Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

• Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    Vurian97 wrote: »

I guess I should add that YOU would get more respect if you did less player versus doors. But you wouldn't from the league of mighty 1vx streamers who all look like it's been a while since they were outdoors.

People get mad about "PvDoor" because they were not smart enough to leave a defender there. Which makes their faction look bad for not defending. It is in no way someone else's fault that the only thing that had to deal with was a wall / door blocking them from a capture because someone didn't leave a scout / guard on patrol somewhere. People attempt to shame LoDG and me for using strategies that put us in the upper-hand but yet we won the fight. Isn't the point to win?
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I guess I should add that YOU would get more respect if you did less player versus doors. But you wouldn't from the league of mighty 1vx streamers who all look like it's been a while since they were outdoors.

People get mad about "PvDoor" because they were not smart enough to leave a defender there. Which makes their faction look bad for not defending. It is in no way someone else's fault that the only thing that had to deal with was a wall / door blocking them from a capture because someone didn't leave a scout / guard on patrol somewhere. People attempt to shame LoDG and me for using strategies that put us in the upper-hand but yet we won the fight. Isn't the point to win?

I'm not knocking it... someone has to PvD.

Just saying you would get more respect if it was PvD with defenders.

It really only take ~5 with a ram and 3 ballista to take down any door relatively quickly. Sometimes it's the thing to do, sometimes it's the easier thing to do, and sometimes it's a little lame.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't the point to win?

I think for most of us, since this is a game, the point is to have fun.

And in a game like this, fun is a two way street. When one side (and all factions have done this) actively engages in and defends gameplay that makes the game unfun for other sides, if it doesn't reverse it's a downhill slope and no fun for anyone. Or worse, promotes toxic attitudes and behavior on all sides. It's the tug of war over who might win or lose that is fun, and that requires a worthy foe. When one group engages in sealclubbing -- like chasing solo players halfway across the map or setting up a siege line in a 24v2 or taking a resource solo and having 20 people show up to kill you -- people complain because there's no fun in a massively one-sided conflict.

Would you have fun if every EP and AD abandoned Azuras and it was 100% solid blue and you had no one to fight? That would be winning! Would you log in and sit for hours staring at a blue map gloating that you were winning? Would you want to log in nightly to be sure you were there in case you needed to zerg down a few noobs that wandered into the wrong campaign?

If the answer is no, then maybe you are also here to participate in some fun.
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Would you have fun if every EP and AD abandoned Azuras and it was 100% solid blue and you had no one to fight? That would be winning! Would you log in and sit for hours staring at a blue map gloating that you were winning? Would you want to log in nightly to be sure you were there in case you needed to zerg down a few noobs that wandered into the wrong campaign?

I won, time to keep it my home campaign and guest to another campaign to PvP on while keeping that one blue.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I won, time to keep it my home campaign and guest to another campaign to PvP on while keeping that one blue.

Well now you know why the old core DC left Azuras or re-rolled instead of playing with you, why AD didn't want you and why the core DC on Haderus that hung in there despite being well outnumbered for months all logged out last night rather than play with you.

• Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭

Well now you know why the old core DC left Azuras or re-rolled instead of playing with you, why AD didn't want you and why the core DC on Haderus that hung in there despite being well outnumbered for months all logged out last night rather than play with you.

If I have that much of an effect, then you are implying that I am accomplished and that I am winning wherever I end up.

I thank you for that.
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno...I think I used the right words there hun...you resistance of self reflection is just astonishing. Besides, you speak another language as well as I speak English...then you get to complain about my spelling.
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    Humphie wrote: »
    I dunno...I think I used the right words there hun...you resistance of self reflection is just astonishing. Besides, you speak another language as well as I speak English...then you get to complain about my spelling.

When you want to actively talk trash on an English Forum on an English Server, be prepared to be chided for your English.

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the Alliance War, Imperial City, and Grammar section of the ESO forums.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you want to actively talk trash on an English Forum on an English Server, be prepared to be chided for your English.

When you want to actively talk trash on an English Forum on an English Server (american btw), be prepared to be chided for actually being bad at whatever it is you do. Good night now hun! <3
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE
    Player vs English

Maybe Vurian can hold this Emp for longer then 46 minutes...
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very few would find it impressive you managed to hit all the keeps where enemy players are not at. First of all cause the keeps where there are not enemy players is always obvious to anyone. (anywhere outside the emp ring)

Second, cause what they want to accomplish is inherently diffrent than what you want to accomplish. Most players and guilds are into winning fights against other players and guilds. For some playing the map is a acessory objective to winning fights against others. (Me atm) For some it doesn't matter at all. Very few care about map control. Therefore they don't appreciate it if you play the map well by hitting weak points. They see it is cheating or abusing a broken mechanic because you are going around the most important aspect of PvP for most players. The fights.
    Edited by NACtron on February 27, 2017 12:45AM
    Pact Militia GM
    Nikolai the Nord - Stamplar

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    PvE
    Player vs English

*than
    • PC/NA
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    PvE
    Player vs English

*than

Haha, son of a b.....

You've seen my zone chat though, I have no shame when it comes to butchering the English language, haha.

Edited by Taylor_MB on February 27, 2017 1:47AM
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    Good job to whoever is actively leaking Legion of Death Gaming's location to a select AD guild. Everywhere we went, they had an entire group waiting on us tonight, including their random zerg.

To make things better, I posted in zone chat about the leaking and instantly got whispered by a Lord of AD trying to claim they weren't leaking.

Is this what Azura's Star has come to? Spies?
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job to whoever is actively leaking Legion of Death Gaming's location to a select AD guild. Everywhere we went, they had an entire group waiting on us tonight, including their random zerg.

To make things better, I posted in zone chat about the leaking and instantly got whispered by a Lord of AD trying to claim they weren't leaking.

It's all the Vurian charme. Did I spell it right hun?
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my god, this is too funny. Don't flatter yourself thinking we care enough about you to have spies.

You have an active imagination, Vurian, but not strategic enough to change your highly predictable patterns. You take Vlast, take Brindle, zerg the resources 1 by 1 (which slows you down), then head to Nikel where we wipe you.

We don't need spies to know where you are. Whenever Vlast flags we start taking bets if its your group or not, when 80% of the time it is determined it is your group, any spare AD comes to the next location in your chain for easy killing (sometimes Brindle, sometimes we wait for Nikel if we are otherwise occupied).

Or maybe, we took your advice:
    People get mad about "PvDoor" because they were not smart enough to leave a defender there. Which makes their faction look bad for not defending.
    It is so hilarious you are raging at us for something you suggested we do.

Edit: Also, when you start attacking AD home keeps when EP is down to 1 Emp keep, hells yeah we are coming after you hard, *** move ;).

Edited by Taylor_MB on February 27, 2017 6:14AM
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    goldberg.gif
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    Just so you are, I was referencing the 30 AD who were waiting for 16 of us at Sej. I knew Nikel was going to be hit-or-miss.

We had not ran by any AD at all in our route to Sejanus, nor did any other DC. We killed a few at Chal LM, peeled back to keep and then moved. Still met the zerg at Sej though even though you owned BRK.

• Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so you are, I was referencing the 30 AD who were waiting for 16 of us at Sej. I knew Nikel was going to be hit-or-miss.

We had not ran by any AD at all in our route to Sejanus, nor did any other DC. We killed a few at Chal LM, peeled back to keep and then moved. Still met the zerg at Sej though even though you owned BRK.
    It's an obvious and predictable cut off point. All it takes is 1 person semi idle there to call out in zone.

You also said:
    Everywhere we went
    So either you are lying about only talking about Sej, or lying about it being everywhere you went. Either way, liar.

Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    My main point is that when we arrived on the porch, without being spotted, all of TM and an AD random zerg was already up ontop of Sej. Everywhere and anywhere, they were definitely there. However, Sej specifically, guaranteed leaked, you don't just have 30+ people sitting there expecting a cut-off attack. It would be 1 thing for a guild to sit there, but the pug zerg would not be sitting there too.

It also isn't the first time we've had this problem. Same thing happened roughly 2 months ago except with a select EP guild that eventually folded and merged into another.
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main point is that when we arrived on the porch, without being spotted, all of TM and an AD random zerg was already up ontop of Sej. Everywhere and anywhere, they were definitely there. However, Sej specifically, guaranteed leaked, you don't just have 30+ people sitting there expecting a cut-off attack. It would be 1 thing for a guild to sit there, but the pug zerg would not be sitting there too.

It also isn't the first time we've had this problem. Same thing happened roughly 2 months ago except with a select EP guild that eventually folded and merged into another.

If you talk about BADS...we disbanded cause we didn't like our fanboi #1

• Munavar
    Munavar
    ✭✭✭
    @Vurian97
    I was not there tonight specifically by if you are trying to infer that TM is expending any amount of energy (never mind employing spies) in regards to you\LoDG you may want to re-evaluate. There is one member who has a comment from time to time but usually, (as was stated recently) if Vlast or Brindle is being lit there are comments of 'I wager it is Varian' and that is about it.

If you are trolling in an attempt to garner a 'nemesis' for your guild you would be better served continuing to poke at the various EP groups. There may be a new AD guild (TD) that may be of interest to you. Only seen them in zone a few days now.
    Dae - TM
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭

We don't need spies to know where you are. Whenever Vlast flags we start taking bets if its your group or not, when 80% of the time it is determined it is your group, any spare AD comes to the next location in your chain for easy killing (sometimes Brindle, sometimes we wait for Nikel if we are otherwise occupied).

So that's why AD kept showing up when Aeko and I went to flip flags at vlas/brindle.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »

So that's why AD kept showing up when Aeko and I went to flip flags at vlas/brindle.

If you're lucky they come in 1-2 at a time for some sweeeeet AP.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭

Your what?
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your what?

I am sure you understand, since you are so much smarter than me.
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭

Your what?

I am sure you understand, since you are so much smarter than me.

I wasn't aware that BADS had a fanboi.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My main point is that when we arrived on the porch, without being spotted, all of TM and an AD random zerg was already up ontop of Sej.
    One of our group spotted your guys heading south out of Chal, so when we didn't see you show up at BRK we then checked Sej. Someone called you guys out in zone at Brindle, too, since we were checking keeps and all.

• PC/NA
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah exactly, sorry we've ruined town small scale, haha.

WhiteMage wrote: »

If you're lucky they come in 1-2 at a time for some sweeeeet AP.
    Leave my poor pugs alone :P They are not equipped to deal with you, haha.

Edited by Taylor_MB on February 27, 2017 9:26AM
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

This discussion has been closed.