The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

"Note that the Summerset Chapter is required to use the new (Jewelry) Crafting Stations."

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER

Greed on which side though?
    The side that creates the content?
    Or the side that consumes the content?

Desiring a release model that only requires a one time payment with unlimited access to any and all future endeavors doesn't sound greedy?

The price point seems fair, and the only issue I can see against the content creators is that they don't offer any sort of discount for subscribed users.

"Unlimited access to any and all future endeavors." Hardly. Its more like "access to long wanted features that affect the game as a whole, whilst paying for access to new content."
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you ZOS now I can make some serious gold selling to people who didn't buy the expansion because they think it should be included with eso+
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there's legitimate cause for concern based on what's been said, and way too much speculation based on basically nothing. I'll wait for more info.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the amount of people who don't think ZOS should be allowed to make money off of their own game.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think we know enough about the system to be outraged yet. We know it exists, that is it. We don't know how it is going to work. We don't know if you can even sell or give away crafted jewelry. We don't know how hard it is going to be to get the materials needed to make or improve jewelry. I wouldn't get irate just yet.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    Makes me wish the game was sub only. At least then people wouldn't expect that just paying ten bucks for the base game and spending a few bucks now and then is more than enough and everything should be part of that ten dollar base game.

Same, but so every one is on even turf and ZOS doesn't have to turn to shadier methods. Believe it or not, this is from someone who supports CCs, and any cosmetic transaction like costumes, motifs, housing etc.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS now I can make some serious gold selling to people who didn't buy the expansion because they think it should be included with eso+

Can you? The wording craft your own implies the jewelry will be bound.
    This needs verification it will definitely suck if so.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    I am cancelling my preorder. I may get another as we see the developments, but for now my interest fades.

Sad to see such a promising game turn to hypermonetization, even if its not directly P2W, players should be on even turf no matter what DLC they buy or not, convenience, sets, new interesting content like BGs, IC, Morrowind zone, trials etc are all fun and fair, and allow the game to prosper. Forcing buys is not.

You can see how the focus of the game changed, game improvements, bug fixes etc are all secondary to cosmetics, new zones etc. Old DLC is often just forgotten.

No one gets my stuff, I am poor. :*

@ak_pvp

Yes, it would make the community prosper, and the development stagnate.
  • Crumorn
    Crumorn
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it will be p2w for the simple reason as crafting is in the game now. It takes a long time and a lot of commitment to research everything and become a master crafter or even a single well equipped crafter in a single skill tree.Then those who are crafters are often asked to make gear for a gold price. It's not like you can't equip the crafted jewelry and I am sure enough people are going to buy summerset so to make the prices for all the crafted jewlery balanced relatively across guild vendors depending on material cost.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the amount of people who don't think ZOS should be allowed to make money off of their own game.

The same kind of people crying about this would find a way to cry if the next chapter was completely free.

Heaven forbid you have to buy a chapter to use what comes with it. I'll agree that so far what we know we are getting seems kind of lackluster but the cheaper tag has me for a pre order.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine. Transmutation was the same way. This is not the definition of pay2win.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think we know enough about the system to be outraged yet. We know it exists, that is it. We don't know how it is going to work. We don't know if you can even sell or give away crafted jewelry. We don't know how hard it is going to be to get the materials needed to make or improve jewelry. I wouldn't get irate just yet.

I'm not angry or irate. I've only pre-ordered my seat at the angry table. ;-)
    Edited by BoloBoffin on March 28, 2018 7:21PM
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Source: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26347?Summerset-and-Update-18-Preview

Not stating my opinion, just letting people know. What do you think?

Seems exactly the same as....
    -Warden
    -Imperial City crafting stations
    -Orsinium (VSMA)
    -Morrowind crafting stations
    -CLockwork City crafting stations
    --etc

It doesn't say to wear crafted items, it says to "craft/create"

Except that all the crafting stations can be attuned and people who don't own the Chapter/DLC/ESO+ can craft from them.

So the only thing in your list that's not accessible to players who bought ESO before Morrowind and don't have ESO+ is the Warden and Maelstrom weapons.

So you are saying that if Jewelry Crafting is a base game mechanic nobody will buy Summerset?

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it to be part of the base game while still being excited about the expansion and more than willing to pay money for the content it will bring.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER

Desiring a release model that only requires a one time payment with unlimited access to any and all future endeavors doesn't sound greedy?

The price point seems fair, and the only issue I can see against the content creators is that they don't offer any sort of discount for subscribed users.

"Unlimited access to any and all future endeavors." Hardly. Its more like "access to long wanted features that affect the game as a whole, whilst paying for access to new content."
    @ak_pvp

To take your tune:

"access to long wanted features that affect the game as a whole, whilst paying for access to new content." It's more like "expecting these desired features to be developed and paid for on the developer's dime for an entertainment service consumed by you"
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on March 28, 2018 7:21PM
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can you? The wording craft your own implies the jewelry will be bound.
    This needs verification it will definitely suck if so.

You can also craft your own armor but that doesn't mean you can't sell it. We will find out later on when they release the full details but I think they will allow players to trade the jewelry so that everyone still has a chance to have the jewelry.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with jewelry crafting being exclusive to Summerset Islands Chapter.

The folks at ZOS want to be paid for going to work like all of use do and these chapter releases are going to help accomplish that goal. If Gina, Rich, and other developers leave because they can't support their families, than not having access to something you didn't pay for is going to be the least of your problems.

My biggest issue is there should be some means to use some crowns to pay for some of the Chapter. I understand that ZOS needs actual dollars to keep running as a company and do not disagree that some actual dollars are attached to the Chapter cost. But not allowing us to use any Crowns seems excessive.
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with jewelry crafting being exclusive to Summerset Islands Chapter.

The folks at ZOS want to be paid for going to work like all of use do and these chapter releases are going to help accomplish that goal. If Gina, Rich, and other developers leave because they can't support their families, than not having access to something you didn't pay for is going to be the least of your problems.

My biggest issue is there should be some means to use some crowns to pay for some of the Chapter. I understand that ZOS needs actual dollars to keep running as a company and do not disagree that some actual dollars are attached to the Chapter cost. But not allowing us to use any Crowns seems excessive.

I think the main reason that they won't allow you to purchase Chapters with crowns is the ESO+ community.

If they allowed that, then a large portion of ESO+ players would rage and claim that it makes Chapters qualify as DLC, so they should get it for free.
    Edited by SecretJoy on March 30, 2018 3:11PM
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the jewelry can be traded, then [shrugs]. If not? Then yeah... Yikes.
  • Hokiewa
    Hokiewa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Things like jewellery crafting should be added to the base game, or at least made it like the transmutation station.

Very sad to see. dislike. wont buy the expansion.

Then you weren't buying it before lol
  • Hokiewa
    Hokiewa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Things like jewellery crafting should be added to the base game, or at least made it like the transmutation station.

Very sad to see. dislike. wont buy the expansion.

@DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER

The question is though: If it was added to the base game, would you have bought the expansion anyway? Since you haven't already, I'm assuming not.
    I was going to before I saw this. The greed is too much.

Lol sorry, I don't believe you.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER

@ak_pvp

To take your tune:

"access to long wanted features that affect the game as a whole, whilst paying for access to new content." It's more like "expecting these desired features to be developed and paid for on the developer's dime for an entertainment service consumed by you"

*Facepalm*
    You do realise that people still bought the base game right? You do realise that we have a thing called crown store where people buy stuff with real money right? Are you seriously implying that normal single player games are paid from developer's pocket just for our entertainment?
    Edited by pieratsos on March 28, 2018 7:36PM
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    whats funny to me is that people are complaining about jewelery crafting, but they didnt have to add it, and they already said that they werent interested in doing it, but they did it anyway
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this will help with farming.

before you couldnt have two 5 piece crafted items and had to buy or farm rings and amulets, which if it was a dungeon set was a pain in the ass.

This could make for some interesting 5 piece set combinations
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine. Transmutation was the same way. This is not the definition of pay2win.

actually it is, it allows you to create rings and amulets for crafted gear which means you can run 2 crafted sets for the 5 piece bonuses.

you couldnt do that before.

also it allows you to upgrade from a crappy green found ring to legendary.

not sure how you think that is not p2w
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this was a f2p game... ok I could understand it. But it's not the case.
    In top of that I really can't see how Summerset can be called an expansion.

I did preorder, but all this makes me very uncomfortable, I don't want to start feeling like when I played SWTOR or other greedy games. Please ZoS stop with this nonsense. :/
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    @DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER

@ak_pvp

To take your tune:

*Facepalm*
    You do realise that people still bought the base game right? You do realise that we have a thing called crown store where people buy stuff with real money right? Are you seriously implying that normal single player games are paid from developer's pocket just for our entertainment?

But these normal single player games also charge for each expansion or dlc. If I remember correctly, I had to pay for each of the Skyrim DLCs when they came out... Or the Fallout 4 DLCs. But they bought the base game, so they should just be given this additional content for free? That isn't how it works and that has never been how it has worked with mainstream titles. Addons, DLC, and Expansions have always added more to a game with additional costs. It's been like this for at least 2 decades.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Source: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26347?Summerset-and-Update-18-Preview

-Warden
    -Orsinium (VSMA)
    --etc

Except that all the crafting stations can be attuned and people who don't own the Chapter/DLC/ESO+ can craft from them.

So the only thing in your list that's not accessible to players who bought ESO before Morrowind and don't have ESO+ is the Warden and Maelstrom weapons.

So you are saying that if Jewelry Crafting is a base game mechanic nobody will buy Summerset?

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it to be part of the base game while still being excited about the expansion and more than willing to pay money for the content it will bring.

@AlnilamE
    No, you’re missing it.
    To get access the dlc is required, you’re trying to describe where someone who has access has unlocked access outside of the dlc which will apply here as well.

However no different than before, you can’t access a skill line or feature you have ot unlocked or paid for...period

Meaning in my examples above, features made those possible like houses and attuned crafting stations, some which were post the dlc released.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 28, 2018 7:52PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER

@ak_pvp

To take your tune:

"access to long wanted features that affect the game as a whole, whilst paying for access to new content." It's more like "expecting these desired features to be developed and paid for on the developer's di@me for an entertainment service consumed by you"

Developers dime. Well, the dime from the players of the game, to pay for and improve the game.

You know what else isn't directly payed for, but expected. Combat and itemization balance. Which is what I consider these changes to be.

Jewelry crafting is an update to the base crafting system. Imagine if you had to pay for the latest DLC for your class to be updated. You want the new class balance buffs eh? Pay for summerset.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »

actually it is, it allows you to create rings and amulets for crafted gear which means you can run 2 crafted sets for the 5 piece bonuses.

you couldnt do that before.

also it allows you to upgrade from a crappy green found ring to legendary.

not sure how you think that is not p2w
    And being able to do so automatically makes you better than anyone else without jewelry crafting because...? That teeny, tiny difference between gold and purple isn't giving you some insta-win button in all situations.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

-Warden
    -Orsinium (VSMA)
    --etc

@AlnilamE
    No, you’re missing it.
    To get access the dlc is required, you’re trying to describe where someone who has access has unlocked access outside of the dlc which will apply here as well.

However no different than before, you can’t access a skill line or feature you have ot unlocked or paid for...period

Meaning in my examples above, features made those possible like houses and attuned crafting stations, some which were post the dlc released.

I am quite certain that people that do NOT own IC or Orsinium can craft sets at attunable crafting stations outside of those zones.
    The Moot Councillor