The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Reps] Meeting Notes - September 25

• Soldier224
    Soldier224
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Sorc must be the best class of all... i think not.

The M Sorc needs a big nerf in PvP. M Sorc teleport+endlessShield+maxdmg builds should not exist.
    Man muss realistisch sein - Neunfinger Logan (First Law Trilogy)
    RP Guide: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/431297/rp-guide-aus-persoenlicher-sicht-was-ist-rp
    Für alle Einbrecher Tamriels oder die die es werden wollen:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/313750/diebestouren-guide-effektiver-diebstahl-in-teso (veraltet)
    Überblick über die Häuser der Dunmer (Enthält Interpretationen/Für Diskussionen offen):
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/481389/die-haeuser-der-dunmer-in-der-zeit-von-eso-haus-hlaalu-redoran-telvanni

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dampen Magic morph needs reworking, you're not going to choose a morph that puts you over the hard cap.

Same goes for Hardened Ward, suddenly Empowered Ward seems much, much more attractive in comparison.

Bastion CP probably needs reworking too, who's going to choose a CP star that puts you over a hard cap. Most likely tanks will be the only ones putting points in Bastion now, since they don't generally run Harness or Ward, and their shields can take advantage of the Bastion star.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    itzTJ wrote: »
    So does that change to shields occur before or after battle spirit. Because shields are cut in half in pvp. So if a sorc has like 20-24k health, as most do, then they can expect an 8k - 12k shield? (not the best a math). But if you cut it in half because of battle spirit then a sorc with that amount of health is looking at a very small shield. Can someone clarify?
    The current plan is for the new cap (based on maximum health) to be enforced after Battle Spirit is applied. In your example, if a Sorc with 24k hp and 35k Magicka casts Annulment:
    1. The shield would start at 12,250. (35k Magicka * 0.35 coefficient)
    2. The shield would be halved by Battle Spirit to 6,125.
    3. The shield would be unaffected by the health-based cap, because 6,125 < 9,600. (9,600 = 40% of 24k hp)

The team will continue to monitor and evaluate the change though.

Thanks for the information.
    Though there is no reason to keep the change that allow damage shields to receive critical damage on top of the shield cap.
    The shield cap+critical damage will make damage shields very weak in PVP to the point they will drop too fast.
    The addition of resistances to shields will not help Light armor users in PVP since most players have enough physical/spell penetration to render the damage shield's resistances useless(all/most of the damage will penetrate and affect the damage shields).
    I suggest to revert the change that allow damage shields to receive critical damage in the next PTS incremental patch.
    If it will be too strong during the PTS cycle you can always change it back so it can receive critical damage.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yngol wrote: »
    @ZOS_RobGarrett could we get a better morph option to annullment than dampen magic then? It will be totally pointless to opt for that morph, seeing as one would run into the 40% cap

Basically the same problem with Sorcs... Hardened Ward is just a bigger shield, so now that its capped that morph will be useless and everyone would chose Empowered Ward for the minor intellect and longer duration.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    Okay, I appreciate the overall direction... but 40% of my health bar on a 24k sorc shield? So Basically why run hardened ward because I'll always be so far over the health cap?

Is this 40% for ALL shields stacking or just each shield individually?
    Shields still stack the same way as before. We didn't change that behavior. The health-based cap is applied per individual shield.

@ZOS_RobGarrett Is there any technical difficulties to make shields not stack? Like overwrite each other, or make them as Streak? Cost more every time you cast again?

Also really would like to see some StamSorc sustain in passive skills maybe?
    Edited by Bevik on September 28, 2018 11:25AM
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bevik wrote: »
    Okay, I appreciate the overall direction... but 40% of my health bar on a 24k sorc shield? So Basically why run hardened ward because I'll always be so far over the health cap?

Shields still stack the same way as before. We didn't change that behavior. The health-based cap is applied per individual shield.

@ZOS_RobGarrett Is there any technical difficulties to make shields not stack? Like overwrite each other, or make them as Streak? Cost more every time you cast again?

Also really would like to see some StamSorc sustain in passive skills maybe?

im asking me the same question
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barrier and Bone Shield are both designed to give shields as large or larger than ones max health. It would seem this is a pretty huge nerf to two skills thay are hardly used already. I'm not opposed to a shield cap, but how do yall plan on balancing these skills within its context.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barrier and Bone Shield are both designed to give shields as large or larger than ones max health. It would seem this is a pretty huge nerf to two skills thay are hardly used already. I'm not opposed to a shield cap, but how do yall plan on balancing these skills within its context.

By not doing anything to them? The 40% max health cap applies specifically to annulment and conjured ward. Not all shields in general.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

By not doing anything to them? The 40% max health cap applies specifically to annulment and conjured ward. Not all shields in general.

Well I guess I missread that, it appeared to be a change to all shields based on the talk of shields in general. I can see from review that they did only mention the 40% in relation to thoss two shields.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Anken5
    Anken5
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett With HP cap, hardened ward and dampen magic will become totally useless. Its possible to let them the cast without hp cap, like they are actually in the PTS ?
    Some sorcs like me strongly prefer this cast than the HP cap. And let player choose between a cast or a hp cap (for Empowered Ward and Harness magicka) could bring more builds and playstyle diversity. Thanks !
    Edited by Anken5 on September 28, 2018 12:09PM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anken5 wrote: »
    @ZOS_RobGarrett With HP cap, hardened ward and dampen magic will become totally useless. Its possible to let them the cast without hp cap, like they are actually in the PTS ?
    Some sorcs like me strongly prefer this cast than the HP cap. And let player choose between a cast or a hp cap (for Empowered Ward and Harness magicka) could bring more builds and playstyle diversity. Thanks !

@ZOS_RobGarrett A way to make Hardened Ward and Dampen Magic not useless:
    Hardened Ward - This ability now grants minor protection as long as the damage shield is up. Reduces damage taken by 8%.
    Dampen Magic - This ability now grants minor toughness as long as the damage shield is up and up to 3 seconds when the damage shield is down. Increases maximum health by 10%.
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    so now the only thing downgraded is shield for PVE and i support the change, having shield that more taky than a real tank need to be gone.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_RobGarrett Okay that does relieve some of my concerns for pvp specifically. This is still going to impact their overall size for sorcs (I had around a 12k Hardened ward in CP PvP). I feel like this now just encourages shield stacking if the player intends to continue using shields... a stack which is now somewhat weaker in size and is critable.

I guess I'll wait to see how these changes pan out for PvE
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    so now the only thing downgraded is shield for PVE and i support the change, having shield that more taky than a real tank need to be gone.

The shields will be weak in PVP too.
    The critical damage in PVP on top of the 40% max health shield cap will make damage shields very weak.
    They need to revert the change, so damage shields won't receive critical damage.
    Edited by Universe on September 28, 2018 12:39PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bastion CP probably needs reworking too, who's going to choose a CP star that puts you over a hard cap. Most likely tanks will be the only ones putting points in Bastion now, since they don't generally run Harness or Ward, and their shields can take advantage of the Bastion star.

Shattering Blows CP star needs a reworking, too. Bastion star will no longer increase shield size in most cases. But Shattering Blows will continue to do more damage against shields in all cases. The CP system is designed for each star to have a star that counteracts it. Bastion and Shattering Blows were the countervailing stars for shields. They are no longer balanced.

Potential way around this would be to have Bastion (and Dampen Magicka and Hardened Ward) increase the health percentage cap above 40% instead of increasing the actual shield size.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Shattering Blows CP star needs a reworking, too. Bastion star will no longer increase shield size in most cases. But Shattering Blows will continue to do more damage against shields in all cases. The CP system is designed for each star to have a star that counteracts it. Bastion and Shattering Blows were the countervailing stars for shields. They are no longer balanced.

Potential way around this would be to have Bastion (and Dampen Magicka and Hardened Ward) increase the health percentage cap above 40% instead of increasing the actual shield size.

Or have Bastion apply after the cap calculation.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have ZOS considered how the greatly reduced shield strength will influence combat pets? I literally mean the combat pets themselves. Conjured Ward and its morphs also shield combat pets and the combat pets will now have much lower shields. The problem with combat pets not being wanted in endgame PvE is largely because they die constantly in many boss encounters (and yet seem nearly invulnerable in other boss fights - why no consistency?).

Some friends and I ran Fang Lair hardmode the other night. I spent half the fight resummoning dead combat pets. If combat pets are dying constantly in many boss fights when the pets have 20k shields, what is going to happen when they have 7k shields?

This would not be as big an issue if you could switch from Pet Sorc to non-Pet Sorc on the fly, just by changing gear and skills. But Pet Sorcs require very different morphs and CP than non-Pet Sorcs. No one wants to respec their morphs and CP before every other boss fight.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have ZOS considered how the greatly reduced shield strength will influence combat pets? I literally mean the combat pets themselves. Conjured Ward and its morphs also shield combat pets and the combat pets will now have much lower shields. The problem with combat pets not being wanted in endgame PvE is largely because they die constantly in many boss encounters (and yet seem nearly invulnerable in other boss fights - why no consistency?).

Some friends and I ran Fang Lair hardmode the other night. I spent half the fight resummoning dead combat pets. If combat pets are dying constantly in many boss fights when the pets have 20k shields, what is going to happen when they have 7k shields?

This would not be as big an issue if you could switch from Pet Sorc to non-Pet Sorc on the fly, just by changing gear and skills. But Pet Sorcs require very different morphs and CP than non-Pet Sorcs. No one wants to respec their morphs and CP before every other boss fight.

This can be solved by increasing the pets health by 50% and allowing the pets to receive passive healing while the player is doing critical damage 10% of pet's max health per tick.
    Edited by Universe on September 28, 2018 1:19PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »
    So does that change to shields occur before or after battle spirit. Because shields are cut in half in pvp. So if a sorc has like 20-24k health, as most do, then they can expect an 8k - 12k shield? (not the best a math). But if you cut it in half because of battle spirit then a sorc with that amount of health is looking at a very small shield. Can someone clarify?
    The current plan is for the new cap (based on maximum health) to be enforced after Battle Spirit is applied. In your example, if a Sorc with 24k hp and 35k Magicka casts Annulment:
    3. The shield would be unaffected by the health-based cap, because 6,125 < 9,600. (9,600 = 40% of 24k hp)

stack shields in pvp is a huge problem and ZoS will keep it... omg

PvP lets you crit on the shields now, or did you forget about that? Also, the 12K Hardened Ward I have now is going to be gimped to 10K unless I figure out a way to get my Health up without damaging my Magicka.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. If Bastion needs to be changed at all (which remains to be seen), a better solution would be to make it reduce damage against shields by the the same amounts as Shattering Blows increases it. This would help ALL shield users, regardless of shield size.

Edited by Emma_Overload on September 28, 2018 1:26PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see ZOS understands that shield stacking is not a problem in PVP, especially now that shields can take critical damage.

I still think that the shield changes in PVE are a poorly-affixed bandaid to a problem that stems from dungeon mechanic design (lots of one-shots) and power creep (poorly thought-out CP system). It's disappointing to see the devs spend so much time on bandaids that they don't have the ability to move toward solutions to the game's long-term issues.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes shield crits needs to be removed now. Damage is already to high for shields on live in no-cp. Reducing the size is going to make them really really bad in no-cp
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

PvP lets you crit on the shields now, or did you forget about that? Also, the 12K Hardened Ward I have now is going to be gimped to 10K unless I figure out a way to get my Health up without damaging my Magicka.

no, i didnt.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett

You do realize that these changes will only aggravate the shield stacking.
    6k shield is a sad joke in PvP, especially now that it can be critted. That means sorcs will have to stack at least 2 shields to get around 12k shielding.

At the same time you are forcing sorcs to always carry around at least 2 shields neglecting the fact that sorcs already have about 0 build diversity and now will have even less.

In addition the sustain issue that sorcs have will also be aggravated b/c Hardened+ Annulment on PTS = Hardened on Live, and Annulment is considereably more expensive than Hardened.

Why not go the easiest route?
    Half Shield size in PvE
    Drop nerf from Battle Spirit
    Prevent Conmjured and Annulment from stacking

Problem solved.

If you think shields are still to strong in PvE you could just nerf them to whatever value you deem appropriate and then just use a reveresed version of Battle Spirit and buff shields in PvP that way
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quantum_V wrote: »
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    So people is finally getting away with nerfing forward momentum? The argument that foward momentum makes heavy armor more mobile than medium is absurd, the problem is not heavy armor or forward momentum, the problem is that medium armor SUCKS. The passives are medicore, shuffle is ***, the lack of resistences&healing&health compared to heavy doesn't work in the current burst meta, the only effective medium builds atm are with impregnable, and the only reason they work is because impregnable is broken af. The solution is not a nerf to forward momentum, is a buff to medium armor, starting with shuffle and with that useless stealth passive that is a waste of skill points.

Stamblades being more effective as brawler now is the result of the change of meta. Old nighblade playstyle doesn't work, medium is ***, the game is full of undoggeable things, people is hitting really hard, etc. Also there is nothing wrong with being able to play an effective brawler, i'm not interested in being forced to run a roly poly build again, specially on this meta.

Dimishh returns for stacking movement speed bonuses is something i've suggested since the whole swift drama started. Is the logical choice for solving this. Nerfing major expedition would be really dumb.

I couldn't avoid laughting when i read the magDK part, they can't deal with bleads and defiles? lol. The self healing of the magDKs is insane, is absurd how much healing you can get on a magDK even while going full ofensive. Get real, if the magDKs lacks healing then i will make a post saying that stamblades lacks damage lol.

Hey @ManDraKE!

I would highly encourage you to read the post again.

No one said that mdks healing is bad, it was said that they have an unproportional hard time dealing with defiles - that’s a completely different argument. Careful to not fall into the scarecrow fallacy. Taking the most common playstyles into consideration:

-Both templars possess purge.
    - Magsorcs have shields, so basically ignore defiles.
    - Nightblades can cloak to mitigate damage and partially heal while clocked, as defiles aren’t an issue in a vacuum.
    -Most of the stamina classes are mobile enough to avoid a lot of damage, specially with swift currently. Yet they are obviously also affected by defiles.

That essentially leaves DKs to take defiles entirely. Even though DKs have great healing (which noone is debating against) having them cut bu 80% negates that, thus the point being made about defiles.

Everyone is affected by defiles, thats for sure. But defiles were buffed to the point to where they are right now to essentially nerf tanks, which have common defense mechanisms as those as dk. So it is reasonable to assume that they arguably get affected the hardest by that change.

Hopefully I was able to clarify some points!

Have a good one!

Do you think a mag dk is worse off than a stam sorc against defile? I would say stam sorc have a disproportionately hard time dealing with defile more than any other class since we do not have shields or any healing passives or healing buffs.

That being said i personally think defile should have never been nerfed and should maybe even be buffed. We can build to counter defile. If i can do it on my stam sorc then anyone can do it. However a lot of us cant build to counter these disgusting healer builds. Mainly earthgore and perma blocking. Carry builds. Even with 6k + weapon damage in a full damage build you cant always break through that. The defile nerf was silly.

Stamsorcs do deal with it a lot easier due to them having access to mobility and other tools that DKs do not have. Compare this: Burning Embers is a pain to land on Swift running builds and really heal depends on how much damage it does or any stam builds, Crit Surge heal is much reliable especially when you have crit stat. Vigor is a nice HoT while DKs don't really have true HoT besides Power Lash heal and Power Lash is more or less dodged almost always. Dragonblood is a magicka sink when you get defiled. 1k~3k heal for 4k magicka? No thanks. Cauterize becomes unreliable the moment you are in combat near 2 or more people and gets cut by Defile severely. Spammable due to it being cheaper. Oh, and Defile is usually accompanied with strong bleed these days. Stamsorcs can actually disengage a lot better than mDK, with or without Swift. Then build back up with Dark Exchange and re-engage. DKs cannot do that all. Stam DKs basically only has Vigor unless they forego FM for Rally.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Lorem123
    Lorem123
    ✭✭✭

So...

People's main complaint with shields is sorc shield stacking in PvP.
    Your nerf shields all around for all light armor users, sorcerers in particular.
    You do nothing for sorc shield stacking in PvP. On the very contrary, you encourage it as only viable way to get a decent shield size again.

Lol?

When will your company stop nerfing the fun out of everything and instead start making the game more enjoyable by applying proper changes to things that actually need them?
    When will your company stop taking the quick and easy route to save time and dev effort instead of developing new, more appropriate mechanics for balance? (eg separate PvE and PvP skill balance sheet, a mechanic addressing shield stacking specifically, etc.)

Are you so desperate to keep people playing the game longer that you need to harm survaviability in PvE so bad so people will die more, have a harder time completing new content and therefore staying more time at it, playing the game?
    Yet are you so short on dev time and resources to implement challenging content to accomplish that goal, that you instead need to resort to these artificious nerfs?
    Do you really think this won't instead backfire just pushing away people from the game, because being dead on the floor repeatedly is not fun?
    This nonsense about shields being tankier than a tank really ought to stop.

I play a petsorc and I focus on max magicka. With 55k max mag and 23% from bastion my hardened ward is ~32k. In any and all vet content added during the past 1 year my shield on average goes away in a couple seconds/with a boss' fart, and it does nothing to save me from hard hitting heavy attacks that are meant to kill anyone but a blocking tank.
    The amount of incoming damage that wipes my shield does only ~6k damage to a blocking tank, which is barely noticeable damage for a tank. So please cut this crap of damage shields being tankier than a tank.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the main point is they did way more than they needed to do and the main change they needed to make to shields they didn't. making it so harness magicka and Hardened ward couldn't stack would have been a great place to start. making so many changes to one mechanic in a single patch is just asking for a multitude of problems.
    Invictus
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »

I think the main point is they did way more than they needed to do and the main change they needed to make to shields they didn't. making it so harness magicka and Hardened ward couldn't stack would have been a great place to start. making so many changes to one mechanic in a single patch is just asking for a multitude of problems.

Not being able to stack shields isn't a viable solution.
    This will only cause magicka Sorcerers to not be able to play in any form of PVP or in difficult PVE content.

@ZOS_RobGarrett As I mentioned earlier in this discussion, you have yet to nerf any OP Nightblade's abilities/features.
    The Nightblade is the top dps in both PVP and PVE with infinite sustain and godly survivability.
    Please reduce the overall sustain and/or damage of the Nightblades.
    Also, there is a need to adjust the Nightblade's cloak, they spam cloak far too often without receiving any penalty.
    I have suggested countless times, but you choose to ignore this:
    Cloak should receive the Streak and dodge roll treatment, casting again within 4 seconds should increase it's cost significantly.
    I suggest the following:
    Current(example):
    Shadowy Disguise: Cost: [4050 / 3960 / 3870 / 3780] Magicka.
    Cloak yourself in shadow to become invisible for 2.5 seconds. Your next direct damage attack used within 3 seconds will always be a Critical Strike.

New(example):
    Shadowy Disguise: Cost: [4050 / 3960 / 3870 / 3780] Magicka.
    Cloak yourself in shadow to become invisible for 2.5 seconds. Your next direct damage attack used within 3 seconds will always be a Critical Strike.
    Casting again within 4 seconds costs 50% more Magicka.

*The 50% cost increase can be changed to 30%-40% if you believe 50% is too much of a penalty.
    But it should remain significant so cloak won't be spammed too much.
    Edited by Universe on September 28, 2018 2:59PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lorem123 wrote: »

So...

People's main complaint with shields is sorc shield stacking in PvP.
    Your nerf shields all around for all light armor users, sorcerers in particular.
    You do nothing for sorc shield stacking in PvP. On the very contrary, you encourage it as only viable way to get a decent shield size again.

Lol?

When will your company stop nerfing the fun out of everything and instead start making the game more enjoyable by applying proper changes to things that actually need them?
    When will your company stop taking the quick and easy route to save time and dev effort instead of developing new, more appropriate mechanics for balance? (eg separate PvE and PvP skill balance sheet, a mechanic addressing shield stacking specifically, etc.)

Are you so desperate to keep people playing the game longer that you need to harm survaviability in PvE so bad so people will die more, have a harder time completing new content and therefore staying more time at it, playing the game?
    Yet are you so short on dev time and resources to implement challenging content to accomplish that goal, that you instead need to resort to these artificious nerfs?
    Do you really think this won't instead backfire just pushing away people from the game, because being dead on the floor repeatedly is not fun?
    This nonsense about shields being tankier than a tank really ought to stop.

I play a petsorc and I focus on max magicka. With 55k max mag and 23% from bastion my hardened ward is ~32k. In any and all vet content added during the past 1 year my shield on average goes away in a couple seconds/with a boss' fart, and it does nothing to save me from hard hitting heavy attacks that are meant to kill anyone but a blocking tank.
    The amount of incoming damage that wipes my shield does only ~6k damage to a blocking tank, which is barely noticeable damage for a tank. So please cut this crap of damage shields being tankier than a tank.

Agreed. Same from PVP too.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So hardened ward and empowered ward will change places. One will hardly ever be used over the other.

PC EU
    PvP only