Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Official Feedback Thread for Templars

• Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    As long as a skill like Blinding Flashes has some sort of visual component to it (like Eclipse does) this it is really up to each player to recognize the ability use and do the appropriate counters...just like every other skill in the game.
    This was its animation and it was flashing every 2 secs. I think it cant be more obvious.
    q7IRCNm.jpg

And there was a special unique sound.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here's another thought to the Jabs issue that just occurred to me. What if Jabs granted a brief Immovable buff while casting. If it is so awkward to cast, it would be nice if we could stand our ground like we're being asked to. Perhaps that is the solution to part of the problem? Just a brainstorm idea here, I'm not sure I 100% like this idea either.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • blackcom90
    blackcom90
    ✭✭✭
    Drewzi wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

This post is to inform you that we've removed many posts for a variety of reasons, all being against the Forum Rules. Any posts continuing to violate the Forum rules will lead to an action being placed on the posters account. We appreciate all of the feedback given on the subject, and all feedback will be reviewed as well. Though we have to ask that you stay civil and constructive to discussion, and stay respectful to your fellow forum members, as well as the Zenimax Employees.

Many thanks!

38 pages and this is the response we get. Lol

Ahahahah! after all this post that answer sound like " We don't care what you all say! just stop to say bad thing about us!".
    Obviously there are a lot of complains in 40 page of comments, but there were good argumentation and solution to this problem too.
    They just brushed them off... so insulting....
    Edited by blackcom90 on February 16, 2016 1:00AM
  • blackcom90
    blackcom90
    ✭✭✭
    Here's another thought to the Jabs issue that just occurred to me. What if Jabs granted a brief Immovable buff while casting. If it is so awkward to cast, it would be nice if we could stand our ground like we're being asked to. Perhaps that is the solution to part of the problem? Just a brainstorm idea here, I'm not sure I 100% like this idea either.

i think it would be enough if it stop the animation if the enemies avoid the skill. at least we would avoid to stand there and jab the air like fools.
  • blackcom90
    blackcom90
    ✭✭✭
    I figured I'd post this here also, concerning 'The House':

Actually, been playing templar since beta (Haven't been able to put many hours since 1.6 - work reasons, but still consistently a few every week) - It's my only vet character

And I very much want Wrobel's 'vision' for the templars. Here's a quick flash from the past::

It is in fact smack on the build I had prior 1.6, mixing up def buffs + rune and fighters guild circle of protection, I'd over double my res and armor past the SOFTCAPS. (Yes 200% of softcaps, dyou realize how much that was???). I was the most unkillable healer in the game. I'd stay in my @)$(* house , heal and def buff teamates, and overall protect the crap out of them. Oh I was no tank. (no aggro), but it is so much easier resource-wise (thus not mattering if I was stam or magicka for healing) to keep everyone healed up when you don't have to worry about yourself. To add, I was stam/hp hybrid (still am). This worked awesomely. Add another similar templar build to the team, we could def buff so high with those AoEs; we were nigh unkillable in Dungeons. (When a boss smacks you repeatdly, the HEALER, and you're just shrugging it off, no stress, and res-ing fallen teamates etc...) And if all hell broke loose youd launch the heal ultimate which would bring your def and res near 300% past softcap (ok maybe 250%) and give crazy regens to all 3 bars even though you were rooted. Killing you in that ulti was litterally unfeasible. This was back when I'd slot WB because of the awesome CC, not because it was the only viable dmg option other than Jabs. This was back when only 4 out of my 12 slotted skills weren't from the Templar skills.

In PVE this was fun, excellent, fine. Because you need others to kill the stuff, dmg being rather sub par.
    In PVP apparently this was exceedingly frustrating for DPSs or something, because 1.6 changed ALL of that. (as in, what do you mean 3 DPS can't burst you down? Doesn't matter if those 3 DPS are mostly safe because you dont have the mobility or dmage to kill them - obviously you are OP and need to be nerfed. Funny how DPS seems to be the only role that matters in PvP).

See I really LIKE 'The House'. My house was the ***!! I didn't care what was going on, I'd be standing in my [insert profanity] house and those long range DPS builds were exercising futility trying to kill me in it - even those up close weren't having an easy time. DKs were my worse nightmare, (with their chains, pulling me out of my precious house). People new better than to waste all those resources killing templars in their houses so they got them to leave em, pulling them out, throwing them out, anything. Priority was to get the temp out of his multi AoE stacking madness house. And why even bother on the templar? Because if you didnt kill them, they'd be healing, buffing, and keeping alive all the other people that WERE a threat. Even if they did kill me, I didn't mind, I felt like I put up a fight and made them waste time. Nowadays I just feel like I'm giving free AP to everyone....

So yes @Wrobel, I very much get your vision, and very much do want it.
    But every patch and step since 1.6 has been driving the meta steadily away from the very possibility of having a functional AoE house - dmg mitigation is a joke (seriously), burst dmg is way too great and healing is crippled in PvP (the fact we still manage burst healing is a testament to how dedicated some healers are)

the problem it's not the vision @Wrobel has, but the fact that instead of actually realizing this vision he just did an halfassed job.

His vision for dk, sorc and nb can be critiqued too... but in this dlc these class at least work following it. Instead the templar got a nerf aaaand stop. Nothing more.
    Basically he left his vision in his mind and said to us: " i don't have time for you... in 3 months you will see something... maybe".

That's why everyone it's angry.
    Plus there are heaps of good ideas in this thread that work well with his vision, but the zos didn't even took the bother to create a discussion on them.

he want to have a templar healer that can stand firmly through the heat of the battle (both in pve and pvp) and heal/give back resources on an aoe scale? AMAZING! I AGREE!
    BUT he didn't gave us this... he reduced by 5% hour healing, nerfed our main skill and didn't fix the main skill for his vision (healing ritual).

And, from a tank point of view, he simply ignored the defense issue of the templar.

There are heaps of idea to work on... like:
    a luminous shard that instead of doing dmg heal, or a radiant aura that give back tot resources for second instead of a regen, a morph of radiant ward that boost defence and healing, a purifying light that instead of accumulate damage accumulate healing to explode in an healing aoe.

With this we could be more near that vision and far more happy.

• eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone!

This post is to inform you that we've removed many posts for a variety of reasons, all being against the Forum Rules. Any posts continuing to violate the Forum rules will lead to an action being placed on the posters account. We appreciate all of the feedback given on the subject, and all feedback will be reviewed as well. Though we have to ask that you stay civil and constructive to discussion, and stay respectful to your fellow forum members, as well as the Zenimax Employees.

Many thanks!

You demand respect, and that's absolutely correct. But, and with the outmost respect from me towards ZoS Employees, sometimes i feel the respect towards the people discussing the class is lost; they put a lot of hours and effort to bring you countless realistic reviews, contrasted information, and you say you're listening and reviewing the feedback, but then on the real world you go and change whatever you feel like. I think you're loosing respect towards all these people who are giving their time doing all those texts when it's not their job. The class doesn't feel responsive/good and you should be doing something about it.
    Is ninja nerfing a loose on respect? Or not?
    Is all this matter about the "house" a loose of respect?
    Don't know what you think about it, but I sure felt myself disrespected.

And the video in youtube "Shocking interview with Zenimax employee" it's sadly not a loose in respect since, sadly, it's a very big truth.
    This is a battle you won't win, you either get on working and fixing the class, fitting it inside the actual game mechanisms, serious debate and massive overhaul, or you'll have a really big amount of people fighting against it, because the game is worth it, and what Templar could be inside (and was at some point) is valuable to us.

Kind regards,

Eptackt
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    blackcom90 wrote: »
    Basically he left his vision in his mind and said to us: " i don't have time for you... in 3 months you will see something... maybe".

Plus there are heaps of good ideas in this thread that work well with his vision, but the zos didn't even took the bother to create a discussion on them.

I'm not angry and I don't feel we have been nerfed. The Breath of Life can be seen as a nerf. But is it going to keep Templars from being good at healing? No, absolutely not. If you think this, then you have gotten soft. For a while now, Templars have needed nothing but BoL to heal. It's been so good that I haven't even needed Purifying Ritual for the bonus 30% heals. And even in a 4-man dungeon, the 3rd heal has often been wasted because three people didn't need to be healed.

Now..with this new patch, I am going to get +25% bonus to my heals for standing in my own Ritual Focus or Purifying Ritual. So instead of needing two BoLs to heal someone up to full, I will probably just need the one. None of my teammates need to to be in it. They are free to run around.

I don't have to be stuck in my "house" either. I can roam around it, too. For pve, this is not going to be that hard to do. For pvp, this will be harder to get used to. But you know, you really should begin to use Rune Focus in pvp. It just astounds me that so many don't seem to know how to use this. You are not stationary. The bonuses for mitigation and the morphs last for 8 secs. You can run all around it and back through it and pick up another 8 secs. And it costs 540 Magicka only. It's a very, very powerful ability for so cheap a cost. I cast this all the time. It's just that good. If you wanna argue for something, argue for a longer time. Cause I just don't see the skill, itself, changing.
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone!

Many thanks!

Thanks for checking in. I think we been rather constructive for the most part (of the past 2 years) but this is the first reply in over a week and its just to tell us to keep the noise down.

Please respectfully request an actual discussion (1 for each class) with the Devs so that we can communicate in more proactive and interactive way. There really seems to be some confusion and misunderstand on both sides but only one side is actually involved in the discussion which can be very frustrating as you might imagine. Especially when it seriously appears there isn't a clear vision for the future of this class and of many other things that effect our perception of this game and of ZOS. Perception is reality and communication is the key to good customer serves. Right now both are pretty bad.
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .The Devs are doing a Templar..... We'll have to go into their house and get them.
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • blackcom90
    blackcom90
    ✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

I'm not angry and I don't feel we have been nerfed. The Breath of Life can be seen as a nerf. But is it going to keep Templars from being good at healing? No, absolutely not. If you think this, then you have gotten soft. For a while now, Templars have needed nothing but BoL to heal. It's been so good that I haven't even needed Purifying Ritual for the bonus 30% heals. And even in a 4-man dungeon, the 3rd heal has often been wasted because three people didn't need to be healed.

Now..with this new patch, I am going to get +25% bonus to my heals for standing in my own Ritual Focus or Purifying Ritual. So instead of needing two BoLs to heal someone up to full, I will probably just need the one. None of my teammates need to to be in it. They are free to run around.

I don't have to be stuck in my "house" either. I can roam around it, too. For pve, this is not going to be that hard to do. For pvp, this will be harder to get used to. But you know, you really should begin to use Rune Focus in pvp. It just astounds me that so many don't seem to know how to use this. You are not stationary. The bonuses for mitigation and the morphs last for 8 secs. You can run all around it and back through it and pick up another 8 secs. And it costs 540 Magicka only. It's a very, very powerful ability for so cheap a cost. I cast this all the time. It's just that good. If you wanna argue for something, argue for a longer time. Cause I just don't see the skill, itself, changing.

-First of all... i use runefocus in pvp since the beta.

-Second: in pve will not be hard? do you know that a single aoe in pve will kill you? Imagine you that have to avoid an aoe while you are snared from the healing ritual and if you void the casting to dodge roll you will deprive the group of the healing.
    Our house? well.. or they give us a really sturdy wall and a way to heal FAST the other or we will just be replace with other classes

-third: the problem with the bol it's simple.
    we used it to heal the group while we had to move away from the dmg incoming from a boss in trial or when the group was spread due to the game mechanics. Now we can't do it anymore.
    We will have to double or triple cast the skill to heal the target hoping that someone will not drain that heal from us.
    The concern it's the number of the target not the ammount healed. Example... SAnctum... 2 squishy stamina are on the lamia and the poison it's aproacching. Before we could use a bol to keep an eye on them while the healing spring it's on the group with this rateo 4 spring:1 bol. Now we will have to spam bol till it reach both the stam while we will have to stack to 4 again the spring. Why the hell should we have to suffer so much when the pet of the sorc heal for 25k without even looking? the dk too... he can keep up on the target a 60k shiel witout problem....

• Rudyard
    Rudyard
    ✭✭✭

You do get, don't you that you lost that initial 30% and it has been replaced by the 25%? What about losing that 5% equates to "so instead of needing two BoLs to heal someone up to full, I will probably just need the one?" I'm confused.

Edited by Rudyard on February 16, 2016 1:47AM
    Deacon Grim
  • iamnotweakrwb17_ESO
    iamnotweakrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

For a while now, Templars have needed nothing but BoL to heal. It's been so good that I haven't even needed Purifying Ritual for the bonus 30% heals. And even in a 4-man dungeon, the 3rd heal has often been wasted because three people didn't need to be healed.

Not needing purifying ritual to buff BOL has very little to do with BOL's strength and vastly more to do with the fact that its not actually you keeping people alive. All classes in this game are perfectly viable in keeping themselves alive because every class, due to game design, eventually becomes a tank, healer and dps all in one. This is the fundamental problem which needs to be addressed in ESO. No other MMO allows this and for good reason. It completely breaks the game. Healers should be responsible for the overwhelming majority of healing. If you aren't a healer, you have absolutely no business spitting out massive heals, period!

This is why I advocate that ESO "NEEDS" stances. It is the smartest and most efficient way to deny DPS and tanks uber strong healing in a game like ESO's. Stances can also be used to solve virtually every combat related issue in this game.
    Edited by iamnotweakrwb17_ESO on February 16, 2016 1:59AM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Good. Then maybe everyone can agree that Rune Focus is a powerful spell and we can work on maybe..getting the buffs to last longer while outside of the Focus.
    Imagine you that have to avoid an aoe while you are snared from the healing ritual and if you void the casting to dodge roll you will deprive the group of the healing.

Noone is going to use Healing Ritual, with a cast time.
    we used it to heal the group while we had to move away from the dmg incoming from a boss in trial or when the group was spread due to the game mechanics. Now we can't do it anymore.

You will adapt. If OnlyTemplars can do it, then it's either a problem with fight design or Resto staff design.[/quote]

• blackcom90
    blackcom90
    ✭✭✭

Good. Then maybe everyone can agree that Rune Focus is a powerful spell and we can work on maybe..getting the buffs to last longer while outside of the Focus.
    Imagine you that have to avoid an aoe while you are snared from the healing ritual and if you void the casting to dodge roll you will deprive the group of the healing.

Noone is going to use Healing Ritual, with a cast time.

You will adapt. If OnlyTemplars can do it, then it's either a problem with fight design or Resto staff design.

[/quote]

THAT's exactly the point here. The vision that @Wrobel has in his mind it's of a static aoe healer that can provide resources too, but to do so you need to have the right skill. First of all he want to push on us the healing ritual but, at least for the 3 next month, if we try to do so we will die so badly that will be pitiful.
    The second problem it's the adaptability....
    Right now we cannot cope with the resto staff to the lost of 1 more target from bol in certain fight.
    Basically he did only the first 50% of it's job and this 50% involved the nerf of the current healing system to prepare the new one. The new one should be out in 3 month and while we wait the other classes are already far more competitive than us.

a luminous shard that instead of doing dmg heal, or a radiant aura that give back tot resources for second instead of a regen, a morph of radiant ward that boost defence and healing, a purifying light that instead of accumulate damage accumulate healing to explode in an healing aoe.
  • GhostwalkerLD
    GhostwalkerLD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone!

Many thanks!

Almost 40 pages of discussion... and THIS is the only reply from a ZOS representative that we get.

You are making it awfully difficult to stay 'civil.' We've been civil, patient, and downright ingenious with some of the ideas proposed in these threads. And frankly, seeing as how the majority of our issues have not only been ignored or marginalized, but flat out made WORSE over the past two years, I'm amazed that a lack of civility is all you're seeing in this thread.

But I guess that's our problem, right? Shame on us for being a little peeved.

But don't worry, the anger isn't at you, @ZOS_AntonioP , it's at @Wrobel and the [Exceptional Individuals] on the combat team.

I'm regretting unsubbing less and less now. Many thanks!

Perhaps that's the reason there isn't more anger in this thread. Most dedicated templar players have moved on to greener pastures.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Second: in pve will not be hard? do you know that a single aoe in pve will kill you? Imagine you that have to avoid an aoe while you are snared from the healing ritual and if you void the casting to dodge roll you will deprive the group of the healing.
    Our house? well.. or they give us a really sturdy wall and a way to heal FAST the other or we will just be replace with other classes

We will have to double or triple cast the skill to heal the target hoping that someone will not drain that heal from us.
    The concern it's the number of the target not the ammount healed. Example... SAnctum... 2 squishy stamina are on the lamia and the poison it's aproacching. Before we could use a bol to keep an eye on them while the healing spring it's on the group with this rateo 4 spring:1 bol. Now we will have to spam bol till it reach both the stam while we will have to stack to 4 again the spring. Why the hell should we have to suffer so much when the pet of the sorc heal for 25k without even looking? the dk too... he can keep up on the target a 60k shiel witout problem....

Probably the worst example ever,the lamia is easier than doshia
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rudyard wrote: »
    You do get, don't you that you lost that initial 30% and it has been replaced by the 25%? What about losing that 5% equates to "so instead of needing two BoLs to heal someone up to full, I will probably just need the one?" I'm confused.

Have you been using Cleansing Ritual or Rune Focus to get the bonus to your heals? If so, then yes...you are getting a 5% nerf to those heals. So I can sympathize with your loss. But I haven't been using Cleansing Ritual in dungeons like forever. I do use Rune Focus, but only for my own mitigation and Magicka regen, but noone stands in my Rune Focus to get bonus heals. Now, I will get bonus heals for standing in my Rune Focus, even if my teammates are not in it.

• blackcom90
    blackcom90
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

it was just an example from the view of an healer that has to watch out for 2 squishy stamina dd. Obviously with two good dd the lamia just implode. But the zos doesn't want a competitive game ( they even remove group damage) so the exaple it's fitting.

You can provide better example btw^^ at 4 in the morning i'm not the brightest star in the sky. lol
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it was just an example from the view of an healer that has to watch out for 2 squishy stamina dd. Obviously with two good dd the lamia just implode. But the zos doesn't want a competitive game ( they even remove group damage) so the exaple it's fitting.

You can provide better example btw^^ at 4 in the morning i'm not the brightest star in the sky. lol

I got you though, loud and clear
  • blackcom90
    blackcom90
    ✭✭✭
    Rudyard wrote: »

Have you been using Cleansing Ritual or Rune Focus to get the bonus to your heals? If so, then yes...you are getting a 5% nerf to those heals. So I can sympathize with your loss. But I haven't been using Cleansing Ritual in dungeons like forever. I do use Rune Focus, but only for my own mitigation and Magicka regen, but noone stands in my Rune Focus to get bonus heals. Now, I will get bonus heals for standing in my Rune Focus, even if my teammates are not in it.

in trial we use it for a couple of reasons. the dd can purge and heal (a little) itself, have a little hot, have a synergy that with the cp give you ultimate points (more synergy for the tank make it happy) and more. Plus the more you heal when you have the spring up and the less you have to spam, so you can control your pool better.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    THAT's exactly the point here. The vision that @Wrobel has in his mind it's of a static aoe healer that can provide resources too, but to do so you need to have the right skill. First of all he want to push on us the healing ritual...

I don't see anything static about how I've been playing a Templar. And I don't see anything really affecting my playstyle, except the Rapid Maneuvers.
    Right now we cannot cope with the resto staff to the lost of 1 more target from bol in certain fight.
    Basically he did only the first 50% of it's job and this 50% involved the nerf of the current healing system to prepare the new one. The new one should be out in 3 month and while we wait the other classes are already far more competitive than us.

I believe you can cope. And you are just not making sense here. Nifty has shown some promising dps numbers in another thread. And Templars are still going to be great for heals and providing resources.

I'm fine with ideas. But I don't expect @Wrobel to take every suggestion we have, especially when it requires a complete overhaul of coding and such. Put forth ideas for the next dlc and concentrate on simple tweaks for this one. And above all, quit attacking the man.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here's an idea that could go with the 'defend the house' mentality. While in cleansing ritual's aoe healing ritual's cast time is reduced and any target in cleansing ritual's aoe can also be targeted by the heal. You could also add a snare to enemies who enter the healing ritual, or even a minor healing debuff. Right now I have no incentive to stick around in a templar's 'house' and I don't even notice an enemy templar's house. Make those matter if that's the direction the class is headed zos, make templars able to hold ground and define where fights happen.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I demand Templar version of Minefield if we're having houses.
    #MOREORBS
  • blackcom90
    blackcom90
    ✭✭✭
    THAT's exactly the point here. The vision that @Wrobel has in his mind it's of a static aoe healer that can provide resources too, but to do so you need to have the right skill. First of all he want to push on us the healing ritual...

I don't see anything static about how I've been playing a Templar. And I don't see anything really affecting my playstyle, except the Rapid Maneuvers.

I believe you can cope. And you are just not making sense here. Nifty has shown some promising dps numbers in another thread. And Templars are still going to be great for heals and providing resources.

I'm fine with ideas. But I don't expect @Wrobel to take every suggestion we have, especially when it requires a complete overhaul of coding and such. Put forth ideas for the next dlc and concentrate on simple tweaks for this one. And above all, quit attacking the man.

read carfully or we will write the same thing again and again. WE play in a DINAMC way, but WROEBEL want a STATIC templar that stay in his house. HE want to make us use aoe skills like HEALING RITUAL that clearly it's not working.

Why are you talking about dps while i'm talking about bol on pve?
    In certain situation having the bol heal two target would be fo exceptional advantage in pve. For the example ask @Mojmir xP
    Now we will have to run around to cope with it and it's basically the opposite of wrobel idea.
    Plus we will heave to watch the pet of a sorc do it what we can't do anymore for free..

I keep posting my idea to keep the post productive or zos will have excuse to ignore us
  • blackcom90
    blackcom90
    ✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

It would be cool to have 1 rune skill for each skill line and the possibility to cast 1 on top of the other. Let' say that the focus provide defense and the aedric give you a rune that will explode pushing back and stunning the enemies that enter the rune.
    Than the dawn's rune pulse of a damaging light that burn and debuff the enemies.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What really should have happened was dks cauterize for us along with rite of passage throwing out a massive cure all,if were to be rooted we should gain a even higher defense.
    Edited by Mojmir on February 16, 2016 3:02AM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    read carfully or we will write the same thing again and again. WE play in a DINAMC way, but WROEBEL want a STATIC templar that stay in his house. HE want to make us use aoe skills like HEALING RITUAL that clearly it's not working.

I guess I'm having trouble reading what you write because it seems so incoherant. But I think this quote of a Templar having to stay in his house is being grossly taken out of context. I think of it more like an area that you stay around. And you can create that area again when you move. I don't find this thinking to be so bad.

As for the dps and bol thing...you were just saying that Templars are not competitive compared to other classes, and I think they are. Dps seems promising. And Healing is still very strong for Templars. And the other morph of Rune Focus will also be great for Tanking, I think.
  • blackcom90
    blackcom90
    ✭✭✭

I guess I'm having trouble reading what you write because it seems so incoherant. But I think this quote of a Templar having to stay in his house is being grossly taken out of context. I think of it more like an area that you stay around. And you can create that area again when you move. I don't find this thinking to be so bad.

As for the dps and bol thing...you were just saying that Templars are not competitive compared to other classes, and I think they are. Dps seems promising. And Healing is still very strong for Templars. And the other morph of Rune Focus will also be great for Tanking, I think.

ok. we will not understand each other and will not come out with something from this discussion. let's stop here.
  • blackcom90
    blackcom90
    ✭✭✭
    What really should have happened was dks cauterize for us along with rite of passage throwing out a massive cure all,if were to be rooted we should gain a even higher defense.

The possibility to have 3 different class healing providing different style of support it's possible. I only hope that the templar will not be overshadowed by a pet healing for 25 k, a dk buffing and shielding you for 60k and a nb throwing you heaps of hot doing dmg.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

I don't think I like the idea of a minefield, but if Radiant Ward had a death's wind like explosion centered on caster followed up by an exploitable stance when they pop up, a snare, something cc oriented, it might make that skill a lot more useful than it currently is. Another alternative is to have Cleansing Ritual Apply damage/snare/defile to enemies and health/cleanse to friendlies, and the nice thing is that it would totally fit the class.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>