 2, 2018 10:00PM
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    cIMgqve.png

@Derra

Wow.

Incorrect. In the same exact thread, you have this:
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    Okay, I appreciate the overall direction... but 40% of my health bar on a 24k sorc shield? So Basically why run hardened ward because I'll always be so far over the health cap?

Is this 40% for ALL shields stacking or just each shield individually?
    Shields still stack the same way as before. We didn't change that behavior. The health-based cap is applied per individual shield.

Shields still stack, and the cap is 40% EACH, for a maximum (from these two shields and not counting other shielding sources) of 80% if both are up at the same time.

EDIT: Sorry. Missed the part where you said "per." Not quite awake yet.

Well that is an interesting clarification that I (And apparently quite a few others) missed. Seems like that would have been a good thing for the devs to lead with... So basically now you are forcing sorcs to stack shields. Got it. Don’t get me wrong, 40% health per shield is certainly better than what we thought we were getting. Stupid and arbitrary, but better.

Do we know at this point whether crit resistance from CP or impenetrable will affect shields? If not, seems a huge oversight and terrible imabalance. Patch notes are less then clear on this.
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

I don't at all support the current shield changes, super band aid and arbitarary, little in the way of a rebalance instead just out-of-rear nerfs to the point the shield ends up super boring. If they want to do it, they should buff streak to the point it competes something like cloak/shimmer (just a little less OP)

When ever i play mag templer or mag warden wings on a dk are really strong. Light attack damage is around ~20% of overall dps and you notice it when you have to stop weaving them in. In addition you can not reapply the range dots. Hell i even dropped the bow on my stam templer because of the reflect spam in bgs.

If i can not use light attack of the only mag dd weapon it is already worth using wings.
    If you manage to relect one of the attacks it is even double worth it since it: first protected you from the damage which means you do not waste resources healing and second you deal damage with my own skill to me
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of people crying here just didn't read how work the cap, on what shield is it applied and how it stack.

The change to shields, for PvP, aren't bad.

PvP sorc shields are not getting really nerfed. This is different, but you can now for a little damage trade build tankier shields than on live.

Please use your brain and make the maths.

Please use UESP editor and try to work around resist/crit resist/max magicka & max health.

The cap is a bit lower and it's the thing about shield that could have some love. Make it 50%.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom feedback about pets survivability in PvP.

The decision you make about bounding pet critical resistance to the player one is a great idea and will help, however with shields being affected by crit and penetration, this isn't enough.

Pets still doesn't have defensive CPs and they have under 20k resistances, please increases their resistance or make it bound to the player resistance.

The pet work ZoS made is really nice.
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP sorc shields are not getting really nerfed. This is different, but you can now for a little damage trade build tankier shields than on live.

Of course that means the cries to nerf shield stackers won't stop, and the 1 second cast time will be back next PTS.
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here is feedback from:

- Hard mode vAA
    - Hard mode vHRC
    - Hard mode vSO
    - vMOL
    - vHoF

I did not provide feedback about vAS / vCR because we don't do hard mode (sometimes we do "+1"). Non hard mode is still easy enough to be completed by everyone even with nerfed shields on both of them.

Done with a "vMOL quasi-on farm" grade guild.

I didn't have the opportunity to do all of them to full, but the following can be still useful to know for the devs:

Hard mode vAA
    Last boss:
    • Now it's not so obvious to send sorcs to explode mines.
    • Exploding atronachs + 1 mage add can easily kill a magsorc now. We are often at the borders of the area, where healers don't easily reach all of us. If you also happen to get a meteor you shall die, even if you block.
    • Last "sun phase" (end of fight): even spamming shields, magsorcs die more than the other classes. Every class has to aid healers with their own survival kit. Magsorcs just don't have it strong enough any more.

Hard mode vHRC
    Last boss:
    It's now very hard for a magsorc to survive the "starfalls". They can still do it, if it's on farm status (for us it is) and positioning is near perfect. But guilds still learning to do hard mode will just drop magsorcs. They are now a burden, especially when constantly ressing them is not so easy.

Hard mode vSO
    No big issue on the whole trial.

vMOL
    First boss:
    Second shield phase is going to be brutal on all magicka users. We have vMOL on farm but we still went from an average of 1 casualty to basically several shield users dead.
    Double whammy: in this fight, the shield phases require all out DPS to avoid wiping, so telling players to "go heavy / resists armor" and / or "just slow an healing weapon" is not going to work.
    Last boss:
    there are multiple mechanics that are going to make shields users life harder.

vHoF
    First boss:
    Now you really have to stay on your toes, it's so easy to die. Now shield users are basically dying as often as melee stamina classes. While this sounds fair, same risk does not correspond to same reward: stamina classes deal more damage.

Second boss:
    In PTS week 1, magsorcs were just banned from running upper room ("the button" that controls explosion).
    Now magsorc are now the weakest to use in there, but it can be done.

We stopped there, so I can't talk about the next bosses. I don't really want to see the last boss with these "shields" we have been left with anyway.
    Edited by Vahrokh on October 3, 2018 12:08AM
    Options
  • taco_suave
    taco_suave
    ✭✭
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments that were off topic and nonconstructive. This is a reminder to please stay on topic and keep comments civil. Thank you.

It would be nice if the sorc class changes were civil and not down-right insulting.
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    taco_suave wrote: »
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »

It would be nice if the sorc class changes were civil and not down-right insulting.

insulting and abusive.

'let's just see how much more they'll take...'

294f.gif
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You either dont have a clue or troll.
    Damage that is reflected is reduced by mitigation of a player reflecting it and then by your own resists.
    If you are naked, joke is on you.

Also, crushing shock cannot be reflected. Daedric curse cannot be reflected. Mages wrath cannot be reflected. Heavy resto/lightning cwnnot be reflected. Etc.
    Options
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But reach and frags can. And you can permablock\heal the rest. Makes it really hard (if possible) to kill exped mag dk on sorcs 1 vs 1.
    Edited by Witar on October 3, 2018 5:34AM
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Witar wrote: »
    But reach and frags can. And you can permablock\heal the rest. Makes it really hard (if possible) to kill exped mag dk on sorcs 1 vs 1.

Well if exp sorc mDK cant even get close to damage you.
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Witar wrote: »

Well if exp sorc mDK cant even get close to damage you.

Don't have to damage you. They'll just root you out of stam.
    Options
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Have you guys tried using Frags since the change? If it's anything like Grim Focus you're going to hate it.

Yeah it's pretty much terrible, and while I guess technically you fire off skills at the same rate because of global cooldown, it feels horrible and clunky. I don't pvp but the fact that the projectile takes so long to get there too is like why bother? It's not like these were difficult to dodge abilities, so I'm not sure why this was implemented.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Somewhere wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »

Yeah it's pretty much terrible, and while I guess technically you fire off skills at the same rate because of global cooldown, it feels horrible and clunky. I don't pvp but the fact that the projectile takes so long to get there too is like why bother? It's not like these were difficult to dodge abilities, so I'm not sure why this was implemented.

Allegedly because dodge was changed (read: nerfed) this patch. They’ve changed so much in one update it’s hard to even tell what PVP and balance will be like when this drops.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »

You either dont have a clue or troll.
    Damage that is reflected is reduced by mitigation of a player reflecting it and then by your own resists.
    If you are naked, joke is on you.

Also, crushing shock cannot be reflected. Daedric curse cannot be reflected. Mages wrath cannot be reflected. Heavy resto/lightning cwnnot be reflected. Etc.

No the joke is on gamemechanics - shields didn´t have resis so far.

Do you die to crushing shock and daedric curse? Because i certainly don´t.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know we've been monitoring the feedback on this thread and elsewhere on the forums. Clearly there's a lot of concern around the impact of adding a cast time to Conjured Ward and Annulment.

First I'd like to talk about our motivation with the change. We believe choices between damage output and survivability make combat more interesting. There are a number of areas within our system that could better adhere to this philosophy, but these self-cast damage shield abilities stood out as being particularly out of line. It was too easy to throw a bunch of effective health on yourself while making a minimal sacrifice in terms of DPS itemization and rotation. This applied to both PvE and PvP scenarios.

The addition of a cast time makes that choice between damage output and survivability more deliberate and strategic. However, as many of you have pointed out, there are several potential issues with this solution. We identified many of these risks prior to PTS, and we're actively monitoring feedback from the community, Class Reps, and PTS testers.

If we decide to make significant changes to the abilities, those changes would not appear until at least PTS 3. However, we agree Conjured Ward and Annulment are too easy to interrupt in PvP, so we'll be making both spells immune to interrupts for PTS 2. We'll also be meeting with the Class Reps next week to discuss the changes.

In the meantime, we encourage you to continue experimenting, evaluating, and providing feedback.

Terrible choice and not well thought out at all.
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
    Options
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4.2.2 MagSorc Overload feedback

After you have solved the most pressing concern for Magsorc healers and Petsorcs by changing the daedric minions to work like the NB´s shade (summoned for a duration of x), you could make Light Overload attack desirable without changing its damage:

Instead of changing the damage of OL light attacks, change its damage modell: Make them a beam zipping from the hands of the caster to the enemy, like Crushing Shock, just with a cool, flashy lightning animation.

Another beam attack would greatly increase the usefulness of the Sorc´s skill set in 1vs1 situations.
    Edited by Thraben on October 3, 2018 11:15AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
    Options
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    4.2.2 MagSorc Overload feedback

After you have solved the most pressing concern for Magsorc healers and Petsorcs by changing the daedric minions to work like the NB´s shade (summoned for a duration of x), you could make Light Overload attack desirable without changing its damage:

Instead of changing the damage of OL light attacks, change its damage modell: Make them a beam zipping from the hands of the caster to the enemy, like Crushing Shock, just with a cool, flashy lightning animation.

Another beam attack would greatly increase the usefulness of the Sorc´s skill set in 1vs1 situations.

so you want another soul assault ultimate, that cannot be reflected?
    LOL
    Options