The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.3

• ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    oahaha wrote: »
    O almost forgot, please please please do something about race passives, it's just stupid right now, if i want to play a mag sorc I should make a high elf, every other race is just useless (maybe breton is ok).
    Make the race passives less impactfull, Increases Max Magicka by 10% or Increases Stamina Recovery by 21%.or Increases damage done while in Stealth by 10% it's to much.
    I propose something more with a flavor of the race not general buffs.
    For example:
    Khajiit the biggest bonus should be something like this "Increase the movement speed while in Crouch by 3%"
    Wood Elf the biggest bonus should be something like this "Decrease the time it takes to Crouch by 3%."
    Orc the biggest bonus should be something like this "increases Sprint speed by 3%"
    The percentages can be lower or bigger on some cases but make them a flavor buff.
    As for the rest they should be fun passives that wont affect combat or stats to much, something like this:
    Orc first passive Increases your crafting Inspiration for Blacksmithing gained by X%.
    Orc second passive Charge attacks like Critical Rush, Shield Assault have a specific Orc animation.
    Orc third one should be the one from above "Increases Sprint speed by 1/2/3%"
    This will allow ppl to play what race/class the want.
    My main is a orc stam sorc, and I love orcs (ORC MASTER RACE) but some time I would like to play as mag sorc, even tho I have the skills to respec (I have all the skills in the game) and I do sometimes respec as mag, the racial passives are not useful, and I practically lose damage just because i'm not a High Elf with 10% more magicka.

For outright maximum DPS it is the Dark Elf for magicka and the Khajiit for stamina.

For sustain AND damage (very close) would be High elf for magicka and Redguard for stamina

Everything else would be for arguable for pvp or pve, just outright numbers its those classes mentioned.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    Finally, one-shot gankers from stealth are good for the game, full stop. The playstyle is high-skill, counters many invincible builds by catching them off guard, and changes player behavior forcing them to be more cautious in PvP areas. The added tension in PvP areas is perfectly in line with the gravity of the activity performed therein.

I disagree with the part about gankers being good for the game. They are a huge new player detterant. Every player I talk to that dislikes PvP usually cites gankers as part of their reason. They also push people into zerging since standing in the middle of 50 people is the hard counter to gankers.

IMO, gankers are worse than lag. I've learned to deal with them over the years I have played the game, but I still find them to be the least attractive thing about Cyrodiil.

To me it's not the assassination style play, it's the the one-shot and effectively one-shot mechanics that leave no room for counter-play. It doesn't mean people are more cautious, it means people are afraid to play -- and when new players are afraid to leave the safety of their zerg, those are new players that at best won't ever expand their horizons and at worse just won't play at all.

Getting one-shot is not fun for anyone but the ganker.
    Edited by NBrookus on May 10, 2017 1:09PM
  • CTSCold
    CTSCold
    ✭✭✭
    I like the bow
    CTSCold wrote: »
    Still no ranged CC for bow. And no change to passives. Auto fire won't make it competitive. Easier maybe but not competitive.

Bow has a close range cc that creates distance. Giving it a long ranged cc to combo with snipe would be op. No.

Also making its heavy attacks release automatically is a nerf to the weapon line.

Except that close range CC requires you to lose the effect of a key dmg passive to use it. Bow dmg is so low already (with the exception of snipe) that losing even part of 12% from long shots is crazy to even consider. Losing that much dmg potential is not a fair trade off for a cc when other weapon lines lose nothing. Clench hits like a truck and knocks back. DS does the same. Bow requires you to lose dmg to cc.

So if they don't change the CC they need to change long shots so that using you cc doesn't gimp your dmg.

while I agree auto fire is putting the horse before the cart I also think it is necessary.

If you want to hold heavies then it should drain a stat after a couple seconds. No more walking around fully cocked back for a couple minutes 'waiting for the right shot'.
  • Sargentwilko51
    Sargentwilko51
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I like what you guys did here with these sets that buff a specific element... however, you forgot one...

Silks of the sun should receive the same treatment as the sets below should it not?

The following item sets now has a 2-piece bonus of Spell Critical instead of Max Health:
    Light Speaker - buffs resto abilities
    Netch’s Touch - buffs shock abilities
    Spider Cultist - buffs destro abilities
    Ysgramor’s Birthright - buffs frost abilities
    Developer Comments:
    Spoilerhide
    These sets are meant to be damage or healing focused by augmenting a particular element or skill line, so the 2-piece bonus of Max Health was out of place for this theme. We’ve updated them to have more appropriate 2-piece bonuses instead.

Silks of the sun buffs flame damage abilities but was not included in this rebalance
    Edited by Sargentwilko51 on May 10, 2017 2:06PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »
    :| DKs are perfectly balance good job ZoS

Useless, just useless....they just want us to leave this class and roll something else.

But how there are no Class chancge tokens and many players dont want to level a new char because their old ones are nerfed
    Because class change is free now. Delete a character and move along. You have 8 slots as it is and 50 is not hard to reach.

Regarding bow heavy attacks: A toggle would be ideal, but I think it should cost stam to hold a heavy attack, with increasing cost the longer you hold it and perhaps a movement penalty (similar to block). IRL you don't hold at full draw indefinitely.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »
    :| DKs are perfectly balance good job ZoS

Useless, just useless....they just want us to leave this class and roll something else.

But how there are no Class chancge tokens and many players dont want to level a new char because their old ones are nerfed
    Because class change is free now. Delete a character and move along. You have 8 slots as it is and 50 is not hard to reach.

Regarding bow heavy attacks: A toggle would be ideal, but I think it should cost stam to hold a heavy attack, with increasing cost the longer you hold it and perhaps a movement penalty (similar to block). IRL you don't hold at full draw indefinitely.

This is a good idea, I like it.
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Was Corrupting Pollen for Warden fixed? Can't get the forums to work right on my phone right now.

Saw Gilliam post that the skill has no cap on the amount of NPC or players it can effect.

This is gonna be an issue in PvP if they don't change it to a 6 person cap. Being able to inflict defile on 20 people bunched up is pretty OP.
    Edited by grim_tactics on May 10, 2017 3:34PM
  • Shatricor
    Shatricor
    The Devs have time until the 22 May to fix everything. I bet they wont get it
  • VoidBiscuit
    VoidBiscuit
    ✭✭✭

It's okay, since lots of people probably won't play when the new patch is out. I play less ESO and play more Overwatch, HOTS, Hearthstone, GTA V, CSGO, Lego Starwars (hell yeah), Pokémon, Paladins and Saints Row. More gaming with friends and also getting more time for revision :)
    I love ESO but templar changes just upset me and were a massive "*** you" to my face.
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolache wrote: »
    lol I was thinking the same thing... "that damn addon crutch guy makes a good point"

The addon crutch guy recommends to actually try his addon to evaluate for yourself the level of 'crutchness' in it:)

Edited by Dorrino on May 10, 2017 4:41PM
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Animation
    • Removed idle animations for Target Skeletons. They’re not even alive, after all.

You can't even get this right. They still animate.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dorrino wrote: »
    Kolache wrote: »
    lol I was thinking the same thing... "that damn addon crutch guy makes a good point"

The addon crutch guy recommends to actually try his addon to evaluate for yourself the level of 'crutchness' in it:)

So he can get more advertising? I think not! This is exactly how advertising works!

Blue
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So he can get more advertising? I think not! This is exactly how advertising works!

Blue

I find it worth it to help people find out something cool. Word of mouth is rarely correct. 'Abysmal sustain on pts' is just the most recent example of that.

I'm sorry if i offended you somehow, but It feels like you need to try the addon for yourself as well^_^

• jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you weren't convinced that the people responsible for these changes have no idea what happens in this game, look no further than this hilarious change.

"Removed idle animations for Target Skeletons. They’re not even alive, after all."

item-120894-1-5.png

The primary ingredient has a name derived from the very same Latin root as the word "animate." The description of the ingredient implies that they mimic being alive.

A lot of these changes feel as though they were thought up by people who were hired off the street and given a day to familiarize themselves with the concept of ESO before being told to update the game.
    Edited by jrgray93 on May 10, 2017 6:58PM
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭

Of course not. That has never been a part of their business model.
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dorrino wrote: »
    Ixtyr wrote: »
    Thank you, Miat, for articulating this.

I may dislike some of the features of your PvP addons, but I sure as heck appreciate this post.

<3
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    @Dorrino missed the most important cooldown in the game.

Malacath Flame Wand. How can I take his post seriously?

I KNEW somebody will catch me hiding the crucial information that mementos also have cooldowns!

Since my plan was exposed i have to inform you that Flame Ward is not the major contributing factor to the combat effectiveness! Rumors are having Atronach Transformation on you (p2w) increases your Fabulousness level slightly above 9000. Which is roughly 5% dps, but shhh!

qzi31xrk1k6c.jpg
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something tells me that I shall be waiting for this expansion to be on sale ;)
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • Arcturius
    Arcturius
    ✭✭
    Dev to do list
    • Nerf mDK green_tick_small.gif
    • Nerf BSW green_tick_small.gif
    • ????? (Likely nerfing Grothdarr)
    • Profit (Still RIP my mDK)

Meanwhile, deep in the bowels of Zenimax, in the Lair of Dark Sorcerer Lord @Wrobel....
    giphy.gif
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    "Removed idle animations for Target Skeletons. They’re not even alive, after all."

item-120894-1-5.png
    Except that "animations" means "visualized movement" in the first example (bold) and "reanimated/resurrected" in the second one (picture). Not that it brings anything meaningful...

Edited by F7sus4 on May 10, 2017 11:38PM
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    If you weren't convinced that the people responsible for these changes have no idea what happens in this game, look no further than this hilarious change.

item-120894-1-5.png

The primary ingredient has a name derived from the very same Latin root as the word "animate." The description of the ingredient implies that they mimic being alive.

A lot of these changes feel as though they were thought up by people who were hired off the street and given a day to familiarize themselves with the concept of ESO before being told to update the game.
    What if the idle skeletons create lag

Maybe that's why you get a log out timer in your own instance.
    Edited by Nifty2g on May 10, 2017 11:51PM
    #MOREORBS
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ,

1. For some reason the enchantment is not visible on the template armor sets. I replaced enchantments on a full set of armor, heavy, light, medium and 3 different sets but the enchantment does not appear in the tooltip. It works fine with the jewlery and weapons.
    2. Template crafting skill is not leveled to 50 so I can't test some of the crafting.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also would ask for a toggle for the heavy attack on a bow for PVE reasons. When soloing a boss / semi boss that moves around a lot I often use a heavy bow attack or two to regain enough stamina to heal or to cast a needed ability. The problem is that my bow heavy attack actually has to hit the boss / semi boss (and not some mouse that happens to run between me and the boss and gets hit instead (despite using auto-tab). Being able to "hold" a heavy attack before releasing it helps to assure my bow heavy attack will hit the intended target.
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're just kicking Dragonknights at this point... I'd hoped that one of these patch notes would at least tempt me to come back to the game, but if you're just going to keep nerfing my favorite class into the ground repeatedly in the same patch, then I'll continue to keep my distance.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with nerfing BSW so it would no longer be BiS for every class, but this was a terrible implementation effectively nerfing the set for the one class it should belong to: magDK's. MagDK's still need the FULL 600 spell damage buff or the set is reduced to a tiny marginal gain. What needed to change was the proc chance (which only magDK's are equipped to maximize), not the spell damage buff. Restore the spell damage buff to 600 and bring the proc chance down to 12%. That way, an effective magDK (with several fire-based DoTs running) will be rewarded with high uptime, while all other classes (which mostly lack class-based fire DoTs) would be unable to maintain adequate uptime to take advantage of the set. You can increase set diversity for other classes without inflicting this nerf on magDK's.
  • DeathlurkZ
    DeathlurkZ
    ✭✭✭
    Revert the heavy attack bow change. You are removing an important aspect of that weapon class. This change will make the bow suck even more then it currently does. Please do not go live with this change.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Morrowind Experience:

░░░░░░█░░ZOS░░░▄▀▀░▐
    ░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░▐░▄▄▀
    ░░▄▀░░░▐░░░░░█▄▀░▐
    ░░█░░░▐░░░░░░░░▄░█
    ░░░█▄░░▀▄░░░░▄▀▐░█
    ░░░█▐▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░▐░█
    ░░▐█▐▄░░▀░░░░░░▐░█▄▄
    ░░░▀▀░░Players░░░░▐▄▄▄▀

(sorry for copying, but it fits pretty well)

Seriously, who expected that all these changes wouldn't hit live? What is implemented on PTS will always (with minor changes maybe) hit live servers. It doesn't matter how *** up the Wrobler and his friends and their decisions are.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • athalantar
    athalantar
    Soul Shriven
    The Morrowind Experience:

░░░░░░█░░ZOS░░░▄▀▀░▐
    ░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░▐░▄▄▀
    ░░▄▀░░░▐░░░░░█▄▀░▐
    ░░█░░░▐░░░░░░░░▄░█
    ░░░█▄░░▀▄░░░░▄▀▐░█
    ░░░█▐▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░▐░█
    ░░▐█▐▄░░▀░░░░░░▐░█▄▄
    ░░░▀▀░░Players░░░░▐▄▄▄▀

(sorry for copying, but it fits pretty well)

Seriously, who expected that all these changes wouldn't hit live? What is implemented on PTS will always (with minor changes maybe) hit live servers. It doesn't matter how *** up the Wrobler and his friends and their decisions are.

Aggree
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ░░░░░░█░░ZOS░░░▄▀▀░▐
    ░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░▐░▄▄▀
    ░░▄▀░░░▐░░░░░█▄▀░▐
    ░░█░░░▐░░░░░░░░▄░█
    ░░░█▄░░▀▄░░░░▄▀▐░█
    ░░░█▐▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░▐░█
    ░░▐█▐▄░░▀░░░░░░▐░█▄▄
    ░░░▀▀░░Players░░░░▐▄▄▄▀
    Is this the real reason there are no toilets in ESO, because it's the players who are the toilets
    #MOREORBS
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Animation
    • Removed idle animations for Target Skeletons. They’re not even alive, after all.

I just noticed this. I like those animations. :/

Stop removing flavor from the game, ZOS.
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on May 11, 2017 10:29PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Animation

I just noticed this. I like those animations. :/

Stop removing flavor from the game, ZOS.
    They seem to be dead set on removing anything and everything that even remotely resembles something "fun" in this game...

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!