Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

• therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I pray that Arkay shall whisper in Brian's ear...

...Buff Stamplar
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I get like 46-48k with a stamplar nowadays on a Woodelf. I think they're doing fine, maybe not as good as some other classes, but still doing fine.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I get like 46-48k with a stamplar nowadays on a Woodelf. I think they're doing fine, maybe not as good as some other classes, but still doing fine.

A decent Dps test is not what balance is
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is Radiant Ward on pts?

Anyone tested it on a damage magplar?
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »

Haven't tested :(. Templar discord had gifs of the toppling charge change though so get excited lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. It has troll potential.

Not that a 3.4K shield is worth anything in PvP, the damage on the Radiant Ward morph is respectable. Note you get this immediately upon activation with no condition. E4ZCbt6.png

The Blazing shield morph is hopeless though. It cost more magicka, you get a smaller shield, and you’re going to get a lot less damage – always, even if maximized – later. AZqGnJL.png
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 30, 2019 5:42AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. It has troll potential.

Not that a 3.4K shield is worth anything in PvP, the damage on the Radiant Ward morph is respectable. Note you get this immediately upon activation with no condition. E4ZCbt6.png

The Blazing shield morph is hopeless though. It cost more magicka, you get a smaller shield, and you’re going to get a lot less damage – always, even if maximized – later. AZqGnJL.png

So...Radiant ward new spammable? As its shield sucks but damage on cast is good. If you spam it though; maybe you avoid some more damage. We'll have a rotation of radiant ward>explosive charge going here
    Edited by technohic on April 30, 2019 12:23PM
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for my point on Ward (and reinforces what I keep saying about Templar, that it's defense is going offensive) --- a shield for a damage proc with Ward works fine on Magplar DPS --- Blazing I use for Tanks because there is enough health for it to do more than tickle.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Toppling - landing time is comparably same as nb gap-closer in minimal distance. On maximum distance against high mobile enemy - while on live I could land toppling 0 from 10 tries, on pts I could land 9 of 10 tries, so it seems it work fine and cyro will show us if it actually works. Only small problem is it still not teleporting ability like other class gap-closers.

2. Radiant Ward indeed does have potential of being some weird mix of preemptive defense + anti-zerg aoe dps spammable. Its aoe damage equal to damage of aoe skills, like initial hit of Shards that got another 36% boost, so it worth damage as aoe spammable and it scale of spd+max mana but in addition it has damage shield to serve as defensive tool at same time.
    By testing magplar on CP PvP with 30k hp and 42k mana/3.5k spd - amount of damage shield per se is indeed lower than for example Harness Magicka, but due to updated scaling of 9% that apparently affected by aoe caps - thus shield can be 54% (why not make it like comparable skill - dk Inhale - to have uncapped scaling effect? ;) ) stronger against group of opponents - such damage shield of Radiant Ward become even stronger than damage shield of Harness, I.e, does working as defensive tool. So while spamming skill that deal high aoe damage it will also apply damage shield that (with stats I used and ordinary CP allocations) almost equal to strength of non-crit Honor, can't be defiled, will cover our hp that can be restored by hots and automatically proc our minor protection passive that also affect damage shield(in addition that pirate skeleton also will buff this shield with major protection).
    Tl; DR: fighting inside group of at least 6 enemies we can spam Radiant Ward as damage shield to protect us while also deal around enemies damage equal to ordinary aoe damage that got boosted even further.
    Imagine me spamming Radiant in such fight instead of slotting Reflective Light:, where it would work as both preemptive heal and aoe damage that deal more damage than aoe of jabs:
    BUT it wont be as good as it could be on paper because as I already mentioned - Sun Shield skill wasn't audited fully to new aoe standards where 5m pbaoe were changed to be 6m. This audit happened with Whirlwind and also Explosive Charge in addition to its damage increase to match other aoe also got unlisted in patchnotes change from 5m aoe to 6m aoe.

3. Another new problem I noticed with Purifying Light that either got serious ninja-nerf or bugged again (like this skill not ruined enough already):
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Purifying Light bugged again (or else got stealth nerfed):
    Its healing pool was being a global mechanic (like Dodge Fatigue, Jabs vampiric heal, etc.) that cant be purged but now it turned into ordinary debuff that can be purged.
    So now when you purging beam even before it'll expire and proc healing pool debuff - this healing pool debuff also purged despite it didn't even applied as it should be applied after beam expire(like old Fear):
    purifying-light-bug.gif

If it bug - fix it coz it serious bug.
    If it intended nerf - than it seriously hurting skill functionality and add huge inconsistence:
    1. It add inconsistency to how morphs working - as Power of the Light debuff applied immediately and thus purging beam also purge armor debuffs, however Purifying Light debuff apply after beam expire without providing debuff effect till beam expire but now purging purifying light preventing from even possibility to apply morph's effect on target, i.e. no difference in morphed and unmorphed skill.
    2. It also inconsistency to purge mechanic - Power of Light apply 3 debuffs immediately and thus cleansing waste 3 purge slots to cleanse 3 debuffs, but Purifying Light works inconsistently as there is only 1 debuff of beam on target but purging it also count toward removing healing pool debuff that wasn't even applied and, means that debuff that wasn't even applied can be purged.
    3. This is going against morph rule that 2nd debuff of healing pool should get in power (and dealt with than) after 1st debuff got expired/cleansed.
    In case new mechanic of purgable pool is intended: to make it conistent - its healing pool debuff should work same as other morph - proc immediately on casting backlash, not after expire. It will fix both new problems.
    But I hope it just bugged again like before.

4. Radiant Aura - its aoe debuff apply still miss cloaked/stealthed targets and thus contradict aoe rules that everything that got inside aoe should be affected. In the very beginning I remember how reported that result of applying on such targets was revealing them for 1second to apply debuff, and as band-aid fix zos excluded those invisible targets from being affected by Aura, and thus mechanic of this skill being a huge AoE worked against itself.
    So how about fix this problem and revert this old band-aid fix of Aura (it happened even before times of class rep program) as it wasn't fixed properly after all this time.
    As result we will literally receive 28m sonar to reveal for just 1 sec gankers around us upon activation. :D
    radar-gif-7.gif

Edited by Cinbri on May 1, 2019 10:44AM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So..... Who's excited to get Incap'd and just hold block until you die?

Time to dust off the ol' stamblade XD
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    So..... Who's excited to get Incap'd and just hold block until you die?

Time to dust off the ol' stamblade XD

Cinbri: Here you go ZOS. You can fire your game tester now.

::hands detailed list that could fix templar or make it a more consistent audit::

ZOS: Thanks!

::buffs/adjsuts nightblade/necro for 3 patches::
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game has officially become a joke. I'll log in got 2-3 BGs once or twice a week to get my fix in then go about my life.
    What a *** excuse for a game developer company.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game has officially become a joke. I'll log in got 2-3 BGs once or twice a week to get my fix in then go about my life.
    What a *** excuse for a game developer company.

I have a great idea!

ZOS I know this is the templar forum thread, but can you give miss chance to nightblade. Provide it off our restoring path ability!

I tihnk cloak isnt proactive. Can we add major protection too?
    hoping my ideas find their way to templar some how like how they added our suggestions to everyone else lol
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another night of feeling completely outmatched in BGs. lol

When an orc is in my face hacking away with his axe or greatsword, there is pretty much **** I can do to get him off my case. And the same pretty much goes for werewolves clawing and going Howl of Agony every couple of seconds with their pets swarming me. I feel so helpless when under pressure. No way to get out of trouble or turn the fight. My crescent sweep feels pathetic... when it even hits (I'm still trying to figure out how it just passes right through opponents). It's so hard to get off my defensive bar and not just spam Javelin and HtD.
  • sindalstar
    sindalstar
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a ranged DD templar and i wanted to ask, since i don't use it:

What's the current issue with jabs? Is it workable or does it just have a 'hard to hit/buggy' deal
  • sindalstar
    sindalstar
    ✭✭✭
    sindalstar wrote: »

What's the current issue with jabs? Is it workable or does it just have a 'hard to hit/buggy' deal

This is both in a pve and pvp aspect (as i was asking from a pve perspective, but would like to hear the PvP side of it as well)
    Pardon if it's been brought up millions of time in this thread but to be fair, it's a reeeaaaalll long thread
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Current issue ith jabs is, that its a channel longer than the global cooldown, which makes you lose damage from light attacks. Secondly the skills is an aoe channel and therefore doesnt land on moving enemies, since they are most likely already a step outside of the aoe because of server latency (even if an enemy is inside the aoe, he could be out of it already due to latency from enemy pc to server to your pc). Also this skill does not work at all in lag, does not hit anything there. Additionally it gets hard countered by evasion, since its an aoe.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here again how inconsistently zos treating Jabs and Eclipse:
    compare.png

Jabs - zos continuing to treat it as ordinary aoe skill affected by evasion. And now with 0.3 less channel time it should work like rest of abilities with 1sec global cooldown. Yet, Jabs were left outside of AoE standardization this update as its base aoe damage is much lower than ordinary aoe damage: 114x4= 456 while rest of AoEs are 615. difference is huuge.
    As result: as single-target spammable skill underperform as it can be mitigated by Evasion buff; and also as AoE damage skill it also below of AoE standards.

Eclipse - not just after damage nerf it comparable to damage of self-buffs like Scales/Ice Shield that is rudiculous, but also damage of this single-target breakable cc skill is equal to ordinary AoE damage now. So why does our single target skill with longest Internal Cooldown suppose to deal as much damage as AoE (which suppose to deal lower damage coz area of damage apply in compare to single target pressure skills)?
    If zos treat it as self-buffs which are 100% reliable but only against half of attacks (ranged) - make Eclipse unbreakable again and buff its duration from 6sec to 7sec:
    1. It already act on same rules of Morrowind unbreakable version, so right now it has weaknesses of unbreakable Morrowind version but don't have strengths of breakable pre-Morrowind version.
    2. Beside it wont work against CC-immune enemies, it will be reliable against all attacks (melee/ranged) but only with half efficiency because 7sec duration-7sec cc-immunity. Literally reverted self-buff: self-buffs are 100% efficiency against 50% attacks, Eclipse is 50% efficiency against 100% attacks. (still cooldown inconsistent too).
    Or just like was suggested lot of times - make it into ordinary dot with same rules that Inhale has regarding damage-healing skill % of new standards.
    Edited by Cinbri on May 8, 2019 12:33PM
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

Current issue ith jabs is, that its a channel longer than the global cooldown, which makes you lose damage from light attacks. Secondly the skills is an aoe channel and therefore doesnt land on moving enemies, since they are most likely already a step outside of the aoe because of server latency (even if an enemy is inside the aoe, he could be out of it already due to latency from enemy pc to server to your pc). Also this skill does not work at all in lag, does not hit anything there. Additionally it gets hard countered by evasion, since its an aoe.
    compare.png

Jabs - zos continuing to treat it as ordinary aoe skill affected by evasion. And now with 0.3 less channel time it should work like rest of abilities with 1sec global cooldown. Yet, Jabs were left outside of AoE standardization this update as its base aoe damage is much lower than ordinary aoe damage: 114x4= 456 while rest of AoEs are 615. difference is huuge.
    As result: as single-target spammable skill underperform as it can be mitigated by Evasion buff; and also as AoE damage skill it also below of AoE standards.

Eclipse - not just after damage nerf it comparable to damage of self-buffs like Scales/Ice Shield that is rudiculous, but also damage of this single-target breakable cc skill is equal to ordinary AoE damage now. So why does our single target skill with longest Internal Cooldown suppose to deal as much damage as AoE (which suppose to deal lower damage coz area of damage apply in compare to single target pressure skills)?
    If zos treat it as self-buffs which are 100% reliable but only against half of attacks (ranged) - make Eclipse unbreakable again and buff its duration from 6sec to 7sec:
    1. It already act on same rules of Morrowind unbreakable version, so right now it has weaknesses of unbreakable Morrowind version but don't have strengths of breakable pre-Morrowind version.
    2. Beside it wont work against CC-immune enemies, it will be reliable against all attacks (melee/ranged) but only with half efficiency because 7sec duration-7sec cc-immunity. Literally reverted self-buff: self-buffs are 100% efficiency against 50% attacks, Eclipse is 50% efficiency against 100% attacks. (still cooldown inconsistent too).
    Or just like was suggested lot of times - make it into ordinary dot with same rules that Inhale has regarding damage-healing skill % of new standards.

On top of evasion, landing issues and dealing less base damage, are jabs mitigated by 3 CP red tree branches as well?
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    compare.png

They just plain don’t like Templars. Does anyone on the dev team regularly play Stamplar/magplar in PvP?
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    compare.png

They just plain don’t like Templars. Does anyone on the dev team regularly play Stamplar/magplar in PvP?

Rich plays stamplar.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    compare.png

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Gilliam @Checkmath

I mean seriously...can Templar be reviewed during 5.03 with an equivalency effort of at least a 6th grade reading/comprehension level?

Literally all that has to be done with Puncturing Strikes and Morphs is:
    1. Change the cone/area targeting system of the skill to Target
    2. Change the function of the Main damage "nearest target" strike to Single Target damage from AOE damage (Or make AOE damage an exception from Evasion)
    3. Change the function of the AOE damage to standard "Splash Damage" within 3m of target.
    4. On Biting Jabs move the Snare to the first strike.
    5. Make the heal from Sweeps able to Crit again.

Problem solved. You're welcome.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    compare.png

I mean seriously...can Templar be reviewed during 5.03 with an equivalency effort of at least a 6th grade reading/comprehension level?

2. Change the function of the Main damage "nearest target" strike to Single Target damage from AOE damage (Or make AOE damage an exception from Evasion)
    3. Change the function of the AOE damage to standard "Splash Damage" within 3m of target.

I dont know how I should feel about being tagged...
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maybe it was a light touch :)
    Edited by maxjapank on May 8, 2019 1:47PM
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Hasty prayer great for AoE ball groups in pvp, which we dont want to further buff.

If your using this skill in pve, your basically asking to be kicked from a group. Healing springs is preemptive, it has 1/3rd the cost, has better range, can stack, returns mana, plus aslyum staff returns mana/stamina to teamates while using springs.

This skill is ripe to be changed. From a skill that is less cheese and niche over to something that has broader usefulness and can address real templar painpoints.

Stamplars need a better self heal than vigor, especiallyfor tanks. Magplars need a heal over time or some kind of proactive defense.

When you start using the terms "ball groups" and "cheese", it makes me not want to listen. And so what if you don't find every skill useful for you. I think some really enjoy using Hasty Prayer, so why target it? There is another morph of healing ritual that isn't used at all. Why not target that instead?

Templars do have a heal over time with Cleansing Ritual. They also have access to Rapid Regen/Mutagen if your going to use Healing springs
    compare.png

Maybe it was a light touch :)

I meant because of that sentence with comprehension level of a 6th grader....
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry if I posted some extra stuff a sec ago. Didn't check my box..and had a mismatch of stuff i wrote but decide not to write. Should be edited now. lol It was completely unrelated to you Checkmath
    Edited by maxjapank on May 8, 2019 1:49PM
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    compare.png

Checkmath not tagging you as an insult. Just wanted you on there as our Class Rep. Personally, I would step back as a class rep because it seems (from our point of view) like ZOS is just adding salt to the wound by ignoring, what it seems like, eveything you have contributed. I think all class reps should resign.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    compare.png

Checkmath not tagging you as an insult. Just wanted you on there as our Class Rep. Personally, I would step back as a class rep because it seems (from our point of view) like ZOS is just adding salt to the wound by ignoring, what it seems like, eveything you have contributed. I think all class reps should resign.

No need to tag me here, I read everything in here anyway ;)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im frustrated as during a patch cycle, some classes get tweaks every version to appease them. Templar doesn't even get a comment on their feedback after getting handed a turd sandwich.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    compare.png

This is the problem with standardizing things. When something doesn't fit into a neat category, it gets labeled and forced into category it doesn't belong.