The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

REMOVE SHIELD BREAKER !!!

• Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    Just started to use this set out sheer curiosity and....I'm really not seeing it being too spectacular. lol It's not like it takes down shield stackers in 3 or 4 simple light attacks.

You’re right, It’s not three of four hits, but you also need some oblivion enchants as well so they both go through at the same time.

Hmmmmmmm! Wellll now, I may just get me some of those when I log in later. :)

The Sorc can counter it by just using power surge and either mutagen or the Resto staff ultimate as a heal instead of healing ward. You can’t out damage the total healing ticks with light attacks and an enchant before the Sorc just kills you.

The only time shieldbreaker is really nasty/upsetting is when the wielder is using a bow from the back of a Zerg where you can’t reach him. But if outnumbered that badly, the Sorc is probably going to eat dirt anyways.

I don’t get why so many Sorcs are butthurt about shieldbreaker. The set is bad. The traits are bad. The people using it are usually bad. The Sorcs they kill don’t know how to counter it.

If you want to kill Sorcs use cost poisons, equip Zaan, and spam gap closers.

Honestly, sorcs aren't what me annoy the most. Templars are the ones that get under my craw more than any other class. Edited for typo.
    Edited by Thunderknuckles on March 7, 2018 1:05AM
  • Jospin Preda
    Jospin Preda
    ✭✭✭
    shield breaker have no sense, made for noobs players crying about shield, lets noobs learn to play and remove this sh*t
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    shield breaker have no sense, made for noobs players crying about shield, lets noobs learn to play and remove this sh*t

Lol remove haunting curse and rune cage first then
  • Jospin Preda
    Jospin Preda
    ✭✭✭

"remove shields" "remove curse" remove rune cage"... lol learn to play maybe ? a set making a +2k oblivion damages proc on EACH LA have no sense, when sorc have shield he takes +2k, when he have no shield he take the LA... ridiculous, so make a automatic set proc on nb's cloak, on dk's scales etc... no sense
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"remove shields" "remove curse" remove rune cage"... lol learn to play maybe ?

*looks at the thread title*

:D

• Jospin Preda
    Jospin Preda
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

"remove shields" "remove curse" remove rune cage"... lol learn to play maybe ?

*looks at the thread title*

:D

how can you compare class abilities with a set... a set just made to easy kill 1 class... many way to kill sorc even with 3 shield stacking so yes please learn to play stop crying on sorc or lets make the same kind of set for all classes abilities
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"remove shields" "remove curse" remove rune cage"... lol learn to play maybe ? a set making a +2k oblivion damages proc on EACH LA have no sense, when sorc have shield he takes +2k, when he have no shield he take the LA... ridiculous, so make a automatic set proc on nb's cloak, on dk's scales etc... no sense

Lol sorc is probably top of the food chain and still they want more, this is just a l2p issue if you letting some spam this on you then you just a scrub as well
  • Jospin Preda
    Jospin Preda
    ✭✭✭

Lol sorc is probably top of the food chain and still they want more, this is just a l2p issue if you letting some spam this on you then you just a scrub as well

want more ? we dont speak about balancing here but about a every LA proc set with oblivions damages... so because you think sorc are top its balanced to have this kind of set ? LOL
    no top of the food chain class but top players, all classes have skills other dont have, if you know how to burst and cc ennemies you dont need to play this kind of sh*t... made for noob crying on sorcs since the beginning, and sorc is nerf since the begining... so please explain to me how should i play to counter this ? 20k stam on magsorc to dodge ? healing pet on each bar to heal ? lol its juste ridiculous
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With all the outcry about sloads, I would think more people would now see how nasty SB is...
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    necromancing is thick.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    For fun I ran shield breaker and torugs pact with an infused bow w/ oblivion enchant. Maybe it's the sloads era but I didn't find many shield stackers who didn't just heal through it.
  • Jospin Preda
    Jospin Preda
    ✭✭✭
    templar, dk , warden got good heal, no need shield, nb got shield and hide, sorc got shields... i dont see where is the problem with this...
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    templar, dk , warden got good heal, no need shield, nb got shield and hide, sorc got shields... i dont see where is the problem with this...

And there we have it , if you had said shield wouldn't be a issue but no you said shields
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And there we have it , if you had said shield wouldn't be a issue but no you said shields

Class defenses:

Templar: Heal/Purge/Block
    DK: Heal/Block
    Warden: Shield/Heal/Block
    NB: Invisibility/Shield/Heal
    Sorc: Shield/Shield/Block

Do you want to nerf all secondary defenses? The second shield on a Sorc replaces the Heal other classes can utilize. Yes, you can run Matriarch or Resto staff heals. None of those are as reliable as the heals other classes can utilize though.

In reality you just want to reduce Sorcs to one layer of defense for an easier kill.
    Edited by Feanor on June 25, 2018 8:17AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leave shieldbreaker, bring a stamina friend to destroy the fool using a terrible set to fight stamina with.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Class defenses:

Do you want to nerf all secondary defenses? The second shield on a Sorc replaces the Heal other classes can utilize. Yes, you can run Matriarch or Resto staff heals. None of those are as reliable as the heals other classes can utilize though.

In reality you just want to reduce Sorcs to one layer of defense for an easier kill.

Must be new you forgot the 3 shield

Must be less than 1% of player base that even use's that set and probably less than 1% moaning about it so don't see that it really needs removing, if it was an epidemic then I would understand but it's not
    Edited by White wabbit on June 25, 2018 9:23AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Class defenses:

Must be new you forgot the 3 shield

Must be less than 1% of player base that even use's that set and probably less than 1% moaning about it so don't see that it really needs removing, if it was an epidemic then I would understand but it's not

Its a lot more common now with all the renewed sorc-hate on the forums.. I also notice a difference based on time of day. Early morning/lunchtime seems to bring out all the SB users.. prime-time isn't so bad.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    barshemm wrote: »
    For fun I ran shield breaker and torugs pact with an infused bow w/ oblivion enchant. Maybe it's the sloads era but I didn't find many shield stackers who didn't just heal through it.

Sounds like a L2SB issue.. The only way to heal through that is either with pets(matriarch) or resto ult.

Resto ult heal lasts around 6 seconds - in that time, the sorc has to either of killed the attackers (lol - gets time for 1 burst to try it) - or escaped.

Pets are easily killed (you are targeting the matriarch, right? See if you do that first, the sorc doesn't get the audio queues of being hit by SB - and so has no idea that his pet is getting taken down until its too late.. then he can't heal himself when you switch focus..

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems to me that if there is an increase on people running shield breaker it's because there is an increase in people running sorc's , now I would imply that increase could be because run what is op at the time, so I guess people running shield breaker are only reacting to that issue
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me that if there is an increase on people running shield breaker it's because there is an increase in people running sorc's , now I would imply that increase could be because run what is op at the time, so I guess people running shield breaker are only reacting to that issue

Exactly.. there are quite a few players who always switch to whatever is currently viewed as OP, and others who switch to counter what is currently viewed as OP.. The more the first happens, the more the 2nd also happens.
    Me? I hardly play sorc anymore. I guess I'm one of the few who goes against the flow.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally don’t think SB needs to be changed, the way I see it is this – Outside of being used against damage shields, SB is actually a weak set. To me the answer seems simple don’t use shield stacking against a player using this set. Use stuns and the normal sorc combos against a player who will then be left using a weak set against you. I have been destroyed many times by sorc combos so anyone claiming that sorcs have nothing else apart from shield stacking is talking crap in my opinion. As for struggling against multiple opponents because of SB, most players regardless of class struggle to beat multiple opponents.

I have been playing this game since launch and what I will say about Sorcs is this, against really good sorcs I struggle, but find the rest quite easy to kill. I don’t think sorcs are an easy class to master or play but those who do master it are hard as hell to beat and deal combos that can wipe you out in a few seconds.

When I played as a MDK tank this was not a problem but I now choose to play with light armor which means unless I can pop an immovable potion before engaging one of these top sorcs I am going to struggle past the stun that always comes before these deadly combos arrive a split second later. I am ok with that, I choose not to go back to playing a tank and am just going to work on my new playstyle and try to be a better player.
    Edited by Waylander07 on June 25, 2018 10:52AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally don’t think SB needs to be changed, the way I see it is this – Outside of being used against damage shields, SB is actually a weak set. To me the answer seems simple don’t use shield stacking against a player using this set. Use stuns and the normal sorc combos against a player who will then be left using a weak set against you. I have been destroyed many times by sorc combos so anyone claiming that sorcs have nothing else apart from shield stacking is talking crap in my opinion. As for struggling against multiple opponents because of SB, most players regardless of class struggle to beat multiple opponents.

I have been playing this game since launch and what I will say about Sorcs is this, against really good sorcs I struggle, but find the rest quite easy to kill. I don’t think sorcs are an easy class to master or play but those who do master it are hard as hell to beat and deal combos that can wipe you out in a few seconds.

When I played as a MDK tank this was not a problem but I now choose to play with light armor which means unless I can pop an immovable potion before engaging one of these top sorcs I am going to struggle past the stun that always comes before these deadly combos arrive a split second later. I am ok with that, I choose not to go back to playing a tank and am just going to work on my new playstyle and try to be a better player.

I'll tell you why it needs to be changed.. People see the sorc coming and use stuff like DressingRoom switch gear before the fight starts. So they're only using SB vs sorcs, vs others they use other sets.
    This is especially true of those who can stealth..

I've even been in fights where neither could kill each other, the guy stealth's away then comes back 30 seconds later with shieldbreaker on.

And no, not shielding is not an option for any number of reasons..

1. It can take 6 seconds for your shield to wear off when you decide to do this. SB can have you dead (or as near as)by then.
    2. Sorcs are not built to survive without shields. How do they defend the usual snipes, poison-injections/gapcloser/incap combo's if they cannot shield.. with 20k health, light armour and a weak hot?
    3. Using SB, over, say hundings means losing 300 weapon-damage.. That's maybe a 3-5% damage loss? Do you really think that gives you so much of a disadvantage that you lose vs anyone not using a shield? Compared to the auto-win you get vs those who have to rely on shields as both their primary and secondary defence? Do you think this suddenly means that a no-shielding sorc has a chance of defending it?

Edited by Biro123 on June 25, 2018 11:24AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you wont kill a half decent player 1v1, shieldbreaker is only effective if you have bigger numbers than the opponent and spambushers and stampedetards on top of that.

Pure Xv1 set, hard countering light armor mechanics, w/e wont get changed soon anyways just get over it or abandon pvp.
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »

you wont kill a half decent player 1v1, shieldbreaker is only effective if you have bigger numbers than the opponent and spambushers and stampedetards on top of that.

Pure Xv1 set, hard countering light armor mechanics, w/e wont get changed soon anyways just get over it or abandon pvp.

It's my pew pew build that I run when I want to take a break from my main. Have generally accepted that the nightblade isn't for me so I just use it for toy builds like that.
  • Jospin Preda
    Jospin Preda
    ✭✭✭

what an argument, ppl dont know do burst, dont want to learn and work combos, so they run this kind of set ?
    i dont speak about 1v1, but when you try to defend a keep from a zerg and 2 or 3 differents players are using it
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

I'll tell you why it needs to be changed.. People see the sorc coming and use stuff like DressingRoom switch gear before the fight starts. So they're only using SB vs sorcs, vs others they use other sets.
    This is especially true of those who can stealth..

I've even been in fights where neither could kill each other, the guy stealth's away then comes back 30 seconds later with shieldbreaker on.

And no, not shielding is not an option for any number of reasons..

1. It can take 6 seconds for your shield to wear off when you decide to do this. SB can have you dead (or as near as)by then.
    2. Sorcs are not built to survive without shields. How do they defend the usual snipes, poison-injections/gapcloser/incap combo's if they cannot shield.. with 20k health, light armour and a weak hot?
    3. Using SB, over, say hundings means losing 300 weapon-damage.. That's maybe a 3-5% damage loss? Do you really think that gives you so much of a disadvantage that you lose vs anyone not using a shield? Compared to the auto-win you get vs those who have to rely on shields as both their primary and secondary defence? Do you think this suddenly means that a no-shielding sorc has a chance of defending it?

One person using shield breaker should not be a problem to a good player as I have stated sorcs have devastating attack combos and the best escape in the game. SB is now part of the game so either learn how to counter or stop playing. I am tired of hearing how defenseless sorcs are without a dam shield and how they don’t want to give up dam for more resistance. We all have to give up damage to gain resistance so get over it.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SB is now part of the game so either learn how to counter or stop playing. I am tired of hearing how defenseless sorcs are without a dam shield and how they don’t want to give up dam for more resistance. We all have to give up damage to gain resistance so get over it.

And I’m tired of some people still thinking that the answer to every balance issue is always „just run a tank setup“ or „join the zerg“.

Feel free to share the numbers on the „devastating“ attack combos once you run tank sets or the time it takes to be out of magicka if you use the „best escape“ in game more than once without a build that stacks magicka or Regen.
    Edited by Feanor on June 26, 2018 4:16PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭
    SB is now part of the game so either learn how to counter or stop playing. I am tired of hearing how defenseless sorcs are without a dam shield and how they don’t want to give up dam for more resistance. We all have to give up damage to gain resistance so get over it.

And I’m tired of some people still thinking that the answer to every balance issue is always „just run a tank setup“ or „join the zerg“.

Feel free to share the numbers on the „devastating“ attack combos once you run tank sets or the time it takes to be out of magicka if you use the „best escape“ in game more than once without a build that stacks magicka or Regen.

Ask Derra to teach you how to play as a sorc as she has destroyed me many times with combos, as for you cant use the sorc escape more than once then i would suggest that you are doing it wrong and you should examine your build as it doesent seem to be a problem for most sorcs.
    For the record i run a light armour build for max dam hence why sorcs can wipe me out so fast (yea i mean you Derra lol) but i except that is part of the drawbacks of wearing light armour, i dont expect everything that can kill me to be banned or nerfed.
    Edited by Waylander07 on June 26, 2018 5:11PM
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took 17K damage from an Overload light attack to the back while trying to take a resource. I have 27K health and 3100 crit resistance on this character, and you are whining about shieldbreaker? Avoiding light attacks from stam builds is level 1 git gud material. Bow usually misses, and landing light attacks in melee range is not really reliable for any player who can competently move.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I took 17K damage from an Overload light attack to the back while trying to take a resource. I have 27K health and 3100 crit resistance on this character, and you are whining about shieldbreaker? Avoiding light attacks from stam builds is level 1 git gud material. Bow usually misses, and landing light attacks in melee range is not really reliable for any player who can competently move.

You cannot avoid a ranged light attack that comes every 0.6 seconds unless playing a roly-poly stam build with cloak to let you reset the dodge cost every now and then.

Jeez, and these people are telling us to L2P..

Look at the forums. Do you see all that sloads outcry? Multiply the damage by 4 and you have the shieldbreaker damage. But noo,. Shieldbreaker is fine because it doesn't affect you.....

Maybe you should take your own advice and avoid all those overload light attacks? (Btw, I do agree that overload should not benefit from empower, doesn't mean that SB is fine though)
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC