The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.3

• itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dorrino
    The PvP population is a shadow of what it was 2 years ago. I started playing on PS4 about a week after release though I didn't get into PvP until Imperial City was added, but once I got into it that's pretty much all I did in game. Back then the campaigns didn't have different objectives (only keeps, only scrolls) but different lengths to separate them. And there was a completely full 30 day, a 2/3 full 30 day, a completely full 2 week, and a completely full one week campaign. So 3 campaigns were basically full all the time and the 4th had about as many players on average as the most populated campaign now does. But the Devs couldn't leave well enough alone and instead of fixing performance issues they kept screwing with skill mechanics and then about the same time they changed to the current campaign structure of differing objectives much of the OG PvP community got fed up and left. When they deleted the old campaigns and put the new ones in place I never saw anything but the main campaign (Azura's on PS4) full again. These Devs are the masters of making changes that ruin the best parts of the game when they "improve" them.
    For example: The Arena in IC used to be an all day every day 3 way slugfest where you could get killed and be back in action in seconds, obviously PvPers loved it. So much that people asked for there to be a reason for those types of fights to rage in the other districts too. So the Devs added district flags and it could have been great. Nothing wrong with wanting big fights in every district. But because they always go a bit to far with their changes they F***ed up the whole dynamic of what made the Arena area great by also changing the spawning rules in the districts as part of the new status quo for IC. Once they decided to allow only the faction that owns the flag to respawn in that district it killed the ability to have the type of constant battle that drew people to the Arena; since you now sometimes had to run through three districts or respawn in the sewer base and then go through a loading screen to get back into the fight. To put the nail in the coffin they didn't even make the district flags count towards the campaign score, if each district had given points equal to a holding a keep or resource in Cyrodiil they'd have been important to capture and hold and it might have worked. But instead they decided holding the flags would give a TV stone multiplier to farmers. So now all of IC is deserted for the most part with an occasional skirmish here or there between the very few people farming Tel Var stones.
    Edited by itscompton on May 10, 2017 6:56PM
    Options
  • Mitoice
    Mitoice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When people are gonna learn that Wroebel plays a Mag Sorc... that means theres no way... theyre gonna nerf sorc damage....
    You have two options:
    1. Roll yourself a mag sorc
    2. Ignore it and keep playing

Its been years since weve been saying about sorc high dmg output vs other chars.... have they listen? no...

I just dont wanna waste anymore of my time...

Unless wroebel starts playing another class... sorcs are gonna be TOP dps in this game.... Live with it and stop complaining.
    Options
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dorrino the same deveopement team is responsible for the state of game at launch. And where do you take that "huge zone from, is there some new dlc planned i never head of? Because Morrowind, while packed with sentiment is not huge zone.
    Options
  • Kalebron
    Kalebron
    ✭✭✭
    9rq56k26swk9.png
    General
      Dark Anchors
      • Standing still while in combat with a Dark Anchor now causes an an extraplanar charge to gradually accumulate at your location. A charge that has built to critical levels explodes, damaging those who contributed to its growth and significantly reducing their health recovery.

Hurray!! Getting rid of rubber bandits.
      Options
    • RaddlemanNumber7
      RaddlemanNumber7
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      bupcfzsj33vp.jpg

2qtiwikftr6r.png
      Animation
      • Removed idle animations for Target Skeletons. They’re not even alive, after all.

My target skeleton on PTS still has his idle animations running, same as before the patch :)
      PC EU
      Options
    • helios777
      helios777
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'm pretty sure a rock could do a better job than these "Devs"
      Grand Warlord HAXERUS. One of the last OG Mag DKs.
      Mag DK through Thick and Thin.
      Retired from Cyrodiil until they finally decide to fix the performance, which is probably never.
      Options
    • Dorrino
      Dorrino
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kilandros wrote: »
      That's not really fair to @Dorrino. All he did was make an Addon with API permitted by ZOS. And it's not like he kept it secret so that just he and his friends had the advantage. He made it public knowing there would be blowback and made a point to say that ZOS should change the API if they didn't want that information being available.

<3
      alexkdd99 wrote: »
      You've never seen people complain when devs nerf players toons? You must not of been playing very many mmo's. And that is what people are complaining about, or are you not reading what they are complaining about?

Ok, now we're talking:) So the major source of the complains is just 'DON'T NERF ME BRO'?
      All these nerfs to players toons should not happen all at once.

Agreed. This was covered in my OP.
      Saying people are complaining about devs making content harder when what they are really complaining about is player nerfs doesn't make your claim true.

If the nerfs didn't make the content harder than what is the problem with nerfs?:)
      The devs did not buff the content as you are claiming, they nerfed the players.

See, the point is that buffing content, besides obviously contributing to the power creep dev try to solve, is just another way to nerf the players. Since players effectiveness requires a reference point to be estimated from. If i nerf players by 10% or i buff the content by 11.1% the effective result will be the same. But i can't buff all the content each time i want to fix a balance problem with the classes.

Say, i want to reduce players sustain. Yes, instead of nerfing sustain on each class i can add a debuff to both pve and pvp areas that reduces the sustain to my desired levels. Net result will be exactly the same.
      Many players want to feel a sense of progression, not move backwards.

This is understandable, but ESO game direction is heavily inclined towards horizontal progress. So you can either have a balanced game that will nerf players from time to time or a standard (for mmos) power creep with new levels each expansion and no One Tamriel possible as a concept.

If people expect to get only stronger with time, ESO is not the game for that. By design.
      Players are NOT complaining about buffed content, because let's face it that hasn't really happened.

Yep.
      People ARE complaining about large nerfs to their character.

The weird part is all these large nerfs happened to all the characters (yes, we all are waiting on mag sorcs to join the club). So the major source of all nerf complaints in any mmo - 'now i''m weaker than other players' - cannot be applied here.
      People have ALWAYS complained when game developers nerf their character and they will continue to do so. Sticking your head in the sand and saying it isn't so does not make it true. I honestly have no idea how you can say players don't complain when devs gimp their character.

Frankly this is the only mmo i ever played that was bold enough to nerf all the players at the same time:) Thus i find this situation unique.

Again, it's understandable that you don't like your char to become less effective. But i find it much harder to understand and to relate to when people protest that all players become weaker. How would they expect for the balance to happen?
      How many mmo have you played, because if you have not seen people complain about devs nerfing players then you just weren't paying attention.

See above.
      Edited by Dorrino on May 9, 2017 10:07PM
      Options
    • Doctordarkspawn
      Doctordarkspawn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      *** Disclaimer: This is NOT an "I quit" post. ***

I know that I and many other people have repeatedly voiced our dismay, concern, and outright disappointment and rage at these changes coming down the pipe, and the same emotions that ZOS is not listening to our feedback one little bit.

We get canned, PR responses from the Reps who're allowed to post on these Forums; and those responses still fail to address any of the multitudinous concerns of the community.

But another emotion that the changes and lack of active listening by ZOS is bringing about; is depression.

I really loved ESO. I made that statement past tense because that love is already dwindling at an ever faster rate as these changes come closer to reality every day.

I Main a Magicka Templar. Two in fact, one is a Healer and one is a DPS monster; and both are going to become nigh useless once these changes go Live.

Now, I have/had a full slate of eight (8) characters on my Xbox account. I also have a PC account for this game (as I said, I loved ESO), and that account exists specifically so that I can participate in the PTS. I used to have eight characters, but I deleted my MagDk and MagNB a few nights back. There simply is no point to having them once this patch goes Live, as they will be completely useless to run in anything EXCEPT overland content, and I've already completed all that on every one of them.

I also have a couple of Magicka Sorcs, but I will be funneling that down to One (1) MagSorc, as there will be no point to having more than one.

I also will have to (deeply disappointed with this reality here) whittle my stable of Mag Templars down to one.

Couple all of that with and because of the changes ZOS is going to make regardless of Player feedback, and my actual play time in ESO will be greatly reduced as well. Changing the combat to be Heavy Attack focused is boring. It takes the "fun" out of what used to be a great combat system, and reduces it to a mindless slog of Heavy Attacks... and not much else.

There's a reason people build their characters to specifically avoid frequent uses of Heavy Attacks, ZOS. And that reason is that it's a boring, mindless, cheap combat system lacking in any kind of originality.

So my play time is going to drop from 14-28 hours per week, to about 1-4 hours per week. Just enough to keep my Guild running.

Why? Because I cannot devote that much time to a game where the Devs are determined to make the game as monotone and monotonous as you are shooting for with these changes.

About the only thing keeping me in ESO is the Elder Scrolls skin that it wears. And that's really every reason I have for keeping the two characters I plan on keeping. The Elder Scrolls skin.

Now; I have 20+ years of playing MMORPG's under my belt. I started with Asheron's Call, Ultima Online, and EverQuest. These were great MMORPG's in their day, and they were great because, despite the changes they made, they kept that "fun and unique" factor deeply embedded in every change that they made.

Did those games make some truly horrible changes along the way? Sure. And that's ultimately what led to them "dying off", even if they all haven't "shut the lights off" and powered down the servers. It has happened with some truly great MMO's as well (i.e. Star Wars Galaxies).

I would rather not see this same thing happen to ESO, especially since it is still very young for an MMO at only three (3) years old. But this seems to be what you as a development company are determined to do, despite the legions of Players trying to tell you what to do to avoid this very same fate for ESO.

So; my play time is going to decrease, and indeed it already has. I haven't logged into the Live server except for a minuscule total of four (4) hours over the last two weeks, and that's due to these changes you're forcing upon a player base that doesn't want them. I mean, what's the point of logging in and supporting a game that is determined to remove anything unique about the various classes and to reduce the formerly unique combat down to a mindless Heavy Attack slog? I also have all-but quit logging into the PTS, except for a couple of hours here and there. Again; what's the point to dropping into the PTS and testing and leaving Feedback, when it is only going to fall on deaf ears of a development company that doesn't listen unless the Feedback only gives glowing praise of the destruction you are inflicting on your own game?

So really, ZOS; what's the point anymore?

My play time will stay at a meager 2-4 hours per week, if even that much, once these changes go live. There will not be any more Crown Store purchases. I've already cancelled all of my Subscriptions on mine and my wife's accounts. And my characters in my stable will drop to only two.

Because due to your intransigence over these changes, and outright willful dismissal of Player concerns; there's zero reasons to give you or your game any more of my limited, precious free-time that I get to enjoy my Gaming hobby.

There's plenty of other great MMORPG's on the market currently, and several more releasing over the next year that hold a lot of promise. So while I will still hope that ESO improves, you have pushed me to explore those other MMORPG's much more than I would have, had you not taken the intransigent stance that you have over these changes, and willful dismissal of your Player's concerns.

So; while I am NOT quitting ESO, I quite frankly, have other MMO's to explore that DO have a desire to keep uniqueness and fun in their design and development core values.

The fault for this change in my attitude lies squarely on your shoulders, ZOS. This is no one's fault but your own.

And I have a strong suspicion that I am not alone in this.

Peace,

Vampire Nox

Same.

I like this game. I like it's stories, it's gameplay, but I'm tired of being treated like a mushroom. There isn't anything worth coming -back- to next patch.

The game will be on life support.
      Options
    • Valykc
      Valykc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      *** Disclaimer: This is NOT an "I quit" post. ***

I know that I and many other people have repeatedly voiced our dismay, concern, and outright disappointment and rage at these changes coming down the pipe, and the same emotions that ZOS is not listening to our feedback one little bit.

We get canned, PR responses from the Reps who're allowed to post on these Forums; and those responses still fail to address any of the multitudinous concerns of the community.

But another emotion that the changes and lack of active listening by ZOS is bringing about; is depression.

I really loved ESO. I made that statement past tense because that love is already dwindling at an ever faster rate as these changes come closer to reality every day.

I Main a Magicka Templar. Two in fact, one is a Healer and one is a DPS monster; and both are going to become nigh useless once these changes go Live.

Now, I have/had a full slate of eight (8) characters on my Xbox account. I also have a PC account for this game (as I said, I loved ESO), and that account exists specifically so that I can participate in the PTS. I used to have eight characters, but I deleted my MagDk and MagNB a few nights back. There simply is no point to having them once this patch goes Live, as they will be completely useless to run in anything EXCEPT overland content, and I've already completed all that on every one of them.

I also have a couple of Magicka Sorcs, but I will be funneling that down to One (1) MagSorc, as there will be no point to having more than one.

I also will have to (deeply disappointed with this reality here) whittle my stable of Mag Templars down to one.

Couple all of that with and because of the changes ZOS is going to make regardless of Player feedback, and my actual play time in ESO will be greatly reduced as well. Changing the combat to be Heavy Attack focused is boring. It takes the "fun" out of what used to be a great combat system, and reduces it to a mindless slog of Heavy Attacks... and not much else.

There's a reason people build their characters to specifically avoid frequent uses of Heavy Attacks, ZOS. And that reason is that it's a boring, mindless, cheap combat system lacking in any kind of originality.

So my play time is going to drop from 14-28 hours per week, to about 1-4 hours per week. Just enough to keep my Guild running.

Why? Because I cannot devote that much time to a game where the Devs are determined to make the game as monotone and monotonous as you are shooting for with these changes.

About the only thing keeping me in ESO is the Elder Scrolls skin that it wears. And that's really every reason I have for keeping the two characters I plan on keeping. The Elder Scrolls skin.

Now; I have 20+ years of playing MMORPG's under my belt. I started with Asheron's Call, Ultima Online, and EverQuest. These were great MMORPG's in their day, and they were great because, despite the changes they made, they kept that "fun and unique" factor deeply embedded in every change that they made.

Did those games make some truly horrible changes along the way? Sure. And that's ultimately what led to them "dying off", even if they all haven't "shut the lights off" and powered down the servers. It has happened with some truly great MMO's as well (i.e. Star Wars Galaxies).

I would rather not see this same thing happen to ESO, especially since it is still very young for an MMO at only three (3) years old. But this seems to be what you as a development company are determined to do, despite the legions of Players trying to tell you what to do to avoid this very same fate for ESO.

So; my play time is going to decrease, and indeed it already has. I haven't logged into the Live server except for a minuscule total of four (4) hours over the last two weeks, and that's due to these changes you're forcing upon a player base that doesn't want them. I mean, what's the point of logging in and supporting a game that is determined to remove anything unique about the various classes and to reduce the formerly unique combat down to a mindless Heavy Attack slog? I also have all-but quit logging into the PTS, except for a couple of hours here and there. Again; what's the point to dropping into the PTS and testing and leaving Feedback, when it is only going to fall on deaf ears of a development company that doesn't listen unless the Feedback only gives glowing praise of the destruction you are inflicting on your own game?

So really, ZOS; what's the point anymore?

My play time will stay at a meager 2-4 hours per week, if even that much, once these changes go live. There will not be any more Crown Store purchases. I've already cancelled all of my Subscriptions on mine and my wife's accounts. And my characters in my stable will drop to only two.

Because due to your intransigence over these changes, and outright willful dismissal of Player concerns; there's zero reasons to give you or your game any more of my limited, precious free-time that I get to enjoy my Gaming hobby.

There's plenty of other great MMORPG's on the market currently, and several more releasing over the next year that hold a lot of promise. So while I will still hope that ESO improves, you have pushed me to explore those other MMORPG's much more than I would have, had you not taken the intransigent stance that you have over these changes, and willful dismissal of your Player's concerns.

So; while I am NOT quitting ESO, I quite frankly, have other MMO's to explore that DO have a desire to keep uniqueness and fun in their design and development core values.

The fault for this change in my attitude lies squarely on your shoulders, ZOS. This is no one's fault but your own.

And I have a strong suspicion that I am not alone in this.

Peace,

Vampire Nox

Yep this is exactly how I feel too.
      Options
    • Yolokin_Swagonborn
      Yolokin_Swagonborn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dark Anchors
      Standing still while in combat with a Dark Anchor now causes an an extraplanar charge to gradually accumulate at your location. A charge that has built to critical levels explodes, damaging those who contributed to its growth and significantly reducing their health recovery.

LOL

I see a trolling opportunity here. Mobs of new players running dolmens.... This is too good.

Wait it only damages those who just stand there? Dammit. there goes my fun. But knowing Zenimax there will probably be a bug and I can wipe full dolmen groups by just standing there.
      Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on May 10, 2017 12:01AM
      Options
    • brandonv516
      brandonv516
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Where's the concealed weapon love? More damage please.
      Options
    • ProbablePaul
      ProbablePaul
      ✭✭✭✭
      There should be some modifications to how stealth game play works. In other games I've played there was more strategy involved in playing as a stealther, and the reason why stealthers had such massive crit damage was for massive opening attacks, because once they were exposed they were very likely to die. As an example, in Dark age of camelot, we had a chain combo that would debuff players, while also providing a massive opening hit. Whereas in ESO, pretty much every class can hit as hard as a nightblade, if not harder, and at the same time have better resource management, as well as better defenses.

When I started playing this game I was hoping for a class that fit my playstyle. I was assuming most of the great stealther sets would require someone to attack from crouch, rather than just sneak or cloak, but that's not the case at all. The sneak by crouching doesn't work too well, I seem to be spotted unless I stack decrease detection radius sets, which compromises my ability to do any damage, or kill anyone. Winning in pvp is all about being able to burst damage high enough so that people cant respond with a shield, or a heal fast enough, but not every build is capable of this. The closest I have found to it is a mag blade who spams cloak, but cloak doesn't always work, either.

I just dont understand why nightblades suck so much. I'm always amazed when I play my sorcerer, because it's a total breeze. I can bolt escape to places other people can't jump to, have a massive heal with my pet, great aoe and single target damage, a third bar if I slot overload, which is a super powerful ult that allows me to manage exactly how each point of my ultimate is used (none goes to waste!) Not to mention, as a sorc I get all these cool auras, and movement speed buffs, and AoE's that last a long time, and follow me wherever I go. I have to be spamming a rotation on my nightblade to keep up with half of what my sorcerer is capable of, and my sorcerer can generally outdamage my nightblade without much effort. I find that my nightblade just requires me to cast too many damn abilities to be effective, and my gear isn't strong enough. Right now using stygian, julianos and kena I can sometimes hit someone for half their health. Doing so requires that I execute a combination of roughly 5 or 6 abilities to coincide with moleg kena proc, but most of the time I can't get everything I need cast in time to fully take advantage of short buff timers from sets.

I don't want sorcs to be nerfed, I want nightblades to be buffed. A few ideas! (some might be applicable to all classes, too)
      • Change one of our passives to an evasion passive that levels like so 1/3/5% bonus
      • Change Blur and it's morphs in some way, because as it stands it's a better idea to slot the medium armor ability
      • Increase the range on veiled strike and it's morphs
      • Let us choose whether or not summon shade auto attacks or not, maybe even let us cast them by ground targeting
      • Make the percentage of generated ultimate matter when casting the ultimate.
      • Make magicka based melee weapons.
      • change the base mages guild ability of 'balance' and it's morphs to not cost so much health. (it currently costs me 5.9k health to recover 2.8k magicka, AND no healing for four seconds. Like, whoa.)
      • please change the crit resist meta, nightblades revolve around crit damage, and even when stacking it we still prove to be ineffective often times due to people stacking impen. (hopefully the resource management changes will require people to distribute set traits differently than all impen)
      Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
      Options
    • NightbladeMechanics
      NightbladeMechanics
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      CTSCold wrote: »
      Still no ranged CC for bow. And no change to passives. Auto fire won't make it competitive. Easier maybe but not competitive.

Bow has a close range cc that creates distance. Giving it a long ranged cc to combo with snipe would be op. No.

Also making its heavy attacks release automatically is a nerf to the weapon line.
      Kena
      Legion XIII
      Excellence without elitism
      Premier small scale PvP

Legend
      NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
      Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
      Nightblade Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
      https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
      Options
    • mr_wazzabi
      mr_wazzabi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This game is done.

Nerfed sustain, heavy attack builds being required, high end content kept the same despite players being nerfed means a big portion of players that can beat vma or hm trials won't be able to do it anymore.

Not being able to beat high end content means no end reason to play.
      Bosmer Stamina NB
      Altmer Magicka TEMP
      Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
      Altmer Magicka NB
      Breton Magicka Sorc
      Redguard Stam Sorc
      Max CP
      Options
    • 6lackzeu5
      6lackzeu5
      ✭✭
      I think zo$ forgot that this game is like four years old so most ppl look at newer games. A majority of the people who buy this game now was probably referred to from a friend to pick it up because of how fun it is/was. I walked by eso millions of times because I knew how bad it was in the beginning before a friend who was cp500 at the time told me to give it a go because of how much it had changed. I can tell now that people gonna stop telling friends to try it out and the player base might start declining. Zos need to start listening because I love this game but they taking it in the wrong directions.. Heavy attacks online
      Options
    • Ixtyr
      Ixtyr
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dorrino wrote: »
      This game needs a new Development team so badly it hurts. The current Devs are completely out of touch, have a stale and uninteresting vision for combat (Heavy Attack spam lulz), and continue to give nothing but lip service to the "Play the Way you Want" marketing gimmick while continuing to further shoehorn classes into defined roles.

At this point the best thing we can hope for is Morrowind to be a bust and have ZOS management acknowledge that the game needs fresh development blood.
      @Kilandros

This development team did the whole transition from a dying niche game that it was with subscription to one of the best MMOs on the market.

I, for one, after playing the beta could have never thought the game ends up being that good as it became by the time of Tamriel Unlimited. I could've got bored with it in couple of months after that if it wouldn't become even better with updates.

What happens now is that some people don't understand that One Tamriel approach REQUIRES nerfs to the classes and gear and does NOT support vertical progression and power creep, unlike many traditional MMOS.

Yes, it would be much better if ZOS implemented balance changes more often. Yes, it would be awesome if ZOS fixed outstanding performance issues. Yes, it would be awesome if ZOS nerfed mag sorcs:)

But they keep adding a lot of new MECHANICS instead of just putting in batches of recolored old content and call it an expansion.

In one Tamriel everybody got housing system for free. You didn't even get to buy a dlc.

Now they made a huge zone, filled with lore and vistas. They are adding battlegrounds for all your trigger-happy fun. They are adding a new trial and according to people's feedback it's quite nice.

They are re-balancing the classes to fix the issues we all have been complaining about for quite a while.

And you just keep complaining that 'you can't sustain'.

That's the damn purpose that you should NOT be able to sustain.

The game has exactly 2 (two) manually activated cooldowns as far as the game mechanics are concerned: ultimates and potion. Everything else is spammable as long as you have the resources for that.

Let me reiterate: as long as you have the resources.

In the result of previously made balance decisions and power creep caused by iterative raising of CP cap current state of the game allows to effectively disregard resources levels in pve, and, which is even more gamebreaking, in pvp.

We all know that people don't die in both pvp and pve because they ran out of the resources unless they are not experienced with the game.

And since we've been playing this game where resources are not a factor for at least (at least) a year a lot of people assume that's how the game's supposed to be played. This period of resource-irrelevance is fully on ZOS though. It's not great they're trying to fix it only now, but it HAD to happen.

This is the first example from an mmo that i ever played when people rage at devs for making the game HARDER and more complex. I've seen people being mad when devs streamlined classes and game mechanics. I've seen people complain when devs kept nerfing the content. But this is the first time when i see people shouting and swearing when devs are trying to make a non-cooldown and non-downtime gameplay to rely on SOMETHING.

You don't like to use heavies to sustain? Then WHAT would you like to use instead? Nothing? Sustain should 'just happen'? What is YOUR job then? To perform really simple (compared to many other mmos) rotations and don't stand in red? Is THAT what you're trying this game combat to be? Is that the pinnacle of mmo experience?

So what are you complaining about again?

Thank you, Miat, for articulating this.

I may dislike some of the features of your PvP addons, but I sure as heck appreciate this post.
      Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
      Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
      Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
      ---
      Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
      Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
      Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
      Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
      Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
      Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
      Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
      Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
      ---
      The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
      Vehemence - Officer
      Nightfighters - Member
      -
      Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
      ---
      Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
      Options
    • Xsorus
      Xsorus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      CTSCold wrote: »
      Still no ranged CC for bow. And no change to passives. Auto fire won't make it competitive. Easier maybe but not competitive.

Bow has a close range cc that creates distance. Giving it a long ranged cc to combo with snipe would be op. No.

Also making its heavy attacks release automatically is a nerf to the weapon line.

It's not completely nerfing the weapon line; it's actually a buff in some ways for the line. Yes in certain gank builds it's a nerf but actual archer setups it is more of a buff in my opinion. For example you can now hold down lethal arrow and heavy at almost the same time and fire them both off at a far quicker time then doing it manually. So you're going to see less bow gankers in terms of holding the heavy attack and popping you with an ult for example. However you're going to see a massive increase in bow spammers.
      Options
    • usmcjdking
      usmcjdking
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Ixtyr wrote: »
      This game needs a new Development team so badly it hurts. The current Devs are completely out of touch, have a stale and uninteresting vision for combat (Heavy Attack spam lulz), and continue to give nothing but lip service to the "Play the Way you Want" marketing gimmick while continuing to further shoehorn classes into defined roles.

At this point the best thing we can hope for is Morrowind to be a bust and have ZOS management acknowledge that the game needs fresh development blood.
      @Kilandros

This development team did the whole transition from a dying niche game that it was with subscription to one of the best MMOs on the market.

I, for one, after playing the beta could have never thought the game ends up being that good as it became by the time of Tamriel Unlimited. I could've got bored with it in couple of months after that if it wouldn't become even better with updates.

What happens now is that some people don't understand that One Tamriel approach REQUIRES nerfs to the classes and gear and does NOT support vertical progression and power creep, unlike many traditional MMOS.

Yes, it would be much better if ZOS implemented balance changes more often. Yes, it would be awesome if ZOS fixed outstanding performance issues. Yes, it would be awesome if ZOS nerfed mag sorcs:)

But they keep adding a lot of new MECHANICS instead of just putting in batches of recolored old content and call it an expansion.

In one Tamriel everybody got housing system for free. You didn't even get to buy a dlc.

Now they made a huge zone, filled with lore and vistas. They are adding battlegrounds for all your trigger-happy fun. They are adding a new trial and according to people's feedback it's quite nice.

They are re-balancing the classes to fix the issues we all have been complaining about for quite a while.

The game has exactly 2 (two) manually activated cooldowns as far as the game mechanics are concerned: ultimates and potion. Everything else is spammable as long as you have the resources for that.

In the result of previously made balance decisions and power creep caused by iterative raising of CP cap current state of the game allows to effectively disregard resources levels in pve, and, which is even more gamebreaking, in pvp.

We all know that people don't die in both pvp and pve because they ran out of the resources unless they are not experienced with the game.

And since we've been playing this game where resources are not a factor for at least (at least) a year a lot of people assume that's how the game's supposed to be played. This period of resource-irrelevance is fully on ZOS though. It's not great they're trying to fix it only now, but it HAD to happen.

This is the first example from an mmo that i ever played when people rage at devs for making the game HARDER and more complex. I've seen people being mad when devs streamlined classes and game mechanics. I've seen people complain when devs kept nerfing the content. But this is the first time when i see people shouting and swearing when devs are trying to make a non-cooldown and non-downtime gameplay to rely on SOMETHING.

You don't like to use heavies to sustain? Then WHAT would you like to use instead? Nothing? Sustain should 'just happen'? What is YOUR job then? To perform really simple (compared to many other mmos) rotations and don't stand in red? Is THAT what you're trying this game combat to be? Is that the pinnacle of mmo experience?

I may dislike some of the features of your PvP addons, but I sure as heck appreciate this post.

@Dorrino missed the most important cooldown in the game.

Malacath Flame Wand. How can I take his post seriously?
      Options
    • timidobserver
      timidobserver
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      waitwhat wrote: »
      waitwhat wrote: »
      Guild
      • Mages Guild
        • Radiant Magelight (Magelight morph):
          • This morph no longer passively reduces your damage taken by sneak attacks. It continues to passively prevent the stun from sneak attacks.

I remember some people were telling me i just refuse to add proper ganking protection to my build:)

And here we are <3

@Dorrino

The stun protection it gives you is still huge, and was always the main reason you and everyone else have been told to slot it. Every ganker would gladly let you have that extra damage protection back if we could just get that first stun on the opener--especially in a resource-management meta.

Im the opposite. The stun isn't what confirms my kills. Me using my combo perfectly does. Even though were in a resource heavy meta come morrowwind... a ganker will still go for max damage in my opinion... so resources are not necessary. I think ZOS has done all us gankers a favour removing the stealth damage mitigation which is not a good thing. This ability was the stealth counter and now there is none. The stealth damage bonus they are removing only harms 1 shot gankers, proc set gankers or heavy attack incap into execute gankers will just kill everyone now. Proxi bombing is going to hurt more now also since nobody can protect them with Radiant Mage Light. THINK OF THE PUGS!

@GreenSoup2HoT

We'd all get a lot more kills if they didn't have stun protection. Burning the victim's resources is how you get through a heavy armor magplar and it's your only hope if you don't catch the sorc with shields down. The break free cost of the stun would be a huge bonus, to say nothing of the time it gives you to rebuff or pop a DoT. Make no mistake, the stun protection from magelight is absolutely a stealth counter, and remains so even with that damage loss.

Moreover, the stealth damage bonus they are removing does not just harm 1-shot gankers. It is entirely possible to bomb from stealth with a variety of ultimates, and those attacks will suffer damage reduction as well.

Also, since gankers did get their crit from stealth dropped, and since stamina in general continues to bite the big one, I really think it's ok for the classes that slot magelight to die more. It will be good for them emotionally to come to terms with the absence of invincibility. It really isn't fair, and it never escapes notice, how everyone castigates any benefit that comes to stamina users generally, even when the benefit isn't just for stamina users.

Finally, one-shot gankers from stealth are good for the game, full stop. The playstyle is high-skill, counters many invincible builds by catching them off guard, and changes player behavior forcing them to be more cautious in PvP areas. The added tension in PvP areas is perfectly in line with the gravity of the activity performed therein. If you think the TH nightblade who 1vX'ed you is an example of this, think again: that nb performed 1vX with rally, vigor, blessed, and heaps of skill, not stealth damage, even when they used cloak.

I disagree with the part about gankers being good for the game. They are a huge new player detterant. Every player I talk to that dislikes PvP usually cites gankers as part of their reason. They also push people into zerging since standing in the middle of 50 people is the hard counter to gankers.

IMO, gankers are worse than lag. I've learned to deal with them over the years I have played the game, but I still find them to be the least attractive thing about Cyrodiil.
      Edited by timidobserver on May 10, 2017 6:03AM
      V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
      V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
      V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
      V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
      V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
    • Johngo0036
      Johngo0036
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      making bow heavy attack auto release when fully loaded.... awe.... so i have no control over when to release my attack.......
      PC EU Megaserver
      @Johngo0036
      CP900+
      Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
      Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
      Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
      Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
      Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
      Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
      Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
      Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
      Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
      Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
      Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
      Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
      Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
      Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
      Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options
    • ZoM_Head
      ZoM_Head
      ✭✭✭✭
      :| DKs are perfectly balance good job ZoS

Useless, just useless....they just want us to leave this class and roll something else.
      mDKs still need a lot of love!
      Options
    • Dorrino
      Dorrino
      ✭✭✭✭✭

<3
      usmcjdking wrote: »
      @Dorrino missed the most important cooldown in the game.

Malacath Flame Wand. How can I take his post seriously?

I KNEW somebody will catch me hiding the crucial information that mementos also have cooldowns!

Since my plan was exposed i have to inform you that Flame Ward is not the major contributing factor to the combat effectiveness! Rumors are having Atronach Transformation on you (p2w) increases your Fabulousness level slightly above 9000. Which is roughly 5% dps, but shhh!
      Edited by Dorrino on May 10, 2017 7:53AM
      Options
    • Shatricor
      Shatricor
      ZoM_Head wrote: »

Useless, just useless....they just want us to leave this class and roll something else.

But how there are no Class chancge tokens and many players dont want to level a new char because their old ones are nerfed
      Options
    • oahaha
      oahaha
      ✭✭✭
      So the dark deal "nerf" is just a joke, take it from me i'm a stam sorc and it will not do anything, the ability is great don't get me wrong, and I love playing stam sorc just because of it, but it should have a counter, every ability should have a counter in some sort of form.
      I propose the following change to it, go back to 1 sec cast time (the 1.2 is nothing) and if the cast is interrupted the resources needed will also be used, so you will not be able to endlessly cast it without a penalty if your opponent is aware in the fight, it will add a strategy to it.
      And don't tell me it will affect pve, cos no one will use it in pve or if it's used then they lose damage, so that makes it not viable.
      Options
    • oahaha
      oahaha
      ✭✭✭
      Pirate Skeleton it's a good nerf but I think it's not the right way to address it.
      I think it would be ok if Major Protection becomes Minor Protection.
      The comment about tanks using it it's just stupid, no tank is using this set.
      Options
    • oahaha
      oahaha
      ✭✭✭
      O almost forgot, please please please do something about race passives, it's just stupid right now, if i want to play a mag sorc I should make a high elf, every other race is just useless (maybe breton is ok).
      Make the race passives less impactfull, Increases Max Magicka by 10% or Increases Stamina Recovery by 21%.or Increases damage done while in Stealth by 10% it's to much.
      I propose something more with a flavor of the race not general buffs.
      For example:
      Khajiit the biggest bonus should be something like this "Increase the movement speed while in Crouch by 3%"
      Wood Elf the biggest bonus should be something like this "Decrease the time it takes to Crouch by 3%."
      Orc the biggest bonus should be something like this "increases Sprint speed by 3%"
      The percentages can be lower or bigger on some cases but make them a flavor buff.
      As for the rest they should be fun passives that wont affect combat or stats to much, something like this:
      Orc first passive Increases your crafting Inspiration for Blacksmithing gained by X%.
      Orc second passive Charge attacks like Critical Rush, Shield Assault have a specific Orc animation.
      Orc third one should be the one from above "Increases Sprint speed by 1/2/3%"
      This will allow ppl to play what race/class the want.
      My main is a orc stam sorc, and I love orcs (ORC MASTER RACE) but some time I would like to play as mag sorc, even tho I have the skills to respec (I have all the skills in the game) and I do sometimes respec as mag, the racial passives are not useful, and I practically lose damage just because i'm not a High Elf with 10% more magicka.
      Edited by oahaha on May 10, 2017 11:02AM
      Options
    • Feanor
      Feanor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      oahaha wrote: »
      Pirate Skeleton it's a good nerf but I think it's not the right way to address it.
      I think it would be ok if Major Protection becomes Minor Protection.
      The comment about tanks using it it's just stupid, no tank is using this set.

@WalksonGraves wears it ;)
      Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
      Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
      All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
      Options
    • Saturn
      Saturn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Mitoice wrote: »
      When people are gonna learn that Wroebel plays a Mag Sorc... that means theres no way... theyre gonna nerf sorc damage....
      You have two options:
      1. Roll yourself a mag sorc
      2. Ignore it and keep playing

Its been years since weve been saying about sorc high dmg output vs other chars.... have they listen? no...

I just dont wanna waste anymore of my time...

Unless wroebel starts playing another class... sorcs are gonna be TOP dps in this game.... Live with it and stop complaining.

To be fair, nobody played a mag sorc outside of PvP until the most recent buff and those who did were ridiculed for not playing templar or dk. Sorcerers have only recently been incredibly good, due to a buff with their pet and an unintentional buff through stave passives. The biggest hit before sorc was mag templar, and before that stam sorc, and before that stam dk, and before that mag dk, and so on. I really cant wait for mag nb's time to shine, a shame there won't be anyone left to play endgame PvE when that happens, lol.
      "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
      Options
    • Kolache
      Kolache
      ✭✭✭✭

@Kilandros

lol I was thinking the same thing... "that damn addon crutch guy makes a good point"
      Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
      Options
    • ZoM_Head
      ZoM_Head
      ✭✭✭✭
      ZoM_Head wrote: »

But how there are no Class chancge tokens and many players dont want to level a new char because their old ones are nerfed

I am not spending a dime on those tokens and i am not leaving my 3 year old main mDK.

Worst case for me is to cancel ESO+ and move on to something else.
      mDKs still need a lot of love!
      Options