The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Note that the Summerset Chapter is required to use the new (Jewelry) Crafting Stations."

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not pay to win at all ;)

Correct. There is nothing P2W about it. You can still obtain gold jewellery via other methods.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor people shouldnt play mmos :*
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Kanar wrote: »
    I'm fine with it. No problemo to pay 30 bucks for an expansion.

However, if the raw materials are only harvestable in summerset, THAT I will have a problem with. It's an exercise in frustration to compete with hordes of other harvesters for nodes.

If jewelry crafting really is restricted to Summerset, then I don't see how it would NOT be the case.

Which is another reason why I hope this is just a misreading and we can all just go to Summerset to enjoy the region.

They said its "like black smithing." Jewelry is made from metal. Maybe it will use the same ores as black smithing
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting makes heavy armor even stronger as sets like Seventh and Fury will now have robust jewelry. It also makes Sorc relatively weaker and more pigeon-holed as we do not wear craftet sets and I can not see us being able to give up Arcane for any other traits. We shall soon see.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone that assumed that it would be placed in the base game were fooling themselves. It was clearly presented as a cornerstone of the Chapter.

Crafters in ESO have been given the shaft from the beginning. Items do not break from decay so you do not have to replace them as you do in other games. This hurts the crafting economy greatly. This new feature at least gives crafters a little bit back as they sale the pieces to those that do not get the expansion or want to grind the new traits/ skill.

If the jewelry pieces do end up as BOP, then I would agree it is a paywall. I also would be highly upset should they do this, along with many others. I suspect that they would not do it knowing that this can be the tipping point of losing many of their player base. If they do not know this, they better wake up.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ROLL UP!!! ROLL UP!!!

PRE-ORDER YOUR GOLD JEWELLERY FROM MY STAMBLADE!!!

*LOL's as everyone goes completely postal..." :trollface:
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    own the chapter, don't care
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    New features are usually part of expansion, so the cost is well justified.

However if the stations are only available or there is just one station, i can see big problems. These should be all around Tamriel like any other crafting locations. In fact, they should be part of each basic crafting location but only accessible for those who have bought the expansion.

Some say advantage, yes it is good value for someone who wants to buy the expansion and get the crafting, but regarding game mechanics, there are no advantage. If you need certain jewellery, you either be a good sport and buy from guild vendor or hire a crafter to do it for you.

That is exactly is going to happen. They have stated in the article that there will jewelery crafting everywhere. You just cannot use them if you do not own Summerset.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Throughout Tamriel, you can find new Jewelry Crafting Stations (including set stations) that allow you to create custom jewelry for the current crafted item sets, and you will be able to complete Writs and Master Writs like any other crafting Skill Line. Note that the Summerset Chapter is required to use the new Crafting Stations.

...y'know, I wanted to stick up for ZOS. I believed this new crafting skill line would be included in the free base game update since it's such a major mechanic that everyone wanted. So to actually confirm it's restricted behind a paywall?

I mean, I personally bought the digital upgrade of course, but still. :/

No different then Morrowind and the warden class and transmute station.

The company is a business and has to generate revenue.
    Buying the base game once a year ago doesn't entitle you to all the goodies regardless.

This is not a FREE TO PLAY game.

except... you don't have to have morrowind to craft morrowind sets. you don't have to have clockwork city to be able to to transmute your gear either.

restricting jewelry crafting to expansion is a radical departure from how they normally operate. and before you say "but you buy crafter jewelry from other players" can I buy or in my case more like.. can I sell an upgrade item that will allow someone to upgrade their... dungeon jewelry? you know the kind that comes in BoP and doesn't show up on Cyrodil golden vendor and yet can be very desirable in case of certain dungeon sets? yeah.....
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    Throughout Tamriel, you can find new Jewelry Crafting Stations (including set stations) that allow you to create custom jewelry for the current crafted item sets, and you will be able to complete Writs and Master Writs like any other crafting Skill Line. Note that the Summerset Chapter is required to use the new Crafting Stations.

...y'know, I wanted to stick up for ZOS. I believed this new crafting skill line would be included in the free base game update since it's such a major mechanic that everyone wanted. So to actually confirm it's restricted behind a paywall?

Buying the base game once a year ago doesn't entitle you to all the goodies regardless.

except... you don't have to have morrowind to craft morrowind sets. you don't have to have clockwork city to be able to to transmute your gear either.

restricting jewelry crafting to expansion is a radical departure from how they normally operate. and before you say "but you buy crafter jewelry from other players" can I buy or in my case more like.. can I sell an upgrade item that will allow someone to upgrade their... dungeon jewelry? you know the kind that comes in BoP and doesn't show up on Cyrodil golden vendor and yet can be very desirable in case of certain dungeon sets? yeah.....

All dungeon sets appear at the golden vendor now.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

All dungeon sets appear at the golden vendor now.

hmmm... I thought it was just overland stuff. nonetheless. it seems like a departure from how they handled things like that before. and to be honest I cannot say that I personaly like it. but then again, I wasn't really a fan of locking battlegrounds behind morrowind either, so...
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New feature included in new product. Soooo confusing! Capitalism, what is it?
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    not pay to win at all ;)

Correct. There is nothing P2W about it. You can still obtain gold jewellery via other methods.

I don't honestly care. We both know this is done because ZOS is milking this game to death.

Just like the ''outfit system'' , or lets call it for what it is, the costume creator trial version(buy 1500 crowns to try it a little bit more, but no secondary outfits on your other toons, 1,5k for only 1 outfit for 1 toon ;) ), this new spellcrafting will also be ruined by their greed. Just you wait :)

Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 29, 2018 2:29AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not pay to win at all ;)

I don't honestly care. We both know this is done because ZOS is milking this game to death.

Just like the ''outfit system'' , or lets call it for what it is, the costume creator trial version(buy 1500 crowns to try it a little bit more, but no secondary outfits on your other toons, 1,5k for only 1 outfit for 1 toon ;) ), this new spellcrafting will also be ruined by their greed. Just you wait :)

How is making money "greedy"? ZOS isn't a charity.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    not pay to win at all ;)

How is making money "greedy"? ZOS isn't a charity.

Why do I need to pay 12500 crowns to have 1 extra outfit slot on my each toon? Not to mention having to spend crazy amounts of money if I want to change my look, so I'm forced into buying more If I want to actually use the thing. I don't want to pay 20-30k gold for every time I want to change my look. I could craft an entire new setup with that much gold.

Why do I need to gamble to get what I want instead of being able to just buy exactly what I want?

Why does zos try to scam new players by selling base game motifs that literally sell for 300-400 gold, for extreme prices?
    (we are not talking about 10 or 20 bucks here, a motif book for 60 bucks? Do you know how many ACTUAL GAMES I could buy with that much?)

Why are there paid ,single use dyes again?

So on and so on... the list is growing bigger and bigger. The crown store is literally all about scamming people. I don't care about your 130$ digital caves, If I'm paying for the sub I expect to have access to all the basic game functions, you can have all the cosmetics and shiny dumb ''look at me I'm a whale'' toys.

But enough is enough. This company is literally trying its best to screw over its own loyal playerbase.

This summerset is an expansion for sure. ZOS is expanding their wallet.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 29, 2018 2:54AM
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    No issue with this at all, like any MMO out there (every single other one, in fact) new expansions bring new things. Yes, you have to buy them. People have been spoilt in ESO, and left feeling heavily self-entitled.

Oh and as for the guy above me, @Ragnarock41. Wow, i've never seen anybody so painfully invested in such a waste of hot air. Take a deep breath, stop trolling everybody and get back to the real world. Without any of the features you listed above, that might I add are grossly and inaccurately over dramafied, the game would be packing up and going into the late stages of maintenance mode. Further yet, half of those issues would be solved by you sticking your hand into your own pocket and subbing the measly $15/€13 for once. That would show your appreciation and support the game you seem so passionate to play all day, but slam and slander all night.

Some community members, really...
    Edited by leothedino on March 29, 2018 3:35AM
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    I am cancelling my preorder. I may get another as we see the developments, but for now my interest fades.

Sad to see such a promising game turn to hypermonetization, even if its not directly P2W, players should be on even turf no matter what DLC they buy or not, convenience, sets, new interesting content like BGs, IC, Morrowind zone, trials etc are all fun and fair, and allow the game to prosper. Forcing buys is not.

You can see how the focus of the game changed, game improvements, bug fixes etc are all secondary to cosmetics, new zones etc. Old DLC is often just forgotten.

No one gets my stuff, I am poor. :*

You do realise that nearly every other MMO out there forces you too do the exact same thing right? This model isnt new.

If people had such resistance to the notion of how expansions work (they can keep calling it a chapter but we all know these are expansions, calling it a chapter is just an excuse too overprice it) then perhaps people could of got up in arms about this in the early days.

Though I suppose outrage is a modern theme in the industry.

I dont support the model, I hate it - especially considering expansions in other games bring more content and are often cheaper by 30%, but I just find your comment somewhat - "late".
    Edited by xeNNNNN on March 29, 2018 3:39AM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So only Bind on Equip gear can be upgraded :/ without summerset.

A little disappointing but not completely unexpected.

I mean we have been using purple rings without a complaint forever the only time its really going to be an issue is at the tip top of the leader boards. And people bragging about their skeleton parses since I am never going to be the best its pretty much irreverent that I can't get gold jewerely.

As for getting crafted jewerely, you can pay someone to do it for you.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just worried this might mean we won't get a jewelry crafting station as furnishing for our homes?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No jewellry crafting for me, then..
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I'm just worried this might mean we won't get a jewelry crafting station as furnishing for our homes?

Do you want the good news or the bad news first, @Falgor?

I think jewelry crafting stations for housing will probably be in the cards ... since they’re so similar to other housing crafting stations.

But, purchase of said crafting stations may well be restricted to Summerset chapter owners.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good to me.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    psychotrip wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Ethyarion wrote: »
    A feature that is a major selling point of the expansion requiring the expansion to use?

Failing to see how that's either unexpected or P2W.

Its definitely unexpected. Its like limiting transmutation to CWC, or poisons to DB.

P2W I don't know.

Huh. When you put it this way I guess I can see your point. It all depends on the precedent they've set in the past.

precendent is that content from expansions (not dlc) is not accessible unless you buy the expansion.

Despite all this talk of poisons and transmute stations, why is no one mentioning the Thieves guild Fence? the one people who don't have TG, or haven't earned ehr from completing the quest content...can't use even if in a friends house? Oh because it doesnt support their argument, despite being clearly relevant.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do know what Free to Play means, right?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    leothedino wrote: »
    No issue with this at all, like any MMO out there (every single other one, in fact) new expansions bring new things. Yes, you have to buy them. People have been spoilt in ESO, and left feeling heavily self-entitled.

Oh and as for the guy above me, @Ragnarock41. Wow, i've never seen anybody so painfully invested in such a waste of hot air. Take a deep breath, stop trolling everybody and get back to the real world. Without any of the features you listed above, that might I add are grossly and inaccurately over dramafied, the game would be packing up and going into the late stages of maintenance mode. Further yet, half of those issues would be solved by you sticking your hand into your own pocket and subbing the measly $15/€13 for once. That would show your appreciation and support the game you seem so passionate to play all day, but slam and slander all night.

Some community members, really...

Firstly, gaming is a service, I do pay for my sub, I enjoy the content in return, which is the ''service'' I get. However,that does not mean I will not criticize that company when it tells me ''you need to pay me more because reasons'' and then still do shady things anyways

Secondly, You people know how to bash bash a random dude when he tries to scam a newbie into buying a vampire bite,act like a paragon over 3-5k gold, and then when ZOS does the exact same thing but takes real money instead, you just turn blind to it.

Third and the last of all, my issue is despite me paying 15 bucks every month, ZOS tells me ''screw you, pay me more'' and then pulls this ''chapter'' trick. There really isn't any point left in buying ESO+ anymore, and I criticize the game because All It tries to do is rip off more money without giving anything new.

And yes, I honestly think the outfit system is ruined by ZOS greed. Its designed to make you feel so restricted that you have to buy outfit slots and motif books.

And this time I'm forced into buying the ''chapter'' because otherwise I will not be able to upgrade aaaaallll the jewelry I farmed.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 29, 2018 5:50AM
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Things like jewellery crafting should be added to the base game, or at least made it like the transmutation station.

Very sad to see. dislike. wont buy the expansion.

Assuming you wouldnt buy it anyway...
    Rawr
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    You can still hire a crafter to craft the jewelry for you if you can't be bothered to buy the expansion.

Not quite sure I understand this outrage at a new feature being locked behind an expansion. What would the point of DLC and expansions be if they offer nothing for a player but new storylines? Why would anyone pay for an expansion at all if the important additions were base game additions.

Just buy the expansion. Or don't buy it and stop complaining. There is so much whining from every DLC/Expansion announcement from groups of players who probably payed 20 bucks for the game and expect to get everything handed to them for free afterwards.

Dude every single thing about the game is monetized already. Does the ****ing crafting need to be even more monetized than it already is (practically impossible if you don't have ESO+ for the crafting bag)

I'm not a "free player" or anything like that and people in this thread need to stop characterizing people who complain as such. I've bought all the content outright for over $200 at this point. Enough is enough.

200$ for a game that provides as much time sink as ESO and for a game that has been providing content for 4 years is hardly a lot of money. And that is why people are giving the people complaining a hard time. If a player had bought a brand new game each year for the last 4 years, like what is required to keep up with the Call of Duty franchise, they would have spent more than 200$. I personally have spent well over 200$ on this game in the last year and half of playing it. So what. New content is always going to come with a price (and its not like the new content is somehow shutting off access to the old content you already purchased). That is the only way the game will be able to continue. Short of them forcing everyone to pay for subscriptions again and I can only imagine how that would go now with the level of complaining from Morrowind to Summerset about paying for additional content.

This isnt new exclusive content. Thats what you fail to get. Its a base game system like everything else similar to this in the past. I am playing the game since beta and ive spent about 1000$ on it. This is the first time that a similar system or an addition to something that exists in base game is being put behind a paywall. CP system, justice system, additions to crafting, dyes stations, crafting writs, master writs, outfit system, housing, towns in cyro, undaunted pledges, even transmutation is basically a base game system. Non of these was ever gated behind paywalls. They are part of the base game. Jewellery crafting isnt exclusive content either. There will be crafting stations everywhere. Its a base game system. Its part of crafting like master writs, like outfit, like dyes, like trasmutation.

They are literally putting it behind summerset to milk money out of it. For example there isnt much about PVP in this chapter and they know it so "they hyped jewellery crafting, the long awaited feature that people have been asking since launch" and they put it behind the chapter to "force" people to buy the chapter even if the chapter it self in terms of content doesnt really offer anything of interest to them. Sure its a brilliant marketting move but ffs they are already milking money out of everything in this game. Its not about P2W or feeling entitled to get things for free. They could add a million different things in summerset and make psijic skill line OP for all i care to "force" people to buy it.
    But jeez, is it so freaking necessary to charge people for base game features now?
    Edited by pieratsos on March 29, 2018 6:42AM
  • FastBen
    FastBen
    ✭✭✭

[/quote]

How is making money "greedy"? ZOS isn't a charity.[/quote]

Why do I need to pay 12500 crowns to have 1 extra outfit slot on my each toon? Not to mention having to spend crazy amounts of money if I want to change my look, so I'm forced into buying more If I want to actually use the thing. I don't want to pay 20-30k gold for every time I want to change my look. I could craft an entire new setup with that much gold.

[/quote]

Well outfits are not essential for this game you know. If you want to dress pretty you have to pay for it. It’s the same IRL.
  • FastBen
    FastBen
    ✭✭✭
    Throughout Tamriel, you can find new Jewelry Crafting Stations (including set stations) that allow you to create custom jewelry for the current crafted item sets, and you will be able to complete Writs and Master Writs like any other crafting Skill Line. Note that the Summerset Chapter is required to use the new Crafting Stations.”
    I suppose the new stations could be found anywhere not only in Summerset, but they could be used only if you have the chapter. May be they will be locked for those who don’t have it.
    Including set stations” probably means guilds and those who have set stations in their houses should buy with vouchers the new crafting stations and attune them to the set stations they already have. That will be very disappointing for a lot of guilds that already have all set stations in their guild halls.
    prepare for the first time to be able to craft, upgrade, and customize Your Own rings and necklaces” – probably they will be BoP.
    May be the mats needed for jewelry crafting can be found and obtained all over Tamril and could be picked up by anyone no matter if owns the chapter and after that sold like the the other mats.
  • orim
    orim
    ✭✭✭
    Scam and spit to face to all ESO + members
    Greedy company but i still hope for karma to kick back
    Fixing lags since beta