Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Official Feedback Thread for Templars

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @Joy_Division, at least there is nothing left to "fix" for templars.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cinbri
    that is correct. Templar is "fixed"

fixed like a rigged boxing match
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    I agree with @Joy_Division, at least there is nothing left to "fix" for templars.

Sadly there is a lot left to break :s:'(

42 pages of feedback, more than the combined feedback for DKs, Sorcs and NBs, and we get this patch! I am stonkered and discombobulated by this and by the continued inability of @Wrobel to understand and accept our comments!
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nagarjunna wrote: »

42 pages of feedback, more than the combined feedback for DKs, Sorcs and NBs, and we get this patch! I am stonkered and discombobulated by this and by the continued inability of @Wrobel to understand and accept our comments!

I think he actually views the change to channeled focus as a buff.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Gigasax
    Gigasax
    ✭✭✭✭

What´s even worse is that there is not a SINGLE Dev-Comment... :/
    - Noractis -
    - PC EU -
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, the rezz nerf was necessary and if it actually works like described in the patch notes ( no guarantees there...), they adressed the actual issue this time instead of just singling out and nerfing Templars, while leaving the problem itself untouched. That Templars are still hit hardest by these adjustments and get nothing in return is just par for the course by now.

Considering how many poor mechanics the class has, it's probably not even surprising tbh and most reasonable people will actually agree this stuff has to be fixed. It's just that giving working and well designed stuff to Templars to make them a complete and competitive class seems to be completely beyond ZOS. So with every clean-up of a bugged or poorly designed game mechanic, Templars get weaker and less fun, while the exact opposite should happen.

Case in point the whole charge saga. That's just utterly comical by now and in my 15 years of MMO-gaming one of the absolute worst handlings of an issue that should be relatively minor.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, the rezz nerf was necessary and if it actually works like described in the patch notes ( no guarantees there...), they adressed the actual issue this time instead of just singling out and nerfing Templars, while leaving the problem itself untouched. That Templars are still hit hardest by these adjustments and get nothing in return is just par for the course by now.

Considering how many poor mechanics the class has, it's probably not even surprising tbh and most reasonable people will actually agree this stuff has to be fixed. It's just that giving working and well designed stuff to Templars to make them a complete and competitive class seems to be completely beyond ZOS. So with every clean-up of a bugged or poorly designed game mechanic, Templars get weaker and less fun, while the exact opposite should happen.

Case in point the whole charge saga. That's just utterly comical by now and in my 15 years of MMO-gaming one of the absolute worst handlings of an issue that should be relatively minor.

good fix would be to just change Kagrenac 5pc bonus. Good and simple fix to the isolated issue. What they did intead is ridiculous. I cant even....
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he actually views the change to channeled focus as a buff.

That's the sad part. I think he really does.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Husan wrote: »
    Templar changes in the 2.3.2 PTS patch notes:
    Aedric Spear
    Crescent Sweep (Radial Sweep morph): Increased the bonus to the initial hit provided by this morph to 66% more damage dealt from 33%.
    Empowering Sweep (Radial Sweep morph): Increased the duration of the damage reduction provided by this morph to 10 seconds from 8 seconds.

Focused Charge: The damage from this ability and the Toppling Charge morph can now be dodged.
    Dawn’s Wrath
    Eclipse: Fixed an issue with this ability and the Total Dark morph that was causing your health bar to not update properly whenever you reflected attacks back to yourself.
    Restoring Light
    Rune Focus: All the effects provided by this ability and its morphs will now remain on you for up to 8 seconds after leaving the rune’s radius.

Whether or not all of the changes are appreciated, the highlighted ones seem to indicate an awareness of suggestions people have made in this and other threads on Templars.

And even after today, who knows, we still might see more Templar changes by the time Thieve's Guild goes live.

In any case, I didn't want to fill up this thread with more of my ideas about overhauls and tweaks, so I moved all of that over here.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started an additional thread in the General Discussion forum requesting a Vision statement and Roadmap from @Wrobel and company.

I am seeing a lot more retirement statements from players about their beloved Templar. That is sad. Would the last Templar out, please close the door and turn off the lights?

It's here:

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/247350/an-open-letter-to-zos-from-a-very-concerned-templar#latest
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »

good fix would be to just change Kagrenac 5pc bonus. Good and simple fix to the isolated issue. What they did intead is ridiculous. I cant even....

Then the set would probably just be useless and we don't need any more of these either. The change to the mechanic was ok, what's not ok is to nerf an outside of this niche already underwhelming passive of the class with the by far and beyond worst passives to begin with without some improvements to them as well.

Of course in ZOS typical fashion they opened the exact same can of worms with the new heal debuffing set and heal debuffs stacking. It's unbelievable how much work they have to spend to clean up **** that could have been avoided with a little foresight and planning.

Unifying ( most of ) the actively casted buffs into the major/minor categories was a good move overall, why not do something similar for the passive ones, instead of painfully adjusting every single one of them individually ? That work adds up quickly and let's not forget the grief from the players who will have to deal with these problems for months usually.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »

Then the set would probably just be useless and we don't need any more of these either. The change to the mechanic was ok, what's not ok is to nerf an outside of this niche already underwhelming passive of the class with the by far and beyond worst passives to begin with without some improvements to them as well.

Of course in ZOS typical fashion they opened the exact same can of worms with the new heal debuffing set and heal debuffs stacking. It's unbelievable how much work they have to spend to clean up **** that could have been avoided with a little foresight and planning.

Unifying ( most of ) the actively casted buffs into the major/minor categories was a good move overall, why not do something similar for the passive ones, instead of painfully adjusting every single one of them individually ? That work adds up quickly and let's not forget the grief from the players who will have to deal with these problems for months usually.

I think we agree with each other. This is my problem:

We have 4 players, one of each class, who all unlocked their class passives. Then all 4 of them onlock Battle res passive from PvP skillline. That passive will give the same bonus to DK, NB and Sorc, but it will give less to Templar, because his class passives.

THis is totally unacceptable and game breaking in my opinion. Classes are no longer formally equal. They simply have to find another way and there are several more ways how they could do it, but not like this. No, just no way. :s
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Focused Charge: The damage from this ability and the Toppling Charge morph can now be dodged.

The hilarious (and incredibly sad) thing about this is that they were specifically working on this skill to limit its functionality but didn't bother to fix the major, crippling problems it has with pathing and that aweful slow animation at the point of impact. You guys are driving me to drink.

It can also be reflected (as a projectile). is there another gap closer that can?
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division

june 2015
    you eclipsed me at Alessia just as I was casting Radiant Oppression on you from the wall. You should of seen my reaction as I was trying to cancel my own cast. BoL saved me that day. Meth killed me an hour later. then I was target by rosibabe for like for ever.
    Great times back then

Thank you for those memories

Good times indeed. That's what is so frustrating about the game. It CAN be so good.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Essiaga wrote: »

The hilarious (and incredibly sad) thing about this is that they were specifically working on this skill to limit its functionality but didn't bother to fix the major, crippling problems it has with pathing and that aweful slow animation at the point of impact. You guys are driving me to drink.

It can also be reflected (as a projectile). is there another gap closer that can?

Wait, what? That charge is a projectile? Does anyone know if DK chains can be reflected at all on pts? If it is somehow a projectile that could be part of the problem as to why the skill acts so odd.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going off of the handling of focused charge, breath of life, and master ritualist after they were apparently topics of discussion, I think I am going to start watching the Templar segment of the PvP Podcast so that can get a heads up on any incoming Templar nerfs.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense intended towards Eric Wrobel or any of the developers or staff at ZOS, this is all in the spirit of joking around and having fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrhJe1f9Ylw
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome video
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    No offense intended towards Eric Wrobel or any of the developers or staff at ZOS, this is all in the spirit of joking around and having fun.

Just loved to see how you got rooted and your Jabs hit into empty air because you cannot turn since they chsnged how the camera works.
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
  • Radburn
    Radburn
    ✭✭✭
    If ZOS does take input from streams and we don't have any streamers representing the Templar class that is a problem in itself. They should have the foresight to realize:
    1. Maybe streamers don't play the Templar class because it gets wrecked in PVP and no streamer in their right mind would stream themselves getting destroyed.
    2. When you have feedback threads of this magnitude it's a sign there is a VERY real problem and you should not ignore it.

Why would you build your house in the sewers!?
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radburn wrote: »
    If ZOS does take input from streams and we don't have any streamers representing the Templar class that is a problem in itself. They should have the foresight to realize:
    1. Maybe streamers don't play the Templar class because it gets wrecked in PVP and no streamer in their right mind would stream themselves getting destroyed.
    2. When you have feedback threads of this magnitude it's a sign there is a VERY real problem and you should not ignore it.

Why would you build your house in the sewers!?

Occasionally one must go into the undercroft to clean out the rats
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radburn wrote: »

I just can't understand why ZOS cannot understand either of those two points. They are the crux of the issue.

Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should petition for Channeled Focus to be renamed to "Wrobel Home" to encourage a mobility change.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »

Wait, what? That charge is a projectile? Does anyone know if DK chains can be reflected at all on pts? If it is somehow a projectile that could be part of the problem as to why the skill acts so odd.
    No, you can't reflect dk Chains.
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    Time for a Management change it looks like to me.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »

No, you can't reflect dk Chains.

That's what I remember seeing in the patch notes, that is really strange. The problems charge has is likely tied to this then, @ZOS_GinaBruno, could this get passed to the combat team so they can check there in particular? The whole 'a melee charge can be reflected" part?
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those who haven't seen it ... http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/247804/pts-patch-notes-v2-3-2#latest
    Abilities which give bonuses to resurrection speed now stack multiplicatively, rather than additively. This will result in slower resurrection cast speeds when stacking multiple bonuses.

Aedric Spear
    Crescent Sweep (Radial Sweep morph): Increased the bonus to the initial hit provided by this morph to 66% more damage dealt from 33%.

Empowering Sweep (Radial Sweep morph): Increased the duration of the damage reduction provided by this morph to 10 seconds from 8 seconds.

Dawn’s Wrath
    Eclipse: Fixed an issue with this ability and the Total Dark morph that was causing your health bar to not update properly whenever you reflected attacks back to yourself.

Restoring Light
    Rune Focus: All the effects provided by this ability and its morphs will now remain on you for up to 8 seconds after leaving the rune’s radius.

I'll not jump to judgment on the Sweeps changes. Cresent seems promising. The rest meh. I know some of you receive the magicka regen out side the rune already on live. My templar does not.

The resurrection alterations would be fine by me if they change the Templar passive. Make us more equal but giving up the "best rezzer alive" title and giving us some more regen, stat stating w/number of skills slotted, or passive buff (such as evasion) when casting Resto-light abilities to help us protect/defend our "house."
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think the better change would have been to put a cooldown on being ressed over and over -rather than hitting ress speed or sickness. This would really prevent the problem people have, where large groups are being ressed over and over in fights. But this probably goes against some ZOS philosophy of players not being able to play the game or something even though they can always release.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Think the better change would have been to put a cooldown on being ressed over and over -rather than hitting ress speed or sickness. This would really prevent the problem people have, where large groups are being ressed over and over in fights. But this probably goes against some ZOS philosophy of players not being able to play the game or something even though they can always release.

This, the issue wasn't rez speed it's no rez sickness. The issue I have with ZOS is they don't ever pick the correct changes that fix the underlying issue. They only treat the symptoms, they don't understand the WHY's of their own game. They ALWAYS pick the EASY fix, even if it doesn't actually fix anything.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should petition for Channeled Focus to be renamed to "Wrobel Home" to encourage a mobility change.

Bahahaha, that's clever. Strong work, strong work.