The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 22 - Bug Reports for Combat Balance & Abilities

• Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negate and morphs don't proc the Blood Magic passive at all. Not even the initial hit/application.

And during my testing the bubble was invisible. I only had the initial animation and the "pop" effect.
    Edited by Elwendryll on April 29, 2019 10:40AM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Jowrik
    Jowrik
    ✭✭✭
    The moment I start attacking a target dummy in a house I keep getting booted to character select. Doesn't happen on any other occasion.

Nightblade - Khajiit - Rha'Viir
    PC - EU - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Jowrik
    Jowrik
    ✭✭✭
    Snipe didn't feel changed at all (same delay, same break-up when weaving). Only the damage is now way less. It feels kind of weak right now and doesn't feel worth using, especially seeing the channel time. The 1s channel time still feels VERY off to use in a rotation and it honestly feels like i'm semi-breaking the game when I weave accordingly.

My personal suggestions:
    - OR increase snipe's damage by 5% again (still a 20% nerf). Although i'd prefer suggestions below;
    - OR decrease it's channel time more (0.6sec, like Rapid Strikes?) and change the damage accordingly. Regardless, reducing it's channel time by more will make the skill easier to fit into a proper rotation (see Rapid Strikes);
    - OR, and this is one i firmly believe in, make it so Snipe gets slotted for Ultimate and take Rapid Fire as the spammable ability. I know this has been suggested atleast a couple of times on here. The Snipe-ultimate should see a cost increase to 200-250. (maybe see it's damage reduced big time and have a cost of 75).
    -
    You can make this work by reducing the amount of hits Rapid Fire does to 5 and reducing the damage accordingly, on par with other spammable abilities (for instance, every hit amounts to a same amount of damage Rapid Strikes would give, keeping in mind the Hawk Eye passive + Long Shots passive). Actually pretty much the same way Rapid Strikes works for Dual Wield but at range for bow. Morph-wise you could apply the same thing as Rapid Strikes (Extra healing or extra damage on final hit) or add some stacking penetration, short minor force duration, ... Make it so it can be dodgerolled (PVP counter) or blocked. Forget Minor Fracture/Minor Defile (or leave them on ult).
    Edited by Jowrik on April 30, 2019 5:45PM
    Nightblade - Khajiit - Rha'Viir
    PC - EU - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    Jowrik wrote: »
    Snipe
    - OR, and this is one i firmly believe in, make it so Snipe gets slotted for Ultimate and take Rapid Fire as the spammable ability. I know this has been suggested atleast a couple of times on here. The Snipe-ultimate should see a cost increase to 200-250. (maybe see it's damage reduced big time and have a cost of 75).
    -
    You can make this work by reducing the amount of hits Rapid Fire does to 5 and reducing the damage accordingly, on par with other spammable abilities (for instance, every hit amounts to a same amount of damage Rapid Strikes would give, keeping in mind the Hawk Eye passive + Long Shots passive). Actually pretty much the same way Rapid Strikes works for Dual Wield but at range for bow. Morph-wise you could apply the same thing as Rapid Strikes (Extra healing or extra damage on final hit) or add some stacking penetration, short minor force duration, ... Make it so it can be dodgerolled (PVP counter) or blocked. Forget Minor Fracture/Minor Defile (or leave them on ult).

Wow i really love the idea of switching snipe with ultimate and sounds like a perfect fix for few current problems.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe as an Ult would make way more sense and get rid of Snipe spam.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frozen Gate's synergy doesnt seem to be buffed by Battle Spirit. Skill itself is 36 meters but synergy cant be used from that distance
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Purifying Light bugged again (or else got stealth nerfed):
    Its healing pool was being a global mechanic (like Dodge Fatigue, Jabs vampiric heal, etc.) that cant be purged but now it turned into ordinary debuff that can be purged.
    So now when you purging beam even before it'll expire and proc healing pool debuff - this healing pool debuff also purged despite it didn't even applied as it should be applied after beam expire(like old Fear):
    purifying-light-bug.gif

If it bug - fix it coz it serious bug.
    If it intended nerf - than it seriously hurting skill functionality and add huge inconsistence:
    1. It add inconsistency to how morphs working - as Power of the Light debuff applied immediately and thus purging beam also purge armor debuffs, however Purifying Light debuff apply after beam expire without providing debuff effect till beam expire but now purging purifying light preventing from even possibility to apply morph's effect on target, i.e. no difference in morphed and unmorphed skill.
    2. It also inconsistency to purge mechanic - Power of Light apply 3 debuffs immediately and thus cleansing waste 3 purge slots to cleanse 3 debuffs, but Purifying Light works inconsistently as there is only 1 debuff of beam on target but purging it also count toward removing healing pool debuff that wasn't even applied and, means that debuff that wasn't even applied can be purged.
    3. This is going against morph rule that 2nd debuff of healing pool should get in power (and dealt with than) after 1st debuff got expired/cleansed.
    In case new mechanic of purgable pool is intended: to make it conistent - its healing pool debuff should work same as other morph - proc immediately on casting backlash, not after expire. It will fix both new problems.
    But I hope it just bugged again like before.
    Edited by Cinbri on May 1, 2019 10:08AM
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as EU player, last night I logged to the pts with my pre-existing (from live) cp 900+ Templar healer and cast healing springs on myself.

Combat logs shows: "you heal yourself with healing springs for 70"...70 only !!! In utter unbelief I pull some mobs, have them bring my health down to around 10% and spam a few healing springs. I notice they heal me up fine as they should so it seems that only the numbers are off somehow. I'm not sure if this is purely because of the addons interpreting something wrong or the game itself presenting wrong numbers but I thought I should report it.

• e-rwan
    e-rwan
    ✭✭
    I hope i'm in the good thread.
    about cast/chanelling abilities:
    Removed the 200ms post global cooldown from cast time abilities. This was done to improve the feeling of using these abilities in rapid succession with other abilities, to allow for a more fluid transition, and less down time between usage. We also made some adjustments to the cast times and power levels of specific abilities, which will be called out on a per case basis in further notes.
    Uppercut: Reduced the damage dealt from this ability and its morphs by 14% to make up for the removal of the post global noted above. Note this will result in a 6% overall DPS increase when used in quick succession.
    Snipe:
    Reduced the cast time of this ability and its morphs to 1 second from 1.1 seconds.
    Reduced the damage dealt by 25% to make up for the removal of the post global noted earlier.

as suggested by @jowrik i'll post this here:

uppercut live(≈0,83/s):
    rz2iv4nqu07y.jpeg
    uppercut PTS(≈0,83/s):
    4r0cspf3c9xp.jpeg
    jabs live(≈3/s or ≈0.98/s):
    qji5odbyxloe.jpeg
    jabs PTS(≈3,9/s or ≈0,75/s):
    grps9yoteitl.jpeg
    snipe live(≈0,79/s):
    jrqsc8oedzvd.jpeg
    snipe PTS(≈0,86/s):
    t3ef99k2a7hg.jpeg

this is not the best test ever as potion buff doesn't have same uptime in every test but I just wanted to see how the reduced cast/channeling time impacted concerned skills as in hit/seconds.
    jabs hits faster and deals same damage as on live while snipe and uppercut deals less damage but have the same cast time as on live.
    many post about this on the pts forum considering it's a nerf, would be nice to know if it is working as intended, or not.
    Edited by e-rwan on May 4, 2019 2:23PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Nightblades!

Minor mangle has consistenty issue big time. I have see it work on some bosses, some elite mobs, some trashobs but doesn't work on same type of mobs in same dungeon. Also works differently in old content vs new.
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This first pic is just snipe with human reaction and lag I will concede that 1.09 means the snipe change is working as intended et1qyh6gjlqm.png

But then when only weaving in LA the numbers get funky and go back to what is on live now. For the trolls who will show up a .7 LA ratio with a 1 second cast time skill is actually really good. 1.4 secs inbetween when weaving is what is on live right now once again conceding that with human reaction and lag time the extra .1 sec. Both test were right around 100 fps/90 latency 922fja6cbzdp.png

And I went as simple as I could with gear and skills were only bow, armor and race for sustain. iv1eftaj821t.png

There is something wrong with snipe and how the timing goes as soon as doing anything other than just straight spamming snipe please get it looked into. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This first pic is just snipe with human reaction and lag I will concede that 1.09 means the snipe change is working as intended et1qyh6gjlqm.png

But then when only weaving in LA the numbers get funky and go back to what is on live now. For the trolls who will show up a .7 LA ratio with a 1 second cast time skill is actually really good. 1.4 secs inbetween when weaving is what is on live right now once again conceding that with human reaction and lag time the extra .1 sec. Both test were right around 100 fps/90 latency 922fja6cbzdp.png

And I went as simple as I could with gear and skills were only bow, armor and race for sustain. iv1eftaj821t.png

There is something wrong with snipe and how the timing goes as soon as doing anything other than just straight spamming snipe please get it looked into. @ZOS_GinaBruno

this goes for all cast times/channels too BTW. Jabs/sweeps, wreckling blow morphs, dark flare, etc. Zos has yet to respond, and I am 90% sure this will hit live since nightblades took up too much dev time.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spring loaded infusion food gives less stats than normal trifood (i believe it was said that they should give the same)

mobs still get root immunity and no word if it is intended or not. If it is intended it is quite bad designed since this game has no aoe taunt and the only good way to keep a group from getting overran is by rooting the small adds and keeping the big enemies taunted. (see bug report from first week pts) Also some mechanics will get quite screwed if adds will have root immunity

i guess that bloody mara (gold food) giving a little more stats than normal blue food is intended?

tooltip of how much each food gives seem to be off for a lot of them in the char stat page under active buffs

Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • angeleda
    angeleda
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why wasn't Nature's Embrace (all morphs) get reworked into something that doesn't trigger the (not working against real cheaters) "speedhack prevention" mechanics and locks chars out of the game with ZoS not replying for weeks in tickets about them???
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angeleda wrote: »
    Why wasn't Nature's Embrace (all morphs) get reworked into something that doesn't trigger the (not working against real cheaters) "speedhack prevention" mechanics and locks chars out of the game with ZoS not replying for weeks in tickets about them???

Maybe if Embrace actually had its speed increased like all other gap closers the stupid rubberbanding that triggers this mechanics wouldn’t occur