Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Note that the Summerset Chapter is required to use the new (Jewelry) Crafting Stations."

• Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is basically the 4 yrs old Imperial Race Pay Wall BS all over again....ZOS NEVER LEARN....

I am sure there will be "Jewelry Crafting Upgrade" for $5-10 eventually as well lol

Oh and don't forget.....

The whole entire design of Jewelry Crafting will be concept from birth to design to implementation AROUND MONETIZING for the CROWN STORE $$$$$....all to speed things up for your...

CONVENIENCE!! :dizzy:

Enjoy :)

Edited by Troneon on March 29, 2018 3:46PM
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Withholding my judgement until I actually see video of being able to transmute an already gold BoP ring from healthy to robust lol.

Also seeing the other changes to the game. While I'm playing a stamplar I've just been thinking of some stupid healplar builds with access to craft jewelry/maybe transmute.
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    P2W to me is that free players cannot obtain stuff that paid player can obtain and losing edge completely due to that.

1.DLC dungeons sets are examples, but that is pretty reasonable since I see no walk around
    2.Warden was alarming, but since warden is not going all OP at all, it's acceptable
    3.Trait change, you have a chance to use it in house or your friend's house, so that was okay.

But if jewelry can only be crafted/improved by summerset owner AND can't be sold (bound upon craft/improve), that will be 100% P2W with no excuse, especially chapters cannot be purchased by crown or sub.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »
    P2W to me is that free players cannot obtain stuff that paid player can obtain and losing edge completely due to that.

1.DLC dungeons sets are examples, but that is pretty reasonable since I see no walk around
    2.Warden was alarming, but since warden is not going all OP at all, it's acceptable
    3.Trait change, you have a chance to use it in house or your friend's house, so that was okay.

But if jewelry can only be crafted/improved by summerset owner AND can't be sold (bound upon craft/improve), that will be 100% P2W with no excuse, especially chapters cannot be purchased by crown or sub.

BoP-Bind on pick up may be the case based on the wording of the announcement(though it is too soon to be sure, I hope we will receive an answer about this soon):
    "allowing you to truly tailor all of your items..."
    "giving you exclusive all-new options for your character's jewelry..."
    "and prepare for the first time to be able to craft, upgrade, and customize your own rings and necklaces! "

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom It will be awesome if you could please answer about the binding of Jewelry items after being crafted/upgraded at Jewelry crafting station.
    Is the Jewelry BoE-Bind on Equip and tradeable or is it BoP-bind on pickup(not tradeable) ?
    Edited by Universe on March 29, 2018 5:57PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Things like jewellery crafting should be added to the base game, or at least made it like the transmutation station.

Very sad to see. dislike. wont buy the expansion.

Sure you will...it's the same thing everyone said with Diablo 2 put in Physical Immunity before they launched Lord of Destruction. Everyone was angry that it was "forcing" them to buy the expansion. People swore up and down they wouldn't buy it to "stick it" to Blizzard....believe the expansion sold record numbers and all those people bought it so they could have access to the new content and have items that didn't break before killing a physical immune enemy.

Same thing will happen here. It's a whole new crafting ability, it should be only open to be people getting the expansion.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord wrote: »

BoP-Bind on pick up may be the case based on the wording of the announcement(though it is too soon to be sure, I hope we will receive an answer about this soon):
    "and prepare for the first time to be able to craft, upgrade, and customize your own rings and necklaces! "

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom It will be awesome if you could please answer about the binding of Jewelry items after being crafted/upgraded at Jewelry crafting station.
    Is the Jewelry BoE-Bind on Equip and tradeable or is it BoP-bind on pickup(not tradeable) ?

This is why I think it should be BoE: because people who don't buy Summerset can't use the tables themselves.

Right now, the Transmute stations are something you only have access to in two ways - buying CWC and traveling there or using a personal station in someone's home/guild hall. Anyone can use the station as long as you can find one. As such, they are able to acquire Trasmute stones to use the stations. And those items you change are bound to your account.

Jewelry stations will be everywhere. It sounds to me like normal ones (non-set) will be at the normal crafting locations and special set stations will be at each of the crafted set locations as well. Why would we ever need to craft normal jewelry? To sell as trait research. (In the same line of argument, I'm expecting that the writ voucher folks will have an attunable Jewelry station to go get your favorite crafted set jewelry stations as well.)

So a guild store market for jewelry is almost certainly implied by how this system is already known by us to be. Even if that market is only for traited jewelry for research, it's going to be possible to sell jewelry we have created ourselves.

Now people without Summerset won't need to buy jewels for trait research, since they can't use the stations no matter what. But they will want to purchase jewelry from people who can craft it. And since the market capability will be there, it seems weird that we Summerset owners would be able to sell and trade jewelry for trait research but not for the intended purpose of jewelry - to better stats or complete a set bonus.

The key thing will be the material needed to craft jewels. There's going to be some weird doodad we have to get to make jewelry. How that material drops and who's allowed to collect it is key. If everyone can collect that material, then the second part of a dynamic market will exist. If jewelry mats are rare drops from existing nodes, that's something that's potentially available to everyone (just like Transmute geodes). If, however, the mats we need to craft jewelry are only available from deconning unneeded jewelry, then only people who can use the stations can get the mats. So a non-Summerset user can't acquire what he or she needs to give to a crafter to get their jewels back.

I think that's what it hinges on. If everyone can acquire the mats regardless of owning Summerset, then crafted jewelry will be BoE. If mats are only available to people who own Summerset, however, then I expect that crafted jewelry will be BoP.

I wish someone in ZOS would clarify this point. The longer they don't, the more certain I am that crafted jewelry will be BoP.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »

This is why I think it should be BoE: because people who don't buy Summerset can't use the tables themselves.

Right now, the Transmute stations are something you only have access to in two ways - buying CWC and traveling there or using a personal station in someone's home/guild hall. Anyone can use the station as long as you can find one. As such, they are able to acquire Trasmute stones to use the stations. And those items you change are bound to your account.

Jewelry stations will be everywhere. It sounds to me like normal ones (non-set) will be at the normal crafting locations and special set stations will be at each of the crafted set locations as well. Why would we ever need to craft normal jewelry? To sell as trait research. (In the same line of argument, I'm expecting that the writ voucher folks will have an attunable Jewelry station to go get your favorite crafted set jewelry stations as well.)

So a guild store market for jewelry is almost certainly implied by how this system is already known by us to be. Even if that market is only for traited jewelry for research, it's going to be possible to sell jewelry we have created ourselves.

Now people without Summerset won't need to buy jewels for trait research, since they can't use the stations no matter what. But they will want to purchase jewelry from people who can craft it. And since the market capability will be there, it seems weird that we Summerset owners would be able to sell and trade jewelry for trait research but not for the intended purpose of jewelry - to better stats or complete a set bonus.

The key thing will be the material needed to craft jewels. There's going to be some weird doodad we have to get to make jewelry. How that material drops and who's allowed to collect it is key. If everyone can collect that material, then the second part of a dynamic market will exist. If jewelry mats are rare drops from existing nodes, that's something that's potentially available to everyone (just like Transmute geodes). If, however, the mats we need to craft jewelry are only available from deconning unneeded jewelry, then only people who can use the stations can get the mats. So a non-Summerset user can't acquire what he or she needs to give to a crafter to get their jewels back.

I think that's what it hinges on. If everyone can acquire the mats regardless of owning Summerset, then crafted jewelry will be BoE. If mats are only available to people who own Summerset, however, then I expect that crafted jewelry will be BoP.

I wish someone in ZOS would clarify this point. The longer they don't, the more certain I am that crafted jewelry will be BoP.

ZOS wants people who buy the chapter to enjoy the benefits of Jewel crafting so making it BoP seems reasonable from that standpoint. Also if transmutation is available to Jewelry it changes the dynamic.

Personally I like that they are gating it completely behind the chapter to give more incentive to buy the chapter. Most people whining here just want more free stuff for their $20 game that offers months of gameplay time. Seems a bit selfish.
    I play how I want to.

• Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER

Greed on which side though?
    The side that creates the content?
    Or the side that consumes the content?

Desiring a release model that only requires a one time payment with unlimited access to any and all future endeavors doesn't sound greedy?

The price point seems fair, and the only issue I can see against the content creators is that they don't offer any sort of discount for subscribed users.

"Unlimited access to any and all future endeavors." Hardly. Its more like "access to long wanted features that affect the game as a whole, whilst paying for access to new content."
    @ak_pvp

To take your tune:

"access to long wanted features that affect the game as a whole, whilst paying for access to new content." It's more like "expecting these desired features to be developed and paid for on the developer's dime for an entertainment service consumed by you"

No. It's expected to be paid for by purchases of the game, the Morrowind "expansion", all the ESO+ subs, and all the crown store money. Call greed whatever you like, and attempt to twist it around. It's still ZOS greed.

@Jameliel (Btw, tag people with @, quoting someone doesn't notify them)

Expected by whom, exactly?

An outside party who has no idea about the expenses incurred from the development of the game, or the revenue accrued from their various sources?

Without transparency on that front, all we can do is make assumptions about greed.

Also, I do find it funny that you expect Morrowind to help pay for this kind of thing, even though Morrowind is exactly what Summerset is, and you're against Summerset...
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on March 29, 2018 6:58PM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »

ZOS wants people who buy the chapter to enjoy the benefits of Jewel crafting so making it BoP seems reasonable from that standpoint. Also if transmutation is available to Jewelry it changes the dynamic.

Personally I like that they are gating it completely behind the chapter to give more incentive to buy the chapter. Most people whining here just want more free stuff for their $20 game that offers months of gameplay time. Seems a bit selfish.

So you would agree if the next chapter after Summerset, let's call it "Akavir" will release something exclusive stronger than anything like the following:
    Class: Necromancer
    Description: Level of Power: Stronger than all other classes by 1.3X(stronger by 30% than all other classes).
    *Exclusive to Akavir expansion.

It is the same with Jewelry crafting, craftable sets jewelry can be extremely useful when choosing the best builds and if all items created will be BoP, players who didn't purchase Summerset and don't have access to the jewelry will be in severe disadvantage.
    As I said before it's not about if it's cheap or not, it is the ever increasing power behind the paywall/s.
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, wanted to clear a few things up for you. Summerset is required to use any Jewelry Crafting Stations found in Tamriel. If you don’t own Summerset, you will still be able to find Jewelry Crafting resource nodes to sell, and you will also be able to purchase crafted jewelry from others. Set jewelry will be BoE, non-set will not be bound. Additionally, you will not be able to deconstruct any jewelry you're currently holding onto prior to Summerset launch.

We're currently working on a very extensive Jewelry Crafting article that we plan to publish before we start the next PTS cycle, which will hopefully answer a lot more questions.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone, wanted to clear a few things up for you. Summerset is required to use any Jewelry Crafting Stations found in Tamriel. If you don’t own Summerset, you will still be able to find Jewelry Crafting resource nodes to sell, and you will also be able to purchase crafted jewelry from others. Set jewelry will be BoE, non-set will not be bound. Additionally, you will not be able to deconstruct any jewelry you're currently holding onto prior to Summerset launch.

We're currently working on a very extensive Jewelry Crafting article that we plan to publish before we start the next PTS cycle, which will hopefully answer a lot more questions.

Thanks for sharing this important information! :)
    I was worried it will be Bind on pick up.
    Bind on equip is a lot better.
    Edited by Universe on March 29, 2018 8:20PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That announcement right there should eliminate most of the P2W cries. Now that we know I can craft gold Julianos rings for someone without Summerset, and gold trial jewelry is still available to anyone without Summerset, and gold dungeon/overland jewelry will still be sold in the golden.... guess what? Everyone will have access to gold jewelry whether they purchase Summerset or not!
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why we don't freak out based on a few sentences of information in an article. Thank you for clarifying Gina! o:)
    Edited by rhapsodious on March 29, 2018 8:19PM
  • Audens
    Audens
    ✭✭✭
    "Additionally, you will not be able to deconstruct any jewelry you're currently holding onto prior to Summerset launch."

Are you actually serious? Are you serious?
    This is so stupid. Guess all the jewelry I was saving to level another *** crafting profession can just be destroyed.
    unban my first account thanks
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is terrible and not fair, and I hope it will be changed with player feedback on PTS.

Jewelery Crafting station should get exact the same treatment as Transmute Station - even if I don't own Clockwork City DLC, I'm still able to use this station, for example in player houses. The same should apply here - even if I don't own chapter, I can access station in other places than Summerset Island.
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it should be. "Pay to win" arguments are invalid here... just like saying warden is pay to win. Its not.
    Edited by Icy_Waffles on March 29, 2018 8:24PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Audens wrote: »
    "Additionally, you will not be able to deconstruct any jewelry you're currently holding onto prior to Summerset launch."

Are you actually serious? Are you serious?
    This is so stupid. Guess all the jewelry I was saving to level another *** crafting profession can just be destroyed.

There's npc merchants who buy them everyday.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problems with this. It's been said by everyone before me. I play so I pay.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    WTS Mechanical Acuity jewelry. 1m per.

I’ll sell it for 998,000g per - buy from me instead :)

If you were smart you would have also sold for 1m instead of ruining the price by undercutting
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

This is terrible and not fair, and I hope it will be changed with player feedback on PTS.

Jewelery Crafting station should get exact the same treatment as Transmute Station - even if I don't own Clockwork City DLC, I'm still able to use this station, for example in player houses. The same should apply here - even if I don't own chapter, I can access station in other places than Summerset Island.

You can just have someone craft it for you.
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    This seems like a very fair way to handle it.

It makes complete sense for the people who pay for the expansion to get exclusive access to the new crafting stations.

We'll all still be able to use the jewelry, but those who don't want to pay for the expansion will need to buy it from those who do.

Honestly, as someone who already preordered I would be annoyed if everyone got to access the crafting stations. Where's the value in that?
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

New resource nodes...let the grinding/node jacking begin...

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

The Jewelry Crafting presented by Gina is very limited to either buy the chapter+craft or buy the jewelry from other players, rather than craft by yourself.
    I would be happy if there will be a similar option to Transmute station but for Jewelry Crafting(items created by the jewelry station/s will be BoE).
    2 ways it can work:
    1. Special Jewelry crafting station that cost 2,000 vouchers, available to purchase from Rolis Hlaalu. The player will be able to craft any available Jewelry set by using this station at his/other players home.

2. Attunable Jewelry crafting stations that cost: 250 vouchers each. available to purchase from Rolis Hlaalu.
    The player will be able to craft any available Jewelry set by using this stations at his/other players home.

I prefer option #1 since it cost less and much more comfortable.
    Edited by Universe on March 29, 2018 9:53PM
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    You all sound like a bunch of cheap, whiny, crybabies imo. Its $30 for the expansion. Zenimax would be out of their minds to keep pumping out content for the base game and not make profit off of it. Jewelry crafting is a major selling point of Summerset. Buy it, Have access. Dont buy it, And you will more than likely have to buy crafted items from someone else. Just like the people who dont have access to the DLC stations.

Further, Ive seen people mention attunable stations as a work around for not having DLC access. While thats true, You cannot access sets from DLC Dungeons or Maelstrom Arena.

Quit being cheap brats and buy the content.
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • skinnycheeks
    skinnycheeks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Additionally, you will not be able to deconstruct any jewelry you're currently holding onto prior to Summerset launch.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Can you clarify this statement? I interpreted it as even those that own Summerset and can access the jewelrycrafting stations cannot deconstruct jewelry that was looted from before the Summerset expansion.
    Edited by skinnycheeks on March 29, 2018 8:54PM
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    Additionally, you will not be able to deconstruct any jewelry you're currently holding onto prior to Summerset launch.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Can you clarify this statement? I interpreted it as even those that own Summerset and can access the jewelrycrafting stations cannot deconstruct jewelry that was looted from before the Summerset expansion.

Yeah, that sounds like what she said. She's probably trying to address the many people who have been hoarding all the jewelry they come across since the announcement.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Summerset is required to use any Jewelry Crafting Stations found in Tamriel." Can you clarify if those without summerset can use a homestead jewelcrafting station to jewelcraft on, like how those without CWC can use a homestead transmute station?
    Edited by Aliyavana on March 29, 2018 9:03PM
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Gina! Can we get confirmation that we will be able to deconstruct jewelry we are holding onto *after* Summerset launches?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SecretJoy wrote: »

Yeah, that sounds like what she said. She's probably trying to address the many people who have been hoarding all the jewelry they come across since the announcement.

Yeah, and it probably has to do with an update to the loot table. If they are adding new crafting nodes, I imagine they are also updating the jewelry loot table to include the new traits for research and use.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

The Jewelry Crafting presented by Gina is very limited to either buy the chapter+craft or buy the jewelry from other players, rather than craft by yourself.
    I would be happy if there will be a similar option to Transmute station but for Jewelry Crafting.
    2 ways it can work:
    1. Special Jewelry crafting station that cost 2,000 vouchers, available to purchase from Rolis Hlaalu. The player will be able to craft any available Jewelry set by using this station at his/other players home.

2. Attunable Jewelry crafting stations that cost: 250 vouchers each. available to purchase from Rolis Hlaalu.
    The player will be able to craft any available Jewelry set by using this stations at his/other players home.

I prefer option #1 since it cost less and much more comfortable.

Yep sure, let's implement this. As long as you can't level your jewlery crafting profession without buying the chapter. ;)