The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Note that the Summerset Chapter is required to use the new (Jewelry) Crafting Stations."

• lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    You still can buy neck and ring from other player by ingame gold
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    I have nothing against it. I know, many here feel entitled to get everything for free.
    But I think it's good that they give people a good reason to buy Summerset.

I see it this way: Someone who plays every day and probably (hopefully) is an ESO+ member, won't have a problem buying at least the very cheap Summerset Upgrade. And someone, who for some reason I don't understand, isn't an ESO+ member, doesn't need golden yewelry anyway. And as for crafting yewelry, you can still have a crafter craft it for you and give it to you. The only thing you miss out, is upgrading your yewelry from purple to gold.
    Hoarders and crafters need ESO+ same with people into houses. If you pretty much only PvP you don't need it, on the other hand you would like to craft or upgrade jewelry without having to do vet dungeons and trials, if in an raid group gold jewelry is important on group buff sets too.

On the other hand you can still play end game its just an handicap, still I would prefer to have crafting station for all but resources only in Sumerset, it would make summerset an get rich effect rater than an p2w feeling.

Still an new WOW expansion is coming out later this year, you will need it to even touch the new end game.

Upgrading yewelry to gold is such a minor improvement. As for me, I usually run ancient grace in most of my setups (Magicka+4% max magicka) and when I upgrade my purple to gold, I get like 150 Magicka out of it, after magicka mults added to it. It won't change anything. It won't make me hit harder, it won't make my shields better. All it does, is look better and gives me a better feeling. But is it helpfull ? No.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This thread sounds like my wife when I get home from work. A lot of complaints over something that is cheap to purchase.

If it's too much money for you to purchase the chapter, maybe you should spend less time playing eso and get a job or 2nd job so you can purchase something as cheap as $30
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Throughout Tamriel, you can find new Jewelry Crafting Stations (including set stations) that allow you to create custom jewelry for the current crafted item sets, and you will be able to complete Writs and Master Writs like any other crafting Skill Line. Note that the Summerset Chapter is required to use the new Crafting Stations.

...y'know, I wanted to stick up for ZOS. I believed this new crafting skill line would be included in the free base game update since it's such a major mechanic that everyone wanted. So to actually confirm it's restricted behind a paywall?

I mean, I personally bought the digital upgrade of course, but still. :/

No different then Morrowind and the warden class and transmute station.

The company is a business and has to generate revenue.
    Buying the base game once a year ago doesn't entitle you to all the goodies regardless.

This is not a FREE TO PLAY game.

except... you don't have to have morrowind to craft morrowind sets. you don't have to have clockwork city to be able to to transmute your gear either.

restricting jewelry crafting to expansion is a radical departure from how they normally operate. and before you say "but you buy crafter jewelry from other players" can I buy or in my case more like.. can I sell an upgrade item that will allow someone to upgrade their... dungeon jewelry? you know the kind that comes in BoP and doesn't show up on Cyrodil golden vendor and yet can be very desirable in case of certain dungeon sets? yeah.....
    People apply flawed logic here.

Transmute station access, DLC gear access (crafted and dropped) were courtesies provided by the Devs ~ a mistake I don't expect they'll make again. So now this rolls around and people automatically expect it to be a free feature.

Many games don't let you use content related items if you do not have access to the content. Turn off ESO+ for a month, and now that cool stuff you got from CoS/RoM/MoL/Fang, etc remains in your inventory, but isn't functional.

They could have justifiably restricted transmute access to content owners. Give everyone the chance to earn the stones, but no way to use them.

As it is, you'll probably be able to still purchase crafted jewelry. I you insist on not paying $30 (JC is probably worth that by itself, in the long run), expect to pay out the nose in gold.

It's not gamebreaking, it's a bonus feature, adding more variety possible in set combinations.

I expect the new traits will likely be added to the drop table, so you'll have a chance to acquire those, but grinding for BiS trait jewelry will now require 2x the runs.

It's effectively no damned different than if you play a standalone game and uncheck the box on content at the start - the content specific stuff ceases to function. Devs at least granted the courtesy to prevent that part from happening.

It's $30. Thirty. Dollars. If it's not worth that to you, don't buy it, but don't complain that the convenience of a bonus, but not necessary to win, feature is not accessible to you.

For the record, you also won't have access to:
    • The Psijic Line
    • The Trial and its associated drops
    • Any housing available in the zone.
    • Any memento bonuses from the zone
    • Any costumes/skins/personalities from the zone.
    • Anything else that comes along with it.

Previous courtesy/gift on the part of the Devs from previous DLC's/Chapters/Content does not translate to entitled requirement to future ones.

Pay for the benefit, or quite complaining about it.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something useful is about to get added to the game, lets go to the forums and complain about it...
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chargeing money for new content is perfectly fine of course, but devalueing old content, which players already payed for, to "force" them into spending more money is a different story. It is not only disrespectful to buying customers, but also shows some lack of confidence in the quality of their new content. Does this apply to locked jewelry crafting? Can't tell yet, but if crafted jewelry gives a significant advantage and isn't accessible to players without the new chaper, then certainly yes.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Rianai And how, exactly, does it devalue old content or force anyone to do anything?

Preemptive questions:
    • What content (other than that that is clearly included in the chapter in question) will we be unable to complete without Jewelrycrafting?
    • What gear combo will you not be able to have, provided you grind enough and are RNG blessed?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paying for optional content is not nor will it ever be pay to win. Either support pay to play or get used to optional content costing. You simply cannot have it both ways.

Or in the words of Officer Barbrady,

2642338-4266061320-offic.jpg
    Edited by Panomania on March 29, 2018 11:45AM
    The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now i'm competing with players at roughly the same "power level" gear wise. If crafted jewelry gives them an advantage, i'm at a disadvantage which makes my preferred content (pvp) less enjoyable and therefore less valuable for me. Note that i'm not saying this will be the case. I don't even think it is very likely to happen. Just that it is possible.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things like jewellery crafting should be added to the base game, or at least made it like the transmutation station.

Very sad to see. dislike. wont buy the expansion.

This. This is greed. Label it whatever you like, but it's still greed=)
  • RobDaCool
    RobDaCool
    ✭✭✭
    Their game their choice I suppose.

PS4 NA -RobdacoolV2
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is absolutely slowly moving towards P2W. Transmutation was ok, Warden locked behind paywall and is very good but not a huge game changer, now jewelry crafting which is a huge game changer and completely locked behind paywall. It doesn’t bode well for the games future on the part of the players.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    Iselin wrote: »
    Expected although this goes beyond gating a class. Set jewelry is a BIG deal. Much bigger than Warden / not-Warden.

Indeed.
    This is a new unnecessary paywall, even worse.
    Jewelry Crafting may become essential to be competitive in PVP and PVE.
    Players who didn't buy Summerset will have to buy the jewelry from other players for extremely high fees(assuming it will BoE and not BoP).

Extremely high? Because crafted gear is already so expensive?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Right now i'm competing with players at roughly the same "power level" gear wise. If crafted jewelry gives them an advantage, i'm at a disadvantage which makes my preferred content (pvp) less enjoyable and therefore less valuable for me. Note that i'm not saying this will be the case. I don't even think it is very likely to happen. Just that it is possible.
    I don't think you have anything to worry about then.

The only thing JC will give advantage-wise is the ability to upgrade from Purple to Gold, and that increase is incredibly minor, in the grand scheme of things.

In PvP, i'd argue that's it's not even worth as much as making, or capitalizing on a single player mistake.

it will not affect sets available, in that you will still be able to wear the same set combos as before, simply in a different configuration.

Earn it.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lelink88 wrote: »

yes and maybe...

remember, transmute locks items to account - they become bound

so it is quite possible that when all is said and done jewel crafting or upgrading might turn out to be bound as well.

i would not have thought so, since no other crafting equipment works that way, but then, the other crafting stations for equipment do not require DLC purchase to use either. So, at the current time JC is sort of unique.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I'm just worried this might mean we won't get a jewelry crafting station as furnishing for our homes?

To mirror what @Taleof2Cities said, I imagine they will simply be locked behind a Summerset Achievement Furnisher. Maybe requiring the completion of the main story quest, or some other quest restricted to the new chapter - ala Faustina Curio and how her wares are restricted to Morrowind purchasers.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For me, i am neither upset nor happy that the JC current plan is to be requiring the DLC purchase to use.

i do note it is a departure from other such functions to date - even at the chapter level for transmute.

While content like BG and warden and Wrothgar and such were DLC/required required, the "functions were usually not.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it will not affect sets available, in that you will still be able to wear the same set combos as before, simply in a different configuration.

It allows the use of 2 crafted sets, which is not possible currently and it might give access to otherwise unaccessible new traits. So while i'm indeed not too worried right now, the potential for some imbalance is still there.
    Edited by Rianai on March 29, 2018 12:26PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    lelink88 wrote: »

yes and maybe...

remember, transmute locks items to account - they become bound

so it is quite possible that when all is said and done jewel crafting or upgrading might turn out to be bound as well.

i would not have thought so, since no other crafting equipment works that way, but then, the other crafting stations for equipment do not require DLC purchase to use either. So, at the current time JC is sort of unique.
    this would make jewelry crafting less interesting it would also force players to incest in it rater than use guild.

Now one other effect of it is that it would drop the cost of many sets like briarheart jewelry a lot as you can upgrade from green to purple easy.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again what are you winning ?
    Good idea ZoS Thank you for the new content very excited
    Also looking forward to the Crown Store gifting !
    Edited by Pops_ND_Irish on March 29, 2018 12:43PM
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    *grabs popcorn* :p
    I was hoping for a CWC treatment. The station is in Summerset, but can get one (or more) for your house with writ vouchers

even though I plan on buying Summerset asap, I was also hoping for this. It makes sense that the majority of the technology is in Summerset, while "a select few of really wealthy people" have their own
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER

Greed on which side though?
    The side that creates the content?
    Or the side that consumes the content?

Desiring a release model that only requires a one time payment with unlimited access to any and all future endeavors doesn't sound greedy?

The price point seems fair, and the only issue I can see against the content creators is that they don't offer any sort of discount for subscribed users.

"Unlimited access to any and all future endeavors." Hardly. Its more like "access to long wanted features that affect the game as a whole, whilst paying for access to new content."
    @ak_pvp

To take your tune:

"access to long wanted features that affect the game as a whole, whilst paying for access to new content." It's more like "expecting these desired features to be developed and paid for on the developer's dime for an entertainment service consumed by you"

No. It's expected to be paid for by purchases of the game, the Morrowind "expansion", all the ESO+ subs, and all the crown store money. Call greed whatever you like, and attempt to twist it around. It's still ZOS greed.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    This thread sounds like my wife when I get home from work. A lot of complaints over something that is cheap to purchase.

If it's too much money for you to purchase the chapter, maybe you should spend less time playing eso and get a job or 2nd job so you can purchase something as cheap as $30

It's not about if it's cheap or not.
    I'm an active ESO plus member, I bought countless crown packs, crown crates and so on and I still believe that important base game feature like Jewelry Crafting should remain open to ALL players regardless of Summerset's purchase.

I bought Summerset before I knew Jewelry Crafting will be exclusive.
    I'm thinking of canceling my ESO plus subscription and stop buying from the crown store if they continue down this road of P2W or better named: Elder Paywalls Online.
    I'm not planning to quit over this, but this is how I feel about this:
    PertinentQueasyGallowaycow-size_restricted.gif
    Edited by Universe on March 29, 2018 3:13PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And other MMOs would make it required to buy the new expansion to reach max level. Goodness gracious loves...
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this chapter doesn't really have any added (and 'paywalled') features, I can understand jewelry crafting to be one of these. If they would make it free, they should have anything else locked behind that infamous 'paywall'. Since I already bought the chapter, I don't care anymore.
    Edited by SirCritical on March 29, 2018 3:17PM
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is not true

You can probably buy the station and put it in your house or use a friends
    You can buy the materials from guild stores
    Its the same as transmute cristals and previouse chapter
  • Revelzdevelz
    Revelzdevelz
    ✭✭✭
    Its not that expensive to buy and if you really want to whine you can wait a cpl months and get it at extreme discount. ppl calling this P2W havent a clue what P2W really is. Go play BDO or Archage or Rift and learn what that really means
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand how alot of people have a problem with this and call it P2W. It is indeed undeniable a (very small) gear advantage that is locked behind a paywall, that is a clear and technical fact that can be observed by everyone, pro or contra.

But the advantage of gold jewellery is so small it shouldn't matter, so I don't mind.

Is it cheesy ? Yes, of course. Ideally new content should be made and not just made but made so interesting and amazing that people want to pay gladly in order to be able to experience the new content. THAT should be the one and only reason for people to consider the worth of an expansion. instead, a very basic feature that could (should?) have been in the game from the start is now locked behind a paywall...not very sportsy right ?

That being said, for what this stuff costs and if you are into this game seriously...it's a joke. Just pay up and enjoy that there is something so nice in your life to enjoy. For the price of enjoying this whole new expansion you won't be able to do much else in RL. 2 people to the movies without a drink but no dinner...done. So in the perspective of life this whole wining thread is a joke...
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If golden jewels will be able to be sold to other players that don't have the chapter, it's fine from me.

and stop with this kind of topics, we don't know if it will be like this or not until natch potes
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    "You people"

Yeah, i'm done. Somebody moderate this thread.