The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to combine AP and campaign success

Tendrielle
Tendrielle
✭✭✭
I believe AP gain and campaign success should be stronger related in Cyrodiil. My idea is simple: when the hourly scoring moment comes, also provide an AP bonus.
This could either be related to the overall AP gain during the last hour, or restricted to the AP achieved for attack and defence of Keeps, Outpost, Resources etc.
I think this would make campaign scoring meaningful for everyone.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of some kind of AP bonus.
    Here is a thought I had.
    An AP bonus for a faction attacking the leading faction. For example. EP is leading the campaign. AD attacks an EP keep and is successful in capturing the keep. Along with the usual AP a bonus is given for capturing a keep from the leading faction. If EP is successful in defending then they will get the bonus.
    Something like this may help balance the campaign score a little by encouraging 2nd and 3rd to attack the leading faction.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS can barley keep you from crashing and getting out of combat 5 min after the fight, baby steps.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea goes counter to some basic change Zos has made to AP. Zos specifically chose to give a low population AP bonus to encourage players to join in when their alliance is low pop. OPs idea goes against that and favors the higher population since in general a higher pop should lead to more scoring during the past hour.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prob is with a currency linked to score folks that want to boost and much about mess with campaign scoring for those that actually care, would be an issue.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Tendrielle
    Tendrielle
    ✭✭✭
    Oh sorry, I realize I haven't been clear enough: the idea was not to get a bonus for any resource etc. captured or defended during the last hour, but only for those where you personally scored. This way, there is no additional disadvantage for lower pops.

Edited by Tendrielle on January 26, 2020 8:40AM
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tendrielle wrote: »
    I believe AP gain and campaign success should be stronger related in Cyrodiil. My idea is simple: when the hourly scoring moment comes, also provide an AP bonus.
    This could either be related to the overall AP gain during the last hour, or restricted to the AP achieved for attack and defence of Keeps, Outpost, Resources etc.
    I think this would make campaign scoring meaningful for everyone.

For those of us whose incentive for playing PvP is to find exciting, challenging fights (and we obtain a lot of AP anyway as a side effect), this will not provide an incentive to do anything for or against any faction's score.
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Tendrielle
    Tendrielle
    ✭✭✭
    Well, what would a ball group make work for the campaign, then?
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @MipMip, while this might be a nice idea for the people who want only AP (which btw I think is a good idea for that sake), it won't give an incentive for the players who wish to just have great fights, whether they are 1vXers, smallmans, or ball groups.
    Those groups typically have many members who already have GOs and don't really value AP anymore, and just wanna enjoy good fights. Those currently have no incentive to fight for the campaign or the faction at all.
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • Tendrielle
    Tendrielle
    ✭✭✭
    Well, you can't solve every problem at once. For the groups @NirnStorm mentioned, you would need group-bg's of their own I believe. And that will take time, if we ever get them at all.

By the way, I also like the idea of @Kagukan , although it relates to a different problem. And isn't there a mechanic like this already in place?
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Group BGs won't provide the same experience for coordinated groups as the open PvP map in Cyrodiil: in Cyrodiil, as a group, you might encounter and challenge yourself against a large enemy zerg, or against an opponent coordinated group, or a mix of both where, while fighting off a zerg of one opposing faction, you would be focusing your attention on another coordinated group of the other opposing faction, or you would be fighting a zerg but being vary of a smaller group attacking from within it... etc, etc, etc... so much more variation and challenges than group BGs can offer

This said, group dueling (for example groups of 2 - 24, not necessarily of equal size) outside of Cyrodiil (like 1 vs 1 duels) would be a nice addition for group vs. group and GvG fights
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Encourages attacking empty objectives, no thanks.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought it would be neat if scoring was tied to AP gains instead of resources/keeps.

Like every 50K AP earned by your alliance would net you 1 point for the score or something like that. At least that way turning the map one color during off hours would not net such a huge gain, and field and mile gate fights would contribute to score.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "