Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer

• SaKGEE
    SaKGEE
    ✭✭✭✭
    xTr84tO.png
    with healing ward, dampen magic and hardened ward in pvp.
    Tamriel Hero and Explorer on 14 characters
    Max CP Hunter - Gatherer and Loremaster at my lost hours from PC EU
    #SayNoToPVP
    #SayNoToBullying
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets: The 0 damage change is good for boss fights that they die alot which makes them better. Some other changes that would make them less of an Eww another pet sorc would be removing the stun from the pulse (annoying for tanks to chain and manage ads), Chain lightning from AA HM (spreads chain lightning like the plague) , storms from asylum (just overall an issue)

I absolutely agree. In PvE at least, the stun just seems to be more of an irritant than actually something where I'm like "Yay! A stun!" It just serves to mess up tank pulls or strats like pulling Yokeda Kai and his copies into that hallway (I can't pulse my pet at all during that fight, because I have no idea what's going to be happening when he goes "Aaaaand stunned.") Maybe it's better in PvP land, but it just seems unpredictable and not really reliable.

I didn't really notice the scamp spreading chain lightning, but the Storm Atro totally still does. Also, I really wish they'd do something about him turning completely solid (can't DPS through him) as he despawns.

One thing I noticed, and maybe @ZOS_RobGarrett can answer, is that it specifies "Group Arenas." Does that mean that, in vMA (which is a solo arena), they still get bopped by the damages?
    Edited by BrightOblivion on October 1, 2018 6:52PM
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad to see see StamSorc identity still underwhelming..
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I right to see Harness magicka being much higher shield (12k), while Hardened hitting only 5k on my toon in PVP? :O
    Edited by maboleth on October 1, 2018 6:57PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaKGEE wrote: »
    xTr84tO.png
    with healing ward, dampen magic and hardened ward in pvp.

i get an 12k harness in pvp - the shield changes so far don´t work at all so no real point in commenting on those.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• NyxWrench
    NyxWrench
    ✭✭✭
    SaKGEE wrote: »
    cIMgqve.png
    new hardened ward in pvp, why would you add battle spirit to already dead shield?

They said that was a known issue. Battle Spirit is supposed to apply before the HP cap, not after. It'll be fixed next patch. (Edit: confusing my descriptions)

However, can you test whether the +20% on Hardened Ward applies before or after the HP cap? (In PVE, to avoid the Battle Spirits issue.) It looks like it's happening before, which seems like it would make Hardened Ward a pointless morph.

Same thing for Bastion CP star while you're at it, if you can, please.
    Edited by NyxWrench on October 1, 2018 7:16PM
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically you just need a light attack to break my shield i paid 3k magicka for? Lol what skill
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys :) I'm here from the dk party.. eh I mean thread. Just jumped in to say hi :) It's pretty dead at the DK party. Too many sober players who don't yell loud enough and still a bit shy. So whatever you guys got in your drink, we want that. TY for the warm welcome.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 22,5k health in PVP I get 12,4k harness magicka and 5730 hardened ward.

Edited by maboleth on October 1, 2018 7:09PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »

yeah it's a bug, they said that in the patch note.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    maboleth wrote: »

yeah it's a bug, they said that in the patch note.

5730? Thats a F'N joke for PVP. Seriously.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ The shields are on the low-end though... I usually have 20k health and hardened ward with Witchmother's brew is 5,2k.

I still like this change much more than 1sec castime (hell no!), but it's a bit too low to be worth in PVP and intense fights.

It begs for stacking... but... didn't we - zos - try to avoid stacking? Shield stacking looks like OCD syndrome but most importantly, it's not fun.
    Edited by maboleth on October 1, 2018 7:22PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about rebate now? It does nothing for stam sorcs, non-pet magsorcs and pve pet sorcs now. Can we finally change it to something useful that every sorc profits from?
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s plain stupid

What’s the point of releasing bugged shields for another PTS cycle? How they expect to get constructive feedback on new changes, if we can’t test them properly?
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is from a topic regarding the new 40% change implemented today:
    SammyFable wrote: »
    Hardened Ward is now completely useless, because a mag sorc will generally have enough Magicka to get Empowered Ward to the 40% Max Health Cap. So Hardened Ward will no longer grant the morph bonus of a stronger shield, it will just be a Morph that gives nothing. Obiously that applies for characters, that have enough Magicka to get Empowered Ward to hit the cap.
    Wards.png
    This screenshot shows, that this happens to a Mag Sorc in PvE Gear.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please pass that issue along and get some changes to Hardened Ward (and probably Dampen Magic as well, but that's hard to test with the current bug on Harness Magic) to keep it a worthwile morph choice. Maybe increase the potency of the resistances that apply to them, or give them another passive buff.
    Edited by Galarthor on October 1, 2018 7:28PM
  • Pipin77
    Pipin77
    ✭✭
    I do not understand why they make so many nerfs, when you can up the others? If you do not like shields - give other classes more sets to break through the shields. In the end, there are shields for everyone, just a sorcerer has 1 more. Payne, I do not feel logic!Seriously, it's already tiring to read the patch notes of PTS. I Just stop understanding what the developer is trying to achieve.
    Dear developer! If you want me to play a glass cannon, be so kind as to give me the damage of a glass cannon! differently WHAT IN ALL THIS SENSE ?! Sorcerer is not the best damage dealer even among mana classes, so why should he be thinner than a stamina with such and such shields ?! Well, okay, there will be even 16-18k on the total (without error). Is it in your 1-2 beats with the new vulnerabilities of the shields?

In general, okay, I reached nirvana. Just I'll delete the TESO, I'll give my account to my little brother and I'll go wait for TES6. I'm not going to change to the night blade or anyone else. In the next patch, they will also be cut and reassembled. Good luck to all.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So whats the point of Hardened over Empowering Ward now?
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is just plain stupid now. PVP is a joke. Not getting my coin anymore ZOS.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand some of the changes...

One about hardened ward scaling.. are they saying that the increased size applies to both you and pets now?

Giving pets your impen is interesting. If the hardened change above applies, I wonder if it would be possible to have a lower mag higher spell damage setup? But then, I'm not sure if pets scale from spell damage (I think I remember a patch - not sure). Will they be tough enough to survive from their heals alone?

Frags... Isn't this just removing a bit of the risk/reward of getting in their face with a ranged class? Something I did a lot in the miats days..not sure I like it, but I guess we'll have to see how it plays out with the dodge changes.
    Extra damage is welcome, but a percent-based boost isn't much when the base damage is so low, as it will have to be with all PvP builds.

Boundless? Really? You make this a must-have with the shield changes, then give it the biggest duration nerf out of all class mobility skills, with no cost reduction to compensate??
    I have no words (ironically after just writing a wall of text)
    Edited by Biro123 on October 1, 2018 7:48PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • NyxWrench
    NyxWrench
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote:
    One about hardened ward scaling.. are they saying that the increased size applies to both you and pets now?
    They were talking about the difference between Hardened Ward I, Hardened Ward II, Hardened Ward III, and Hardened Ward IV. On live, the percentage boost over baseline increases from 20% to 23% as you rank it up, but they're removing that. Presumably it will be a flat +20% regardless of the rank.

It still improves the base shield strength as you rank up, though, but I'm not sure of the exact numbers. Perhaps it starts at 32% of magicka, and maxes at 35% magicka? Well, one of the devs said the calculation factor was 0.35, but since the rank-up is 3.3% higher than it should be (bug), it sounds like it caps at 0.31 instead of 0.30, which is completely different from the 0.35 factor. Was the 0.35 after the 20% boost? Such details are difficult to test.
    Boundless? Really? You make this a must-have with the shield changes, then give it the biggest duration nerf out of all class mobility skills, with no cost reduction to compensate??
    Warden actually had a larger nerf, with Falcon's Swiftness going from 10 seconds to 4.
    Edited by NyxWrench on October 1, 2018 8:04PM
  • Camb0Sl1ce
    Camb0Sl1ce
    ✭✭✭
    Well now with rebate being useless for all sorc specs, stam, no pet, and pet. Maybe no pet sorc can get some sustain love and would help stam sorc as well, something like with a daedric summoning ability slotted increase your mag recovery and stam recovery by x amount.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts on new FRAGS change/

On live server frags proc feel like it's slamming the enemy. Especially when close.

on PTS, frags are now dampened and slow. Like it's flying on the oiled air. Not sure I like the change. Feels like ZOS is trying to slow down the combat.

Edited by maboleth on October 1, 2018 8:12PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets: The 0 damage change is good for boss fights that they die alot which makes them better. Some other changes that would make them less of an Eww another pet sorc would be removing the stun from the pulse (annoying for tanks to chain and manage ads), Chain lightning from AA HM (spreads chain lightning like the plague) , storms from asylum (just overall an issue)

I absolutely agree. In PvE at least, the stun just seems to be more of an irritant than actually something where I'm like "Yay! A stun!" It just serves to mess up tank pulls or strats like pulling Yokeda Kai and his copies into that hallway (I can't pulse my pet at all during that fight, because I have no idea what's going to be happening when he goes "Aaaaand stunned.") Maybe it's better in PvP land, but it just seems unpredictable and not really reliable.

I didn't really notice the scamp spreading chain lightning, but the Storm Atro totally still does. Also, I really wish they'd do something about him turning completely solid (can't DPS through him) as he despawns.

One thing I noticed, and maybe @ZOS_RobGarrett can answer, is that it specifies "Group Arenas." Does that mean that, in vMA (which is a solo arena), they still get bopped by the damages?

I would assume that's exactly what it means. Pet sorcs are already one of the easiest classes to go through vMA with (I'm a half-burro pet sorc main), and not needing to worry about your pets taking any damage in vMA would make it even easier.

Although this does make soloing group dungeons even more appealing as a pet sorc.

Edited by Feric51 on October 1, 2018 8:09PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NyxWrench wrote: »
    Warden actually had a larger nerf, with Falcon's Swiftness going from 10 seconds to 4.

But wardens also have better ways to heal, something that sorcs lack good options for. On one hand Zeni says we shouldn't rely on wards only but then they continue to nerf what else we could use to survive.

They designed the class in a way that screams mobility, yet they do everything they can to not allow us to be faster than others. Boundless nerfed, hurricane equalised by a single jewelry trait, streak got fatigue costs and is too easily countered by gap closers or simply sprint (if streak works at all. I don't even care to use it anymore when a pebble lies around). Plus we neither have snares nor snare removal on our own skill trees.

Seems like they don't want us to use shields (gutted), heals (don't have good heals) or mobility (equalised and nerfed). So what shall we do?
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on October 1, 2018 8:10PM
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But wardens also have better ways to heal, something that sorcs lack good options for. On one hand Zeni says we shouldn't rely on wards only but then they continue to nerf what else we could use to survive.

They designed the class in a way that screams mobility, yet they do everything they can to not allow us to be faster than others. Boundless nerfed, hurricane equalised by a single jewelry trait, streak got fatigue costs and is too easily countered by gap closers or simply sprint (if streak works at all. I don't even care to use it anymore when a pebble lies around).

Seems like they don't want us to use shields (gutted), heals (don't have good heals) or mobility (equalised and nerfed). So what shall we do?

die
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camb0Sl1ce wrote: »
    Well now with rebate being useless for all sorc specs, stam, no pet, and pet. Maybe no pet sorc can get some sustain love and would help stam sorc as well, something like with a daedric summoning ability slotted increase your mag recovery and stam recovery by x amount.

On behalf of all pet sorcs, we hereby relinquish the useless sustain buffs you gave us (except for the clanfear one becuase that's actually nice for tanks) and surrender them to the benefit of our pet-less brothers in arms.

Literally we can already parse 25 million health dummys with no sustain issues...with blue food. that passive was also useless to us as pets hardly die on live unless a bug occurs or you neglect your shield too much. Now that they don't die...just get rid of that passive.

Edit: In exchange, we would like our pet-less brethren to stop calling us skill-less for using pets. especially now that they can't aggro anymore. That's just mean...waa
    Edited by codestripper on October 1, 2018 8:14PM
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »

They designed the class in a way that screams mobility, yet they do everything they can to not allow us to be faster than others. Boundless nerfed, hurricane equalised by a single jewelry trait, streak got fatigue costs and is too easily countered by gap closers or simply sprint (if streak works at all. I don't even care to use it anymore when a pebble lies around).

die

fttrc9912tmn.png
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about rebate now? It does nothing for stam sorcs, non-pet magsorcs and pve pet sorcs now. Can we finally change it to something useful that every sorc profits from?

Pets won't take damage only in the group content Rob listed. They will still be able to die in overland PvE, PvP, vMA, etc. It still exists, although I must admit my pets usually only die when I unsummon them upon entering a town/bank/trader, etc. So i'm not really getting much use of the passive as it is.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »
    It’s plain stupid

What’s the point of releasing bugged shields for another PTS cycle? How they expect to get constructive feedback on new changes, if we can’t test them properly?

That’s the point. They dont want to have feedback for potential changes.
    Locked in now lmao

Remove streak fatigue and ill use that as my mitigation
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

Pets won't take damage only in the group content Rob listed. They will still be able to die in overland PvE, PvP, vMA, etc. It still exists, although I must admit my pets usually only die when I unsummon them upon entering a town/bank/trader, etc. So i'm not really getting much use of the passive as it is.

Okay, missed the vma part. But I still think petsorcs can bear the loss of rebate in overland content. This passive is just to niché now.