The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

REMOVE SHIELD BREAKER !!!

• Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    enzoisadog wrote: »
    Lord_Invel wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Then they better remove shield stacking as well.

Shields are a sorc class skill you don't counter that by adding shieldbreaker and oblivion mechanics. You counter it by being a good player and actually practicing at playing the game.

The only reason why I run Shieldbreaker sometimes is because there are always sorcs trying to Xv1 me.
    Its the same thing as mark, flare and detect pots countering cloak.

bro you can actually beat mag sorcs in 1v1 senarios cause you are an experienced player and kick ass nightblade. Others just cry saying mag sorc is op. However, when I interrogate the person whos constantly crying about the sorc class it comes to light that they don't know much about any class at all let alone the sorc class. So why should we take their words seriously at all if they keep [snip] and crying. Even when I ask them to show me how op mag sorc is in a duel sorc vs sorc they only last like 5 seconds against me cause they spew rhetorical garbage and repeat the mantra that sorcs are just an op class rather than face actual facts that they aren't good at the game yet and still need much to learn.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 28, 2017 6:31PM
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shields are a sorc class skill you don't counter that by adding shieldbreaker and oblivion mechanics. You counter it by being a good player and actually practicing at playing the game.

The only reason why I run Shieldbreaker sometimes is because there are always sorcs trying to Xv1 me.

bro you can actually beat mag sorcs in 1v1 senarios cause you are an experienced player and kick ass nightblade. Others just cry saying mag sorc is op. However, when I interrogate the person whos constantly crying about the sorc class it comes to light that they don't know much about any class at all let alone the sorc class. So why should we take their words seriously at all if they keep [snip] and crying. Even when I ask them to show me how op mag sorc is in a duel sorc vs sorc they only last like 5 seconds against me cause they spew rhetorical garbage and repeat the mantra that sorcs are just an op class rather than face actual facts that they aren't good at the game yet and still need much to learn.

Have to agree. If you actually PVP (and not only whine about it) you know that the "kill enemy sorcerers"-killquest is one of the fastest to accomplish. And not because there are so many sorcs around (actually its the DKs that exist in abundance). How does that fact fit in with "no-brainer to play" and "totally OP", as so many wannabe experts claim?

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 28, 2017 6:31PM
  • Garwulf
    Garwulf
    ✭✭✭
    You can have shield breaker removed when I can have back the following;
    1) Chain fools of walls.
    2) Dragon leap better than I can shield charge. i.e. return to original mechanism
    3) Ash cloud returned too original mechanism.

Not happening? Then no you cannot have shield breaker removed .
    Edited by Garwulf on October 28, 2017 12:15PM
  • Johnfred24
    Johnfred24
    ✭✭✭
    Garwulf wrote: »
    You can have shield breaker removed when I can have back the following;
    1) Chain fools of walls.
    2) Dragon leap better than I can shield charge. i.e. return to original mechanism
    3) Ash cloud returned too original mechanism.

Not happening? Then no you cannot have shield breaker removed .

Such a stupid argument... "I'm salty about this and that and that's why you can't have what you want"

Either you agree that shield breaker should be removed or not. And if all those changes are relevant to how you form your opinion at least tell us how they are relevant.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ESO provides us with armor sets for counterplay. Those types of sets are niche and the player choosing to use the set is potentially losing out on a better 5-piece bonus.

Counterplay is important. Regarding this topic, "Remove Shield Breaker !!!" (All caps), ...... well, the set is counterplay and it needs to exist in the game. Some people are going to use it.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

it is and it isn't..

Magblade has access to cloak and shields and decent background heals. Mark only removes one of those defences.

Sorc gets shields, shields and poor background heals.. SB removes 2 and overpowers the third.

Some ppl rely on cloak cause they run low recovery or for example a ganker that has no defense besides cloak

Oh, I know that(playing one now), but the point I was making is that magblade doesn't have to build that way to be viable.
    Sorc doesn't have a choice.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    ESO provides us with armor sets for counterplay. Those types of sets are niche and the player choosing to use the set is potentially losing out on a better 5-piece bonus.

Counterplay is important. Regarding this topic, "Remove Shield Breaker !!!" (All caps), ...... well, the set is counterplay and it needs to exist in the game. Some people are going to use it.

There is a difference between counterplay and a hard counter though.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Urza1234
    Urza1234
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    On topic, Shieldbreaker is outrageously annoying because there's no way to counter its effects once your shields are up and they start firing. If anything (and to make it better fit the "breaker" part of its name) it should make light and heavy attacks deal considerable damage to the wards themselves instead of applying directly to health.

Probably would be an acceptable change, its kind of awkward watching someone die with 10k shields still on them.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They already did, with Morrowind cost increases. No one triple stacks now.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And OP I'm fine with this set. If scrubs think they need a set to take on a Sorc then let them, they are losing out against all the non warded players. Their loss.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    And OP I'm fine with this set. If scrubs think they need a set to take on a Sorc then let them, they are losing out against all the non warded players. Their loss.

Your options are:
    Stay in sneak and only attack warded players.
    Equip the set only with a hotkey when you´re going to fight warded players (for PC).
    Run in a zerg where a theoretical disadvantage is diminished by numerical advantage (also when fighting enemy zergs there are always warded players to attack).

I´m not buying the hypothetical disadvantage against nonwarded players - because it´s too easy to circumvent entirely
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thread complaining about shieldbreaker and the same discussion again...

Long story short: they will never nerf it since player want an easy way to beat other players and the devs version of balance is quite often questionable. And no you can not out heal it and it is not really a bad set since all other bonuses are quite good and there are enough ppl needing to use a shield so you actually can always pick a target with a shield.

Everyone knows the sets is extremely overpowered especial against sorcs but not only:
    • It counters the class defense of sorcs
    • It counters the armour defense of light armour
    • It counters the big heal of restro staff

So that even stam nb understand how strong it is. Here an example how a set would look like that will counter stam nb the same way:

5. bonus:
    The enemy can no longer cloak(class defense) or dodge attacks(medium armor defensive) and as long you have viger or rally(heals of stam chars) up you take 2.5k oblivion damage per light attack

Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Ethos
    Ethos
    ✭✭✭
    PC eu, i already see some Sorc running this SB set .. worst and worst.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ethos wrote: »
    PC eu, i already see some Sorc running this SB set .. worst and worst.

If you mean the sorc tank on ep. Just kill him and tbag him and enjoy the flood of hate whispers you get :D
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS, pls remove magelight, expert hunter and detect pots. They can deal aoe dmg to reveal already so why so many skills to see invis.

After fixing that you can do something about this templar purge, they remove all my dots. And that make me cry ZOS!
    Guys, mag sorcs are at everwhere and there is a 1 solid set to counter shield mechanic. Sets like shieldbreaker are needed. If there was a anti block set/ability in this game, we would not dealing with perma block tanks in PvP 7/24 but we would deal with them in forums because they would cry all day.
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off topic but can jewellery be purchased in blue, and purple and not just gold?
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at the end of the day. shield breaker is an Xv1 set. i have no problem with it being removed.
    Invictus
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could be wrong here but isn't the other morph of streak, the ball lightning suppose to intercept projectiles? Seems to me that if shield breaker is an issue and you notice you are being attacked by someone using it than escape is the most logical option and in order to further that escape wouldn't it make more sense to use that morph over streak. I'm just thinking here.

Ball of Lightning

(Morph)
    Transform yourself into pure energy and flash forward, dealing [x] Shock Damage stunning enemies near origin location for 2 seconds. Also absorbs any spell projectiles directed at you for 1.8 seconds.
    Casting again within 4 seconds cost 50% more Magicka.
    Absorbs projectiles.

Guess i was off on the type of absorption only works on spell projectiles.
    Edited by Anazasi on December 5, 2017 10:55AM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »

Long story short: they will never nerf it since player want an easy way to beat other players and the devs version of balance is quite often questionable. And no you can not out heal it and it is not really a bad set since all other bonuses are quite good and there are enough ppl needing to use a shield so you actually can always pick a target with a shield.

Everyone knows the sets is extremely overpowered especial against sorcs but not only:

So that even stam nb understand how strong it is. Here an example how a set would look like that will counter stam nb the same way:

5. bonus:
    The enemy can no longer cloak(class defense) or dodge attacks(medium armor defensive) and as long you have viger or rally(heals of stam chars) up you take 2.5k oblivion damage per light attack

This. It should give a % increase to dmg done against shields. Punishes shield stacking, doesn't effect small shields a lot. Doesn't hardcounter defensive skills + mitigation + heals.
    Anazasi wrote: »
    I could be wrong here but isn't the other morph of streak, the ball lightning suppose to intercept projectiles? Seems to me that if shield breaker is an issue and you notice you are being attacked by someone using it than escape is the most logical option and in order to further that escape wouldn't it make more sense to use that morph over streak. I'm just thinking here.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Storm+Calling+Skills.

Read and learn.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    And remove Kyne
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Remove all skills and armors sets so we only have to light and heavy attack naked players.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

5. bonus:

This. It should give a % increase to dmg done against shields. Punishes shield stacking, doesn't effect small shields a lot. Doesn't hardcounter defensive skills + mitigation + heals.

Read and learn.

Page not found!

Learn to correctly copy URL's

I've not seen a magic sorc EMP in a long time but when you run across the next one you will wish and pray for this set to be present in game and being used by several players. If not well good luck you will be farmed.
    Edited by Anazasi on December 5, 2017 10:58AM
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's makes 1vX very difficult in an already difficult environment. It's a garbage set for garbage players. You get your biggest bang for your buck with healing ward at a point that is also dangerous against shield breaker...yes there are counters but with all the staples required no one in their right mind is going to build for shield breaker.
    Right now my crutch defense is fighting cheese with cheese (lights champion). If LC isn't up, it's usually GG.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well we all have our opinions. When will the desire to nerf the CP on this as well begin?
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5. bonus:

Read and learn.

Page not found!

I've not seen a magic sorc EMP in a long time but when you run across the next one you will wish and pray for this set to be present in game and being used by several players. If not well good luck you will be farmed.

I was recently a sorc emp a few times in Vivec, and I did in fact get zerged down by a pack of shieldbreaker werewolves.

Emp buffs were pretty sweet, without really going out of my way to stack magicka, I was just shy of 70k, and had a 32k Hardened+Harness stack, cfrag hit softer players upwards of 18k. However at the end of the day, the only AoE I really had to work with was destro and proxy... which is effective as emp for sure.

But I would hardly consider magsorc emp OP when compared to a warden emp. Shalk+DB every 10 seconds... or permatrees+50% healing taken... powerful sleet storms constantly. Just no.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »

5. bonus:

Read and learn.

Page not found!

I was recently a sorc emp a few times in Vivec, and I did in fact get zerged down by a pack of shieldbreaker werewolves.

Emp buffs were pretty sweet, without really going out of my way to stack magicka, I was just shy of 70k, and had a 32k Hardened+Harness stack, cfrag hit softer players upwards of 18k. However at the end of the day, the only AoE I really had to work with was destro and proxy... which is effective as emp for sure.

But I would hardly consider magsorc emp OP when compared to a warden emp. Shalk+DB every 10 seconds... or permatrees+50% healing taken... powerful sleet storms constantly. Just no.

I remember meth as emp before warden just after IC came out. It was a very very tough class to kill and with the skill level of meth which made it even harder. If it weren't for shield breaker it would have taken a full 24 man to kill him. I think a lot of players forget that all those sets from last year have not been re balanced since introduction. Yeah maybe some adjustments are needed but ZOS isn't going to do anything with old content that works as intended. At best that set is a 1vx set and if a few snipes want to run it no one is going to concern themselves with it.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »

5. bonus:

Read and learn.

Page not found!

I remember meth as emp before warden just after IC came out. It was a very very tough class to kill and with the skill level of meth which made it even harder. If it weren't for shield breaker it would have taken a full 24 man to kill him. I think a lot of players forget that all those sets from last year have not been re balanced since introduction. Yeah maybe some adjustments are needed but ZOS isn't going to do anything with old content that works as intended. At best that set is a 1vx set and if a few snipes want to run it no one is going to concern themselves with it.

My understanding of that time was the recent introduction of uncapped CP, and Meth had over 1000 CP at the time as well as a good guild group to help him while most people had < 300 CP. A bunch of sorc skills and shields have been reworked as well since that time.

Maybe I misunderstood the situation, but if not then it's not a good parallel.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

5. bonus:

Read and learn.

Page not found!

So from haveing no clue how important abilities work you went on to suggest we consider Sorc emps for balance when discussing Shieldbreaker? Because you couldn't beat them otherwise? :joy:

Regardless, the last magSorc emp I came across, I 1vX'd. So much for that.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a need to change the Shield Breaker set.
    I don't think that removing this set entirely will be good, it is a bit of overkill solution.

The current function of Shield Breaker:
    "(5 items) When you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack against a Player with a damage shield, you deal an additional 2150 Oblivion Damage to them."

My suggestion is that it should be the following instead:
    (5 items) When you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack against a Player with a damage shield, you deal an additional 2150 Oblivion Damage to them, 3 seconds cooldown.

This set is good against shield stacking sorcerers but it needs some adjusting so it won't be OP.
    Currently this set is overperforming.
    Can you please consider adding a cooldown(between 2-4 seconds) to this set @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince