Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    So no help for shields from ironclad, thickskin, hardy, or elemental defender for shields? just spell/phys/crit. the first four only help when shields are down is that correct?

Incorrect. EVERYTHING except blocking and extra blocking mitigation is applied Before the shield takes damage.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @paulsimonps Thank you!!! Good to know. It is still generally thought better to put CP into those 4 things before phys/spell damage right? The payoff is better, is there a point where phys/spell damage start to have more impact than the other 4 CP's?
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    @paulsimonps Thank you!!! Good to know. It is still generally thought better to put CP into those 4 things before phys/spell damage right? The payoff is better, is there a point where phys/spell damage start to have more impact than the other 4 CP's?

Yes, after a while it's more worth it to put points into resistance but it's not much. Though obviously for sorcs, like this thread is about, it's more worth it than before. The indirect Nerf to bastion leaves you with more cp to spare, especially if you are at the 40/50% cap for damage shields. Though obviously for other classes/roles bastion got buffed as it's more worth it for them now.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So terroristic threats and moaning actually worked. Good job!!

Shields are now more powerful in pvp than they were...

It's truly unbelievable that ZOS fell for it.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh the humanity, a defensive mechanism that gets stronger when you build for defense.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    Oh the humanity, a defensive mechanism that gets stronger when you build for defense.

The doomsaying of the anti-nerf brigade led to that. So, if you cry enough.. you will be heard and they will reverse changes and actually make something broken even better instead of adjusted according to reality.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The doomsaying of the anti-nerf brigade led to that. So, if you cry enough.. you will be heard and they will reverse changes and actually make something broken even better instead of adjusted according to reality.

Actually, nobody doomsayed or anti-nerfed a lot about PvP. People like me got banned over the PvE nerf.

Actually - again - I think the PvP change is negative. It pushes towards more shield stacking, not less. I don't PvP at all, and one reason for not PvPing is because I so hated to keep spamming 2-3 shields forever. I wish they made it impossible to stack at all.
    Edited by Vahrokh on October 29, 2018 12:07AM
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

Actually, nobody doomsayed or anti-nerfed a lot about PvP. People like me got banned over the PvE nerf.

Actually - again - I think the PvP change is negative. It pushes towards more shield stacking, not less. I don't PvP at all, and one reason for not PvPing is because I so hated to keep spamming 2-3 shields forever. I wish they made it impossible to stack at all.

You got banned? For what if I may ask? Seriously! What the heck?
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah i am getting kicked out as well from every group becasue of this nerf. And i am not a noob player at all. I know every mechanics, but still now that this patch is live most of the sorcerers are treated like ***, literally. Wich is never happend before. at least on PC EU i cant comment on the situations about sorcerers on N/A.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValar85 wrote: »

Yeah i am getting kicked out as well from every group becasue of this nerf. And i am not a noob player at all. I know every mechanics, but still now that this patch is live most of the sorcerers are treated like ***, literally. Wich is never happend before. at least on PC EU i cant comment on the situations about sorcerers on N/A.

This is so disheartening to hear... and to think ZOS' supposed reasoning was to bring sorcs on par with other classes...
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and-so-it-begins.jpg

Edited by ForsakenSin on October 29, 2018 12:37AM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and-so-it-begins.jpg

It is already going on Sir :s

And you know what makes it sad even more? that i am not alone. The Zone chats are full of sorcerers and they are sad, angry, dissapointed, and some of them are realy mad. Literally.
    Edited by TheValar85 on October 29, 2018 12:50AM
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A one second cast time would have rendered nearly all light armor builds absolutely unplayable in PvP.

Shields taking critical damage and not preventing status effect procs is a pure nerf for PvP. Players can compensate by building for armor resistances. To overcompensate, such that it's an effective shield strength buff, you need to make serious sacrifices and find a narrow sweet spot, since lower max magica and / or lower recovery weakens your defense.

The main difference between now and before, IMO, is that magsorcs building for defense will not immediately explode once the shield drops.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because when they released the first nerf (cast time) I did not exactly... stay quiet about it.

End result: I was right, in fact they undid that nerf.
  • Aldul
    Aldul
    ✭✭✭
    How are shields stronger than before when they are critted away in an instant (or we loose lots of sustain and dmg by going with impen and protective?) an equally big nerf imo still is the loss of an overload bar tbh.
    - - PVP -only, sorc-only - AD Veteran - -
    - CULTURES Social Guild (EU) -
  • Aldul
    Aldul
    ✭✭✭
    @rfennell_ESO
    Shields have never been broken. Never, ever since the soft-cap thing loooong ago. Why is comprehension here so hard to achieve for some? Thanks, @ZOS_GinaBruno and all you others for making serious, legit concerns of the community heard.
    Aldul wrote: »
    How are shields stronger than before when they are critted away in an instant (or we loose lots of sustain and dmg by going with impen and protective?) an equally big nerf imo still is the loss of an overload bar tbh.

All CP implications left aside, shields really didn't become stronger. Another reason is simple gameplay: How is something "even stronger" when I have to use valuable time to cast it (2-3, even 4 different skills, every rotation and in between almost everything I do in and outside fights - 'cause who wants to be ganked by stambuilds?), while it is only helpful when bolstered up by resistances or otherwise is molten away like an Ice-Atronarch in Alikir' Sun? (with all the downsides mentioned numerously in the "anti-nerf"-qq) So, I press buttons that keep me from doing damage or CC, just to be nuked a little later? C'mon, guys. How is that not a big nerf? Cry about Sorcs NOT being nerfed away from PVP when you obviously don't have much experience in non-zerg-Sorcerer-PVP.
    The main difference between now and before, IMO, is that magsorcs building for defense will not immediately explode once the shield drops.

@Bergzorn
    I couldn't agree more !!!

Simple as that: A really good sorc stays a really good sorc (talking PVP and PVE, here), while an average dude like me struggles a little harder since Murkmire Patch. No reason to quit the game. Decent players usually didn't struggle to kill a shieldstacker if it wasn't Fasold or some other considerable aces. A cast time would have been a reason for me to rage until perma-ban though. Yes, I can be juvenile like that.
    btw: @Derra Did we talk about full well-fitted? lol
    Edited by Aldul on November 8, 2018 9:40AM
    - - PVP -only, sorc-only - AD Veteran - -
    - CULTURES Social Guild (EU) -