Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Sorcerer. Please read through all the changes in the patch notes and try them out on the PTS before providing feedback in this thread. Thank you!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a first glance. The Rune Prison change seems it will bring this ability back to being shelved, I haven't tested yet but that's what I think. It will work fine on NPCs but players will just dodge the stun.

Like someone else said too in another thread, shields will feel clunky now with the 1 second cast-time. I like that you increased the duration to counter that though.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much nerfs and no buffs to compensate. Dark deal was completely gutted and a lot of things that make sorcerers unique are being punished for being in their kit. Stamina sorcs mobility is given to other classes (swift), our sustain is gutted with the dark deal nerf and looks like warden sustain is being buffed. We lack a reliable stamina spammable in this speed meta and dizzying swing is just a pain to use in it and it just looks like a overall anti sorcerer patch.
    Edited by Aliyavana on September 21, 2018 12:55AM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im going to TRY to be as non toxic as possible with this.....

Conjured Ward:
    This ability and its morphs now have a 1-second cast time, previously an instant cast.
    Increased the duration of the damage shield for Conjured Ward and the Hardened Ward morph to 9 seconds from 6 seconds.
    Empowered Ward (morph): Increased the duration of the damage shield to 14 seconds from 9 seconds.

The increase to 9 seconds is useless shields dont stay up that long in pvp
    Likewise the increase to 14 seconds is useless, see above

The cast time is the part i am most "upset" over
    - Means you cant case shields back to back
    - You cant cast them when your in trouble and have them take effect, compounding the fact that you already could not cast them in the same time frame you were on the attack because of the gcd
    - A one second cast time is the same as a hard cast

-You can now deal a Critical Strike against an enemy with a damage shield.
    -Your Spell and Physical Resistance now reduces incoming damage before it is applied to your damage shield.
    This change makes damage shields function more consistently with the rest of the game’s mechanics. It means that damage shields are more powerful in PvE content since monsters generally don’t reduce armor. Heavy Armor players in particular will receive much more effective damage shields now. This is intended to make damage shields a more potent tools for tanks. We will be monitoring this change closely throughout the PTS cycle and will make adjustments as necessary.
    -Poisons and Weapon Enchantments can now proc even if the damage done by the Light Attack, Heavy Attack, or Weapon Ability is fully absorbed by a damage shield.

My shield is 14k out of pvp, thats 7k in pvp, THATS 1 CRIT 1 and there is not a cast time in addition to the gcd were I cant cast a shield

I thought zos was trying to make tanks more kill able in pvp, by adding the resist to shields you have compounded that. Even tho god knows the light armor will need it now

Poisons and enchants procing im fine with, excluding entrap which compounds the easiest counter play against sorc, stuns

THIS PATCH HAS KILLED MAGSORC

There 0 reason to be a magsorc this update, Respectfully as possible I dont need to try this on pts, I have common sense, I know my class

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_Wrobel
    Edited by ezio45 on September 17, 2018 5:08PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

Conjured Ward:
    This ability and its morphs now have a 1-second cast time, previously an instant cast.
    Increased the duration of the damage shield for Conjured Ward and the Hardened Ward morph to 9 seconds from 6 seconds.
    Empowered Ward (morph): Increased the duration of the damage shield to 14 seconds from 9 seconds.

- You cant cast them when your in trouble and have them take effect, compounding the fact that you already could not cast them in the same time frame you were on the attack because of the gcd

-Your Spell and Physical Resistance now reduces incoming damage before it is applied to your damage shield.
    This change makes damage shields function more consistently with the rest of the game’s mechanics. It means that damage shields are more powerful in PvE content since monsters generally don’t reduce armor. Heavy Armor players in particular will receive much more effective damage shields now. This is intended to make damage shields a more potent tools for tanks. We will be monitoring this change closely throughout the PTS cycle and will make adjustments as necessary.
    -Poisons and Weapon Enchantments can now proc even if the damage done by the Light Attack, Heavy Attack, or Weapon Ability is fully absorbed by a damage shield.

My shield is 14k out of pvp, thats 7k in pvp, THATS 1 CRIT 1 and there is not a cast time in addition to the gcd were I cant cast a shield

I thought zos was trying to make tanks more kill able in pvp, by adding the resist to shields you have compounded that. Even tho god knows the light armor will need it now

Poisons and enchants procing im fine with, excluding entrap which compounds the easiest counter play against sorc, stuns

There 0 reason to be a magsorc this update, Respectfully as possible I dont need to try this on pts, I have common sense, I know my class

Everything here is well said. These changes are woeful. Im so confused as to why this is happening
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS. You made it much easier to play anything else instead of Sorc next patch.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/435669/rip-my-beloved-sorc
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cast time on shields... So four global cooldowns to apply the necessary two shields that will melt under crits, without critting themselves for higher capacity.
    *sigh*

Sorcs already struggle with pressure, that's why they're so weak in 1v1. This will absolutely destroy the class.
    Heavy armor still is a no-go without sustain, penetration and sets.

You've done it. I quit. There's no redeeming point here, SORC. IS. D.E.A.D.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great changes tbh. The shield stacking has gotten out of control.....
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Overload:
    This ability and its morphs no longer grant a third ability bar when toggled on.
    Weapon abilities can now be used while in Overload mode, and are no longer hidden.
    You can no longer generate any Ultimate while this ability is toggled on.
    You can now toggle this on when you have 25 Ultimate or more, previously 75 Ultimate.
    Light and Heavy Attacks are now off the global cooldown and can be woven with other abilities.
    Decreased the damage of the Light Attack by approximately 50%.
    Increased the damage of the Heavy Attack by approximately 60%.
    Power Overload (morph): This morph now specifies the bonus range and radius for the Light and Heavy Attacks.

also ^ single handedly destroys overload gank build
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ?????????????

I don't need to test that on PTS to tell you that a cast time on shields will be super unfun to play. I don't want to go into balance much yet but giving shields a cast time and making them critable to give them more counterplay? Isn't shieldbreaker and Shattering Blows enough counterplay already?
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit disappointed that the 3rd bar from Overload is being removed. This further pigeon holes StamSorcs class diversity. A StamSorc barley has any class abilities to use as is (lots of passives are useless too), but at least a StamSorc could have a third bar using Overload. Not sure I understand why that was removed. A StamSorc is giving up an Ult slot to gain access to a third bar. Seems balanced to me.

Maybe if there were more tweaks in favor of StamSorc class identity this would be OK, but there isn't any.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

It’s quite ironic seeing a stamNB receiving even more buffs and thinking it’s great other classes get huge nerfs.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This gotta be the worst nerfs Ive seen to a class since 1.6.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

The cast time change puts an end to all competitive PvP magsorc builds, not only the stackers.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whats the point of providing feedback when the next changes will be nonsense anyway. Cast time for hardened ward? No Overload bar? Im speechless
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and all this without so much as making pets and instant cast.... ONE OF THE THINGS THE REPS TOLD YOU WAS RE SUMMONING THESE IS A PROBLEM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know who the sorcerer class rep is? I would love to hear their thoughts on these changes and why they happened.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the cast time on cloak @ZOS_Wrobel
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overload change actually seems pretty interesting and could be super good.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont even care whats in these patch notes, im done. Unsub'ing and quitting.

This is complete bs.... zos has destroyed my class and i just dont care any more, I really dont
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even a streak or blast rework.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I completely forgot about the crit against shields and changes to resistances. I have to test this before I react too harshly but I might have to change who I play now. Good thing I have 15 characters I guess.
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF, zos? 1 second cast time to harness? Crits on shields? Are you f*king kidding? THAT is not balance.
    Also changes to overload will completely destroy overload gankers. You want everyone to play stamina or something?
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you look at the class tool kit of a Stamden or Stamblade, it's like ZoS doesn't even know StamSorc exists.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • arasysb14_ESO
    arasysb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is there a consistent effort to make sorcerers less fun to play?

Fragments and overload were class defining, same goes for streak, and now shields? Glad I don't pvp anymore.
    Other classes have tons of mobility, stuns, heals, and most importantly enjoyable gameplay mechanics. This really isn't the case for magicka sorcerer anymore. Game became heavy attacks online with Morrowind, now it's even worse than that.

Imagine a sorcerer trying to finish VMA for the first time, and doing the last boss on stage 9 spamming hardened ward hoping to survive during 2nd phase. That's what I am talking about; it's not fun. It's "meh" experience at best for that player. Newer players? They won't really enjoy playing sorcerer.

Sorcerer could be fun to play and it's simple as that.

Guess.. I should get my inferno staff while I still can.
    Edited by arasysb14_ESO on September 17, 2018 6:57PM
    Arasys Llanor, CP 800+ Magicka Sorcerer NA

Please do not use the same Fallout 76 engine for TES VI
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

Conjured Ward:

Indeed worst patch for sorc, adding cast time to shield ability has simply kill light armor use in pvp

Congrats, ZOS team for this failure.

Was just thinking how a heavy magplar sounds so much better right now. Spot on. Light armor will die death in any PvP
  • CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shields have a longer duration you say? What good is that if there's a cast time AND your enemy can crit on that shield? That shield will be gone in one second so longer duration is meaningless.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a shield hater but these are way over the top. Conjured Ward should not have a cast time. Nuke harness and healing but leave Conjured alone.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    I'm a shield hater but these are way over the top. Conjured Ward should not have a cast time. Nuke harness and healing but leave Conjured alone.

I could definitely see this the other way around.

That way Wardens don’t have a cast time either
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be a great thread, grabs popcorn
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Devs.

You made shields critable, but shield casts can't crit.

You've added a cast time for shields, making them useless as a viable reactive defense. Now they aren't strong enough in PVP to work pre-cast.

You hired a nightblade streamer as a game designer, and the sorcerer 'rep' is a Nightblade main. Somehow you managed to Nerf sorcerer and buff Nightblade again, and I can't be surprised by this level of idiocy given your input.

You're all effectively fired. I'm taking my money elsewhere. No sub. No crowns. No crowns store purchases. There are other games to spend money on.