Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Templar Skills Bugged/made useless - IGNORED

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nagarjunna wrote: »
    It is somewhat ironic that within a few posts mentioning a 'DK issue' we get a response.

Is it just me or am I somewhat cynical and paranoid here? :)
    That had nothing to do with it, it was just a coincidence. ;)
    CP5 wrote: »
    Hey guys! We're going to go through a lot of the concerns from this thread and give you all some updates this week. We'll do our best to hit each topic, and appreciate your feedback and reports since the last update we gave you. Just to set expectations, tomorrow's patch is very small, and there are no Templar fixes included (this actually goes for every class). Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and we'll touch base sometime tomorrow.

Thanks for the update, and I hate sounding like a broken record player in saying this but, can sorcerer's expect some sort of update on the potential changes?
    There are a number of Sorcerer changes going into the next major update (including making stamina sorcs more viable), but don't have any solid info at the moment.

Can we get the dev Sorc updates in a Sorc thread and not the Templar thread. Sorcs get responses to their QQ even more in the Templar thread.
    Edited by timidobserver on May 18, 2015 6:12PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is somewhat ironic that within a few posts mentioning a 'DK issue' we get a response.

Hey guys! We're going to go through a lot of the concerns from this thread and give you all some updates this week. We'll do our best to hit each topic, and appreciate your feedback and reports since the last update we gave you. Just to set expectations, tomorrow's patch is very small, and there are no Templar fixes included (this actually goes for every class). Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and we'll touch base sometime tomorrow.

Thanks for the update, and I hate sounding like a broken record player in saying this but, can sorcerer's expect some sort of update on the potential changes?
    There are a number of Sorcerer changes going into the next major update (including making stamina sorcs more viable), but don't have any solid info at the moment.

Can we get the dev Sorc updates in a Sorc thread and not the Templar thread..

As soon as we get the sorcs out of the Templar thread.

peter-griffin-gif-14.gif
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Can we get the dev Sorc updates in a Sorc thread and not the Templar thread. Sorcs get responses to their QQ even more in the Templar thread.

Seriously even in the Templar thread sorcs get better support on issues than Templars do. How do sorcs rate more buff-age and class improvements over Templar broken skills O.o

Please fix the most broken class in the game before you improve the other three classes.
    Edited by Skwor on May 18, 2015 6:19PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    You forgot one more bug that exist since 1.6: addition projectiles from Reflective Light are missing target when lost LOS.
    P.S. Don't even dare to remove healing debuff from Dark Flare.

If it gets a chance to instant cast, why not? Atleast you'll be actually hitting targets with it then.
    Increasing projectile speed would be enough for increasing dps. I remeber 1.5 when heal depression wasn't screwed and how 1 dark flare could change th course of battle. However with all what happened in 1.6 chance insta cast and heal depression will make it good once again.

Yes, but in order to not become overpowered, it should lose the aoe heal debuff, but keep the single target debuff, whilst also losing the empower buff.

So.... Dark Flare: chance to instant cast with single target heal debuff, minus the empower buff.

To be honest, I am not sure with the fascination you have with Solar Flare and insta-cast. It would represent but a marginal increase to DPS and would not solve the inherent problem that this is easily avoided by enemies and is not that much DPS anyway. If we are going to lose the heal debuff, then we are left with a low DPS skill that is easily avoided that is occasionally insta-cast (and still easily avoided) that loses its one redeeming quality in PvP.

This skill is just bad DPS and in order to take advantage of its empower, you can't weave in a medium attack which is a DPS loss and defeats the whole purpose of using this skill to buff DPS!

The only use I have had with this skill is in PvP against opponents who are unaware and incapable of defensing themselves ... which, annoyingly, is how *ALL* templar skills need to be used to have any appreciable effect.
    Edited by Joy_Division on May 18, 2015 6:58PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Quick update - we've compiled all the potential bugs and feedback from this thread and will be investigating. We'll provide an update as soon as we can!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick update - we've compiled all the potential bugs and feedback from this thread and will be investigating. We'll provide an update as soon as we can!

Well tahnk you. I just hope this isn;t going to be a standard "This is working as intended." and "This is a bug that will eventually be fixed>" but rather a serious look at concerns beyond possible bugs. The bugs are bad, and I don't think we are as bad off as some would make out, but some real QOL changes and evaluation of even working abilities being viable would go a long way. Like removing the KB form jabs and replacting it with something that doesn't call for CC immunity, or make it a much better CC to match the immunity it gives, just as one, definitely not all inclusive; single example.

Oh and; bring back blinding flashes please! (selfish plug.)
    Edited by technohic on May 18, 2015 8:21PM
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And make the jesus beam damage the caster if used before target is under 50%. =)
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, how about this - Radiant Glory morph working like Blinding Flashes (or just giving buff that like nbs giving you 20% dodge chance) while Radiant Oppression works as execute. Don't even need to change morph names as it perfect matches morphs.
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭

Just make sure you don't forget about the proc chance for Dark Flare. This is a most important solution to make Templar casters on par with Sorcerer casters.
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Komma wrote: »
    And make the jesus beam damage the caster if used before target is under 50%. =)

No, the beam is not even one of the best abilities in the game it is only the Templars best ability and honestly it is weak at that compared to other classes abilities such as crystal frags or fear to mention few.

If anything the beam needs upped in damage.
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too many suggestions - I suggest we fix what is broken and then assess.

The ideas presented are good ones - but I'd actually like to see the bugs fixed and then see if things need tweaking.

@nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • Estelee
    Estelee
    ✭✭
    I have another request about burning light and its morhps, can this be changed from fire damage to magic based damage?
    ( also do want those new animations ) It is the only templar skill that does not benefit from Thaumaturge at the moment and is the only real dot we have. Would love to see this get boosted with my other skills as well.
    Peace to you Friends.
  • Sharakor
    Sharakor
    ✭✭✭
    Forget about templar skills, the entire class is garbage in PvP. Magicka, light armor-using templars are an absolute free kill for anyone (even much lower levels). I don't know why ZOS hasn't removed the ability for templars to use more than 3-5 light armor pieces on templars while in PvP to spare customers of the annoyance of the effects of bad decisions.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Komma wrote: »
    Or a 30 second GCD with flashing at the top of the screen an easily readable Judge Komma Dispenses Death Sentence!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had a thought. What if Blazing shield kept the damage and radiant ward had it disorient those it hit rather than damage? Sort of a blinding flashes aspect added to it to make it an escape like shield.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Just had a thought. What if Blazing shield kept the damage and radiant ward had it disorient those it hit rather than damage? Sort of a blinding flashes aspect added to it to make it an escape like shield.
    That would be awesome. Actually makes that morph choice difficult. Blinding flashes -like morph would be in the tanking skill line where it should have been.
  • Yoven
    Yoven
    ✭✭✭

This is actually a good idea. Mostly because the current morph adds nothing of value. I too miss Blinding Flashes as a skill.

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, you guyz missed pts when BS caused stun of damaged targets. It caused such butthurt.
    Anyway only thing zos will add is possibly 20% evade chance, as they stated that 50% miss chance like dks one from flashes was too OP against brainless programmed code calling mobs. Well, if it was OP against brainless mobs and ZOS somehow believed it is too far omega OP against real life players and removed it, than they just won't add it again. :dizzy:
    Edited by Cinbri on May 19, 2015 6:52AM
  • Yoven
    Yoven
    ✭✭✭
    Well, you guyz missed pts when BS caused stun of damaged targets. It caused such butthurt.
    Anyway only thing zos will add is possibly 20% evade chance, as they stated that 50% miss chance like dks one from flashes was too OP against brainless programmed code calling mobs. Well, if it was OP against brainless mobs and ZOS somehow believed it is too far omega OP against real life players and removed it, than they just won't add it again. :dizzy:

I would settle for Major Evasion as an added effect for Radiant Ward. As well as a damage increase for Blazing Shield.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yoven wrote: »

I would settle for Major Evasion as an added effect for Radiant Ward. As well as a damage increase for Blazing Shield.
    I would agree with that + increasing duration for RW, maybe even minor evasion. Will be kinda hard to choose between morphs. However people can waste stamina for Shuffle with combination of BS (like i doing now), it will make BS still preferable morph, since damage shield with aoe damage, while weak spot will be covered by Shuffle.
    And about Rune Focus - now Channeled Focus mostly only skill for templars with resource (mana) managment as it adds 480 magicka regen, you just can cast it and forget, this making this morph mostly preferable. To make Restoring Focus as good as CF, need to change Minor heal buff to Major. +30% healing buff while you rooted to Rune radius as it works only inside it, will make it worthfull morph and as good as dks armor skill that granting them mobile 12%healing buff. However it will be too OP in pve tanking :(
    Still Templar is "hold your ground" class, so he needs stamina managment. DKs has stamina return on ability cast passive. Maybe templar Restoring Focus should return stamina like CF returning magicka, or Change absolutely useless Honor the Dead with not just magicka return on low hp target but also some amount of stamina, this will force templar to choose - pocket smart strongest healing or resources managment solo target healing.
    Edited by Cinbri on May 19, 2015 8:47AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So who has other classes at VR14 as well as Templar? Just wondering what its like. I am imagining each has stuff equally as bad but I am really frustrated by some of the clunky-ness of my templar to where I wind up spamming things as it becomes the most reliable. Sometimes I hit an ability and then weapon swap to do something else, and I am sure I press my hotkey before may swap key as I have done it ad nauseam, specifically watching for it, and the first ability I pressed does not go off at all or it triggers the ability on the weapon bar I just swapped to.

It sucks because I liked the idea of the limited hotbar to do more thinking and reaction rather than rotations, but its actually not responsive enough to be like that and it winds up being a rotation anyway.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    So who has other classes at VR14 as well as Templar? Just wondering what its like. I am imagining each has stuff equally as bad but I am really frustrated by some of the clunky-ness of my templar to where I wind up spamming things as it becomes the most reliable. Sometimes I hit an ability and then weapon swap to do something else, and I am sure I press my hotkey before may swap key as I have done it ad nauseam, specifically watching for it, and the first ability I pressed does not go off at all or it triggers the ability on the weapon bar I just swapped to.

It sucks because I liked the idea of the limited hotbar to do more thinking and reaction rather than rotations, but its actually not responsive enough to be like that and it winds up being a rotation anyway.
    I've heard everyone else has similar responsiveness problems with weapon swap. They tried to fix it at some point by loading both weapon sets at once but still sluggish coming out of each swap.

My newly minted v1 (vet rank one) 7/7 cloth fire vamp DK does a ton more damage than my v14 Templar and I rarely die on the DK because the responsiveness is spectacular. Self-buffed through the roof on long timers. It's like night and day. Coming out of weapon swap is still as sluggish, though I put all my buffs on ability bar 2.

I'm wondering how much a beast my DK would be if it was spec'd 2H stam, but it's a Dunmer.

My new Sorc has crazy high burst damage, great for soloing on a crafting mule.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still Templar is "hold your ground" class, so he needs stamina managment. DKs has stamina return on ability cast passive. Maybe templar Restoring Focus should return stamina like CF returning magicka, or Change absolutely useless Honor the Dead with not just magicka return on low hp target but also some amount of stamina, this will force templar to choose - pocket smart strongest healing or resources managment solo target healing.

I like you idea on Honor the Dead.
    But I'd very love to see Radiant Aura work like Channeled Focus instead of buffing regenerations. So, when activated, it returns X amount of stamina and health per Y seconds for Z seconds. Let's say 600 for the full duration, would be fair. And make it cost similar to what it gives. Basicly a trade of magicka for much needed stamina. Why not?

edit/ Another idea(better), it may be something similar to Rally. When activated, it returns X amount of stamina and health per Y seconds for Z seconds. When it re-activated before the duration end, it gives a flood of stamina based on duration left.(this part will work exactly how Rally works.) This one can go for the other morph as well.

Both versions would give it a life again imo.
    Edited by Soris on May 20, 2015 2:10PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glak wrote: »

I've heard everyone else has similar responsiveness problems with weapon swap. They tried to fix it at some point by loading both weapon sets at once but still sluggish coming out of each swap.

My newly minted v1 (vet rank one) 7/7 cloth fire vamp DK does a ton more damage than my v14 Templar and I rarely die on the DK because the responsiveness is spectacular. Self-buffed through the roof on long timers. It's like night and day. Coming out of weapon swap is still as sluggish, though I put all my buffs on ability bar 2.

I'm wondering how much a beast my DK would be if it was spec'd 2H stam, but it's a Dunmer.

My new Sorc has crazy high burst damage, great for soloing on a crafting mule.

I may have to just finally level a new class up then and see how it goes. I do keep buffs and heals on a second bar but thats part of the annoyance, seems particularly if I want to cast Blazing Shield before switching over. I have to block or dodge to animation cancel the shield otherwise its slow and clunky, but trying to animation cancel then switch weapons a lot of times results in a second cast of shield after the swap or no cast at all then some weird delay into purifying ritual or if I just go straight into BOL before I heal, and then that likes to fail if it cast blazing shield after the swap. I could just go on and on as it doesn't seem to stop there obviously, since I use Toppling Charge...

Anyway; I have always wanted to play a sorc or a NB even without the percieved notion of their power. Like the teleport ability with shades and am always jealous of the blinking around sorcs do so might as well just have some fun with another class.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    As promised, below is an update for some of the issues called out in this thread. Note that we tried to focus on what sounded like potential bugs, and not necessarily all of the ability feedback (though we did pass it along!)

• Eclipse does not work properly when using other abilities, such as Burning Talons.
      • We’re aware of this issue, and are working on a fix.
    • Focused Charge animation still occasionally gets stuck, and has a global cooldown.
      • We’ll take another look and see why some of you are still getting stuck. As for the GCD, it’s an extremely small number and is intended for this ability. There was previously an issue where using this ability would lock you out of using other spells for a few seconds (which was not intended), and has since been fixed.
    • You cannot get benefit from the Focused Healing passive if you rapidly cast Purifying Ritual and Breath of Life. You have to wait until the first HOT tick to get that passive work which is 2 seconds.
      • We’re aware, and working on a fix for this.
    • Puncturing Strikes grants a CC immunity to every target it hits, regardless if they are hit by the knockback.
      • We looked into this, and found that the only player who gains CC immunity is the closest person who gets hit by the knockback. If you’re seeing otherwise, please pass along some additional information (exact repro steps, videos, etc.)
    • The healing pool from Purifying Light disappears as soon as the mob has died.
      • This is currently working the way we intended, though we are making some tweaks to this ability in the next major update.
    • Projectiles from Reflective Light are missing the target when LOS is lost.
      • We’d like to request some additional information for this issue so we can investigate further.
    • Standing in Extended Ritual or Channeled Focus does not give you any healing bonus to Repentance (Focus Healing passive).
      • We’re aware of this issue, and are still investigating a potential fix for it.
    • Repentance doesn't scale with Mending passive, and also only scales with magicka.
      • We’ll be fixing the issue where Mending isn’t increasing the healing on this ability in our next major update. It was originally by design that Repentance scales off your maximum magicka, but with the changes introduced in Update 6, it makes more sense to make this scale off your highest stats as the ability has no cost. This will be addressed in a future update.
    • Rushed Ceremony has a noticeable animation delay.
      • The launch frame of this ability is just slower than some of the other abilities by design. Since Rushed Ceremony is already very powerful, we’re ok with the fact that part of the skill of using this ability effectively is being able to anticipate damage.
    • Sun Fire has a slow projectile speed.
      • This will be addressed in the next major update.
    • Templar instant casts with long animations can be interrupted.
      • If you’re seeing this particular issue, we’d like some additional information so we can investigate.
    • Unable to mount after healing someone that’s still in combat.
      • This is actually linked to guards and their behavior in combat; we’re going to re-evaluate and see what we can do to improve this issue.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this is where u all have been all day :p
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As promised, below is an update for some of the issues called out in this thread. Note that we tried to focus on what sounded like potential bugs, and not necessarily all of the ability feedback (though we did pass it along!)

• Eclipse does not work properly when using other abilities, such as Burning Talons.
      • We’re aware of this issue, and are working on a fix.
    • Focused Charge animation still occasionally gets stuck, and has a global cooldown.
      • We’ll take another look and see why some of you are still getting stuck. As for the GCD, it’s an extremely small number and is intended for this ability. There was previously an issue where using this ability would lock you out of using other spells for a few seconds (which was not intended), and has since been fixed.
    • You cannot get benefit from the Focused Healing passive if you rapidly cast Purifying Ritual and Breath of Life. You have to wait until the first HOT tick to get that passive work which is 2 seconds.
      • We’re aware, and working on a fix for this.
    • Puncturing Strikes grants a CC immunity to every target it hits, regardless if they are hit by the knockback.
      • We looked into this, and found that the only player who gains CC immunity is the closest person who gets hit by the knockback. If you’re seeing otherwise, please pass along some additional information (exact repro steps, videos, etc.)
    • The healing pool from Purifying Light disappears as soon as the mob has died.
      • This is currently working the way we intended, though we are making some tweaks to this ability in the next major update.
    • Projectiles from Reflective Light are missing the target when LOS is lost.
      • We’d like to request some additional information for this issue so we can investigate further.
    • Standing in Extended Ritual or Channeled Focus does not give you any healing bonus to Repentance (Focus Healing passive).
      • We’re aware of this issue, and are still investigating a potential fix for it.
    • Repentance doesn't scale with Mending passive, and also only scales with magicka.
      • We’ll be fixing the issue where Mending isn’t increasing the healing on this ability in our next major update. It was originally by design that Repentance scales off your maximum magicka, but with the changes introduced in Update 6, it makes more sense to make this scale off your highest stats as the ability has no cost. This will be addressed in a future update.
    • Rushed Ceremony has a noticeable animation delay.
      • The launch frame of this ability is just slower than some of the other abilities by design. Since Rushed Ceremony is already very powerful, we’re ok with the fact that part of the skill of using this ability effectively is being able to anticipate damage.
    • Sun Fire has a slow projectile speed.
      • This will be addressed in the next major update.
    • Templar instant casts with long animations can be interrupted.
      • If you’re seeing this particular issue, we’d like some additional information so we can investigate.
    • Unable to mount after healing someone that’s still in combat.
      • This is actually linked to guards and their behavior in combat; we’re going to re-evaluate and see what we can do to improve this issue.

Thanks a lot Gina for this update.

However, the number of bugs or potential issues that are stated is quite horrifying...
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno but you probably could have done without a lot of this stuff without addressing feedback as you are just going to make people more unhappy or irritate as a lot of the complaints are on poor design that is being ignored to go with the bugs. For some examples, I will go over some things I can see are going to be hot.

Eclipse does not work properly when using other abilities, such as Burning Talons.
    We’re aware of this issue, and are working on a fix.

We honestly are not worried about what it does to DKs abilities and jokes are already made about the rush to fix DK issues while Templars sit unhappy with this ability. This is one of the Templars abilities that often feels more advantagous to their target than the Templar themselves. Its counted as CC, yet the target can still move, heal, dodge and break free at will and get immunity for a CC that never really limits their control. The damage for the morph that hits when it is broken is laughable and the heal for the other morph is likely to never go off unless someone makes a mistake to try to cast an offensive spell while inflicted.
    Puncturing Strikes grants a CC immunity to every target it hits, regardless if they are hit by the knockback.
    We looked into this, and found that the only player who gains CC immunity is the closest person who gets hit by the knockback. If you’re seeing otherwise, please pass along some additional information (exact repro steps, videos, etc.)

Again, this is another ability that is often more advantageous to our target than ourselves due to the knockback of .5 second (half a second) grants the target CC immunity for 5 entire seconds. We really could care less about it doing this to a mob and would just assume the KB go away entirely as we understand why their should be CC immunity to not allow us to chain lock someone but we are now at the opposite end of the spectrum. We would like a root or snare in its place but would be fine with just nothing at all over the knockback that requires CC immunity 10 times the duration of the effect. We've been saying this a million times over since 1.6 and have not even gotten a nod on whether we can expect a change or not.
    Repentance doesn't scale with Mending passive, and also only scales with magicka.
    We’ll be fixing the issue where Mending isn’t increasing the healing on this ability in our next major update. It was originally by design that Repentance scales off your maximum magicka, but with the changes introduced in Update 6, it makes more sense to make this scale off your highest stats as the ability has no cost. This will be addressed in a future update.

Thank you for this as this will surely benefit every templar but Repentance is already the favored morph. The other morph however; is not worth a point spent on it from the base spell. This ability was nerfed greatly by the major/minor buff system and little thought has been seen into any interest in improving it. This likely goes for abilities in the other classes as well but just pointing out this one since its here. Many people are frustrated by this sort of thing that got dropped in 1.6 and we are all left to wait on a balance pass until some mythical "next large update" eluded to not be until after console release so the better part of a year will go by, but whats worse is there is no communication on what it will be after such a long wait.

Rushed Ceremony has a noticeable animation delay.
    The launch frame of this ability is just slower than some of the other abilities by design. Since Rushed Ceremony is already very powerful, we’re ok with the fact that part of the skill of using this ability effectively is being able to anticipate damage.

This is extra frustrating because you posted on this before and mentioned something about shortening it. This was not the way it is now prior to 1.6 and what you call "skill of using this ability effectively is being able to anticipate damage" is actually the opposite because it just becomes "spam the ability like mad and hope you get the heals off while people burst you faster than you can cast it." There's no skill in spamming a skill and the entire game seems to get more and more about spamming skills. That's great because our skill spams slower than others because of this delay.

Sun Fire has a slow projectile speed.
    This will be addressed in the next major update.

I'll end on this one and once again, thank you for at least planning to address it but this sums up every templar skill now that you confirm the delay in Rushed Ceremony (ironic its called "Rushed") is meant to be there and the GCD after spear charge is supposed to be there. You haven't even mentioned the GCD after Solar Barrage. Everything about Templar feels SLOOOOOWWWW and unresponsive and you are pretty much telling us "Its working as intended" save for Sun Fires projectile and in PvP, that will not save an ability that most of its damage will be purged
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

When you say "future update" for the scaling off highest stat, does that mean part of an incremental update or does it mean the Next Major Update(tm)?

Edit: And thanks for the updates.
    Edited by Dagoth_Rac on May 20, 2015 7:04PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

When you say "future update" for the scaling off highest stat, does that mean part of an incremental update or does it mean the Next Major Update(tm)?

Edit: And thanks for the updates.

For that one in particular, it will likely be the next major update rather than an incremental. And you're welcome!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post