The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

REMOVE SHIELD BREAKER !!!

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I personally don’t think SB needs to be changed, the way I see it is this – Outside of being used against damage shields, SB is actually a weak set. To me the answer seems simple don’t use shield stacking against a player using this set. Use stuns and the normal sorc combos against a player who will then be left using a weak set against you. I have been destroyed many times by sorc combos so anyone claiming that sorcs have nothing else apart from shield stacking is talking crap in my opinion. As for struggling against multiple opponents because of SB, most players regardless of class struggle to beat multiple opponents.

I have been playing this game since launch and what I will say about Sorcs is this, against really good sorcs I struggle, but find the rest quite easy to kill. I don’t think sorcs are an easy class to master or play but those who do master it are hard as hell to beat and deal combos that can wipe you out in a few seconds.

When I played as a MDK tank this was not a problem but I now choose to play with light armor which means unless I can pop an immovable potion before engaging one of these top sorcs I am going to struggle past the stun that always comes before these deadly combos arrive a split second later. I am ok with that, I choose not to go back to playing a tank and am just going to work on my new playstyle and try to be a better player.

I'll tell you why it needs to be changed.. People see the sorc coming and use stuff like DressingRoom switch gear before the fight starts. So they're only using SB vs sorcs, vs others they use other sets.
    This is especially true of those who can stealth..

I've even been in fights where neither could kill each other, the guy stealth's away then comes back 30 seconds later with shieldbreaker on.

And no, not shielding is not an option for any number of reasons..

1. It can take 6 seconds for your shield to wear off when you decide to do this. SB can have you dead (or as near as)by then.
    2. Sorcs are not built to survive without shields. How do they defend the usual snipes, poison-injections/gapcloser/incap combo's if they cannot shield.. with 20k health, light armour and a weak hot?
    3. Using SB, over, say hundings means losing 300 weapon-damage.. That's maybe a 3-5% damage loss? Do you really think that gives you so much of a disadvantage that you lose vs anyone not using a shield? Compared to the auto-win you get vs those who have to rely on shields as both their primary and secondary defence? Do you think this suddenly means that a no-shielding sorc has a chance of defending it?

One person using shield breaker should not be a problem to a good player as I have stated sorcs have devastating attack combos and the best escape in the game. SB is now part of the game so either learn how to counter or stop playing. I am tired of hearing how defenseless sorcs are without a dam shield and how they don’t want to give up dam for more resistance. We all have to give up damage to gain resistance so get over it.

So funny. Shieldbreaker is only not a problem if the sorc' massively outclassed the other player...

Your response to X set is overpowered is "Be twice the player as the X-user) ?

Do you not get that is the very definition of unbalanced?

Yeah, I can counter it Vs a complete scrub, but why the hell should that one set make a complete scrub suddenly VERY dangerous to a competent player.
    Edited by Biro123 on June 26, 2018 6:56PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally don’t think SB needs to be changed, the way I see it is this – Outside of being used against damage shields, SB is actually a weak set. To me the answer seems simple don’t use shield stacking against a player using this set. Use stuns and the normal sorc combos against a player who will then be left using a weak set against you. I have been destroyed many times by sorc combos so anyone claiming that sorcs have nothing else apart from shield stacking is talking crap in my opinion. As for struggling against multiple opponents because of SB, most players regardless of class struggle to beat multiple opponents.

I have been playing this game since launch and what I will say about Sorcs is this, against really good sorcs I struggle, but find the rest quite easy to kill. I don’t think sorcs are an easy class to master or play but those who do master it are hard as hell to beat and deal combos that can wipe you out in a few seconds.

When I played as a MDK tank this was not a problem but I now choose to play with light armor which means unless I can pop an immovable potion before engaging one of these top sorcs I am going to struggle past the stun that always comes before these deadly combos arrive a split second later. I am ok with that, I choose not to go back to playing a tank and am just going to work on my new playstyle and try to be a better player.

I'll tell you why it needs to be changed.. People see the sorc coming and use stuff like DressingRoom switch gear before the fight starts. So they're only using SB vs sorcs, vs others they use other sets.

I've even been in fights where neither could kill each other, the guy stealth's away then comes back 30 seconds later with shieldbreaker on.

1. It can take 6 seconds for your shield to wear off when you decide to do this. SB can have you dead (or as near as)by then.
    2. Sorcs are not built to survive without shields. How do they defend the usual snipes, poison-injections/gapcloser/incap combo's if they cannot shield.. with 20k health, light armour and a weak hot?
    3. Using SB, over, say hundings means losing 300 weapon-damage.. That's maybe a 3-5% damage loss? Do you really think that gives you so much of a disadvantage that you lose vs anyone not using a shield? Compared to the auto-win you get vs those who have to rely on shields as both their primary and secondary defence? Do you think this suddenly means that a no-shielding sorc has a chance of defending it?

One person using shield breaker should not be a problem to a good player as I have stated sorcs have devastating attack combos and the best escape in the game. SB is now part of the game so either learn how to counter or stop playing. I am tired of hearing how defenseless sorcs are without a dam shield and how they don’t want to give up dam for more resistance. We all have to give up damage to gain resistance so get over it.

So funny. Shieldbreaker is only not a problem if the sorc' massively outclassed the other player...

Yeah, I can counter it Vs a complete scrub, but why the hell should that one set make a complete scrub suddenly VERY dangerous to a competent player.

Don’t you get how hard it is to take down a sorc with a huge damage shield who has just popped an Immovability potion, for 10 seconds my light armor build can’t touch them leaving me near helpless. On this thread we have a sorc who complains that 8 players could only take him down because of SB. It seems to me that a lot of you god like sorcs become like the rest of us mortals who struggle 1vx when your damage shields are taken away, maybe it is you who does not understand the definition of balance.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t you get how hard it is to take down a sorc with a huge damage shield who has just popped an Immovability potion, for 10 seconds my light armor build can’t touch them leaving me near helpless. On this thread we have a sorc who complains that 8 players could only take him down because of SB. It seems to me that a lot of you god like sorcs become like the rest of us mortals who struggle 1vx when your damage shields are taken away, maybe it is you who does not understand the definition of balance.

And why are you helpless I wander? Light armor and resto staff gives you two shields that can stack.
    Now what class are you playing?
    Because if it's a NB then you have cloak which in right hands can mitigate more damage than sorc's Hardened Ward does.
    If it's a templar then you have tons of heals... work to increase your resistance a bit and you should be ok.
    If you are a Dk then use wings and roots and power lash and that super cheap dot+heal skill and you should be ok against sorcs.

If it's a mag Warden then drop it...it's no good against any class.
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

And why are you helpless I wander? Light armor and resto staff gives you two shields that can stack.
    Because if it's a NB then you have cloak which in right hands can mitigate more damage than sorc's Hardened Ward does.
    If it's a templar then you have tons of heals... work to increase your resistance a bit and you should be ok.
    If you are a Dk then use wings and roots and power lash and that super cheap dot+heal skill and you should be ok against sorcs.

I am a MDK, even though i have in my opinion a high damage build doing enough dam to get past a sorcs dam shield is hard, yes i can survive better if i go back to my tank build or change the skills I use but that is not the point.

Your advice though maybe well meaning is a bit like telling a sorc to use Haunting Curse, stun, crystal frag and finisher or just hit them with a couple of overloads a very cheap ultimate which can be used multiple times for massive damage when they come up against SB and then they will be fine.

It seems to me that anybody who struggles to get past a sorcs damage shield is considered unskilled and anything that can actually hurt a sorc is unfair and unbalanced. Sorcs dont want to change their build to counter SB but everyone else running a light armour build should change their builds to survive an encounter with a sorc.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a MDK, even though i have in my opinion a high damage build doing enough dam to get past a sorcs dam shield is hard, yes i can survive better if i go back to my tank build or change the skills I use but that is not the point.

Your advice though maybe well meaning is a bit like telling a sorc to use Haunting Curse, stun, crystal frag and finisher or just hit them with a couple of overloads a very cheap ultimate which can be used multiple times for massive damage when they come up against SB and then they will be fine.

It seems to me that anybody who struggles to get past a sorcs damage shield is considered unskilled and anything that can actually hurt a sorc is unfair and unbalanced. Sorcs dont want to change their build to counter SB but everyone else running a light armour build should change their builds to survive an encounter with a sorc.

If you have trouble beating a mSorc on a mDK then this isn’t a class balance issue. MagDK has all the tools to be a very annoying and hard to beat opponent for a mSorc.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Set really needs buffing
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

If you have trouble beating a mSorc on a mDK then this isn’t a class balance issue. MagDK has all the tools to be a very annoying and hard to beat opponent for a mSorc.

As I have previously stated I do not have trouble with all sorcs, only the good ones who know how to play as a sorc and use damage shields. That is not the point, and neither is my skill level, the point is that one player using SB should not be a death sentence to a good sorc. As to multiple players using it why do some sorcs think that they should be able to win when they are outnumbered.
    Edited by Waylander07 on June 27, 2018 7:56AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As I have previously stated I do not have trouble with all sorcs, only the good ones who know how to play as a sorc and use damage shields. That is not the point, and neither is my skill level, the point is that one player using SB should not be a death sentence to a good sorc. As to multiple players using it why do some sorcs think that they should be able to win when they are outnumbered.

So you have trouble with a good Sorc only? Don’t you have trouble with good players on other classes then? 1vX is not Sorc specific. And yes, 1 player should be able to win outnumbered when their opponents aren’t good, and they shouldn’t lose just because there is a set that acts as hard counter and that everyone can just equip and have a huge advantage with it.

How would you feel as mDK if a set existed that would apply 2k damage per 0.6 seconds that ignored block and healing?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭

So you have trouble with a good Sorc only? Don’t you have trouble with good players on other classes then? 1vX is not Sorc specific. And yes, 1 player should be able to win outnumbered when their opponents aren’t good, and they shouldn’t lose just because there is a set that acts as hard counter and that everyone can just equip and have a huge advantage with it.

How would you feel as mDK if a set existed that would apply 2k damage per 0.6 seconds that ignored block and healing?

You mean like when i get hit with overload for 17k dam or Zaan or die from Vicious Death because the guy next to me died, yes the game is not balanced but making out that without damage shields a sorc is helpless is crazy. You have the tools to beat someone using SB just the same as you expect people to find a way past stacked damage shields. In my opinion this game needs vast balance changes but it is what it is.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Do you think that sorcs never have to fight other sorcs? What about sorcs who play orher classes? Do you really think we have no idea what it's like to fight against a sorc'?

If you were able to fight 8 players (I can't) but just one of them wearing a certain set meant you couldn't even fight 2 players, wouldn't you think that set is a tad too strong?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defile is pretty prevalent.
    Its a 50% reduction in healing.
    Surely thats similar to a small amount of dmg getting through shields?
    Seems everyone forgets about defile when its convenient.
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to update the thread by saying that any and all oblivion damage should be removed from the game. Sloads, knightslayer, shieldbreaker, and oblivion enchants …. Sloads is the worst idea in the game. It allows absolute idiots to play like they are doing decent damage and when you get outnumbered good luck trying to even heal through or shield it because it doesn't get mitigated by anything at all and it bypasses block, dodgeroll, shields, and armor resistances … what is this !!!??? who came up with such a stupid idea to put oblivion in this game and armor sets like sloads, what is this I'm serious !!! What the hell is this insanity and incompetence? So lets remove all skill from the game and let armor setups decide the victor in a battle thanks zenimax! I'm not saying sorc doesn't need to be nerfed either rune cage is absolutely ridiculous and has no counterplay whatsoever. Shields are not a big problem but rune cage, endless fury going through dodge roll and proccing due to someone else's damage, and curse going through dodge and block …. that really needs to be addressed. I say that frags needs its cc back and rune cage and defensive rune need to be changed back or if you don't like how they were previously change the skill entirely. curse should be blockable, endless fury should be dodgeable and not proc off of other players damage and shields should be 10 seconds instead of 6 that would make sorc a bit more balanced. Also harness should only block magicka attacks and give minor or major magicka steal instead of what it does right now while dampen blocks both magicka and stamina abilities that would give the morphs a more diverse option and wouldn't make sorcs infinitely sustain against magicka players and constantly stack shields which is quite annoying.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Defile is pretty prevalent.
    Its a 50% reduction in healing.
    Surely thats similar to a small amount of dmg getting through shields?
    Seems everyone forgets about defile when its convenient.

There are tons of threads about major defile being to accessible (reverberating bash and Durok), especially in conjunction with the Befoul CP star. It’s just as overtuned.
    Edited by Feanor on June 28, 2018 6:19AM
  • Jospin Preda
    Jospin Preda
    ✭✭✭

[/quote]
    One person using shield breaker should not be a problem to a good player as I have stated sorcs have devastating attack combos and the best escape in the game. SB is now part of the game so either learn how to counter or stop playing. I am tired of hearing how defenseless sorcs are without a dam shield and how they don’t want to give up dam for more resistance. We all have to give up damage to gain resistance so get over it.[/quote]

so please explain us
    if you want "devastating attack combo" you have to play light and damage build, if you play that you have only shields to protect... it's simple no ? give sorc a flash heal and ok they can remove a shield
    and imo nb's invisibility is as good as an escape, and vampire mist ?

why do not rename SB "classesbreaker" and give same proc with all kind of classes abilities ?
    Edited by Jospin Preda on June 28, 2018 12:43PM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All other class abilities already have a counter to them.
    Only shields remain.
    The only difference with Shield breaker is that you have to sacrifice a whole 5 piece set in order to counter shields, whereas for other class defences you just have to slot a skill / potion / change your CP.
    Edited by dtsharples on June 28, 2018 1:37PM
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭
    One person using shield breaker should not be a problem to a good player as I have stated sorcs have devastating attack combos and the best escape in the game. SB is now part of the game so either learn how to counter or stop playing. I am tired of hearing how defenseless sorcs are without a dam shield and how they don’t want to give up dam for more resistance. We all have to give up damage to gain resistance so get over it.[/quote]

so please explain us
    if you want "devastating attack combo" you have to play light and damage build, if you play that you have only shields to protect... it's simple no ? give sorc a flash heal and ok they can remove a shield

why do not rename SB "classesbreaker" and give same proc with all kind of classes abilities ? [/quote]

I play light for damage on my MDK and i dont use damage shields, i also as a DK dont have a finisher like other classes
    and if i want to escape i have to use mist which means being a vampire. Sorcs are not helpless without dam shields and already have a heal that sustains your magic as well. Sorcs are the only class that can play a light damage build and still be tankie as hell using stacked damage shields. SB is not a game breaker but is a counter to anyone using damage shields and anybody using that set sacrafices against other classes.

Also their is a counter to a NB invisibility, and being a vampire means taking extra fire damage so whats the counter to stacked shields ?

I think the problem is that you want it all, to have high damage, tankie build and a great escape, not to mention the best stun in the game. Its not even like everybody is using SB, my mate plays a sorc and he hasent complained once to me about getting killed by SB.

Edited by Waylander07 on June 30, 2018 5:31PM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    The spoiler below contains the most eloquent and on-point responses I've ever seen regarding the shield breaker set.
    "how powerful shieldbreaker set, No other proc set is remotely that powerful against you.
    But also, no other proc set fails to do anything if the target isn't shielded.

If you look at it from the viewpoint of a shieldstacker, its "omg 100% proc rate". But that's not how the set is balanced. Look at it instead from the viewpoint of the attacker using the set. Suddenly the proc rate isn't 100% anymore. It varies with what opponents he fights, and how they behave.

If half of the opponents he fights are shielded, then his set's proc rate is only 50%. If all he finds is stamblades, his set's procrate is 0%.

In short, he sacrifices his overall firepower in exchange for more firepower against you. That's the "100%" shieldbreaker tradeoff, that's how it is balanced
    ."

The above quote was written by @Sharee (see link below)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/376416/shield-breaker-proc-set-has-broken-missing-cooldown#latest

Which is all good - and bad.. I mean when shielding is a necessary part of your defence it is by far the most powerful proc-set you will ever see - but the above is written with the assumption that PVP is a bunch of random 1v1s where you get what you're given.

My experience of SB users is that they are always in zerg vs zerg fights (which is fine) - but that also means that there are ALWAYS shield-users for them to target.

They are almost always NB's which kind of suggest stealth as part of their gameplay. What is to stop them, lest say if solo ganking, from using wardrobe addons to instantly switch gear depending on their opponent. Ooo look - here comes a magsorc... 'click' shieldbreaker equipped.!

I mean I do understand that the 5-piece isn't always active against all opponents - but its a terrible, terrible mechanic.

I agree however everywhere I look these days there are sorcs and magicka nbs ... So solo you can find plenty around these days... Right now its crazy the mitigation/Mobility/and burst a sorc has ....

playing a melee based class such as a Stam Dk its extremely frustrating all you see in your recap is sloads and sorc abilites.... LOS is the only way and if your in the open field you can roll dodge but your penalty become extreme very quickly ... So you could attack but can you get though the shields quick enough most of the time nope.... Make sure you have an immovable potion because you will get stunned in the face lol ...
    Edited by Durham on June 30, 2018 6:30PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because there shouldn’t be hard counters to any class in the game in the first place? Would you like a mechanic that entirely ignored all Healing or all blocking or all dodging? Because that’s what Shieldbreaker is - disabling a class defining defense.

But if you’re so desperate you need a 5 pc crutch to beat a Sorc Balance discussions probably aren’t the place you should be.

I agree with you ... However Sorcs are are over performing atm ... But ZoS released a huge update with drastic armor changes and some class ability changes but did not balance this last patch .... This crap should have balanced better !!

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Jospin Preda
    Jospin Preda
    ✭✭✭

so please explain us

why do not rename SB "classesbreaker" and give same proc with all kind of classes abilities ?

[/quote]I play light for damage on my MDK and i dont use damage shields, i also as a DK dont have a finisher like other classes
    and if i want to escape i have to use mist which means being a vampire. Sorcs are not helpless without dam shields and already have a heal that sustains your magic as well. Sorcs are the only class that can play a light damage build and still be tankie as hell using stacked damage shields. SB is not a game breaker but is a counter to anyone using damage shields and anybody using that set sacrafices against other classes.

Also their is a counter to a NB invisibility, and being a vampire means taking extra fire damage so whats the counter to stacked shields ?

I think the problem is that you want it all, to have high damage, tankie build and a great escape, not to mention the best stun in the game. Its not even like everybody is using SB, my mate plays a sorc and he hasent complained once to me about getting killed by SB. [/quote]

please, sorc heal is not a flash heal and give less heal than bol or dragon blood, plyrs use it for magicka recov more than for healing... shield is the same as flash heal of templar, dk or warden... put 2 shield is being tanky for you ? LOL... ok rune cage is bugg so zos have to fix it so we can break free immediatly, maybe a unblockable stun is too much for sorc maybe ok
    Only shields remain.

The only difference with Shield breaker is that you have to sacrifice a whole 5 piece set in order to counter shields, whereas for other class defences you just have to slot a skill / potion / change your CP.

please tell me what ? reduce healing effect ? lol (you can increase damage on shield with cp you know?)

the only things that are very ridiculous with sorc are rune cage wich is bugged and perma jumps that have no sense for a magika char and should cost stam

shields are the same as flash healing of other class... 1 bol make you full life, 1 dragon boold and warden heal just a little less, templar have purif and nb invisibility and others shields... whats difference between a sorc spamming shields and a templar spamming bol, or a dk permablock + spamming blood or other shields ? no différence
    Edited by Jospin Preda on June 30, 2018 10:16PM
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭

so please explain us

I play light for damage on my MDK and i dont use damage shields, i also as a DK dont have a finisher like other classes

I think the problem is that you want it all, to have high damage, tankie build and a great escape, not to mention the best stun in the game. Its not even like everybody is using SB, my mate plays a sorc and he hasent complained once to me about getting killed by SB. [/quote]

please, sorc heal is not a flash heal and give less heal than bol or dragon blood, plyrs use it for magicka recov more than for healing... shield is the same as flash heal of templar, dk or warden... put 2 shield is being tanky for you ? LOL... ok rune cage is bugg so zos have to fix it so we can break free immediatly, maybe a unblockable stun is too much for sorc maybe ok
    Only shields remain.

please tell me what ? reduce healing effect ? lol (you can increase damage on shield with cp you know?)

the only things that are very ridiculous with sorc are rune cage wich is bugged and perma jumps that have no sense for a magika char and should cost stam

shields are the same as flash healing of other class... 1 bol make you full life, 1 dragon boold and warden heal just a little less, templar have purif and nb invisibility and others shields... whats difference between a sorc spamming shields and a templar spamming bol, or a dk permablock + spamming blood or other shields ? no différence[/quote]

You want to compare classes then lets have a look at DK class

We have no finisher
    We have no easy escape
    We have the weakest ranged attack out of all the classes
    As for permablock, not an easy as you make out as this style has been nerfed and there is counters to it like a certain stun that sorcs have.

As for increase damage on shield with cp, yes i do know but not enough to make a real difference which i am suprised that you dont know.

Every skill should have a counter but for a magic build like a MDK we have no counter to shield stacking so my answer is a SB set for a magic build not just a stamina build, then we will have some real balance.
    Edited by Waylander07 on July 1, 2018 2:24AM
  • Jospin Preda
    Jospin Preda
    ✭✭✭

[/quote]

We have no finisher
    We have no easy escape
    As for permablock, not an easy as you make out as this style has been nerfed and there is counters to it like a certain stun that sorcs have.

As for increase damage on shield with cp, yes i do know but not enough to make a real difference which i am suprised that you dont know.

Every skill should have a counter but for a magic build like a MDK we have no counter to shield stacking so my answer is a SB set for a magic build not just a stamina build, then we will have some real balance.
    [/quote]

please, mdk have scales (crystal, la), mist, big flash heal almost same as bol, and you can have two others shields too... lol really i can understand since summerset magsorc are op because of rune cage and as i said perma jumps are ridiculous af but mdk have all it need for damages and protection as a sorc, if you want to break a shield you just must know how to put your attack and your petrif at the good time, you can perma cc ennemies and even got a gap closer...

oblivion proc damages have just been made for casual players and now exploited by all players... sb is one of the example
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the problem is that you want it all, to have high damage, tankie build and a great escape, not to mention the best stun in the game. Its not even like everybody is using SB, my mate plays a sorc and he hasent complained once to me about getting killed by SB.

Only shields remain.

shields are the same as flash healing of other class... 1 bol make you full life, 1 dragon boold and warden heal just a little less, templar have purif and nb invisibility and others shields... whats difference between a sorc spamming shields and a templar spamming bol, or a dk permablock + spamming blood or other shields ? no différence[

We have no finisher
    We have no easy escape

I just saw a whole lot of Schizo there. Not much actual context.
    I play a DK also, both Mag + Stamina in PVP - MagDK is a piece of cake to play, don't be ridiculous. StamDK at least has its difficulties to keep it interesting.
    Your counter to shield stacking is those flappy wings. If someone is shield stacking they're a ranged monkey.
    You can get in their face and pressure them.
    But Who in their right mind would play a DK expecting to play it ranged?
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Came across more than a few players yesterday rocking sloads,shieldbreaker and infused oblivion enchants in their zerg...
    Still, at least sorc' can run away.(although people still want to nerf that)..

What else can you do?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Came across more than a few players yesterday rocking sloads,shieldbreaker and infused oblivion enchants in their zerg...

What else can you do?

They´re bad if you can run away from them. You won´t get away from a competent player.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

What else can you do?

They´re bad if you can run away from them. You won´t get away from a competent player.

I though you knew? Nearly all SB users are bad. Nearly..

Was about 30-70ish.. although it wasn't just them - it was the zerg - and that annoying 'in-combat' bug letting half of them mount up while you're stuck on foot.. :-( I think the 30% survivals involved leading them into a nearby friendly zerg too.

I still think the worst thing about the set is being unable to identify who is using it among multiple opponents.

Edited by Biro123 on July 2, 2018 9:02AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭

Only shields remain.

shields are the same as flash healing of other class... 1 bol make you full life, 1 dragon boold and warden heal just a little less, templar have purif and nb invisibility and others shields... whats difference between a sorc spamming shields and a templar spamming bol, or a dk permablock + spamming blood or other shields ? no différence[

We have no finisher
    We have no easy escape

I just saw a whole lot of Schizo there. Not much actual context.
    I play a DK also, both Mag + Stamina in PVP - MagDK is a piece of cake to play, don't be ridiculous. StamDK at least has its difficulties to keep it interesting.
    Your counter to shield stacking is those flappy wings. If someone is shield stacking they're a ranged monkey.
    You can get in their face and pressure them.
    But Who in their right mind would play a DK expecting to play it ranged?

So, you think I can bring a stacked shield down with flappy wings? Really and you talk about my opinions lacking actual context LOL.

Everything I said about the DK class is true, that doesn’t mean it’s a bad class to play and I never said that it was.
    What am trying to point out is that all classes have their weaknesses and strengths and every skill should have a counter which stacked shields doesn’t.

Getting in a sorcs face is all I can do but neither that or flappy wings gets those stacked shields down especially when you are stunned when trying to get close as always happens when you fight a sorc.
    In truth I have no love for sets like SB and toads but there needs to be a counter to stacked shields and the sorc stun is also way op and needs to be changed.

I find it amusing how some sorcs moan about all the nerf sorcs threads but as soon as something can get through those dam damage shields they want it banned. The way some of you act makes me want to use SB on your entitled arses just for the sake of it.

• Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    I agree however everywhere I look these days there are sorcs and magicka nbs ... So solo you can find plenty around these days... Right now its crazy the mitigation/Mobility/and burst a sorc has ....

playing a melee based class such as a Stam Dk its extremely frustrating all you see in your recap is sloads and sorc abilites.... LOS is the only way and if your in the open field you can roll dodge but your penalty become extreme very quickly ... So you could attack but can you get though the shields quick enough most of the time nope.... Make sure you have an immovable potion because you will get stunned in the face lol ...

I wish to Azura that I could roll dodge a sorc without extensive obstructions to aid me. The only thing that misses is crystal frags.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Druid40 wrote: »
    Durham wrote: »

I wish to Azura that I could roll dodge a sorc without extensive obstructions to aid me. The only thing that misses is crystal frags.

Light/heavy attack, crushing shock(or reach), wrath, frag, overload. I wish I could hit a rolly-polly with more than a curse every 4 seconds without having to use the unavoidable burst with an expensive ultimate every 15 seconds or so.

Idk.. how many offensive abilities sorcs have to use to not have more than half completely negated? I mean there's 6 just mentioned.. don't forget we all stack 3 shields, have super mobility with boundless and streak, have to slot multiple heals to handle shieldbreaker and buff abilities for that 55mag we all have (with infinite sustain, don't forget).
    Damn, I'm so glad there are 8 slots per bar!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Invel wrote: »
    Hey zos I have an idea! Since you like nerfing solo pvp to the ground and you have already nerfed sorc more than enough! How about taking shield breaker out of the game finally. It doesn't make sense for someone to spam light attacks on you and kill you when that is the only line of defense a sorcerer has. If you don't want to remove it at least give it a 5 or 8 second cooldown along with knightslayer as well. BALANCE! It makes no sense that players can completely stack knightslayer and shieldbreaker with oblivion enchants together.

@ZOS_Wrobel

They dont need to remove it or nerf it you just have to
    G E T G O O D
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P issue i ever I saw one Waylander.
    If they remove SB you'll cry over something else.