Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Reps] Meeting Notes - September 25

• Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    ManicDee wrote: »
    How about scaling all shields based on HP, rather than some on HP and others on Magicka? This will help address the issue of ignoring mechanics by boosting DPS since tradeoffs will have to be made between max magicka (to scale DPS) and max health (to scale survivability). Then Bastion still has a purpose in existence.

The CP system unfortunately means that DPS are wondering around with the same resistances as tanks used to have. Cloudrest and Sload's addressed this by using oblivion damage which completely ignores resistances. I wonder if the CP system needs to introduce negatives for each perk to ensure balance? For example, each resistance boost is a net negative to DPS and sustain. Improving "Hardy" might reduce spell damage and weapon damage by a similar percentage to the reduction to incoming damage.

Agree. All shields should scale of HP. Block damage mitigation should scale of stamina and resistances. Shields are going to have resistances from the next patch so. Tanks with huge HP will be viable more, with huge stamina also and with mixed also. Resistance will be more useful on tank as running 2x as any other chars.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    hp shields are weak
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    All those cry babies sorcs won against ZOS. So pitiful how ZOS lowered their pants...
    As if those class representative never faced shield stacking sorcs in pvp.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killmove wrote: »
    All those cry babies sorcs won against ZOS. So pitiful how ZOS lowered their pants...
    As if those class representative never faced shield stacking sorcs in pvp.

Shield are the worst defense in PVP.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After adding crits to shields, shield should be increased around 20% not nerfed. Still not getting my money back ZOS.
    Edited by bardx86 on September 27, 2018 10:47PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS feels that shields are quite a potent defense mechanic in that they are both excellent reactive and can be used proactively (something Breath of Life cannot)

I love how ZoS feels we're idiots that thinks spamming BoL while blocking is non existant while at the same time spamming shields while blocking is draining stamina and not reducing dmg that shields recive at all.

• DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett let just weapon skills will be enabled on the overload 3rd bar, and just copy the 1st or 2nd bar where the overload is to empty slots of the 3rd bar to avoid confusion of those who don't know about 3rd bar.
    Don't remove it please.
    Edited by DorianDragonRaze on September 28, 2018 7:06PM
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How. The. Actual. ***. Does. Wrobel. Still. Work. Here?

XBox NA
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joy's Feedback for Templars can be found here :)
    Edited by Joy_Division on September 27, 2018 11:22PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well answer is simple he is combat lead designer so in theory he should know combat the best out of all people that works in ZoS so basicly there is noone there who would know if he's doing good or bad job at balancing.
  • Freddycruz89
    Freddycruz89
    ✭✭✭
    @Quantum_V Thank you for the clarifications on the StamDk pain points. I refuse to re roll my main to Mag or play a different toon, so I hope the class will be more useful soon. <3
    Octavius Maximus, Founder of The Maester' Order
    PS4 NA. Role Player. Housing Fanatic. Part Time Achievement Hunter.
    | Princely Dawnlight Palace |
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    Instant cast is required in this fast paced combat.

40% of max hp is pretty freaking low considering most DPS only run ~17k.

A 7k shield isn't worth anything, even my DK Tank's Igneous shield is more than that.

Simple solution. Put attribute points into health and roll dodge more. Want more DPS? Bring a Stam character to the Dungeon\Trail. That was the whole point.
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40% is way too low for pve. And ok for pvp. You kinda can't shieldstack anymore with that. Maybe keep shields the same on pve but make them 50% hp in pvp zones? And remove resistances and crits on them. Resists on shields are kinda wanky idea anyway, will result in already op stamina builds in heavy with capped resistances taking advantage adding undaunted stamina shield to permablock, for example.
    Edited by Witar on September 28, 2018 1:48AM
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate you, Class Reps o:)
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    What a plan! Add a gigantic nerf to mag shields, then reduce it to a huge nerf with no other changes to offense or heals per hit to offset and suddenly everyone is happy about that? If PvP is the problem, why couldn't they make it so you can't stack harness mag with ward, or would that be too logical? Shield cap of 40% of health is ridiculous for endgame trials, even with resistances. Unless there are changes to add a fluid heal per hit like magblades have, not a burst like surge, that can be added to magsorc rotation, the nerf affects magsorc more than any other mag class, even with the NB heals per hit nerf.

2iwgol.jpg
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally all that needed to be done to fix shield stacking is to make shields overwrite each other. Now shields are really useless since you can't really sacrifice damage for more resistances/health/etc, and still do effective dps. I say leave the shields as they are on live in terms of size and cast time, and just make them crittable and possibly add the resistances to them. Not so sure about adding tank resistances to shields though so idk about that part.

Don't understand why they're pretty much punishing people for choosing to be mag dps. Stop sucking the fun out of the game for everyone dang it and actually improve things instead of constantly ruining them. Going to end up killing the game if they keep up this kind of "balancing" for every class.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    40% cap, wow. ZOS might have managed to come up with the one nerf worse than cast times.

I play at least one character of each class. 13 toons, approximately half magicka, half stamina.

I just don't see how they think shields need to be nerfed, with the sole exception of perhaps not allowing conjured ward and annulment to stack.
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joy's Feedback for Templars can be found here :)

Hey, what do you think about 40% Hp shields? Isn't it more bad even then cast time?
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Hey @ZOS_Wrobel - Tell me how shields that are 40% of max health will help when your content has damage that looks like this?
    Screenshot_20180922_165038.png

This, BTW, is Veteran Blackrose Prison on the PTS. The damage in this death recap came from mobs--not bosses. And these hits are standard attacks, not special abilities or mechanics. Three hits, each over 8K, in the span of 1.1s. Are you still going to claim that shields are OP in PvE?

We get it, you died. Perhaps try not to let them hit you in the future. I'm certain that those hits were not all unavoidable.

Punishing content is punishing.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the 40% hp shield cap would only affect Annulment and Conjured Ward. At least I'm concerned about the Bone Shield Synergy, hope you don't accidentally nerf that to 40%.
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Ninka wrote: »
    I hope the 40% hp shield cap would only affect Annulment and Conjured Ward. At least I'm concerned about the Bone Shield Synergy, hope you don't accidentally nerf that to 40%.

What? Wait...this whole cap is good unless it affects you?
  • ZOS_RobGarrett
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    Okay, I appreciate the overall direction... but 40% of my health bar on a 24k sorc shield? So Basically why run hardened ward because I'll always be so far over the health cap?

Is this 40% for ALL shields stacking or just each shield individually?
    Shields still stack the same way as before. We didn't change that behavior. The health-based cap is applied per individual shield.
    Rob Garrett
    Lead Gameplay Designer - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_RobGarrett
    itzTJ wrote: »
    So does that change to shields occur before or after battle spirit. Because shields are cut in half in pvp. So if a sorc has like 20-24k health, as most do, then they can expect an 8k - 12k shield? (not the best a math). But if you cut it in half because of battle spirit then a sorc with that amount of health is looking at a very small shield. Can someone clarify?
    The current plan is for the new cap (based on maximum health) to be enforced after Battle Spirit is applied. In your example, if a Sorc with 24k hp and 35k Magicka casts Annulment:
    1. The shield would start at 12,250. (35k Magicka * 0.35 coefficient)
    2. The shield would be halved by Battle Spirit to 6,125.
    3. The shield would be unaffected by the health-based cap, because 6,125 < 9,600. (9,600 = 40% of 24k hp)

The team will continue to monitor and evaluate the change though.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 28, 2018 10:24AM
    Rob Garrett
    Lead Gameplay Designer - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so cringe to read that I can't even comment about something, without being ridiculed or attacked instantly.

It's like fighting for something that will never end. And the no lifers won...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the clarifications Rob, will be interesting to see how this plays once it hits PTS.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... based on these two posts by Rob, this is basically a PvE shield nerf, then.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    itzTJ wrote: »
    So does that change to shields occur before or after battle spirit. Because shields are cut in half in pvp. So if a sorc has like 20-24k health, as most do, then they can expect an 8k - 12k shield? (not the best a math). But if you cut it in half because of battle spirit then a sorc with that amount of health is looking at a very small shield. Can someone clarify?
    The current plan is for the new cap (based on maximum health) to be enforced after Battle Spirit is applied. In your example, if a Sorc with 24k hp and 35k Magicka casts Annulment:
    1. The shield would start at 12,250. (35k Magicka * 0.35 coefficient)
    2. The shield would be halved by Battle Spirit to 6,125.
    3. The shield would be unaffected by the health-based cap, because 6,125 < 9,600. (9,600 = 40% of 24k hp)

The team will continue to monitor and evaluate the change though.

stack shields in pvp is a huge problem and ZoS will keep it... omg
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    From a stamsorc point of view : I am looking forward to some love but not sure about an ultimate air atronach.
    It does not seem so great to me ^^ Nor does it seem to fit quick/mobile playstyle. Hope we dont get something static.

Regarding swift, I do believe there is a trade-off to losing stats and bloodthirsty jewelries. It is true speed has increased but I personally like it. It it was taken away, I hope stamsorc would still have that little something that allows them to stay ahead in terms of speed

Like Minor Expedition (which you can only get from sets or crappy poisons) or like Streak? ^^
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett could we get a better morph option to annullment than dampen magic then? It will be totally pointless to opt for that morph, seeing as one would run into the 40% cap
    Edited by Yngol on September 28, 2018 11:14AM