The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Note that the Summerset Chapter is required to use the new (Jewelry) Crafting Stations."

ak_pvp
ak_pvp
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Source: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26347?Summerset-and-Update-18-Preview

Not stating my opinion, just letting people know. What do you think?
Edited by ak_pvp on March 28, 2018 5:54PM
MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
Best houseknight EU.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    P2W.

I'm very disappointed.
    I hope they change their minds about this.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • AjiBuster499
    AjiBuster499
    ✭✭✭
    *grabs popcorn* :p
    I was hoping for a CWC treatment. The station is in Summerset, but can get one (or more) for your house with writ vouchers
    tfw your sig gets wound back in time.
    Pterenophobia is the fear of being tickled by feathers.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno why you are surprised. Same thing happened in morrowind with BGs and warden,
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have nothing against it. I know, many here feel entitled to get everything for free.
    But I think it's good that they give people a good reason to buy Summerset.

I see it this way: Someone who plays every day and probably (hopefully) is an ESO+ member, won't have a problem buying at least the very cheap Summerset Upgrade. And someone, who for some reason I don't understand, isn't an ESO+ member, doesn't need golden yewelry anyway. And as for crafting yewelry, you can still have a crafter craft it for you and give it to you. The only thing you miss out, is upgrading your yewelry from purple to gold.
    Edited by Dracane on March 28, 2018 6:03PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTS Mechanical Acuity jewelry. 1m per.

XBox NA
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I’ll sell it for 998,000g per - buy from me instead :)
  • Ethyarion
    Ethyarion
    ✭✭✭
    A feature that is a major selling point of the expansion requiring the expansion to use?

Failing to see how that's either unexpected or P2W.
    [AD] Tariel Lithaldoren 1000+ cp Stamina Nightblade
    [AD] Ethyarion Lithaldoren 1000+ cp Templar Healtank
    [AD] Keridwen Drachenfels 1000+ cp Stamina DK Tank
    [AD] Kerridwen Drachenfels 1000+ cp Stamina DK
    [AD] Drachenfels Wyndrunner 1000+ cp Stamina Warden
    [AD] Drachenfels Shadowstrike 1000+ cp Stamina Sorceror
    [DC] Ethyarion 1000+cp Magika Nightblade
    [EP] Abbra Cadaver 1000+cp Magika Necromancer

PC EU Server
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things like jewellery crafting should be added to the base game, or at least made it like the transmutation station.

Very sad to see. dislike. wont buy the expansion.
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »

I’ll sell it for 998,000g per - buy from me instead :)

lol

XBox NA
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apologies, I think I may have missed this but:

Does the upcoming jewellery crafting mean that jewellery can now be improved in the same way as everything else?

Cheers :)
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ethyarion wrote: »
    A feature that is a major selling point of the expansion requiring the expansion to use?

Its definitely unexpected. Its like limiting transmutation to CWC, or poisons to DB.

P2W I don't know.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    P2W.

I'm very disappointed.
    I hope they change their minds about this.
    tenor.gif

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Does the upcoming jewellery crafting mean that jewellery can now be improved in the same way as everything else?

I do not know. From datamining, all we have seen are the new trait stones. But I would assume so.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed :) You can upgrade yewelry just like weapons and armor. The golden material will probably be extremely rare and expensive at the beginning though.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Expected although this goes beyond gating a class. Set jewelry is a BIG deal. Much bigger than Warden / not-Warden.
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, shows, "Throughout Tamriel, you can find new Jewelry Crafting Stations (including set stations) " So, who knows.
    Edited by Fleshreaper on March 28, 2018 6:37PM
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Ethyarion wrote: »

Its definitely unexpected. Its like limiting transmutation to CWC, or poisons to DB.

P2W I don't know.

Huh. When you put it this way I guess I can see your point. It all depends on the precedent they've set in the past.

In general, i don't have a problem with this, nor do I see it as P2W. It's more...."pay to do something new", which...is sort of the entire idea of an expansion, right? It's only pay to win if jewelcrafting ends up being extremely unbalanced, or if people who don't have the expansion are locked out of buying items with jewels.
    Edited by psychotrip on March 28, 2018 6:11PM
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I said in the other thread that was questioning Summerset's status as a Chapter, assuming Jewelry Crafting would be part of the free base game update was dangerous.

I have nothing against it, just like I have nothing against the Warden being locked behind Morrowind. Every game I've played that has them does this with expansions. :)
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will be able to buy and use crafted jewellery this one understands - just not craft it unless you have a passport for snooty elf island.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something so tied into an existing base game system should remain base game. This is disappointing.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You will be able to buy and use crafted jewellery this one understands - just not craft it unless you have a passport for snooty elf island.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

We allow you the privilege of participating in our alliance, let you come to our home and we get "snooty?" The nerve!
    Edited by Iselin on March 28, 2018 6:14PM
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know they're going to make jewelry BoP. They're not going to let you sell it like that, do you see what they did with transmuting? Zenimax does not want people to have even a single way to circumvent the Summerset paywall that isn't monstrously expensive like the transmute table for a home.
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on March 28, 2018 6:15PM
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because jewelry crafting (or those new traits) totally make or break the build whether you perform well in PvE or PvP...

/s
    Edited by Aebaradath on March 28, 2018 6:58PM
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem with it whatosever from where I sit.
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

We allow you the privilege of participating in our alliance, let you come to our home and we get "snooty?" The nerve!

The elves did not "let" anyone into Summerset. Ayrenn ordered the island to open its ports. :p
    Edited by Mic1007 on March 28, 2018 6:15PM
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

• mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Well...it's accurate, you know... :p
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Expected although this goes beyond gating a class. Set jewelry is a BIG deal. Much bigger than Warden / not-Warden.

Indeed.
    This is a new unnecessary paywall, even worse.
    Jewelry Crafting may become essential to be competitive in PVP and PVE.
    Players who didn't buy Summerset will have to buy the jewelry from other players for extremely high fees(assuming it will BoE and not BoP).
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    There will definitely be an advantage now for players that own Summerset.

But here's the thing, that's the way expansions (or chapters in ESO) work in MMOs. People have been on here complaining that they have to pay extra for chapters when they are ESO+. Welp, this is what you're paying for guys!

Chapters should always come with exclusive content in my opinion. Otherwise, it doesn't justify only being able to purchase them outright rather than in the crown store.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where does anyone see confirmation that crafted jewelry can be sold to other players? The official preview only says that you can craft and improve "your own" jewelry:
    If you enjoy crafting your own gear, ESO: Summerset allows you to learn and master an all-new Jewelry Crafting Skill Line. Jewelry Crafting works very similar to many of ESO's other crafting Skills Lines, and you'll be able to create, deconstruct, research, and improve rings and necklaces, allowing you to truly tailor all of your items....

...Keep an eye out on The Elder Scrolls Online official website for more information on the new Traits and prepare for the first time to be able to craft, upgrade, and customize your own rings and necklaces!

I'm not saying you can't - I'm saying I don't see it yet. Can someone confirm or deny with a link?
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still hire a crafter to craft the jewelry for you if you can't be bothered to buy the expansion.

Not quite sure I understand this outrage at a new feature being locked behind an expansion. What would the point of DLC and expansions be if they offer nothing for a player but new storylines? Why would anyone pay for an expansion at all if the important additions were base game additions.

Just buy the expansion. Or don't buy it and stop complaining. There is so much whining from every DLC/Expansion announcement from groups of players who probably payed 20 bucks for the game and expect to get everything handed to them for free afterwards.