Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Official Feedback Thread for Templars

• AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A cool down on rezzing would have had a missive impact on PVE, your tank goes down you don't want to have to wait 30 secs to get him back up. It could work if the cooldown is in cyro only, but ZoS seems to prefer the blanket everything to *** nerf system over thinking it through.

@FENGRUSH I've watched your rant on youtube and read what you have posted here and I believe you want a better game and not just nerfs. Your rant was a good topic and I think you guys at We Are ESO could pull a 'Roles' podcast on detailing how being anything other than a burst dps in cyro is either broken or just not fun.

As for todays changes - Pissing in the wind.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    No offense intended towards Eric Wrobel or any of the developers or staff at ZOS, this is all in the spirit of joking around and having fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrhJe1f9Ylw

Ah a fellow purify spammer. Won't work after this patch :neutral: .
    Edited by Wreuntzylla on February 16, 2016 9:33PM
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rez changes won't help stop groups with significantly more from sustaining losses and being able to get them back up simply because the other group can only devote so many people to camping bodies. Progressively longer rez times on someone that recently died or a rez sickness reducing stats would have been far better. Sometimes I'll go for a risky rez on a healer because I know they'll hit breath as soon as they're up and save me as I'm being focused because they'll rez up with the resources to do so.

The former option would mean I'm spending maybe three times as long rezzing someone that has recently died and been rezzed, putting myself in danger and forcing me to make a decision on whether I should be rezzing them again.

Those are the changes wrobel needs to work on, not more band aids, but then again, band aids are pretty much how he functions.
    Options
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm i think we got buffed. I dont really have a comparison yet but i am pretty satisfied with most of the changes. I still cant make a picture of the new pvp situation but i think i will just be stronger than i am now but ill have to see if i can match the new dks and petsorcs.

Brainstorming:

-We basically got a new healing opportunities thanks to the passivechange //this offers improved healing through several trees including stamina and restostaff

-1nerf for the breath of life :( (that is really not the end of the world, PvEers can do their content anyway.)
    -More jab dmg //thaumaturge passive changes
    -stronger sweep ult //still questionable but buffed, empowering lasts 10 secs now and crescent does 33% more dmg on first strike a physical dmg buff would have been amazing btw. but u cant have it all.
    -More dmg on magickabuilds //now including fire dmg affecting firedot and dark flare (not sure here?)
    -Jabs now finally snare
    -Eclipse now reflects physical projectiles but its still weird because of the cc mechanics it brings along
    -Backlash Pve buff, more dmg and less requirements

Keep in mind that sorcs took a hit, dots and proccs now work on shields as it seems (did a little testing today but im not 100% sure yet //bad addons, i dont trust them fully)
    This means ur jabs will now hurt sorcs. //Burning Light procc <<<<<< Tested this again. Seems not to procc still.

The only question is: How strong are the other classes now?
    I am not really in the mood to test all day on a 250 average latency. U cant do any serious pvp or pve testing like that.
    Edited by Mumyo on February 17, 2016 12:46PM
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As with the BOL nerf, this is a PvP nerf again that also nerfs Templars in PvE.
    This is another example how PvP streamers are ruining the game for PvE players.

This.
    Imo, this cult of streamers has gone too far already. I have no words, seriously. Those nerfs dont even cater to pvpers as target audience, its just for a few players who are apparently more equal than the others.
    Templars should be buffed if anything... And yeah, Im mainly a nb, havent played my templar for a long time so no bias here.
    And if some "cool" streamer has troubles killing the weakest pvp class... Well, probably he's not that cool actually. ;)
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on February 16, 2016 9:34PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AriBoh wrote: »
    A cool down on rezzing would have had a missive impact on PVE, your tank goes down you don't want to have to wait 30 secs to get him back up. It could work if the cooldown is in cyro only, but ZoS seems to prefer the blanket everything to *** nerf system over thinking it through.

@FENGRUSH I've watched your rant on youtube and read what you have posted here and I believe you want a better game and not just nerfs. Your rant was a good topic and I think you guys at We Are ESO could pull a 'Roles' podcast on detailing how being anything other than a burst dps in cyro is either broken or just not fun.

As for todays changes - Pissing in the wind.

This is a good point - it may be able to be applied in part with the battle spirit buff or just applied as a debuff inside cyrodiil. EI: once you die you get ress penalty debuff for <X> time. If you die while its in effect, its increased by <Y> amount and so on.

This is one of those things that shouldnt parallel to PVE. But yea... I dont think this was fixed properly. I dont think its bad templars have a strength in ressing and choosing a set to do so and having passives that work for it. As its setup it looks like templars will naturally have a weaker upgrade when getting their alliance passives? That sounds pretty fubar in design.

Ress speed is something you should be allowed to build for (and if kagrenacs needs to be nerfed - which it may need (as in it shouldnt be a really good set while also having that bonus too which it kinda is today)). The tradeoff is that it is balanced in you cant chain ress joe_blow_#45 6x in 2minutes because your strategy is to win the fight by maintaining 3:1 odds in a fight inside a keep.

I am ready to receive blame for this fix now. :'(
    Edited by FENGRUSH on February 16, 2016 9:38PM
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This.
    Imo, this cult of streamers has gone too far already. I have no words, seriously. Those nerfs dont even cater to pvpers as target audience, its just for a few players who are apparently more equal than the others.
    Templars should be buffed if anything... And yeah, Im mainly a nb, havent played my templar for a long time so no bias here.
    And if some "cool" streamer has troubles killing the weakest pvp class... Well, probably he's not that cool actually. ;)

RIP templar viewership on streams.
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaliki wrote: »
    No offense intended towards Eric Wrobel or any of the developers or staff at ZOS, this is all in the spirit of joking around and having fun.

Just loved to see how you got rooted and your Jabs hit into empty air because you cannot turn since they chsnged how the camera works.

Jabs + Talons is one of the most comical things in ESO. Unfortunately for Templars.
    Edited by Jura23 on February 16, 2016 9:54PM
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
    Options
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »

Just loved to see how you got rooted and your Jabs hit into empty air because you cannot turn since they chsnged how the camera works.

Jabs + Talons is one of the most comical things in ESO. Unfortunately for Templars.

That indeed is so horrible!
    Options
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

This.

No worries. I'm sure the devs will keep watching your streams because they certainly aren't playing templar.

If there's any more nerfs you feel the templar class requires, should probably hurry up and make a podcast about it. Only a few weeks left of PTS and after that you'll likely have to wait 3-4 months for more templar nerfs :cry:
    Options
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wont be any Templars left to nerf
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »

This.

No worries. I'm sure the devs will keep watching your streams because they certainly aren't playing templar.

If there's any more nerfs you feel the templar class requires, should probably hurry up and make a podcast about it. Only a few weeks left of PTS and after that you'll likely have to wait 3-4 months for more templar nerfs :cry:

Not sure if trolling or choose to ignore my posts/actual casts made on this issue. At least my conscience is clean!
    Options
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep thinking about how amazing the Paladin was in Diablo 2 as it could flash auras to make everything around them slow, take reflective damage, buff ally damage, heal, etc. and look at the Templar in ESO and just laugh. Wrobel is clueless if he thinks Templars have any way to discourage enemies from entering their house.

It seems there will be a Division in ESO once Thieves Guild is released. I'm afraid the Dark Brotherhood will become a No Man's land (Sky?) in June as well. Maybe ZOS can win us back with the promised battlegrounds (and console text chat) later this year.
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont count on Battlegrounds this year @Hiero_Glyph
    Options
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Candy Krush is going to make a come back
    Options
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if trolling or choose to ignore my posts/actual casts made on this issue. At least my conscience is clean!

I wouldn't take it personally, but the comment is hilarious because if you look at Templar balancing since launch there is some truth in it.

Templar nerfs are first priority for ZoS. Chances are that you could still get some nerfs through during PTS with a convincing stream or a couple of threads.

I'm not saying that you would intentionally do that.
    Edited by Kaliki on February 16, 2016 10:37PM
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mumyo wrote: »
    Hm i think we got buffed. I dont really have a comparison yet but i am pretty satisfied with most of the changes. I still cant make a picture of the new pvp situation but i think i will just be stronger than i am now but ill have to see if i can match the new dks and petsorcs.

Brainstorming:

-We basically got a new healing opportunities thanks to the passivechange //this offers improved healing through several trees including stamina and restostaff

-1nerf for the breath of life :( (that is really not the end of the world, PvEers can do their content anyway.)
    -More jab dmg //thaumaturge passive changes
    -stronger sweep ult //still questionable but buffed, empowering lasts 10 secs now and crescent does 33% more dmg on first strike a physical dmg buff would have been amazing btw. but u cant have it all.
    -More dmg on magickabuilds //now including fire dmg affecting firedot and dark flare (not sure here?)
    -Jabs now finally snare
    -Eclipse now reflects physical projectiles but its still weird because of the cc mechanics it brings along
    -Backlash Pve buff, more dmg and less requirements

Keep in mind that sorcs took a hit, dots and proccs now work on shields as it seems (did a little testing today but im not 100% sure yet //bad addons, i dont trust them fully)
    This means ur jabs will now hurt sorcs. //Burning Light procc

The only question is: How strong are the other classes now?
    I am not really in the mood to test all day on a 250 average latency. U cant do any serious pvp or pve testing like that.

None of them fix the issues of templar that he has no reliable shield nor aoe cc to stop ppl attacking. He still have to constantly reflesh buffs and even more with the new channeled focus change.
    Magicka glass cannon builds got buffed, fine, but that was never bad and never was a problem. And in fact it is good due to the magicka det and dawnbreaker. Det is nerfed by now, and i believe it will be nerfed even more. Dawnbreaker is still better than crescent sweep due to 1) it applies dot to the target rather than caster, 2)extra dmg and stun on vamp/ww, 3)weapon power buff for stamina builds.
    Jab is still so easy to avoid. The snare is so weird, it doesn't apply everytime. You still cast it on air rather than target like WB, thus it miss too much
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • blackcom90
    blackcom90
    ✭✭✭
    uhm... i think that something that would me go crazy as a tank it's a revamp of radiant ward that has the right defensive value and at the end of the effect heal me...

Other ideas are:
    -luminous shard instead of doing aoe dmg do aoe heal
    -blazing spear instead of giving back resources give back a dmg buff
    -A rune skill for each class that can synergy with each other: aedric rune upon contact with the enemy blast them off stunning them, wrath rune spread wave of aoe + dot, rune focus provide defence and magika
    -a purifying light that instead of accumulating dmg and exploding, accumulate heal and release it when it's full.
    -radiant aura that instead of working over the regen, give you back resources for every heal that hit you
    -binding javelin that buff your dmg (based on the morph) and apply a dot. Just to stun it's lame
    -Lingering ritual has a 4x stackable hot and a 1sec casting time.
    -puryfying ritual has a synergy that allow you to be shielded and purged at the end of the shield

Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't take it personally, but the comment is hilarious because if you look at Templar balancing since launch there is some truth in it.

Templar nerfs are first priority for ZoS. Chances are that you could still get some nerfs through during PTS with a convincing stream or a couple of threads.

I'm not saying that you would intentionally do that.

If I could push a change effectively Id have AOE caps going - but thats a solution not a problem. They want to hear problems and make their own solutions.

I cannot prevent poor decisions.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

They missed that one video where you and 2 pure dps were wailing on one Templar who only used BOL. It looked like 3 lions trying to take down a mechanical bull; frustrating and non-consistent game play.

Healing did need to be addressed. But the worse nerf of all is the complete misunderstanding of the thesis explaining what it means to be a Templar. Because of that, templars will never be a full class and never balanced. The class needs a complete review by ZOS between paper and implementation.

Pve will not be harmed (just use a stick for now.).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a javelin that removes all of their buffs for X amount of seconds ?
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

This.

They missed that one video where you and 2 pure dps were wailing on one Templar who only used BOL. It looked like 3 lions trying to take down a mechanical bull; frustrating and non-consistent game play.

Healing did need to be addressed. But the worse nerf of all is the complete misunderstanding of the thesis explaining what it means to be a Templar. Because of that, templars will never be a full class and never balanced. The class needs a complete review by ZOS between paper and implementation.

Pve will not be harmed (just use a stick for now.).

I saw 4 people wb/executioner spamming someone that was being healed by at least 5 people. I know that halting wb spam is tough, but a werewolf would have made her go down instantly.
    Edited by timidobserver on February 16, 2016 11:01PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they are prolly going after the werewolfs next
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Essiaga wrote: »
    It's like picking up a gum wrapper after you knocked over a full garbage can. Really? That's all your going to do?

This.

@FENGRUSH your comments in this thread have been somewhat helpful in de-villainizing yourself, which is fine, but overall not helpful to the cause. You might get some Templar viewership on your streams if one of you guys actually played one at a competitive level. At least then we might have some meaningful representation.
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Essiaga wrote: »
    It's like picking up a gum wrapper after you knocked over a full garbage can. Really? That's all your going to do?

This.

@FENGRUSH your comments in this thread have been somewhat helpful in de-villainizing yourself, which is fine, but overall not helpful to the cause. You might get some Templar viewership on your streams if one of you guys actually played one at a competitive level. At least then we might have some meaningful representation.

You want to see FENGRUSH slay it on a templar? EZ - Ill show off stam and magicka templar play soon! Ive played both with topend builds - just not on stream. :wink:

And Im not just here to make it look like Im not trying to bury templars.. I advocate for positive changes include things people mentioned here. We even talked about it last night. The reality is the only people tuning into my stream from ZOS is generally the dungeon balance folks like Seiffer who I really enjoy having there. The people influencing the changes in this thread dont like me and dont come to my stream (ZOS folks). Theyve made that abundantly clear already.

Theyre hammering away at issues voiced by the community. And there are plenty of templars in my stream in all truthfulness, theyve been asking for my templar build for awhile now. :*
    Options
  • blackcom90
    blackcom90
    ✭✭✭
    and while the love between @FENGRUSH and the templar community it's spreading the @ZOS is still M.I.A....
    Options
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont count on Battlegrounds this year @Hiero_Glyph

I expect Battlegrounds to get canceled like spell crafting and PK portion of the Justice System.

Even when they do make them I'm expecting some BS mechanics where your avoiding environmental effects and seeking buff shrines. I just want death match (team and solo) and players compete against players without the objectives.

I'm more looking forward to the ESO reboot that I won't buy because of the bad taste from this game.
    Options
  • blackcom90
    blackcom90
    ✭✭✭
    uhm... do you think we can make a .doc where to write every suggestion to give a more official vibe to them? It would be cool i think
    Options
  • blackcom90
    blackcom90
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight this thread it's so peaceful and silent... The killer that work for zos it's killing all the templars?
    Options
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it true? Is our dodgy toppling charge now undogable as well as broken??? I'm all for working hard to make my templar work, but this is meant to be a game, no? So that means it is meant to be fun.... How does even more hard work = fun?? Thats what people come on here to get away from, surely.

Just when I thought the nerfs were over and done with! I thought we had been given enough of those nerfy things already...

In the next update there will likely be about 6 templars left in the whole game... No wonder they made sorcerers heal better. Maybe this is a conspiracy to try and get everybody to stop playing templar so that they can replace the class with a new one! :confounded:
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on February 17, 2016 1:31AM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
    Options