The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

bitaken
bitaken
✭✭✭✭✭
Azura's Star is the non champion point campaign for all factions. I recall when it first came out and how people avoided it because of the "I have worked to get my champion points why shouldn't I get to use them" argument. While I will admit that champion points are hard earned and certainly give your character more staying power and more firepower I will contend that, in my opinion, using Champion Points is not a positive reflection of how PvP in TESO was originally designed. I have over 540 champion levels and am not at a disadvantage in any of the CP based campaigns. Most of my guild mates are also over the 501 threshold.

However, Einherjar (a multi gaming community of friends that has been playing MMOs together for over 14 years now - yes 14 years now), has found that the Non Champion point Cyrodil is more akin to the original PvP in TESO we all fell in love with. It's not for everyone. The 1vX crowd will not find this server to their liking. However, it is a place to find unreal group V group combat and to enjoy group based activities. Groups as small as 5 can be extremely combat effective and can earn loads of AP on Azura's Star.

All of this being said - when Einherjar first got lured to Azura's Star - by our good friend Mrs. Jones (many of you know him hate him or love him he is a friend to EHJ) we found a completely yellow dominated server with a massive presence of Aldmeri Dominion soldiers. We had found a place to fight numbers far greater than ourselves and to hone our combat skills in this new environment that really does require awesome co-ordination and group synergy to be successful. Especially against larger numbers as your resource pools are lower - and your regen rates are much lower. We fought and fought - and eventually wore down the AD zerg. We pushed them to their gates and owned the server - coming back from an 8 thousand point deficit and winning the campaign on our DC characters. Through all this it was essentially a 2 faction campaign. My guild, another small DC guild and a bunch of DC newer players versus a horde of Aldmeri Dominion that sometimes numbered 50-60 strong. Ebonheart had essentially zero presence and to this day has limited participation in the campaign gaining the low pop bonus here.

So my guild decided that it would be a good idea to make a real effort at creating a balanced campaign. One that is fun for all factions. We hail back to the days of Wabbajack and other large campaigns as well as some of the smaller campaigns that were competitive and fun for everyone. We really want that to be the case on Azura's Star. We rolled Ebonheart Characters and with the recent change to leveling found the process fairly simple. We spent our first night on Azura's last night - most of us with key abilities not leveled up and missing core abilities gained from Alliance Ranks and Mages / Fighters / Undaunted guild levels. We did fairly well reaping 250K AP in about 3 hours of play time never going above 12 people in our group.

To that end: We are looking for a strong - but not essentially huge - DC guild to come and fight us and the AD on the server. We are looking for any Ebonheart players looking for a new home to have fun and compete in PvP the way I believe the game was meant to be played to come and join us on Azura's Star. We want a 3 way fun and competitive campaign - but we cannot do that without more players from DC and more players from EP. I am not talking about turning the campaign into the next mega zerg server. The lag free environment is one we enjoy and want to stay that way. However, it cannot be a fun three way battle without more willing combatants from EP and DC.

I am found quite easily in game if you want to ask me any questions about the differences between the non CP and the CP camps. I have spent loads of time in all of them. I am happy to share experience and tips about how to setup / gear your toons. We want good fights - respectable fights - fun tells between frenemies. We want YOU to come and help us bring a balanced and fun campaign option to Azura's!!

See you all out there.

#makecyrodilgreatagain
PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well said!

I haven't been in Azura much of late as it seemed that most DC/EP dropped off the face of the earth again. When I finally did make it back in there over the weekend, the sheer wave of blue that rolled over AD within a matter of minutes was really shocking and completely turned me off the game. We had a group of 12 AD that couldn't keep up with what seemed like 2-3 full raids of DC that could take multiple keeps at a time. When I went back in on Sunday, I was in total shock to see that AD had completely taken the map again.

The numbers game on this server seems so lopsided at times. Either there's a ton of AD or a ton of DC, hardly any EP as they can't play without CP....no even mix of players from all sides.

I have so much fun in there when there's an even mix, even if it's only from two factions. Hopefully we can get it back to that and can enjoy the campaign again.

This is another reason that I am for a Campaign Reset at the end of every 30 days. There's no reason that whom ever controls the map at the end of it should get such a huge jump on the next one. It just doesn't help promote a fun atmosphere IMO. What ever faction your in, it's hard to get people to go in and stay on a campaign that's already completely owned by another faction.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a solo toon 80% of the time, but I have a NB healer tank I'm willing to throw into this campaign. (My main is waiting for purple rewards from TF :(. )

Any DC need a up front tank, message me, I'd be happy to join groups.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ArcanusMagus
    ArcanusMagus
    ✭✭✭
    This campaign feels alot like pvp did close to launch. It's a blast when the numbers are reasonable, which is rare. Usually it's 10-15 EP, roughly the same number of AD, and a raid or two of DC unless the last emp keep is threatened and we magically have 3 full raids of DC. Occasionally I've seen large numbers of AD. Like I said, pretty close to launch.
    Arcanus Magus
    Chrysamere Pact
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love Azura's, but while I was off PVEing the new content and playing lowbies AD turned it into a buff server >.<
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No CP is fun, but this kind of fun isn't for everyone. But hopefully this will sell the campaign for a few more people to guest:

There's no cheating here.
    There's little ego stroking or hate tells. We fight each other every night. We know each other. We have favorite enemy opponents.
    There's about 99% less BS unkillable builds, and even those few have counters without CP.
    There are no one-shot kills. Damage is always reasonable and the fights are fun.
    There are no 1vX heroes. Without CP that's hard to do.
    NPC's are challenging, without CP you can't just kill everything easy. Guards matter. Pets matter.
    There are no infinite resources. That goes for shields, blocking, and dodge rolling. Defenses can be penetrated.
    Crits count. Impen armor without CP still leaves crit damage bleeding through.
    The campaign is more balanced, sorcs aren't cannon fodder here, and Magicka DK's are fun.
    With no CP's, roles are critical. The team with the healer and CC tank will do better than the all DPS hero team.

I like my CP, for raids and pledges, but PVP is better without. It reminds me of my newbie days on the non-vet campaign, when I fell in love with the game.
    Edited by Minalan on June 15, 2016 8:16PM
  • jameslogan
    jameslogan
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. It''s a fantastic server for many reasons, and I would love to nothing more than to have actual balance and true competition. The map has been 90% blue since Thieves' Guild, and in the few occurrences where AD has taken over, the DC population seems to have vanished.

So yes, DC, please come back, and EP, please come party.
    Edited by jameslogan on July 2, 2016 5:29PM
    Betsy
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made Azura's my home when it became the no-cp campaign. I had a lot of fun there and loved fighting with no cp. However, I left after about a month when I was sick of spending more time looking for a fight than actually fighting. If there were more people in that campaign, I would gladly come back. However, I have to disagree with others above about 1vxing in this campaign. I find 1vxing in Azura's to be easier without cp. I actually have had my best 1vx moments in Azura's. But I guess that could be because most of the new players go to this campaign since they don't have cp yet.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made Azura's my home when it became the no-cp campaign. I had a lot of fun there and loved fighting with no cp. However, I left after about a month when I was sick of spending more time looking for a fight than actually fighting. If there were more people in that campaign, I would gladly come back. However, I have to disagree with others above about 1vxing in this campaign. I find 1vxing in Azura's to be easier without cp. I actually have had my best 1vx moments in Azura's. But I guess that could be because most of the new players go to this campaign since they don't have cp yet.

My point was, you usually don't have the resources to keep up a 1v4 or 1v5 for long. I think the best I managed was a 1v2 or 1v3 with a win, but then they came back and killed me. RNG isn't always your friend. XD

• fablliott
    fablliott
    i rolled an EP stamdk exactly because of this problem though, i'll def drop by on her and help out :p and gunters ep toon's name is hilarious lol
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it unlikely that Mrs. Jones can't 1vX in a non CP server
    Edited by Reverb on June 17, 2016 1:03AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mnjk78lgm wrote: »
    bitaken wrote: »
    Azura's Star is the non champion point campaign for all factions. I recall when it first came out and how people avoided it because of the "I have worked to get my champion points why shouldn't I get to use them" argument. While I will admit that champion points are hard earned and certainly give your character more staying power and more firepower I will contend that, in my opinion, using Champion Points is not a positive reflection of how PvP in TESO was originally designed. I have over 540 champion levels and am not at a disadvantage in any of the CP based campaigns. Most of my guild mates are also over the 501 threshold.

However, Einherjar (a multi gaming community of friends that has been playing MMOs together for over 14 years now - yes 14 years now), has found that the Non Champion point Cyrodil is more akin to the original PvP in TESO we all fell in love with. It's not for everyone. The 1vX crowd will not find this server to their liking. However, it is a place to find unreal group V group combat and to enjoy group based activities. Groups as small as 5 can be extremely combat effective and can earn loads of AP on Azura's Star.

All of this being said - when Einherjar first got lured to Azura's Star - by our good friend Mrs. Jones (many of you know him hate him or love him he is a friend to EHJ) we found a completely yellow dominated server with a massive presence of Aldmeri Dominion soldiers. We had found a place to fight numbers far greater than ourselves and to hone our combat skills in this new environment that really does require awesome co-ordination and group synergy to be successful. Especially against larger numbers as your resource pools are lower - and your regen rates are much lower. We fought and fought - and eventually wore down the AD zerg. We pushed them to their gates and owned the server - coming back from an 8 thousand point deficit and winning the campaign on our DC characters. Through all this it was essentially a 2 faction campaign. My guild, another small DC guild and a bunch of DC newer players versus a horde of Aldmeri Dominion that sometimes numbered 50-60 strong. Ebonheart had essentially zero presence and to this day has limited participation in the campaign gaining the low pop bonus here.

So my guild decided that it would be a good idea to make a real effort at creating a balanced campaign. One that is fun for all factions. We hail back to the days of Wabbajack and other large campaigns as well as some of the smaller campaigns that were competitive and fun for everyone. We really want that to be the case on Azura's Star. We rolled Ebonheart Characters and with the recent change to leveling found the process fairly simple. We spent our first night on Azura's last night - most of us with key abilities not leveled up and missing core abilities gained from Alliance Ranks and Mages / Fighters / Undaunted guild levels. We did fairly well reaping 250K AP in about 3 hours of play time never going above 12 people in our group.

To that end: We are looking for a strong - but not essentially huge - DC guild to come and fight us and the AD on the server. We are looking for any Ebonheart players looking for a new home to have fun and compete in PvP the way I believe the game was meant to be played to come and join us on Azura's Star. We want a 3 way fun and competitive campaign - but we cannot do that without more players from DC and more players from EP. I am not talking about turning the campaign into the next mega zerg server. The lag free environment is one we enjoy and want to stay that way. However, it cannot be a fun three way battle without more willing combatants from EP and DC.

I am found quite easily in game if you want to ask me any questions about the differences between the non CP and the CP camps. I have spent loads of time in all of them. I am happy to share experience and tips about how to setup / gear your toons. We want good fights - respectable fights - fun tells between frenemies. We want YOU to come and help us bring a balanced and fun campaign option to Azura's!!

See you all out there.

#makecyrodilgreatagain

I'm astounded you are basicly blaming AD for doing this, at no point did you say that AD could use more players, we have been on this campaign in last place for 2 months now, just gotten emp after a month of blue torture from a blue exploiting emp, we only have 1 guild who frequent playing this and we are all made up of pugs, while your calling for guilds to help DC and EP you are leaving us AD out in the dirt. also I have gotten whispers from you in chat that you will gate camp us again and to personally keep us last place. If you do this you are going against your whole message of playing fair. I would love for more EP on, but that being said I don't want it to over tip the scale the whole campaign for your agenda of keeping AD locked up in last.

Your reading skills are a lot like your in game skills. I never laid blame anywhere in my post - only sought for more players to come and make this campaign a three way fight - not just a two way fight between the DC zerg that shows up when the server is blue - and the AD zerg that shows up when the server is yellow. PvP is what this is about - not PvDoor. Yes - AD takes all the keeps after everyone logs off - maintains a 12-18 person response team basically all day - and yes - you move as one big pile most of the time. However, I don't mind all that - it's your path to success - greatly outnumber the enemy and do whatever you can to overwhelm with numbers.

If we had additional nightly EP presence combined with one solid guild from DC - the server would be a lot of fun - and a 3 way fight. Your zerg V DC V the 12-16 EP that are on the server.

I will do my best to make sure AD won't ever win this campaign again as long as I am playing TESO - that's true - but that's not because of this post or because of your constant crying in tells. That's because of your actions when we first came to the server as DC and how you constantly back capped warden and rayles when there were no scrolls and you didn't care if it was PvDoor. I remember the first time I killed you at Warden you had 7 people attacking a keep at 8:30 AM EST and me and two other DC were the only ones online. Was Ni Mohk behind the warden gate? Nope. That memory is a lasting one.

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DR took a little detour to Azuras tonight with 10 of us + a few pugs we picked up in zone.

Holy AP, and the emp is so squishy. If not for our commitment to Haderus, we would probably be here more.

The AD zerg is real though, bring friends, this aint a server youre gonna 4vX or something on, they will throw down 20 siege and just sit on keep walls all night with 30+ being scared to engage open field.

But when they do, omg they yield the good stuff lolz. And by that I mean piles of AP. almost 70k in just under 2 hours, all on offense, no farming involved or any defenses needed, they just campcampcamp diediedie. Hell, I got five KBs on the emp as a healer. Its just slaughter. Theres just so many of them you get overwhelmed in any prolonged engagement.

Do want moar pl0x.
    Edited by Rylana on June 17, 2016 3:27AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

Jones can't 1vX at all >:D
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »

Jones can't 1vX at all >:D

QFT
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See you all out there.

#makecyrodilgreatagain

I'm astounded you are basicly blaming AD for doing this, at no point did you say that AD could use more players, we have been on this campaign in last place for 2 months now, just gotten emp after a month of blue torture from a blue exploiting emp, we only have 1 guild who frequent playing this and we are all made up of pugs, while your calling for guilds to help DC and EP you are leaving us AD out in the dirt. also I have gotten whispers from you in chat that you will gate camp us again and to personally keep us last place. If you do this you are going against your whole message of playing fair. I would love for more EP on, but that being said I don't want it to over tip the scale the whole campaign for your agenda of keeping AD locked up in last.

Your reading skills are a lot like your in game skills. I never laid blame anywhere in my post - only sought for more players to come and make this campaign a three way fight - not just a two way fight between the DC zerg that shows up when the server is blue - and the AD zerg that shows up when the server is yellow. PvP is what this is about - not PvDoor. Yes - AD takes all the keeps after everyone logs off - maintains a 12-18 person response team basically all day - and yes - you move as one big pile most of the time. However, I don't mind all that - it's your path to success - greatly outnumber the enemy and do whatever you can to overwhelm with numbers.

If we had additional nightly EP presence combined with one solid guild from DC - the server would be a lot of fun - and a 3 way fight. Your zerg V DC V the 12-16 EP that are on the server.

I will do my best to make sure AD won't ever win this campaign again as long as I am playing TESO - that's true - but that's not because of this post or because of your constant crying in tells. That's because of your actions when we first came to the server as DC and how you constantly back capped warden and rayles when there were no scrolls and you didn't care if it was PvDoor. I remember the first time I killed you at Warden you had 7 people attacking a keep at 8:30 AM EST and me and two other DC were the only ones online. Was Ni Mohk behind the warden gate? Nope. That memory is a lasting one.

This conversation is exactly why the 30 day Campaigns need to be reset after they've finished. When one faction controls the entire map they PVDoor it. It doesn't matter which one it is, it's been done by all factions at times. We've all participated in it so it's time to just stop doing it.

This is the kind of game play that turns people off and makes them go to other campaigns. If you both really want a true 3v3 fighting Campaign then we all need to work together and NOT PVDOOR. Unless your taking a scroll, there's no reason to have control of another factions keeps right by the gate.

So lets make this a Campaign that everyone wants to come fight in. Stop the PVDooring period. If the enemy doesn't have scrolls to be taken, leave the gate keeps alone.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love soloing/1vXing in NonCP, you kidding? Like sure sustain is an issue but thats for everyone, both Xv1ers and 1vXers alike. So a good player should be able to outlast said Xv1ers (depending on numbers). 1vXing is also a little bit easier in some areas as no one hits super hard like in CP campaigns
    Characters:

Magicka Dragonknight, Yoyuyi
    Stamina Dragonknight, -Jombo
    Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo
    Magicka Nightblade, -Wombo
    Magicka Dragonknight, -Combo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

http://imgur.com/a/RWZZ7
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »

See you all out there.

#makecyrodilgreatagain

This conversation is exactly why the 30 day Campaigns need to be reset after they've finished. When one faction controls the entire map they PVDoor it. It doesn't matter which one it is, it's been done by all factions at times. We've all participated in it so it's time to just stop doing it.

This is the kind of game play that turns people off and makes them go to other campaigns. If you both really want a true 3v3 fighting Campaign then we all need to work together and NOT PVDOOR. Unless your taking a scroll, there's no reason to have control of another factions keeps right by the gate.

So lets make this a Campaign that everyone wants to come fight in. Stop the PVDooring period. If the enemy doesn't have scrolls to be taken, leave the gate keeps alone.

Since EHJ went to EP there is at least some three way fighting. DC took a chunk of the map today and we took a 4 man team to stop the siege of Alessia by AD. Was awesome fun - everyone made AP (including AD as they had 14 and we had 4) and while it may have been frustrating to be the AD there - facing DC in the keep and EP in the field...that's how the game is supposed to be played.

However, the raw numbers of AD and their essentially all day coverage and willingness to PvDoor the map....is sometimes frustrating - and leads to my "you won't EVER win this campaign" commentary.

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    DR took a little detour to Azuras tonight with 10 of us + a few pugs we picked up in zone.

Holy AP, and the emp is so squishy. If not for our commitment to Haderus, we would probably be here more.

The AD zerg is real though, bring friends, this aint a server youre gonna 4vX or something on, they will throw down 20 siege and just sit on keep walls all night with 30+ being scared to engage open field.

But when they do, omg they yield the good stuff lolz. And by that I mean piles of AP. almost 70k in just under 2 hours, all on offense, no farming involved or any defenses needed, they just campcampcamp diediedie. Hell, I got five KBs on the emp as a healer. Its just slaughter. Theres just so many of them you get overwhelmed in any prolonged engagement.

Do want moar pl0x.

Hey now, I was one of those PUGs. XD

It was fun, especially when we dethroned Tatty, killing him right on the last flag of his last keep. No disrespect here or anything, I had a great time.

It's good to see an Emperor online and leading troops. Half the time on DC our emperor is someone you've never seen and probably won't, and they definitely aren't leading raid groups to defend their keep.

Anyways, thanks to everyone for the PVP. Good times, and I hope to see you all back!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do want moar pl0x.

Must of missed this . When VE went AD on TF , we went to TF to make up for some of the loss to DC . I left Haderus all together as there were plenty of DC there .
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are the same red guy I have been fighting lately, I have fun :)

I don't play in a group or with other people and I am pretty bad at PvP, but I like fighting the groups on Azura, I don't get those what in the *** just happened moments and the people so far, both opponent and ally have been super cool.

If you want lack of e-peen good fights without all the drama, I highly recommend azuras, and fighting the OP group of 5-6 people is always fun, they give you a solid fight with no ***.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do want moar pl0x.

Must of missed this . When VE went AD on TF , we went to TF to make up for some of the loss to DC . I left Haderus all together as there were plenty of DC there .

Trust me, AD does not need more numbers on Azuras. VE should either stay on True or make appearances on Had when AD is slow. In terms of balancing anyway, the EP presence on Azuras is pretty minimal besides Bitten Kittens group, and any guilds (like ours) that guest in from time to time.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do want moar pl0x.

Trust me, AD does not need more numbers on Azuras. VE should either stay on True or make appearances on Had when AD is slow. In terms of balancing anyway, the EP presence on Azuras is pretty minimal besides Bitten Kittens group, and any guilds (like ours) that guest in from time to time.

No, they don't need more people. The 50 of them steamrolling keeps today were plenty to roll over the 12 EP online and the 20 or so DC that logged right after getting steamrolled at Aleswell.

They had two raids - both of them nearly full - + at least 2 5-10 man groups - all together. Was pretty silly. We really need more DC and EP on this camp and it can be a ton of fun. We were able to back cap BRK and Chal while they got Ales - but then DC logged and those low level keeps were fodder for that powerzerg.

• fablliott
    fablliott

Do want moar pl0x.

No, they don't need more people. The 50 of them steamrolling keeps today were plenty to roll over the 12 EP online and the 20 or so DC that logged right after getting steamrolled at Aleswell.

They had two raids - both of them nearly full - + at least 2 5-10 man groups - all together. Was pretty silly. We really need more DC and EP on this camp and it can be a ton of fun. We were able to back cap BRK and Chal while they got Ales - but then DC logged and those low level keeps were fodder for that powerzerg.

Hey now, i think of myself as rather objective in saying this but, DC has more than enough numbers. AD numbers always fluctuate on Azuras, and a huge majority of AD in azuras = unorganised pugs who dont know how siege works. If you notice, the ones actually on siege are always the same few people, the rest just roll about in the mud and die. When i helped with the AD push, we literally had no more than 10 people on while we were facing twice our number. And from what i've heard about the DC on azuras, (i may be wrong) they are much much more organised than AD. The number of AD who actually uses any form of voice comms are like............ 7 max? Other than Tay's & jidera's group (about 6 folks from haddy who moved over to help out), there are no real organised groups in AD. So while i do agree AD doesnt need more numbers, AD needs better organisation/quality players instead of numbers.

And in all fairness to Tay and Qd, they are pug leaders, they do their best to help those in AD zone by providing a group for them, and try to teach them how PvP works, but as you can see, it's not working out well. I'd say DC & AD are kinda evenly matched in numbers on Azuras ATM, but EP is obvs quite lacking. I was on my EP a couple nights back and joined one of their groups (surprise surprise! other than mikmak/krat/zapfino there actually are other ep! ) and only 1 in their number knew how to run multiple siege, the others (like 2 more) were using fire balistas to hit the keep walls and the rest were.... rolling in the mud and dying too.

Its really good on yall to roll EP and help out, but i feel its not just about bringing ep numbers, but rather to educate the EP players and teach them how PvP works, how its possible to run multiple siege, how counter siege is effective, how to stealth when near an enemy keep, how to be more situational aware etc etc.That is, if there are other EP player in azuras at all :p

• Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @bitaken How exactly does it feel like old pvp? haven't had the will to slug through the current game but if it's that fun, I could be swayed to play in non-cp. I have all yellows though =P

rip decibel
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be fun, but when the map flipped, it flipped hard. Either DC or AD would have complete control, the faction that lost the map would log off while the other would push to the gates, and EP would get stuck ganking in the middle. Eventually it got boring with the population imbalance and a severe lack of EP players/guilds, but it was the most enjoyable pvp I'd experienced in the past year since people didn't hit as hard and resource management was more of a priority.

Someone needs to advertise Azura's to other organized guilds from TF or Haderus, and while your Uncle Sam speech was a nice touch, a flashy video or bullet points are a bit more enticing than a wall of text.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    I'm a solo toon 80% of the time, but I have a NB healer tank I'm willing to throw into this campaign. (My main is waiting for purple rewards from TF :(. )

Any DC need a up front tank, message me, I'd be happy to join groups.

Ummmmm you're supposed to be leveling your AD. Don't make me smack you with a noodle.
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    @bitaken How exactly does it feel like old pvp? haven't had the will to slug through the current game but if it's that fun, I could be swayed to play in non-cp. I have all yellows though =P

It's like old style PvP because if you make a mistake - no matter how good you may be or how well you are setup - you die.

In the CP camps - you have an essentially unlimited pool of resources that enables you to come back from mistakes.

Here - it doesn't happen. You mess up - you eat dirt.

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    fablliott wrote: »

Do want moar pl0x.

Hey now, i think of myself as rather objective in saying this but, DC has more than enough numbers. AD numbers always fluctuate on Azuras, and a huge majority of AD in azuras = unorganised pugs who dont know how siege works. If you notice, the ones actually on siege are always the same few people, the rest just roll about in the mud and die. When i helped with the AD push, we literally had no more than 10 people on while we were facing twice our number. And from what i've heard about the DC on azuras, (i may be wrong) they are much much more organised than AD. The number of AD who actually uses any form of voice comms are like............ 7 max? Other than Tay's & jidera's group (about 6 folks from haddy who moved over to help out), there are no real organised groups in AD. So while i do agree AD doesnt need more numbers, AD needs better organisation/quality players instead of numbers.

And in all fairness to Tay and Qd, they are pug leaders, they do their best to help those in AD zone by providing a group for them, and try to teach them how PvP works, but as you can see, it's not working out well. I'd say DC & AD are kinda evenly matched in numbers on Azuras ATM, but EP is obvs quite lacking. I was on my EP a couple nights back and joined one of their groups (surprise surprise! other than mikmak/krat/zapfino there actually are other ep! ) and only 1 in their number knew how to run multiple siege, the others (like 2 more) were using fire balistas to hit the keep walls and the rest were.... rolling in the mud and dying too.

Its really good on yall to roll EP and help out, but i feel its not just about bringing ep numbers, but rather to educate the EP players and teach them how PvP works, how its possible to run multiple siege, how counter siege is effective, how to stealth when near an enemy keep, how to be more situational aware etc etc.That is, if there are other EP player in azuras at all :p

The hell DC has the numbers, we had about half as many people running siege, and half of those would spend all of their time sniping players off the walls with them. Look! Squirrel!

AD is the night capping faction, and having the tatty super emperor every single night in the middle of their mega pug adds insult to injury. We managed to dethrone you once, and it was amazing. But then we logged back in and it was all yellow again to our gate.

DC needs a much bigger group to deal with that, and a handful of AD could stand going EP, because that faction is hopeless on this server. Seriously I rarely attack them unless the EP shoots first, because I don't want to scare them all off. lol
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

It's like old style PvP because if you make a mistake - no matter how good you may be or how well you are setup - you die.

In the CP camps - you have an essentially unlimited pool of resources that enables you to come back from mistakes.

Here - it doesn't happen. You mess up - you eat dirt.

got anymore room for another old (eso wise lol) player? i'm interested in trying it out but all my guilds are gone

rip decibel
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    a handful of AD could stand going EP, because that faction is hopeless on this server.
    Guess you didn't see the map today. EP took emp around 6 am Central apparently.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
This discussion has been closed.