The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

REMOVE SHIELD BREAKER !!!

• Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Invel wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Then they better remove shield stacking as well.

makes no sense. What will sorcs use if they remove shield stacking ? Shields are a sorc class skill you don't counter that by adding shieldbreaker and oblivion mechanics. You counter it by being a good player and actually practicing at playing the game. Shieldbreaker is a stupid mechanic.

You'd need to actually avoid damage, like these medium armor users, you know. "What!? I don't want to dodge!? I Don't want more than 5k stamina?! You noob!". Yeah, I don't want Magicka either, except for cloak. Thing with shieldstackers is, they tend to thread around in the open on their high hills - and spam their Magicka stuff on all the lowly people beneath them. Lazy ass sorcs need to kite, dodge, streak and keep mobile like anyone else - or put up with the like 1/300 players who really hate sorcs, and actually use Shieldbreaker. Why should sorcs have the privilege of being nearly impossible to harm?
    There are plenty of sorcs around, without 100% purple health bars 100% of the time you know, and some of them are still pretty good.
    Options
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe sorcs need to learn how to counter shield breaker, ie dont use damage shields when you face someone using shield breaker. Should we also do away with the sentry set because it makes it harder for NBs to sneak up on opponents, i think not

As a MDK who has limited range ability, fighting a sorc can be a nightmare because as soon as you get close they steak away, heal quick and start hitting you at range again. I accept that it is part of the game and a weakness of the MDK class.

While the shieldbreaker set is great against those using dam shields it is not so good against those that doesen't so is it really that great a set that it should be discontinued. I think that there is more balance in the game now than there has been for a while. If the days when sorcs seemed untouchable because of their dam shield, are gone then i think that is an improvement in the gameplay.

Options
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really? Complaining sorcs? Brilliant...
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
    Options
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Shield Breaker seems like its only good against anyone spamming shields. So unless you are fighting a lot of shield stackers, its a waste of tel var to buy.

I've tried the set and hate it. Maybe if I augment it with another 5 piece set then maybe just maybe it'll be worth holding on to.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
    Options
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shield breaker is easily healed. Get some healing and don't face-tank fight a werewolf. Dodge ranged light attacks. This is what I do (I play with hardened and healing ward only).
    @Deepan on PC-EU
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY the necro????
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    Another thread complaining about shieldbreaker and the same discussion again...

Long story short: they will never nerf it since player want an easy way to beat other players and the devs version of balance is quite often questionable. And no you can not out heal it and it is not really a bad set since all other bonuses are quite good and there are enough ppl needing to use a shield so you actually can always pick a target with a shield.

Everyone knows the sets is extremely overpowered especial against sorcs but not only:
    • It counters the class defense of sorcs
    • It counters the armour defense of light armour
    • It counters the big heal of restro staff

So that even stam nb understand how strong it is. Here an example how a set would look like that will counter stam nb the same way:

5. bonus:
    The enemy can no longer cloak(class defense) or dodge attacks(medium armor defensive) and as long you have viger or rally(heals of stam chars) up you take 2.5k oblivion damage per light attack

Some players just want easy kills it doesn't matter if they use cheat engine, cost increase poisons or this sets. Bad players just want to feel good.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen anyone use it for a while now.
    Anyways, since everybody hating on the poor ole sorcs on this thread and loving on the set are mentioning 'shieldstackers', perhaps change it so that its damage scales based on either the overall size of the shield or the number of shields..?

Less damage done vs, say a magblade with a single healing ward.. more damage done vs a sorc with a 3-shield stack.. same-ish on someone with 2 shields up... ?

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are still ppl with triplestacks, and they can keep doing that for a very long time unless someone uses cost increase poisons on them.

Remove shieldstacking as a possibility and make it so shieldbreaker deals that 2k dmg to the actual shield per light atk. This imo would solve the issue imo.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they remove shield stacking, they need to make the choice interresting between Harness magicka and hardened ward, not like they did with Crystal ... making the choice interresting by nerfing a morph is the worst idea they ever had ( the worst part is that crystal blast is still awful )

Actually both are interresting, but one is a class skill while the other come from armor skill line ... one is very good for sustain and when the opponent use magicka skill, the second cost 1K less magicka and is slightly more powerful. It's pretty difficult to choice. and this is pretty sad to see that the difference between a shield that you get simply by wearing 5 light, and the shield that you summon by using Daedric energy/power ... is difficult to notice.

In this case they should buff the strenght of Hardened Ward and make it so it also add Major Sorcellery, then make Surge become a Heal - not a flying s...potatoe like the twilight matriarch - . A little buff to this shield which don't make it as strengh as the current " Harness magicka + hardened ward stacking" as well as Better ressource management or better damage or true class heal, seems fair.

Or, if you really want to make the Mag Sorc look like a Mag NB, because this is what will happend if they remove shield stacking ( both using a shield, both escaping [Cloak // Streak ] ) make them balanced at least and remove the cost increase from Streak ...
    Edited by Apherius on January 17, 2018 7:38PM
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Then they better remove shield stacking as well.

My magica sorc will be very happy if shield staking is removed and a proper heal is added instead.

With sets like Fortified Brass out there shield staking is a burden!

And on top of that what OP said.
    Edited by Didgerion on January 17, 2018 7:48PM
    Options
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    Mmm werewolf with shieldbreaker, sorc salt for days.

I still use SB on my WW. So many times I've called a "skillless noob" for using that sexy set
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Haven't seen anyone use it for a while now.
    Anyways, since everybody hating on the poor ole sorcs on this thread and loving on the set are mentioning 'shieldstackers', perhaps change it so that its damage scales based on either the overall size of the shield or the number of shields..?

Less damage done vs, say a magblade with a single healing ward.. more damage done vs a sorc with a 3-shield stack.. same-ish on someone with 2 shields up... ?

I've encountered plenty just the past week actually. At least I haven't seen it being used by a competent player for a long while, except for WWs.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HOW ABOUT YOU PLAY AN ORIGINAL CLASS INSTEAD OF THE SHEILD STACKING META?

They already nerfed sheild breaker when they took it off the lighting staff- if your crying now, I would have loved to have destroyed you 6 months ago... heal, dodge roll, block... LOL, you can't handle one 2000 damage proc every few seconds?
    Options
  • mouton
    mouton
    ✭✭✭
    I still use SB on my WW. So many times I've called a "skillless noob" for using that sexy set

Just for this reason, I like to play with it ! :smile:

People complains because they cannot adapt. Well, Darwin was right i guess.
    Sheep by nature and by name - ToxicPlayers addon author - Once upon a time, Vindicte Guild's Sheep
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I also hate it when i try to heal on my magblade using Ward and die anyway because of Shieldbreaker.

But i don't blame the set or the people who use it. I blame shieldstacking sorcs who make people use that set.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey zos I have an idea! Since you like nerfing solo pvp to the ground and you have already nerfed sorc more than enough! How about taking shield breaker out of the game finally. It doesn't make sense for someone to spam light attacks on you and kill you when that is the only line of defense a sorcerer has. If you don't want to remove it at least give it a 5 or 8 second cooldown along with knightslayer as well. BALANCE! It makes no sense that players can completely stack knightslayer and shieldbreaker with oblivion enchants together.

@ZOS_Wrobel

Can't you streak away
    Options
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They already nerfed sheild breaker when they took it off the lighting staff- if your crying now, I would have loved to have destroyed you 6 months ago... heal, dodge roll, block... LOL, you can't handle one 2000 damage proc every few seconds?
    Spotted the shield breaker crutcher.

Spouting off on how dope you were back when SB proc'd on every lightning staff heavy atk tick isn't really the kinda thing to be proud of.
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

every few seconds...lol..

Try every 0.6 seconds.

And to answer the question - yes, if the guy is alone so I have time to both heal and shield and attack - but as soon as there is one more opponent - SB or not, the pressure on shields (which is usually bearable with the odd cd to escape/cc/counter thrown in) is unbearable with sb because of the cd's you have to use healing too. it forces something to give - either health or shields. If shields give, the other player has you dead in seconds.
    It is nothing but a zerg-enabler against a class that already struggles when outnumbered.

All it needs it a big arrow over the user's head so I can spot, target and drop him in 3 seconds. Cos all sb users are complete potatoes who don't know how to defend.

There.. I feel better now :-)
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

every few seconds...lol..

Try every 0.6 seconds.

And to answer the question - yes, if the guy is alone so I have time to both heal and shield and attack - but as soon as there is one more opponent - SB or not, the pressure on shields (which is usually bearable with the odd cd to escape/cc/counter thrown in) is unbearable with sb because of the cd's you have to use healing too. it forces something to give - either health or shields. If shields give, the other player has you dead in seconds.
    It is nothing but a zerg-enabler against a class that already struggles when outnumbered.

All it needs it a big arrow over the user's head so I can spot, target and drop him in 3 seconds. Cos all sb users are complete potatoes who don't know how to defend.

There.. I feel better now :-)

Then I could finally see who is using it on my side and leave them to die as well. :)
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree shield breaker is broken. it needs to be removed! yes its easy to counter in a 1 v 1 but its so broken when there are a few players on you and your trying to line of sight or escape from a zerg. To see 5 of the same skill in death recap is broken, this is why un-dodgable cliff racer was removed.
    PLEASE REMOVE SHIELD BREAKER!"
    Options
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    Okay make shieldbreaker have a cooldown like oblivion enchants do please!!! This is ridiculous, it doesn't counter shields it negates them completely. give it a 5 or 4 second cooldown. This is ridiculous!!!
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a cute set though.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
    Options
  • midgetfromtheshire
    midgetfromtheshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay make shieldbreaker have a cooldown like oblivion enchants do please!!! This is ridiculous, it doesn't counter shields it negates them completely. give it a 5 or 4 second cooldown. This is ridiculous!!!

Then we should make shields have a cost increase like streak. It's to also stop sorcs from shield stacking.
    Get rid of faction locks.
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I'm going to be Xv1d by anything I'd prefer it to be shield breaker, because at least those players tend to be easier kills than someone in a strong meta setup.

They're slotting shield breaker out of desperation and as a perk if you tab target them, you can see their rage behind LOS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiNP5Jz-pBI
    The Age of Wrobel.
    Options
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just started to use this set out sheer curiosity and....I'm really not seeing it being too spectacular. lol It's not like it takes down shield stackers in 3 or 4 simple light attacks.
    Options
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt need a nerf. That build is crazy specific to one build but lacks against others. I dont see to many of them running around, but they sure do make things interesting when a sorc stacks shields.
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just started to use this set out sheer curiosity and....I'm really not seeing it being too spectacular. lol It's not like it takes down shield stackers in 3 or 4 simple light attacks.

Players who use the set effectively weave skills in between the light attacks. It's impossible to outheal using a normal Sorc load out.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You’re right, It’s not three of four hits, but you also need some oblivion enchants as well so they both go through at the same time.
    Options
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

You’re right, It’s not three of four hits, but you also need some oblivion enchants as well so they both go through at the same time.

Hmmmmmmm! Wellll now, I may just get me some of those when I log in later. :)
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Hmmmmmmm! Wellll now, I may just get me some of those when I log in later. :)

The Sorc can counter it by just using power surge and either mutagen or the Resto staff ultimate as a heal instead of healing ward. You can’t out damage the total healing ticks with light attacks and an enchant before the Sorc just kills you.

The only time shieldbreaker is really nasty/upsetting is when the wielder is using a bow from the back of a Zerg where you can’t reach him. But if outnumbered that badly, the Sorc is probably going to eat dirt anyways.

I don’t get why so many Sorcs are butthurt about shieldbreaker. The set is bad. The traits are bad. The people using it are usually bad. The Sorcs they kill don’t know how to counter it.

If you want to kill Sorcs use cost poisons, equip Zaan, and spam gap closers.
    Edited by Minalan on March 7, 2018 12:36AM
    Options