The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Update 37 - Feedback Thread for Combat & Classes

• thesarahandcompany
    thesarahandcompany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give necromancer a DOT like sousplitting trap!
    Sarahandcompany
    She/Her/Hers
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DK is very overturned in PvP. These changes will make them godmode.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • arch1t3ct
    arch1t3ct
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely do not understand why ZoS is so obsessed with keeping DKs so overpowered

edit: in pvp*
    Edited by arch1t3ct on January 31, 2023 6:21PM
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    arch1t3ct wrote: »
    I genuinely do not understand why ZoS is so obsessed with keeping DKs so overpowered

edit: in pvp*

Not just in PVP, they're #1 in PVE as well, by a significant margin.
  • monkiie
    monkiie
    ✭✭✭
    Really disappointing patch notes in terms of set and class balancing that's plagued pvp since the beginning of U36. Templar and Necro are awful classes in terms of offensive capabilities but they continue to take nerfs. Dragonknight and Nightblade still dominate pvp and for some reason dk is getting more buffs? Item sets like maras balm and rallying cry are not getting touched even though they are a menace on the game. Certain CP stars like pains refuge, survival instincts, and focused mending are still over tuned and will continue to contribute to a very tanky meta. Cross healing and healing in general in pvp will also continue to make the game stale.

Instead of addressing anything they change harmony and mist form, of which no one wanted or cared about.
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mana shield should not scale from max health. Now we will see melee sorcerers with 45k hp... Running around with mara set.
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one word comes to mind in regard to the changes to mist form... Homogenization. The thing that made Mist Form unique even in the olden days of ESO, was that it was an omnidirectional movement tool that was relatively easy to use. The omnidirectional aspect made it very nice for maneuvering in PvP, but in all seriousness it can be very annoying to fight against, especially after the revamp made it a toggle (stay in mist for as long as you have the magicka to sustain it).

I messed around with the new version of mist to see how it compares to what we have on live.

My main gripe is that it does not remove roots like the live version does. Visually it looks odd to be rooted while mist is active.

PTS
    mh77m5uy6avn.gif
    LIVE
    s3czycw44o5z.gif

I love that it can be used in Vateshran Hollows!

PTS
    pnfrufzfkr2l.gif

There are interesting ways to use the new version of mist that makes it a bit different than using streak, and it is great that any class can utilize the skill at the cost of their humanity hehe.

PTS
    3iv6pxmd7j05.gif

Overall, I think the change is interesting and although we are losing a cool omnidirectional movement skill, we're getting something that people are less likely to complain about that still has some uses. Of course, it'll be a bit trickier to escape bomb builds and rush through oil/siege damage, but it is what it is.

Other than Mist. There was also a stealth nerf to the Unnatural Movement Passive that most people will not even notice or miss, but still interesting to note. On live if you are continuously running and trigger the passive's invisibility, you can hold block to slow your roll so to speak and essentially better maneuver the direction you want to go while running/block walking. Stamina is still being used, and when you let go of block you run like normal all while retaining invisibility. On the PTS, the second you block the invisibility breaks, even though you're technically still running.

PTS
    zqhizfvgfmi6.gif
    PTS
    iyu9i3cgfopc.gif
    LIVE
    zxh7yfoqccub.gif
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artim_X wrote: »
    Only one word comes to mind in regard to the changes to mist form... Homogenization. The thing that made Mist Form unique even in the olden days of ESO, was that it was an omnidirectional movement tool that was relatively easy to use. The omnidirectional aspect made it very nice for maneuvering in PvP, but in all seriousness it can be very annoying to fight against, especially after the revamp made it a toggle (stay in mist for as long as you have the magicka to sustain it).

I messed around with the new version of mist to see how it compares to what we have on live.

My main gripe is that it does not remove roots like the live version does. Visually it looks odd to be rooted while mist is active.

PTS
    mh77m5uy6avn.gif
    LIVE
    s3czycw44o5z.gif

PTS
    pnfrufzfkr2l.gif

There are interesting ways to use the new version of mist that makes it a bit different than using streak, and it is great that any class can utilize the skill at the cost of their humanity hehe.

PTS
    3iv6pxmd7j05.gif

Overall, I think the change is interesting and although we are losing a cool omnidirectional movement skill, we're getting something that people are less likely to complain about that still has some uses. Of course, it'll be a bit trickier to escape bomb builds and rush through oil/siege damage, but it is what it is.

Other than Mist. There was also a stealth nerf to the Unnatural Movement Passive that most people will not even notice or miss, but still interesting to note. On live if you are continuously running and trigger the passive's invisibility, you can hold block to slow your roll so to speak and essentially better maneuver the direction you want to go while running/block walking. Stamina is still being used, and when you let go of block you run like normal all while retaining invisibility. On the PTS, the second you block the invisibility breaks, even though you're technically still running.

PTS
    zqhizfvgfmi6.gif
    PTS
    iyu9i3cgfopc.gif
    LIVE
    zxh7yfoqccub.gif

The last one I believe was mentioned as fixing a bug where you could block while sprinting
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PTS
    mh77m5uy6avn.gif
    LIVE
    s3czycw44o5z.gif

PTS
    pnfrufzfkr2l.gif

PTS
    3iv6pxmd7j05.gif

PTS
    zqhizfvgfmi6.gif
    PTS
    iyu9i3cgfopc.gif
    LIVE
    zxh7yfoqccub.gif

The last one I believe was mentioned as fixing a bug where you could block while sprinting

Yeah, that's exactly what that is. A true shame as I loved to do it with Stage 4's passive in PvP to help enter invisibility when people were throwing ranged stuns at me, but it is what it is...
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

PTS
    mh77m5uy6avn.gif
    LIVE
    s3czycw44o5z.gif

PTS
    pnfrufzfkr2l.gif

PTS
    3iv6pxmd7j05.gif

PTS
    zqhizfvgfmi6.gif
    PTS
    iyu9i3cgfopc.gif
    LIVE
    zxh7yfoqccub.gif

Yeah, that's exactly what that is. A true shame as I loved to do it with Stage 4's passive in PvP to help enter invisibility when people were throwing ranged stuns at me, but it is what it is...

Oh snap! So that's what happened. Well at least I know that it is intentional. Well it was fun while it lasted.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • ExoY
    ExoY
    ✭✭✭
    Patch Notes stated that "frost wall will apply Minor Breach"

However no minor breach is not applied through frost wall according to some testing on the pts.

Apologize if it already got mentioned and I missed it.
  • Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templars again left in the dust :( No help on the DPS or healingside.

Templars need help like.. yesterday.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing a handful of comments, we would like to remind every that all posts are to be kept constructive, and within the rules. When providing feedback, if you already have a post, or thread, that you feel would be a helpful contribution, please feel free to link it, or even post it again here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 31, 2023 9:00PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ExoY wrote: »
    Patch Notes stated that "frost wall will apply Minor Breach"

However no minor breach is not applied through frost wall according to some testing on the pts.

Apologize if it already got mentioned and I missed it.

it applies minor breach on chilled targets. no chill, no minor breach.
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing for Necromancer but nerfs? The class was already struggling enough as it is...
    Despair for the Living...
  • Manslayer49
    Manslayer49
    ✭✭✭
    People just dont realise just how much a 2 hand 1 bar build stamblade build using the oaken soul ring and full medium armor sucks with 8.5k weapon damage.

i was hoping they would do something to fix that in U37 but they did nothing.

i swear i hit daedroths in over land for 16k white damage with a heavy attack but against players its like 4.5k or less and this is without them blocking.

people say that the max resistence is 50% but these numbers suggest otherwise.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People just dont realise just how much a 2 hand 1 bar build stamblade build using the oaken soul ring and full medium armor sucks with 8.5k weapon damage.

i swear i hit daedroths in over land for 16k white damage with a heavy attack but against players its like 4.5k or less and this is without them blocking.

You need penetration too. If you don't have 16k+ penetration in PvP you won't hit for much. Even in PvE you need 9k pen on some mobs and 18k on others
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

empower, the buff from oakensoul, specifically says "increase heavy attack damage by 80% against monsters".
    you don't get that buff vs players.
    this is working as intended.
  • Manslayer49
    Manslayer49
    ✭✭✭

You need penetration too. If you don't have 16k+ penetration in PvP you won't hit for much. Even in PvE you need 9k pen on some mobs and 18k on others

but you lose a ton of weapon damage by stacking pen so i dont see how that would do anything to improve damage. to get 18k pen you would need to sacrifice like 4k weapon damage most likely and at that point is pen really doing more.

if im hitting overland mobs that have 18k armor for 16k and 18k armor is about 28% damage resistence then 50% resist should be around 10 to 12k but its not.
  • Manslayer49
    Manslayer49
    ✭✭✭
    This thing about pen being better than raw weapon damage in pve is a total myth as i have tested both on target dummies and the amount of damage is roughly the same.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyways... any Stam Warden tests yet ? :)
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think a lot of people are concerned with classes that may not do any better using 2 bars before even thinking about NB with 1 bar
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I got one question about U35 answered: How long was it going to take the Devs to fix their short-sighted changes to Empower that left Empowering Chains completely useless in PVP?

Six months.
    All because U35 was rolled out too quickly to standardize the new effects the Devs added mid-PTS.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 31, 2023 11:08PM
  • Manslayer49
    Manslayer49
    ✭✭✭

I think a lot of people are concerned with classes that may not do any better using 2 bars before even thinking about NB with 1 bar

well someone else brought up weapon damage is giving incorrect damage numbers in pvp nd im inclined to believe its true because the numbers dont add up.

im no mathemetician but if im hitting 16k on a mob that has 28% resist then 50% should be around 12 to 13k damage with a heavy attack against other players according to the the calculator i just used.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well someone else brought up weapon damage is giving incorrect damage numbers in pvp nd im inclined to believe its true because the numbers dont add up.

im no mathemetician but if im hitting 16k on a mob that has 28% resist then 50% should be around 12 to 13k damage with a heavy attack against other players according to the the calculator i just used.

Have to knock off 50% from battle spirit as well. Then many will have minor protection if not major
  • Manslayer49
    Manslayer49
    ✭✭✭

Have to knock off 50% from battle spirit as well. Then many will have minor protection if not major

yea i looked it up and the reason why tanky builds are so broken in pvp vs dps builds wich are pretty much unviable is because of the 50% reduced damage.

I just think that was a very poor decision by zos and probably why dks are so op in pvp because they have tankiness in pvp they normaly wouldnt have in pve.

medium armor is just trash in pvp so ive decided to just stack as much armor as i can to serve as a buffer against people that have 18k pen and just abuse the crap out of undeath.

that seems to be the meta for basicly being nigh unkillable.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

OMG DUDE you're comparing an EMPOWERED HEAVY ATTACK vs a MONSTER and a PLAYER

ao9ywd32h1ja.png

EMPOWER doesn't affect heavy attacks vs PLAYERS
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, I really like most of the changes in this patch notes! However, if there was one thing I am disappointed with, it's the increasing degradation of Templar :( And before you read further, my complaints aren't just the standard "bring back jabs animation" complaint!

There are a lot of buffs to Tanking in this patch! That's great, some really good quality of life improvements for DK tanks in particular! Meanwhile, Templar (and NB) tanks are left out. For instance, removing immobilize from Wall of Frost. From a PvP perspective, it's reallllly nice that the ability is going to telegraph and no longer immobilize! From a PvE perspective, there goes a nice crowd control that Templar could use. Now we have nothing. Sadness.

While on the topic of Wall of Frost, Minor Breach! Welp, I guess I am officially done with Power of the Light. ZOS has been trying to drag it out of my hands for a year now by slowly nerfing it, and cramming the lazer down my throat; now it's just completely redundant. FYI, I know that Pierce Armor was already making it redundant, but some tanks run Ransack guys, come on! But now Tank and Healer will be putting down Frost Walls and procing Minor Breach all the time... it's over and I give up. It doesn't even burst much anymore... *grumble grumble*

Let's be honest, removing Empower from Empowering Sweep was a nerf... the extra duration wasn't really necessary given you are only Empowering Sweep when you can hit like 5+ enemies anyway! Currently, at the current duration, I'm already getting back to Ult it before the times run out! Adding more duration is NOT what the skill needs. Make it reduce damage taken or apply some debuff to the enemies hit. It's BORING as is.

Templar just seems to have been ignored in this patch. We didn't get any goodies to play with and was even nerfed more a bit. Considering how everyone else got buffs AND I'm worried how much Arcanist is going to steal from Templars identity :/ (runes for protection? Healing the group? A spammable eldritch tentacle that JABS out in front of you?!? COME ON ZOS) I'm just disappointed.
    Edited by Billium813 on February 1, 2023 12:54AM
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thing about pen being better than raw weapon damage in pve is a total myth as i have tested both on target dummies and the amount of damage is roughly the same.

does target dummy even have dmg resistance? with all the debuffs.

or did you try on weak dummys?

pen is only needed for solo, dung stuff.
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caesarvs wrote: »
    As someone at the bottom of the damage numbers, all I can say is... pretty disappointing. When are we at the bottom going to be remembered? When are we going to be able to feel strong and not struggle? Light attack weaving and animation canceling should not be mandatory to clear content except for things like the hardest dungeons and trials. My hands hurt so much and get so stiff trying to do all the movements needed to do damage. So disappointing. Forgotten. Unimportant. Maybe one day people like me can play and feel strong and powerful but it doesn't seem to be anytime soon.

What?

Do you ever heard of oakensoul heavy attack builds? You can parse over 80k literally just pressing mouse button e using ultimate when ready.

The people at "bottom of damage numbers" never had a such favorable spot for doing good damage ever before

Those 80k builds are lies to those at the bottom. Every time you see one they are wearing end-game gear that those at the bottom can't get. take off all end-game gear, monster sets, and everything that a beginner or someone who can't run dungeons and trails doesn't have and the numbers you will see are way lower than 80k. WAY LOWER.

Sergeants mail and Slimecraw come from wayrest sewers, stormmaster comes from tempest isle. That’s basically it to max out HA build, no fancy sets needed

Tried that, didn't work by itself. There's more to it than the sets.
    Edited by Pelanora on February 1, 2023 2:38AM