The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Note that the Summerset Chapter is required to use the new (Jewelry) Crafting Stations."

• Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only real question is jewelry improvement.

Allowing trial jewelry to be improved to golden seems to me extremely unfair and cheesy, discouraging players to do veteran trials. I had to work hard for my golden Master Architect jewelry and some random casual just completes normal HoF within 30 minutes and immediately improve his blue Master Architect jewelry to golden.
  • Arrchangell
    Arrchangell
    ✭✭✭
    No offense, but if i was a new player joining the game, i would be really surprised to see that jewelry crafting is part of a DLC. Not cool ZOS. It's probably gonna be like, hey these are crafting writs, do them and u get materials and gold, but for this last one u need to buy a dlc that pops out in your face to buy it.
    Edited by Arrchangell on March 30, 2018 8:06AM
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like the game, just buy it.

A new AAA singleplayer game costs $60, but the MMO you people play regularly isn't worth a $30 expansion once a year? Or 50 cents a day to subscribe?
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Will BoP jewelry be upgradable. If so will it not be easier for those with the chapter to obtain certain gold jewelry, without completing the vet content or getting it through the vendor?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only real question is jewelry improvement.

Allowing trial jewelry to be improved to golden seems to me extremely unfair and cheesy, discouraging players to do veteran trials. I had to work hard for my golden Master Architect jewelry and some random casual just completes normal HoF within 30 minutes and immediately improve his blue Master Architect jewelry to golden.

The new trail will have perfect (vet) and imperfect (normal) item sets. So the current jewelry might be upgradable but the new stuff will be stronger if you run the vet trail.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is wrong with paying for content? I see nobody raging over the psijic order skill line.

Pretty sure you'll need summerset to get that skill line. So, there is some more content you don't get free.

Too much complaining over a small amount of money to purchase the chapter. I'd also like to know how many of you, complaining about the skill line, sub to eso or have spent money on the game other than the initial purchase
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    P2W.
    You do know this stands for PAY to win, right?

Not seeing how this is pay to win when the new system just bypasses RNG or purchases from guild stores.

• Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Will BoP jewelry be upgradable. If so will it not be easier for those with the chapter to obtain certain gold jewelry, without completing the vet content or getting it through the vendor?

Will jewelry acquired before Summerset be upgradable? Or will we have to grind every single piece of our jewelry all over again? Because if that's the case...
    tumblr_nzuqeb1sXq1rby04wo1_500.gif
    Edited by Numerikuu on March 30, 2018 11:26AM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Hey everyone, wanted to clear a few things up for you. Summerset is required to use any Jewelry Crafting Stations found in Tamriel. If you don’t own Summerset, you will still be able to find Jewelry Crafting resource nodes to sell, and you will also be able to purchase crafted jewelry from others. Set jewelry will be BoE, non-set will not be bound. Additionally, you will not be able to deconstruct any jewelry you're currently holding onto prior to Summerset launch.

We're currently working on a very extensive Jewelry Crafting article that we plan to publish before we start the next PTS cycle, which will hopefully answer a lot more questions.

This is terrible and not fair, and I hope it will be changed with player feedback on PTS.

Jewelery Crafting station should get exact the same treatment as Transmute Station - even if I don't own Clockwork City DLC, I'm still able to use this station, for example in player houses. The same should apply here - even if I don't own chapter, I can access station in other places than Summerset Island.
    You mean the transmute stations should get the same treatment as the jewelry stations?

Devs giving non-DLC access to transmute is a gift, not a requirement.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Can you clarify this statement? I interpreted it as even those that own Summerset and can access the jewelrycrafting stations cannot deconstruct jewelry that was looted from before the Summerset expansion.

I think it means
    Additionally, you will not be able to deconstruct any jewelry you're currently holding onto prior to Summerset launch.

What exactly is there to clarify?
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on March 30, 2018 11:26AM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lakashi wrote: »
    So I guess all this means current jewelry isn't upgradeable either?

My guess is the current jewelry will be completely left out of any jewelry crafting abilities. No deconstruction (confirmed), no improvement (likely), no transmutation (also likely). Many changes to the base game, and DLC's, have been directed towards leveling the playing field for new players.

A complete "reset" of craftable jewelry evens the playing field and ensures that just because you had millions to spend on hoarding jewelry, you won't automatically be able to max the Jewelry Crafting skill line in the first hour after release. Your current jewelry will still function like it always has, so you are still able to take advantage of all those months/years of collecting over someone brand new to the game, but when it comes to crafting/improving - everyone starts fresh.

If you can’t upgrade existing jewelry there will be sooooo many arguments in trading, after all, if the jewelry looks the same how the heck do we tell if it can be upgraded or not?

As I mentioned in a post above, I look for the name of the jewelry to have a completely new look. Either by adding an extra descriptor in there to denote material IE. "Mithril" ring of Mother's Sorrow (this would be the most practical solution), or by adding information in parentheses where current armor/weapons display their style information.

I can all but guarantee that there will be some relatively obvious way to tell the post-Summerset jewelry apart from the current stock. At some point, players will have to assume some personal responsibility to verify what they're purchasing, and not expect ZOS to hold their hand and protect them from fraud artists every step of the way.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as there won't be any kind of tokens or other crown store sheit needed to craft jewelery I'm ok with that, most of us will buy this DLC anyways.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • craigr02
    craigr02
    ✭✭✭
    Audens wrote: »
    "Additionally, you will not be able to deconstruct any jewelry you're currently holding onto prior to Summerset launch."

Are you actually serious? Are you serious?
    This is so stupid. Guess all the jewelry I was saving to level another *** crafting profession can just be destroyed.

Or you can give it to someone else or buy summerset!
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Audens wrote: »
    "Additionally, you will not be able to deconstruct any jewelry you're currently holding onto prior to Summerset launch."

Are you actually serious? Are you serious?
    This is so stupid. Guess all the jewelry I was saving to level another *** crafting profession can just be destroyed.

She said deconstruct. You can probably still use it to learn traits if they go that route.
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *grabs popcorn* :p
    I was hoping for a CWC treatment. The station is in Summerset, but can get one (or more) for your house with writ vouchers

Yes this is exactly like how they should do it.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how is it p2w win you can have you friends craft it for you and can be bought in guild trader
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one was allowed to carry their beta gear and mats to get a head start on crafting when ESO went live, I don’t see this as being any different. It’s a new skill and they want a fair start for everyone...

Everyone who bought, Summerset, that is. That’s my only beef with this. I’ve already purchased, but still think it should be a base-game feature along with all the other crafting skills.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    how is it p2w win you can have you friends craft it for you and can be bought in guild trader

ZOS needs to add an alternative way for players who didn't buy Summerset to craft Jewelry;
    Otherwise, players who bought Summerset and have access to the Jewelry crafting skill will have complete monopoly on the market.
    You will be able to see listings of Jewelry reaching 500k-2M gold in guild stores. It doesn't seems fair, right ? :p
    I suggested a few ways to implement an alternative way of crafting Jewelry(for players who didn't buy Summerset):

The Jewelry Crafting presented by Gina is very limited to either buy the chapter+craft or buy the jewelry from other players, rather than craft by yourself.
    I would be happy if there will be a similar option to Transmute station but for Jewelry Crafting(items created by the jewelry station/s will be BoE).
    2 ways it can work:
    1. Special Jewelry crafting station that cost 2,000 vouchers, available to purchase from Rolis Hlaalu. The player will be able to craft any available Jewelry set by using this station at his/other players home.

2. Attunable Jewelry crafting stations that cost: 250 vouchers each. available to purchase from Rolis Hlaalu.
    The player will be able to craft any available Jewelry set by using this stations at his/other players home.

I prefer option #1 since it cost less and much more comfortable.
    Edited by Universe on March 30, 2018 1:19PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The folks who have been holding onto jewelry in anticipation are going to be PISSED

When you think about it, it is probably more fair this way. Some of us have tons of gold jewelry waiting to be deconstructed that newer players won't have.

Of course those of us that can run Veteran HM Trials will have a big advantage in acquiring gold materials...
    Playing since beta...
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Additionally, you will not be able to deconstruct any jewelry you're currently holding onto prior to Summerset launch.

Will I at least be able to upgrade them?

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Lakashi wrote: »
    So I guess all this means current jewelry isn't upgradeable either?

My guess is the current jewelry will be completely left out of any jewelry crafting abilities. No deconstruction (confirmed), no improvement (likely), no transmutation (also likely). Many changes to the base game, and DLC's, have been directed towards leveling the playing field for new players.

A complete "reset" of craftable jewelry evens the playing field and ensures that just because you had millions to spend on hoarding jewelry, you won't automatically be able to max the Jewelry Crafting skill line in the first hour after release. Your current jewelry will still function like it always has, so you are still able to take advantage of all those months/years of collecting over someone brand new to the game, but when it comes to crafting/improving - everyone starts fresh.

If you can’t upgrade existing jewelry there will be sooooo many arguments in trading, after all, if the jewelry looks the same how the heck do we tell if it can be upgraded or not?

As I mentioned in a post above, I look for the name of the jewelry to have a completely new look. Either by adding an extra descriptor in there to denote material IE. "Mithril" ring of Mother's Sorrow (this would be the most practical solution), or by adding information in parentheses where current armor/weapons display their style information.

I can all but guarantee that there will be some relatively obvious way to tell the post-Summerset jewelry apart from the current stock. At some point, players will have to assume some personal responsibility to verify what they're purchasing, and not expect ZOS to hold their hand and protect them from fraud artists every step of the way.
    diamond is the current top materials of jewelry as I understand this go from level 50 to cp160.
    I assume we will get new materials and we will have new and old jewelry. the old works just as now.
    The new can be crafted into set, deconstructed, upgraded and you can change trait, in short it work just as armor.

If you don't own summerset I guess you will probably get one major change, you will get jewelry in 9 traits.
    This will be an bumper if its an dungeon or trial set as most traits will not be bis.
    On the other hand its likely you can buy crafted jewelry, flipping the old weapon and armor of crafted, jewelry and armor of dropped. Overland not an huge issue as all who have summerset and invested some into crafting will just buy green or blue so purple bis traits will not go up in price much.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    The folks who have been holding onto jewelry in anticipation are going to be PISSED

When you think about it, it is probably more fair this way. Some of us have tons of gold jewelry waiting to be deconstructed that newer players won't have.

Of course those of us that can run Veteran HM Trials will have a big advantage in acquiring gold materials...
    Gonna get all my alts ready to get jewelcrafting hirelings.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    What is wrong with paying for content? I see nobody raging over the psijic order skill line.

Pretty sure you'll need summerset to get that skill line. So, there is some more content you don't get free.

Too much complaining over a small amount of money to purchase the chapter. I'd also like to know how many of you, complaining about the skill line, sub to eso or have spent money on the game other than the initial purchase

There's nothing wrong with paying for content. I think at least 90% of people who are playing ESO regularly are going to buy Summerset if they haven't already pre-ordered it.

However, many people see crafting as a base game feature, and ZOS did say when they came out with the whole B2P with DLC/Chapters model that they would keep adding improvements to the base game.

I ask again: Is the new zone, trial, quests and skill line not enough enticement for people to buy Summerset? It certainly is for me, though I am quite put off by the fact that jewelry crafting will be locked behind it and am reconsidering.

Even if I understand that this is a mostly academic discussion that will only affect a small minority of players that for one reason or another are not able to buy Summerset at launch.

Because after June, Summerset will be part of the "base game" along with Morrowind, and only the people who have been here before then and have invested previous money into the game are going to be affected by this.

It's the principle of the thing. It will not hurt their bottom line in the least to make jewelry crafting a base game feature, and it will make everyone happy.
    The Moot Councillor
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also disappointed. I pre-paid for Summerset, and this will be the last time i pre-pay for anything ESO. Other comments pretty much cover my thoughts on this.This isn't like being able to change your gear to Imperial or Morag Tong. This is a lot bigger than that and unless they water it down from what our current expectations are, and make it pretty much crap, it could essentially bring a lot of imbalance in what gear players are able to acquire. I knew if they could pull it off they could paywall this, but the crafting system is definitely base game. It was one of the things that drew me to ESO and they keep ruining it with each new feature related to it. It seems they lost complete track of what they originally designed the crafting system to be--something the rewarded the player for their time and effort invested into it--and focus now only changing it so it is yet another avenue that will bring in more cash flow for ZOS, and I'm tired of this.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭
    SecretJoy wrote: »
    SecretJoy wrote: »

Now what is this? Is there any reasonable thinking that might have lead you to this decision? How come you claim it's gonna work like blacksmithing etc if i can't deconstruct the items i have?

I've been waiting for this to come, carried hundreds of jewels from one bank alt to another, just to make sure i will have quick level 50 when it lands. Why am i being punished for this? How come it's my fault if others did not collect?

This is so braindead.

How exactly are you getting punished? They never explicitly stated that we'd be able to deconstruct old jewelry for mats.

That's not something you need a statement for. It's game basics, you deconstruct items and you get mats and levels. If you say "you won't be able to deconstruct your items" then it sure is a punishment.

They probably decided to do it this way so everyone is on an even playing field when the Chapter launches.

We'll all have to start from scratch with the same nodes, and possibly with farming the same jewelry depending on how they implement it.

The idea is obvious, but then again it doesn't mean the idea is not stupid. Like, everyone has been talking about jewellery crafting for years, everyone kind of expected this to be implemented at some point, and if i was making investments for future so could everyone. It wasn't a secret. All i did was not selling my golden jewellery to vendors, and now i need to be treated like cheating for this. I freaking earned it, they are my jewels, it's my investment, and it wasn't easy to hold hundreds of jewellery for this long. They don't have right to punish me for a so-called even playing field.

Yep, it's your jewelry and your investment. Nothing about any of that is changing. You made a guess about how jewelry crafting would work. If you were saving for years, you were planning for the future before anything about how the system would work was written down.

You do know they could have treated making jewels like enchanting, right? Find three different things and combine them into one. That's still crafting. Nothing about "jewelry crafting" as a phrase indicates that the system had to function like woodworking.

You would only have somewhat of a point if you started saving after the announcement where is was stated that jewelry crafting would work similarly to woodworking and other equipment crafting. But the "years" in your post rules that out.

I get you're annoyed about inventory muling for that long. But the only person at fault for that is what you see when you look in the mirror. You aren't being punished or being treated like a cheater. You're "paying the price" for guessing wrong.

This is like describing every game design decision as a "slap in the face" when you don't like it. People want the game to be improved, but how can the developers do that when they're so busy flying around the country smacking all these players in the head?

• CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭
    Numerikuu wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Will jewelry acquired before Summerset be upgradable? Or will we have to grind every single piece of our jewelry all over again? Because if that's the case...

Why would you have to grind again? If you like your current gear, you need to spend exactly zero hours getting the same gear in whatever new format exists.

If you want to change your gear, including a new trait on your existing sets? Well, yeah, then you need to farm for new stuff. Just like you'd have to before this new system existed.

I guess I don't see any kind of grind as a new burden here. Want new stuff? Go get new stuff.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P2W.

I'm very disappointed.
    I hope they change their minds about this.

It's kind of silly to describe elements of an expansion as P2W.

If that is the case - then basically every MMORPG on the market that requires you to purchase expansions to access its content is "P2W"

So that cheapens the term.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

@ZOS_GinaBruno Can you clarify this statement? I interpreted it as even those that own Summerset and can access the jewelrycrafting stations cannot deconstruct jewelry that was looted from before the Summerset expansion.

She also said nothing about upgrading or transmuting jewelry you already own. I guess we really need to read that upcoming article.

You will still be able to upgrade, transmute, or even research existing jewelry. You just won't be able to deconstruct it.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will still be able to upgrade, transmute, or even research existing jewelry. You just won't be able to deconstruct it.

Alright, thanks Gina, this confirms it well.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news!
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Deconning current jewelry would make leveling the jewelry crafting skill line way too easy. Just buy all the useless purple rings and necklaces and decon then. Everyone and his mother would be max level in 2 hours.

And what exactly would be wrong with maxing the line it quickly when you still have research 9 traits the old-fashioned way? Leveling a craft that has traits is not "max level." Max is when you can craft jewelry for 9-trait sets.