Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Note that the Summerset Chapter is required to use the new (Jewelry) Crafting Stations."

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm withholding judgement until we get more details on PTS, but if it's simply that you can only craft the items if you own Summerset and can sell them to anyone, whatever really. If you can only use them if you own Summerset, that's muddier but if you were dealing with it before you can deal with it now. Barely anybody calls IC pay to win because of access to Spell Power Cure, or Orsinium and CWC pay to win because of Maelstrom/Asylum weapons.

But again, until we get details on PTS, it's pointless to speculate.

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am wondering if jewelery crafting means also jewelery retraiting.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Source: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26347?Summerset-and-Update-18-Preview

Not stating my opinion, just letting people know. What do you think?

it's fine by me.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course all things are subject to change and to potential misunderstanding.

But Khajiit is sure that crafted jewellery can be traded yes. It would make no sense at all otherwise. Even less sense than making an entire craft skill dependant on having a passport for snooty elf island.

This one is sure someone will clear this up as it is quite important yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Edited by SantieClaws on March 28, 2018 7:51PM
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I am wondering if jewelery crafting means also jewelery retraiting.

It doesn't say one way or the other, but I'd expect that you could.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTS Mechanical Acuity jewelry. 1m per.

You know they're going to make jewelry BoP. They're not going to let you sell it like that, do you see what they did with transmuting? Zenimax does not want people to have even a single way to circumvent the Summerset paywall that isn't monstrously expensive like the transmute table for a home.

Except, all of that Morrowind/battlegrounds armor and motifs that are locked behind pay walls are all available in guild stores or from other players who have the expansion.

In fact, all the crafted gear that is locked behind DLCs is available for trade. Including well regarded (BIS) sets such as Julianos, Shacklebreaker, and Mechanical Acuity, among others. All of which are completely trade-able and not BoP. And transmutation can be done without owning the DLC. Join a guild and transmute at will, provided you have enough of the currency (which can all be earned outside of owning the DLC).
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Source: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26347?Summerset-and-Update-18-Preview

Not stating my opinion, just letting people know. What do you think?

Seems exactly the same as....
    -Warden
    -Imperial City crafting stations
    -Orsinium (VSMA)
    -Morrowind crafting stations
    -CLockwork City crafting stations
    --etc

It doesn't say to wear crafted items, it says to "craft/create"
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 28, 2018 6:38PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things like jewellery crafting should be added to the base game, or at least made it like the transmutation station.

Very sad to see. dislike. wont buy the expansion.

@DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER

The question is though: If it was added to the base game, would you have bought the expansion anyway? Since you haven't already, I'm assuming not.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You know they're going to make jewelry BoP. They're not going to let you sell it like that, do you see what they did with transmuting? Zenimax does not want people to have even a single way to circumvent the Summerset paywall that isn't monstrously expensive like the transmute table for a home.

Well he said it worked exactly like Blacksmithing so I wouldn't say that just yet.

@BoloBoffin

During the live stream the dev stated it works like Blacksmithing or any other primary TS. I think you are reading to much into advert blip. Your means the RIngs/Necks you own. You can't upgrade an item you don't own because well...that would be silly. I am going to go with the statement from his mouth. It works like blacksmithing. Anything you can do with BS <Which works like tailoring/Wood working btw>, you should be able to do with JC.
    Edited by karekiz on March 28, 2018 6:42PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, when you dont have enough content, you can always lock a base game system behind the chapter just to "force" people to buy it anyway.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Except, all of that Morrowind/battlegrounds armor and motifs that are locked behind pay walls are all available in guild stores or from other players who have the expansion.

In fact, all the crafted gear that is locked behind DLCs is available for trade. Including well regarded (BIS) sets such as Julianos, Shacklebreaker, and Mechanical Acuity, among others. All of which are completely trade-able and not BoP. And transmutation can be done without owning the DLC. Join a guild and transmute at will, provided you have enough of the currency (which can all be earned outside of owning the DLC).

How will non DLC owning players learn the traits to transmute?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good point.

@karekiz: I hear you. I would like it stated out loud one way or the other by the developers. though. I'm happy to be wrong.
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    Things like jewellery crafting should be added to the base game, or at least made it like the transmutation station.

@DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER

The question is though: If it was added to the base game, would you have bought the expansion anyway? Since you haven't already, I'm assuming not.
    I was going to before I saw this. The greed is too much.

• swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh well...
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should note: I have already bought the update and have given my fire-feets kitty mount to two of my 11 toons so far. I'm in. I'm just surprised that jewelry isn't base game.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Umm... ok
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The mention of transmutation in my response was in regards to transmutation being unavailable to those who do not own the DLC, which is false. We have zero confirmation or indication that jewelry will be transmutable, just craftable. And either way, those non-dlc owners could buy the DLC. You know, the same things those players have to do to get SPC, Asylum weapons, HoF armor sets, Maelstrom weapons, etc.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Developers are working hard to bring improvements in game. New features comes with a cost.

Stop complaining all the time and show some respect to developers by buying chapter
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on March 28, 2018 7:05PM
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The information in the release has me excited. I understand to an extent, they want there to be a reason to buy, and requiring Summerset for jewelry crafting is definitely a way. I am curious if they will cause the jewelry that can be crafted to be bound? This would be awful. By locking this behind Summerset this could be a giant boon for those that are capable of crafting jewelry sets. Julionos requires Wrothgar to craft but can be traded/sold/given to those that don't have the DLC. Even the transmutation station allows those without CWC to utilize presuming they have a guild mate or friend with the station. If jewelry is BoP that will bother me.

Lastly the daily log in rewards has me concerned, this is typically a result of low numbers and I hope the devs aren't seeing a serious decline in server population and this is their solution.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SecretJoy wrote: »
    There will definitely be an advantage now for players that own Summerset.

But here's the thing, that's the way expansions (or chapters in ESO) work in MMOs. People have been on here complaining that they have to pay extra for chapters when they are ESO+. Welp, this is what you're paying for guys!

Chapters should always come with exclusive content in my opinion. Otherwise, it doesn't justify only being able to purchase them outright rather than in the crown store.

Crafting isnt exclusive content. Its not a trial or dungeons or a zone or a new class. Its a base game system ffs. They have jewellery crafting stations everywhere but now you cant use them unless you have a freaking chapter?

Whats next? "Hey guys, next patch we are doing combat balance changes but you'll have to buy the entire game again"?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it's basically the same as Transmutation but without the option use a bench even if you get access to one outside the DLC.

Not sure, it feels odd considering everyone will have the skill line and notes right?
    Edited by Turelus on March 28, 2018 6:59PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of sad I feel is immeasurable.,
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER

Greed on which side though?
    The side that creates the content?
    Or the side that consumes the content?

Desiring a release model that only requires a one time payment with unlimited access to any and all future endeavors doesn't sound greedy?

The price point seems fair, and the only issue I can see against the content creators is that they don't offer any sort of discount for subscribed users.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on March 28, 2018 7:00PM
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scum.
    PS5 EU.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes me wish the game was sub only. At least then people wouldn't expect that just paying ten bucks for the base game and spending a few bucks now and then is more than enough and everything should be part of that ten dollar base game.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 5 ESO accounts in my household, if I have to buy 5 Summerset expansions I demand a bulk discount! :'(
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am cancelling my preorder. I may get another as we see the developments, but for now my interest fades.

Sad to see such a promising game turn to hypermonetization, even if its not directly P2W, players should be on even turf no matter what DLC they buy or not, convenience, sets, new interesting content like BGs, IC, Morrowind zone, trials etc are all fun and fair, and allow the game to prosper. Forcing buys is not.

You can see how the focus of the game changed, game improvements, bug fixes etc are all secondary to cosmetics, new zones etc. Old DLC is often just forgotten.

No one gets my stuff, I am poor. :*
    Edited by ak_pvp on March 28, 2018 7:10PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this is great, personally. [snip]

[Edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on March 28, 2018 7:20PM
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does changing the trait on existing jewelry requires both clockwork and summerset? Summerset to learn the traits and clockwork to transmute? Or is changing the trait of jewelry done at the jewelry station?
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ethyarion wrote: »
    A feature that is a major selling point of the expansion requiring the expansion to use?

Failing to see how that's either unexpected or P2W.

Because 90% of the people on this board don't understand basic economics. People are shocked and dismayed that a company would want to actually make money from their products.