Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

• Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    I think the most important point to address is the point that Micah brought up about siege cause he is 100% right on that.

The more siege you have up the faster it is to get in = the less time people have to arrive = less resistance = easier keep grabs

way too many groups just throw up 8-10 siege and call it a day then wipe cause they took too long getting inside.

Although I agree with the map going blue every single day like Mihail said, It gets really tiresome and I think its definitely burning out a lot of people [myself included].

Even now I decided to look at this thread cause I was tired of going to Roebeck for like the 8th time today.

I'd agree with Micah to a degree that some of it is skill/experience, but it's hard to ignore the sheer fact we are always outnumbered every night 80-90% of the time
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    jhharvest wrote: »
    6uZlW9t.jpg
    It's so hard to get a good group photo of our blue friends. They just don't all fit on the screen at once!

Ouch!...

and holy ping and fps, Batman!
    I'm in Singapore so I run into these blue friends in my evening time. My ping is usually bad (250-350) during US primetime, but something about this blue group makes my ping extra bad. Like, I rarely die to invisible Dawnbreakers during normal hours (usually I see them and then die, which is /much/ better). But I think because all of them also have bad ping the problem gets pronounced even further. What happens regularly is I die, and then 5 guys gap close to my location and recap says I've been hit with Dawnbreaker. And my weapon swaps start to work really erratically too. But unfortunately no chance of ZOS implementing Asian servers, so just got to roll with the punches.
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mutagem wrote: »
    I think the most important point to address is the point that Micah brought up about siege cause he is 100% right on that.

The more siege you have up the faster it is to get in = the less time people have to arrive = less resistance = easier keep grabs

way too many groups just throw up 8-10 siege and call it a day then wipe cause they took too long getting inside.

Although I agree with the map going blue every single day like Mihail said, It gets really tiresome and I think its definitely burning out a lot of people [myself included].

Even now I decided to look at this thread cause I was tired of going to Roebeck for like the 8th time today.

I'd agree with Micah to a degree that some of it is skill/experience, but it's hard to ignore the sheer fact we are always outnumbered every night 80-90% of the time

Unfortunately this isn't an uncommon occurrence in the life-cycle of a PvP server. There is always generally one server that stays somewhat dynamic, and the rest fall prey to one faction. In this case it is DC because of their round the clock presence. This really isn't the fault of those DC players, they rolled DC when they began the game and chose Azuras because it doesn't require CP so they can PvP on a more even field (sheer numbers notwithstanding).

If they decided to start as AD the server would be painted yellow every night, the same for EP with a red map. The best way you can fight these players is to take breaks. I've been on numerous campaigns that have been turned one color or another when we sleep, and wake up to 20 people waiting at our gates to say hello. Sure, you can push them back day after day, but after awhile, you get burnt out, like you said. So take a break. Play on a different server for a week. Try a new game you haven't been able to get to. Do some hiking/fishing (or whatever hobby you like). I've done dungeons for the first time in months this past week. Sometimes you need to take a break from PvP, regardless if it is "competitive", zerging, small-scale, or fighting the zerg.
    Edited by PenguinInACan on September 17, 2016 2:05AM
    Marek
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    6uZlW9t.jpg
    It's so hard to get a good group photo of our blue friends. They just don't all fit on the screen at once!

Ouch!...

and holy ping and fps, Batman!
    I'm in Singapore so I run into these blue friends in my evening time. My ping is usually bad (250-350) during US primetime, but something about this blue group makes my ping extra bad. Like, I rarely die to invisible Dawnbreakers during normal hours (usually I see them and then die, which is /much/ better). But I think because all of them also have bad ping the problem gets pronounced even further. What happens regularly is I die, and then 5 guys gap close to my location and recap says I've been hit with Dawnbreaker. And my weapon swaps start to work really erratically too. But unfortunately no chance of ZOS implementing Asian servers, so just got to roll with the punches.

Enemy damage isn't calculated the same as your buffs/cc immunity/heals. That's to say, if you are having latency issues, you're heal might graphically register before their damage skills register to the server...but due to your latency the heal hits the server AFTER several of the damage abilities do...rendering you dead. I played from UAE for a year in 2014-2015 and learned real quick that tanky-ness is a necessity with 600+ ping every night.
    Marek
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres more to it than just the siege count

Stop hitting the same objective over and over, go deep, ride a little. If i had a dollar for how many times i took an undefended Ash when Roebeck and Chalman were blue and faction stacked...
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    Sure, you can push them back day after day, but after awhile, you get burnt out, like you said. So take a break. Play on a different server for a week. Try a new game you haven't been able to get to. Do some hiking/fishing (or whatever hobby you like). I've done dungeons for the first time in months this past week. Sometimes you need to take a break from PvP, regardless if it is "competitive", zerging, small-scale, or fighting the zerg.
    It's a 30 day camp. You stop playing for a week, you miss out on your gold rewards, unfortunately.
  • Hektik_V
    Hektik_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're getting gate camped just sit back and enjoy all the gate ticks that will be bestowed upon you.
    Das Hektik
    Hektik V
    Hektiksaurus
    Hekspawn

@HEKT1K
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure, you can push them back day after day, but after awhile, you get burnt out, like you said. So take a break. Play on a different server for a week. Try a new game you haven't been able to get to. Do some hiking/fishing (or whatever hobby you like). I've done dungeons for the first time in months this past week. Sometimes you need to take a break from PvP, regardless if it is "competitive", zerging, small-scale, or fighting the zerg.
    It's a 30 day camp. You stop playing for a week, you miss out on your gold rewards, unfortunately.

If taking a week off to refresh is hard because you are thinking about gold rewards then the week wouldn't do what it should in the first place. Not directing this at you, but its a 30 day campaign. A week for most casual players shouldn't be the difference between a gold reward and not. It's the "hardcore" players that play every night for hours that get burnt out that need a week. And those players should have no issue making up for lost time coming back from a week (or even 3 days) break to get back into gold reward standing.
    Marek
  • Nihang
    Nihang
    ✭✭✭
    naked dance party at roe was lit today.
    #LOVEPALACE
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pft, thanks for the invite.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pot calling the kettle black, Irony Overload.

DC's Asian Invasion has spiced up the campaign and taken the advantage of numbers (in and out of US tz) away from AD and given it to DC. The last two campaigns AD flipped the map yellow 5-6 days a week except it was done during the early afternoon by med-high pops, the only change is DC now does it during late mornings with high-locked pop. Two weeks ago today (a Saturday morning), DC and AD were both locked pop.

Last Saturday while DC was locked AD was at high. These serve as very small examples that even though AD may have slightly less numbers, they do have the numbers in and out of US tz's to give DC a run for their money. All this proves is that a lot of AD can't take what they give, if you don't want a challenge then I guess keep complaining that might work. Welcome to the world of EP, we do it with less people and less, sometimes none, guilds.
    Edited by Alomar on September 17, 2016 4:11PM
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Cypriot122
    Cypriot122
    ✭✭✭
    Why dont you log onto ad right now and compare numbers.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cypriot122 wrote: »

Played 2 hours this morning, made 150k ap off the DC Asians. DC was locked, AD was High, EP was low-med. Your proving my point for me mate, just because some AD logged off because it was hard doesn't mean you didn't have the people.
    Heike wrote: »
    The oceanic zerg is almost solely responsible for DC winning this campaign. They wiped the overnight map for 28 consecutive days (a record).

Not true, 5 days this campaign AD beat back the DC Asians out of US tz (because they don't always show in such large numbers) and turned the map yellow. Also this past Wednesday we held the DC Asian high pop back and prevented them from even taking all of their home keeps before they left Cyrodiil and went into the Sewers. #FactChecked
    Edited by Alomar on September 17, 2016 4:20PM
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »
    Cypriot122 wrote: »

Played 2 hours this morning, made 150k ap off the DC Asians. DC was locked, AD was High, EP was low-med. Your proving my point for me mate, just because some AD logged off because it was hard doesn't mean you didn't have the people.
    Heike wrote: »
    The oceanic zerg is almost solely responsible for DC winning this campaign. They wiped the overnight map for 28 consecutive days (a record).

Not true, 5 days this campaign AD beat back the DC Asians out of US tz (because they don't always show in such large numbers) and turned the map yellow. Also this past Wednesday we held the DC Asian high pop back and prevented them from even taking all of their home keeps before they left Cyrodiil and went into the Sewers. #FactChecked

We may have the people, but a lot of the time the quantity isn't enough to combat the quality of DC during NA primetime. That's the issue AZ has atm as far as I am concerned. DC has a huge population boost in NA off-hours, and then they ramp up back to similar numbers but with higher quality players during NA prime. AD generally keeps the same quality regardless of the quantity. I'm sure EP/DC have the same issue because its Azuras and players are still learning.

We've run across so many situations when we try and occupy a larger force away from an objective so the rest of AD can cap a keep, with whispers saying that they have 24 in group, only to see they put up 5 siege and get wiped over and over.

You can say the same thing about logging to DC. Just because one DC logs because they are fighting organization and its rough doesn't mean they don't have the people. Kettles and pots aren't what we're cooking with over here and with how dynamic the server has been this week I'm hoping it stays that way. EP needs one organized guild of 12-15 to STAY here and we would have some really fun fights.
    Marek
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    0lBjZDH.png
    8Szkl82.jpg
    veq1LyF.png

Sometimes the stars align just right, and even this scrub gets some action.
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    ...DC's Asian Invasion has spiced up the campaign and taken the advantage of numbers (in and out of US tz) away from AD and given it to DC. The last two campaigns AD flipped the map yellow 5-6 days a week except it was done during the early afternoon by med-high pops..."

I'm fairly certain that had the "oceanics" pushed your faction back to your bounty boards every night, you wouldn't be describing it as "spiced up the campaign." The fact that they haven't attacked your faction at ALL, is the only reason that EP is even still in this campaign.

AD flipped the map 5 days total last campaign, and it was done overnight by a group of no more than 5-10 Australian guildies, some of which were new to AZ. And @Taylor_MB can attest that it was probably low-pop versus low-pop. Other than that, the gameplay by people at 1-2pm in the afternoon doesn't constitute "off hours" to me.
    "...DC now does it during late mornings with high-locked pop..."

By "late mornings," you mean 3am-9am? That represents a "late morning" to you...? Okay. lol
    Edited by Heike on September 19, 2016 12:57AM
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • dashima
    dashima
    ✭✭✭
    Azuras be like:

Wkchau0.png
    geiJvrr.jpg

(And then the rest of the time:)

DNEgWnV.jpg
    Edited by dashima on September 24, 2016 12:20AM
    Venatus | Hagnado

AD | Revân Stamina Nightblade AR35 scrub
    AD | Rëvan Stamina Sorcerer fotm
    DC | Ain Ghazal Magicka DK
    tfw too lazy to grind
    AD | Ain Ghazal Magicka DK
    AD | Run I Triggered Them Magicka Templar
    DC | Inner Postern Wall Stamina Templar
    DC | Kaivalanth Magicka Nightblade
    DC | Rëvân Stamina Nightblade
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been to AZ in days. I heard that Betsy emped and that DC is still camping at BB and BM.

Oh well. lol

And yeah, most AD guilds have moved to Trueflame or back to Haderus. I'll stay for the campaign rewards, then probably move along too.
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Betsy did emp, but as usual it was the DC pugs that pushed BB and BM.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • save_me_jeebus
    Ya... I'm not a huge fan of the DC pugs pushing so hard. Seems to increase hate tells and kills competition. Though a certain AD NB challenging every DC to a duel and offering 5k gold for winning was sheer comedy. Made zone chat entertaining for 15 minutes :)

I'm looking at you Josh >;-P
    Salia Sangria DC
    -Solanaceae EP
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What? I didn't get a challenge. So disappointed.

I got a few kills on him at least.
    • PC/NA
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    Josh is a straight up punk. He kept saying kill yourself to people in zone chat a few days ago or so. Then someone called him out on it as being distasteful as they lost friends to OD's and suicides in high school. Then after someone typed that he typed "^LOLOLOL". Took a screenshot of it in case he ever tries to deny it.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legion visited Azura's for our first formal group in a while. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t1Q6Erbc9A

• Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

That is not true. Been there gor the last week. There have been 1-2 coordinated raids pushing to gates during primetime against pugs. When asked why they were doing that they laughed and said its been done to them.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »

That is not true. Been there gor the last week. There have been 1-2 coordinated raids pushing to gates during primetime against pugs. When asked why they were doing that they laughed and said its been done to them.

Then I can at least say it wasn't the emp group, I was with them.
    • PC/NA
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to say it but I think Blue has ruined this campaign. I seldom see any TM keep captures anymore, I still see a few TM members here and there but yeah. The AD zone chat is really bummed 24/7 and doesn't like being there anymore. 2 guilds have left on our side. 1 Blue even really pissed me off the other night with hate tells cause I ganked them while they were setting up siege, like buddy stfu your alliance has over populated and sabatoged the campaign.

No one even bothers going for the scrolls anymore cause what's the point? They'll just be gone in the morning anyways. If I take Alessia farm or Roebeck LM by myself and wait for reinforcements to show up and set up siege. Before anyone even has the chance to get there on average of about 6-10 blues will show up and wipe the resource. It was me, purus, and 3 others the other night at Roebeck when like 15 of them showed up...it's super discouraging

What really made me make the post though was when I went to Trueflame last night, and saw how many AD pugs were playing there I knew and recognized, I saw at least 10 alone that I always fought along side with in Azuras, saw a TON of EP players as well. I actually had fun there too, something I haven't had in Azuras for at least a week or 2. It's too bad cause i don't like the CP system but I might have to learn to like it now
    Edited by Mutagem on September 21, 2016 7:16PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TM hasn't been running organized groups lately because our typical raid leads have been busy with RL stuff. And honestly, our presence seems to be pretty unappreciated by a lot of AD there (including the ones who fled to Trueflame) who have no clue what we do for the campaign. We aren't just going around setting up a series of AP farms. Not all the time, anyway.
    • PC/NA
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    TM hasn't been running organized groups lately because our typical raid leads have been busy with RL stuff. And honestly, our presence seems to be pretty unappreciated by a lot of AD there (including the ones who fled to Trueflame) who have no clue what we do for the campaign. We aren't just going around setting up a series of AP farms. Not all the time, anyway.

I know I've been stuck at work running an OR basically all day every day since last weekend. Hopefully this weekend most people will be free to try and run some groups again.
    Edited by PenguinInACan on September 21, 2016 8:06PM
    Marek
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mutagem wrote: »
    I hate to say it but I think Blue has ruined this campaign. I seldom see any TM keep captures anymore, I still see a few TM members here and there but yeah. The AD zone chat is really bummed 24/7 and doesn't like being there anymore. 2 guilds have left on our side. 1 Blue even really pissed me off the other night with hate tells cause I ganked them while they were setting up siege, like buddy stfu your alliance has over populated and sabatoged the campaign.

No one even bothers going for the scrolls anymore cause what's the point? They'll just be gone in the morning anyways. If I take Alessia farm or Roebeck LM by myself and wait for reinforcements to show up and set up siege. Before anyone even has the chance to get there on average of about 6-10 blues will show up and wipe the resource. It was me, purus, and 3 others the other night at Roebeck when like 15 of them showed up...it's super discouraging

What really made me make the post though was when I went to Trueflame last night, and saw how many AD pugs were playing there I knew and recognized, I saw at least 10 alone that I always fought along side with in Azuras, saw a TON of EP players as well. I actually had fun there too, something I haven't had in Azuras for at least a week or 2. It's too bad cause i don't like the CP system but I might have to learn to like it now

I really think they need to shut down BwB forcing the 1000 AD there to move to AS, then the people who can not play on AD/DC because of the poplock will be forced to sit in que or create an EP character.

Balance has ruined the fun in PvP. I used to play every day now I play for a few minutes and go find something else to do.

Edited by vamp_emily on September 21, 2016 7:58PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• cbaudersub17_ESO
    cbaudersub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Kartalin and @PenguinInACan : I appreciate what you guys do.
This discussion has been closed.