The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blazeplars have been pretty much dead since that damage stacking bug was fixed shortly after release. Since then, they as well as the infamous Dark Flare gankplars were proof of concept characters only - How often were you actually killed by either of them ? In my case zero times I can remember, i don't think DF in particular EVER showed up on my death recap.

Blazplars, never killed. Flarplars only killed when zerged and they stopped using flare when I would engage 1v1 lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars were and are the best healer in PvP and PvE without healing ritual. If we make it usefull, that will make templars even more best in slot for healer, ZoS dont want it. They nerfed templar healer a d buff others for a reason.

Here comes the opinion: remove it, give stamplar something. Magplar dont need it, stamplar needs some buffs. A completely new skill can cure few problems with stamplar. It dont have to be heal too, 3rd and 5th skills are not heal. It can be whatever ZoS decide to buff stamplars.

Magplar in PvP needs better self healing (not group healing, mind you) so a good self HoT from its class skills is heavily desired.

If they would just make the Puncturing Sweep heal actually good, there wouldn't be as much of an issue, but magplars currently can't go on the offensive in PvP for very long due to only having Breath of Life/Honor the Dead and purge currently, which are both very expensive to use repetitively.
  • tnarrant
    tnarrant
    Soul Shriven
    The flare nerf is ridiculous. Decreasing the cast time by 10% but the damage by 37% doesn't balance out at all; it means a heavy overall nerf to the skill, making it much less worthwhile. Saying that the damage decrease is because of the lowered cast time is a cop-out since casting resources are a limiting factor anyway, especially after the past sustain nerfs in the game. Just once I'd like to see an MMO that knew how to do something besides nerf repeatedly.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk, i used to dominate with my flare builds back in the day of self empowering flares. Solo and small group. Those days are long gone, especially now.

I wish they would tie major sorcery to a skill i use lol. Starting an engagement just trying to get buffed up is really a sweet back in competitive games environments. At least magblade can buff and stealth to reset the fight. Every other class starts with an attack, we start a second behind every fight. Just tie it to ritual and make it so we are granted it as long as we're standing in it. I want that bar slot of degeneration back.
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Idk, i used to dominate with my flare builds back in the day of self empowering flares. Solo and small group. Those days are long gone, especially now.

I wish they would tie major sorcery to a skill i use lol. Starting an engagement just trying to get buffed up is really a sweet back in competitive games environments. At least magblade can buff and stealth to reset the fight. Every other class starts with an attack, we start a second behind every fight. Just tie it to ritual and make it so we are granted it as long as we're standing in it. I want that bar slot of degeneration back.

Well, every self respecting magplar who solos uses and will still continue using mist form for dmg mitigation. Considering that:

Any magplar build you run, you have to have 4 very same spells - Honor of the dead, cleanse, mist and rune.

There is 0 diversity or game planning. Those are a must. You cant change them or play around without them. You cant make builds around other things because anything you build will be set for maximum 2-4 abilities, at best, considering the other slots may also be kept for self support/sustain reasons, like random cc etc. So technically every magplar build is either

a) spamming sweeps and hoping they hit, and if they hit, that they dont heal the enemies (since they deal complete ** damage, everyone knows it, paper doesnt work - they are mitigated by 3CPs, multiple sets and skills)
    b) Dark Flare gankplars, RIP next patch
    c) Random Zergsurfing Healbots
    d) Purge bots (even though any mag class can do it)
    e) Try to use elemental weapon but realize you are better of playing a sorc or a magblade.

So technically and practically you can run 2 builds which would represent a templar, and 1 of those is about to die.

ZOS logic, data analytic levels and interns who balance the PvP combat are at its best. Btw im not sure if its interns but it must be, else I would be even more sad.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some balancing news for those who missed last eso live:
    1. Radiant Aura will cost zero mana, like Repentance or Drain. So it will stop being sustain skill that drain your sustain.
    2. All gap-closers will no longer have 60% snare but will be much faster in closing gap, range of hitting target after charge completed will be increased to prevent high mobile targets to simply outrun it. All gap-closers(including Toppling Charge) won't have minimal range anymore.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    1. Radiant Aura will cost zero mana, like Repentance or Drain. So it will stop being sustain skill that drain your sustain.
    2. All gap-closers will no longer have 60% snare but will be much faster in closing gap, range of hitting target after charge completed will be increased to prevent high mobile targets to simply outrun it. All gap-closers (including Toppling Charge) won't have minimal range anymore.

@Cinbri thanks for this. i had no clue they had considered these changes.
    one thing i have been meaning to ask is about explosive charge. every time i take total dark off my bars i find myself in a situation where i would've survived if i had it, and toppling charge is a great tool to handle magsorcs and other ranged specs. but i got to thinking since explosive charge is getting a damage buff (not to mention another 8% from lightning staff passives) and i have TD as my main CC, was wondering if explosive charge will still apply the off balance on every use?
    can someone with access to PTS test this, it sounds like quite a good buff to explosive, might be good to use over toppling charge.

been having some fun on my flareplar this past few nights, it's been a fun ride with the build. i've been getting the last few miles out of it before the gear gets put into retirement and put into my housing storage.
    RIP- Soulshine!!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Too bad Necromancer has a house that seemingly can kill you, whereas Templar freely puts out a welcome mat to get dogpiled on.

They said nearly the same thing on ESO Live, except that for Necro it's "don't come in my area I'm gonna #$%^ you up" whereas Templar's area denial is "I am tanky and I'm healing my friends".
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice buffs for templar(mainly mag) on Eso live.

Especially like the toppling charge change, as now they have addressed pretty much all my issues with this skill, the fact that off balance was pointless with the new interrupt mechanic, and that this skill becomes dead in close combar, where the minimal range means you cant use it.

As for radiant aura change, i already run ele drain so it doesnt affect me much, but they have just handed another super strong tool to healplars, especially in no cp and bgs.

The anwser they gave about stamina class identitiy wasnt suprising at all, it was clear that this patch they are looking at consistency between skill types and not looking at the relative power between classes.

Good to know its on their radar, and i would be even happier if we didnt have to wait 3 months in-between any meaningful changes. Theres a reason the class forums get so active during PTS cycles.

A bit of extra feedback:

Dark Flare:
    The 37% percent damage nerf is completely injustified, not sure where its coming from, snipe already had better scaling that DF, so there isnt much consistency here.
    This ability is not used in endgame PVE rotations as there are better single target spammables, and this nerf will make it even less likely to make it more appealing.

Make it instant cast and adjust its damage accordingly, please. Templar have the most amount of channeled/cast time abilities, we wouldnt die on our swords to keep one.

Backlash:

This skill is in dire straits atm.

It has glaring design flaws, as in it doesnt scale with most of our offensive CPs(only spell erosion/piercing), but gets mitigated with all the appropiate defensince CPs(Elemental defender/hardy and ironclad)

Both magicka and stamina templars get class based boost to our spell and weapon damage, yet this skill scales with neither.

We have built in Major Prophecy/Savagery and a unique 10% critical damage bonus, yet this skill cannot critically strike.

What it scales with is our max resource, which we have no in-class scaling for, and penetration, wich bar POTL-s minor debuffs, we have, again, no in-class access to.

The one scenario where this skill can still shine atm in PvE is healers running the Stamina morph for the minor debuffs.

On the PTS stamina templars no longer run this skill as it doesnt do enough damage, to justify even casting it.

To @Checkmath , if you get a chance please bring this up with the combat designers, as this skill is very out of place for templars at the moment, with its massive anti-synergy with our class toolkit and buffs.

As to how to fix it id suggest making it scale with our spell/weapon damage as well as our max resource, adjust the copied damage release to 50%, make it only count the casters damage, make it able to crit, and make the released damage scale with the appropiate offensive CPs.

The Maximum released damage scaling can always be adjusted if the skill over/under perfroms, but this way at least it will be much more in line with our class toolkit.

Healing Ritual:

This skill isnt used much, exept maybe in very large groups, and even then...
    The cost effectiveness ratio isnt bad, however cheaper skills like healing spring get the job done better for a lesser cost.

I would suggest changing this skill to a healing over time ability much like vigor, with one magicka and one stamina moprh.

In PvP stamina templars currently have the worst defensinve/healing capabilities of all class, while magicka templars are often reduced to playing yo-yo with their healthbars using Rushed Ceremony.

This change would help both specs live up to their expectation of being able to stay in the fray while supporting our allies with heals and buffs.

The magicka morph could have an increased range for PVE healers, the stamina one (hasty prayer), could provide minor expedition to all allies(maximum of 6) affected.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    2. All gap-closers will no longer have 60% snare but will be much faster in closing gap, range of hitting target after charge completed will be increased to prevent high mobile targets to simply outrun it. All gap-closers (including Toppling Charge) won't have minimal range anymore.

@Cinbri thanks for this. i had no clue they had considered these changes.
    one thing i have been meaning to ask is about explosive charge. every time i take total dark off my bars i find myself in a situation where i would've survived if i had it, and toppling charge is a great tool to handle magsorcs and other ranged specs. but i got to thinking since explosive charge is getting a damage buff (not to mention another 8% from lightning staff passives) and i have TD as my main CC, was wondering if explosive charge will still apply the off balance on every use?
    can someone with access to PTS test this, it sounds like quite a good buff to explosive, might be good to use over toppling charge.

been having some fun on my flareplar this past few nights, it's been a fun ride with the build. i've been getting the last few miles out of it before the gear gets put into retirement and put into my housing storage.
    RIP- Soulshine!!

No, only Toppling Charge grant off-balance always, while Explosive is AoE interrupt like Deep Breath. Reason why Toppling was changed is coz new interrupting rules in 3.3.5 made functionality of morph negated by those new rules. So skill was just updated.
    Edited by Cinbri on April 27, 2019 8:40PM
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any health based heals for Templar tanks added ?

Any aoe immobilize added for Templar’s ?

No?

Ok wake me when we are on even playing field
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They didn't go into a lot. I'd assume looking at roles of classes as well as stam variations are all at least a year away. They're doing class actives now and some weapon actives, then plan to look at armor actives. Then passives will probably get a pass similar to the actives. And they mentioned once they have everything in a budget to look at, they will evaluate mag/stam morphs and original classes not having what Warden and Necro have in clear trees for tank, heal, and damage.

I'd also assume nothing ever goes as planned. And if you play a role that's not hugely popular for your class, there's just less people promoting that it needs support so it's easy to not be touched
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Healing Ritual:

This skill isnt used much, exept maybe in very large groups, and even then...
    The cost effectiveness ratio isnt bad, however cheaper skills like healing spring get the job done better for a lesser cost.

I would suggest changing this skill to a healing over time ability much like vigor, with one magicka and one stamina moprh.

In PvP stamina templars currently have the worst defensinve/healing capabilities of all class, while magicka templars are often reduced to playing yo-yo with their healthbars using Rushed Ceremony.

This change would help both specs live up to their expectation of being able to stay in the fray while supporting our allies with heals and buffs.

The magicka morph could have an increased range for PVE healers, the stamina one (hasty prayer), could provide minor expedition to all allies(maximum of 6) affected.

For it's current cost, at least give it back the 2 pops (1 main, 3s wait and a second pop for 1/2 value). It worked great like that with the cast time and old cost, was even overperforming if used properly --- so putting that functionality back with the current high cost would make it more useful than "oh...a button!"

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play Magplar in PvE. The skills I never even think about equipping -- in either morph -- are:
    • Piercing Javelin
    • Sun Shield
    • Healing Ritual
    • Rite of Passage

Focused Charge is almost on that list, but perhaps it will have a use in Round 5 of VMA. Eclipse also seems pretty useless if I'm correct that it doesn't work on bosses.

I actually like Purifying Light, because it combines an OK heal and OK damage.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hasty Prayer ( morph of healing ritual ) is probably the best group burst heal in pvp. It’s expensive, but heals six people for as much as breath of life does. The 10% speed is welcome, too. It is so good, that I have completely taken Breath / honor off my bars and just use this. I am guaranteed to get this heal when others are around. Breath / honor may go to someone else. And not only do I get the heal, so do five other people around me. It is not a solo spell, but as Cyrodiil involves large scale fights, it is much more beneficial. It can often keep pugs around you alive when they are being bombed.

I have never heard of the other morph of Healing Ritual being used. Perhaps something could be done with it.
  • Kuratius
    Kuratius
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see templars get a targeted aoe heal for olo procs.

@maxjapank Hasty prayer is actually the only morph worth using because the "heal a target outside of this ability's radius" morph is bugged and doesn't heal the person with the lowest health, it heals the one that is farthest away. Which is usually some sorc's stupid pet.
    The utility provided by the speedbuff is hard to quantify, but I think it's more valuable.
    Edited by Kuratius on April 28, 2019 8:46AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've started running the famous stamwarden to compare only because it has the reputation as 1 of, if not the best, small man pvp classes and is a brawler similar to my stamplar. TBH, I don't know that I prefer it over my stamplar, but; I'm new to it and managed to perform about as well as I would on my stamplar in open world pvp, running in a group of 6 even while missing Vigor for a while, and most of the assault and support passives. And landing/remembering shalks is still at a noob level.

What sticks out to me is using dizzying swing as both CC and my spammable, it outpaces jabs. Both take a second time land full power and both are difficult to do so, but 1 does the CC and you only need to land it once. Then minor protection is up just using my armor buff compared to having to use a spear ability every 3 seconds and that might be the only reason to use jabs over any weapon line spammable that are only getting better in Elswyr. Even a cleave to suffer the same major evasion downside.

I have maybe not better healing but a class skill burst heal, while not as big as a full rally timer. Is way more convenient on demand and spammed and nothing is really stopping me from using both.

I ran trees as my back bar ultimate and while you cant ret too far while it's in use, you can keep fighting while being healed unlike remembrance

If I look at my stamplar, or any templar it seems the big benefit is extended ritual. I really feel like this is the single real plus of templar as a whole anymore as others even are getting burst heals and becoming competent healers. And then ER is not really needed to much if you have a templar who already uses it to synergize or, efficiently purge doesnt cleanse as much but shortens everything when ER stops flat out at 5.

I realize this is just anecdotal evidence at best. Really; I'm just conveying my feedback on how it feels to play. To me it feels like we're slipping and the only reason to play my main class since beta might only be familiarity.
    Edited by technohic on April 28, 2019 1:32PM
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    I play Magplar in PvE. The skills I never even think about equipping -- in either morph -- are:
    • Piercing Javelin
    • Sun Shield
    • Healing Ritual
    • Rite of Passage

Focused Charge is almost on that list, but perhaps it will have a use in Round 5 of VMA. Eclipse also seems pretty useless if I'm correct that it doesn't work on bosses.

Javelin's cost is too high to use as a spammable consistently, but IF you can maintain it, it puts out damage like the old Dark Flare used to.

Sun Shield is a niche, you have to build around it mostly, but if using it as a dps, it gets a bit dicey.

Healing Ritual I used to use as my primary heal with the channel, and it was no issue in vet dlc content, and as noted is a much more efficient heal than Breath of Life.

Rite of Passage also niche, works nice on a tank as an extra "oh salmon!" button.

Explosive/Focused charge I slot in and out, depends on the content and if a gap-close is useful.

You are right about eclipse, it doesn't work on bosses as they are immune to CC.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vajrak wrote: »
    • Piercing Javelin
    • Sun Shield
    • Healing Ritual
    • Rite of Passage

Javelin's cost is too high to use as a spammable consistently, but IF you can maintain it, it puts out damage like the old Dark Flare used to.

Sun Shield is a niche, you have to build around it mostly, but if using it as a dps, it gets a bit dicey.

Healing Ritual I used to use as my primary heal with the channel, and it was no issue in vet dlc content, and as noted is a much more efficient heal than Breath of Life.

Rite of Passage also niche, works nice on a tank as an extra "oh salmon!" button.

Explosive/Focused charge I slot in and out, depends on the content and if a gap-close is useful.

You are right about eclipse, it doesn't work on bosses as they are immune to CC.

Unstable core works on bosses, but only the AOE DMG burst.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasty prayer great for AoE ball groups in pvp, which we dont want to further buff.

If your using this skill in pve, your basically asking to be kicked from a group. Healing springs is preemptive, it has 1/3rd the cost, has better range, can stack, returns mana, plus aslyum staff returns mana/stamina to teamates while using springs.

This skill is ripe to be changed. From a skill that is less cheese and niche over to something that has broader usefulness and can address real templar painpoints.

Stamplars need a better self heal than vigor, especiallyfor tanks. Magplars need a heal over time or some kind of proactive defense.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Hasty prayer great for AoE ball groups in pvp, which we dont want to further buff.

If your using this skill in pve, your basically asking to be kicked from a group. Healing springs is preemptive, it has 1/3rd the cost, has better range, can stack, returns mana, plus aslyum staff returns mana/stamina to teamates while using springs.

This skill is ripe to be changed. From a skill that is less cheese and niche over to something that has broader usefulness and can address real templar painpoints.

Stamplars need a better self heal than vigor, especiallyfor tanks. Magplars need a heal over time or some kind of proactive defense.

Exactly.

I think changing this skill to a heal over time with one mag/ one stam morph would be excellent.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk if you have already or not, but if the Templar class reps could put a word forward for Stamina Templar defenses/overall survivability, especially proactive defense, that would be great. I’m finally dropping medium because with the awesome buff to RAT, shacklebreaker (for the magicka) and ravager in heavy is going to way out perform medium with shuffle. I didn’t want to run heavy but medium is so far in the dust right now it’s a joke. Classes like magicka sorc rip through medium armor Stamplar so fast it’s laughable.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Idk if you have already or not, but if the Templar class reps could put a word forward for Stamina Templar defenses/overall survivability, especially proactive defense, that would be great. I’m finally dropping medium because with the awesome buff to RAT, shacklebreaker (for the magicka) and ravager in heavy is going to way out perform medium with shuffle. I didn’t want to run heavy but medium is so far in the dust right now it’s a joke. Classes like magicka sorc rip through medium armor Stamplar so fast it’s laughable.

Stamplar survivability was mentioned one year ago, when the program started and was brought up in pretty much every meeting we had. lack of decent healing power of stamplars combined with the general lack of proactive defense on templars...
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »

This skill is ripe to be changed. From a skill that is less cheese and niche over to something that has broader usefulness and can address real Templar painpoints.

In it's current iteration, agreed---it doesn't do enough for what it should.

In it's prior incarnation with the cast time and secondary heal, it put out an amazing amount of healing, if someone went low it gave them ultimate, and the range of it is almost the same size as Cleansing Ritual, so you can move around quite a bit while hitting the targets who need it.

Removal of the slow-on-cast was all that was needed to keep it competitive, and every change from there on has just degraded the skill further and further.

It was balanced for PvP by being a channel, even with the secondary 1/2 value heal 3s later, because it left you open to offbalance/interrupt. It was balanced for PvE by being semi-mobile but having a cast time for the huge amount of healing it put out on all targets and that the efficiency on it was extremely high -- 50 casts before needing to use a potion, while keeping Mutagen and Combat Prayer up, and still able to throw a Ward if/when needed.

Magplar doesn't really need a HoT effect for vast majority of content, only really in PvP. Stamplars have a damn good heal in Rally, Vigor is a secondary option.

As for proactive defense....Magplar can actually use Radiant Ward/Blazing Shield or Magicka Harness --- both work rather well, and can stack nicely if you really feel you need the extra defense...so not seeing that as an issue.

Stamplar is a bit more limited, but if you go 2H you have Brawler---so yeah, it is lacking a class-based one, but seeing as Stam play is build around Weapon skills over Class skills, I don't see that as being a particular issue, just people trying to whine they don't have one because they only want to use DW.

A lot of the pain points I see people bring up are just things they want a different way to accomplish with Stamina (via class skills instead of weapon skills..at which point, why not just play Mag?) or are only looked at from the lens of "well why should I have to change!?" --- because the game isn't built to cater to you, it's built to please as many people as possible (not aimed at you Drdeath).

All of that said, the skills that keep coming up as lacking functionality or having been nerfed to the point they aren't worth slotting:

Dark Flare --- without boosting it's damage on the next attack, is really lack luster. With the damage reduction on it, it should cause an AoE burst around the target, or give it an ability back to boost it's next cast. It has niche usage in PvP, and virtually none in PvE.

Piercing Javelin --- the cost is just too high, and it keeps it from being well utilized. If the cost is going to remain, then give it some functionality of adding a DoT effect that can proc Burning Light---and put it on both morphs, so Stamplar has another reliable source of Burning Light. If reluctant to do that, then reduce the cost by about 30%, to make it viable in a rotation, and fix the bloody effect. PIERCING should be a single target root, not a knockback. Aurora can remove the root effect to instead put a small range (4m) burst around the target for 1/2 damage (without increasing the base damage).

Eclipse --- remove the CC effect already; make it a debuff/cleanse instead of a CC effect---then both morphs have use in both PvE and PvP, as they can apply to bosses. DPS can utilize it for an extra control/burst, tanks can utilize it as an extra source of self-healing (something Templar players keep asking for on their tank). Scale them appropriately, with damage value based off of max damage stat (so Stamplar and Magplar both have the option for it), scale the heal with Health so that Templar would have the % based heal many desire.

Jabs/Sweeps --- figure out the coding here, because sometimes its responsive, others its not. Consider increasing the damage-per-hit as once you cast it you are pretty committed to it (not excessively due to Burning Light proc chances, perhaps 15-17% increase).
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

Stamplar survivability was mentioned one year ago, when the program started and was brought up in pretty much every meeting we had. lack of decent healing power of stamplars combined with the general lack of proactive defense on templars...

Thanks for that anyway. Maybe they just haven’t figured out how they want to do it? I also keep hearing about class rep discords, is there a Templar or even more specifically a stamina Templar discord?
    Edited by Vapirko on April 29, 2019 3:21PM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As expected, 0 changes apart from the ones teased on ESO live.

I guess we can wait for another 3-6 months for any changes.

I like how NBs and Dks are getting mechanical reworks and balance passes to multiple skills, meanwhile we barely get anything :(
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    As expected, 0 changes apart from the ones teased on ESO live.

I guess we can wait for another 3-6 months for any changes.

I like how NBs and Dks are getting mechanical reworks and balance passes to multiple skills, meanwhile we barely get anything :(

Well outside of total dark nerf and a lateral change to vamps bane they did buff blazing spear, made cleasing ritual somewhat useful to stam, removed min distance and snare and useless effect on toppling charge and made radiant aura usefull.

That is kinda a decent amount but i also want more.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for proactive defense....Magplar can actually use Radiant Ward/Blazing Shield or Magicka Harness --- both work rather well, and can stack nicely if you really feel you need the extra defense...so not seeing that as an issue.

Blazing Shield scales with health and on my magplar it hardly makes it any easier to go on offense. It costs too much for it to pop as quickly as it does, and every second I spend re-casting it is an opportunity lost to put my opponent on their heels. If this shield could stun when it pops that would actually give me a second to get out of a defensive posture.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on April 29, 2019 7:54PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

Thanks for that anyway. Maybe they just haven’t figured out how they want to do it? I also keep hearing about class rep discords, is there a Templar or even more specifically a stamina Templar discord?

There are stam/mag sub sections in the templar discord. We talk about both heavily! Though many stamplar mains are not happy and havent given much feedback except "options are stale" and "class has no buff this update".
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Blazing Shield scales with health and on my magplar it hardly makes it any easier to go on offense. It costs too much for it to pop as quickly as it does, and every second I spend re-casting it is an opportunity lost to put my opponent on their heels. If this shield could stun when it pops that would actually give me a second to get out of a defensive posture.

yea agreed. This is my last feedback till templar gets the love it needs to be compeitive outside healbots.

Templar still needs the following:
    - additional proactive defense that isnt a boring shield/armor buff so we dont have to rely on BOL all the time
    - stamplar healing returned to major mending levels
    - jabs animation fixes
    - javelin to be updated
    - potl/purfying light reworks
    - stamplar defense needs to return and stam morphs that work together
    - various bug fixes
    - various passive reworks
    - identity to be proposed and communicated to the community on how the devs see templars now that the wrobel house idea is better used on other classes.
    - dark flare/total dark/vamp bane rip into magplar burst further pushing templars to healbots
    - no AOE immobilze for PVE tanks
    - too niche defensive ultimates.
    - blazing shield subject to too many nerfs resulting in dead skill
    - no major sorcery punishing small offensive window
    - no moble friendly hot.

Templar got fixed the following:
    - toppling off balance on cast.
    - gap closer supposed to be faster and no minimal range
    - jabs less time on casts
    - dark flare less time on casts
    - stamplar has 480 stam every 2 seconds now
    - radiant ward shield changes
    - burning light undodgeable
    - solar barrage unreflected dot pressure
    - repentance no longer has cap
    - radiant aura no longer has cost and has duration matching ele drain
    - extended ritual scales off your highest stat now so heal is more constant across specs

There is still lots to do and sadly most of those went passed while we saw them added to necro/sorcs/NB and even DK.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual