The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

REMOVE SHIELD BREAKER !!!

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People saying sorcs are OP in 2017 OmegaLUL

No really anyone who claims sorcs are op should l2p lmfaooo
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc tears are my favorite.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Amen especially with the frag cc nerf, how on earth is sorc op. I still get people QQing saying that sorc is op even AFTER THE FRAG STUN REMOVAL. Like at what point do we reach until we can say people just need to l2p, how many more nerfs do I need on my class for people to realize that they just need to practice a bit and get better or make a more efficient build for Heavens sake.

How on earth do people still complain about the sorc class it beats me dude. People complain about shields well I can complain about Rally crits ive seen like 18k heals from rally alone and 4k to 5k vigors on stam dk and stam warden. Their healings are god tier levels how come people don't complain about those defensive mechanics but they complain about shields.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what would be a good monster set to pair with shieldbreaker & knight slayer?

would oblivion enchants really work better than resource cost poisons?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    Mmm werewolf with shieldbreaker, sorc salt for days.

So many whispers I´ve got with WW+SB xD

I will stop using SB when ZOS balance shieldstacking.

Lol, I'd like to introduce you to a couple stamplars I've met that hear, "shield stacking sorc," and immediately think, "cool free AP"
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, I commented on shieldbreaker before without even asking for its outright removal, and the sorc haters came out of the woodwork.
    Edited by Drummerx04 on October 25, 2017 4:08AM
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • TazESO
    TazESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lolz
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    *Lord Invel's little brother becomes emperor*

*Little Invel banishes big brother and Micah Waterlow from Tamriel*
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I´ve seen some really good sorcs that thinks shieldstacking at the moment is stupid and is overperforming....

My solution to it:

Make non-class specific shields unable to stack, but let class-specific shields be able to stack. That would mean you can´t stack annulment, healing ward, boneshield with class-specific shields. To compensate buff the class-specific shields such as hardened ward, igneous shield, sun/blazing shield etc.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Invel wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Then they better remove shield stacking as well.

makes no sense. What will sorcs use if they remove shield stacking ? Shields are a sorc class skill you don't counter that by adding shieldbreaker and oblivion mechanics. You counter it by being a good player and actually practicing at playing the game. Shieldbreaker is a stupid mechanic.

Long story short. You counter shieldbreaker by being a good player and actually practice at playing the game.
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭

makes no sense. What will sorcs use if they remove shield stacking ? Shields are a sorc class skill you don't counter that by adding shieldbreaker and oblivion mechanics. You counter it by being a good player and actually practicing at playing the game. Shieldbreaker is a stupid mechanic.

Long story short. You counter shieldbreaker by being a good player and actually practice at playing the game.

ok so you get on a mag sorc and I will play a nightblade that spams light attacks against you with shieldbreaker on :D see how well you will do in that situation. :)
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ok so you get on a mag sorc and I will play a nightblade that spams light attacks against you with shieldbreaker on :D see how well you will do in that situation. :)

I'd use bolt escape, and fight on better ground.

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

I´ve seen some really good sorcs that thinks shieldstacking at the moment is stupid and is overperforming....

My solution to it:

Make non-class specific shields unable to stack, but let class-specific shields be able to stack. That would mean you can´t stack annulment, healing ward, boneshield with class-specific shields. To compensate buff the class-specific shields such as hardened ward, igneous shield, sun/blazing shield etc.

I do agree shieldstacking is ridiculously stupid, but by no means make sorc OP. In my opinion hardened shouldn't be able to be stacked with harness. I'm fine with stacking healing ward with hardned (or healing with harness like we magblades did for ages) and it would be fine, but stacking harness and hardned is just ***.
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Maikon but if they nerf shield stacking I want frags retaining the stun and streak being buffed up SO MUCH THAT I CAN FLY TO HEAVEN. And bound aegis to be buffed as well cause that isn't fair if they nerf our only defensive mechanic it makes no sense.

But don't you already fly to heaven when you die in PVP :p ??? Sorry it was to easy to let go
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd use bolt escape, and fight on better ground.

Then you'd just lose on better ground.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Biro123

Not when better ground just means reaching your allies ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep..

How to beat shieldbreaker....

1. Run away.
    2. Run away some more (he WILL chase. ALL shieldbreaker users really, I mean really hate sorcs)
    3. Run away some more - till he's the only one left chasing (they are never alone).
    4. Pop resto ult and hope he's such a bad player (most shieldbreaker users are) that you can kill him in 5 seconds.
    5. If he's more than 10% the player you are, respawn and go fight the other faction instead (other wise he will repeatedly hunt you down)

Edited by Biro123 on October 25, 2017 11:01AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    Zbigb4life wrote: »
    @Maikon but if they nerf shield stacking I want frags retaining the stun and streak being buffed up SO MUCH THAT I CAN FLY TO HEAVEN. And bound aegis to be buffed as well cause that isn't fair if they nerf our only defensive mechanic it makes no sense.

But don't you already fly to heaven when you die in PVP :p ??? Sorry it was to easy to let go

I mean when I have 20+ people chasing me out of pure spite rather than defend their own keep and fight off another zerg, and I'm solo of course I would probably die lol.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Yep..

1. Run away.
    2. Run away some more (he WILL chase. ALL shieldbreaker users really, I mean really hate sorcs)
    3. Run away some more - till he's the only one left chasing (they are never alone).
    4. Pop resto ult and hope he's such a bad player (most shieldbreaker users are) that you can kill him in 5 seconds.
    5. If he's more than 10% the player you are, respawn and go fight the other faction instead (other wise he will repeatedly hunt you down)

You missed...

6. Salty ragewhispers about cheating and hacking while being on the ez mode class when you do beat him
    Edited by Feanor on October 25, 2017 11:21AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The spoiler below contains the most eloquent and on-point responses I've ever seen regarding the shield breaker set.
    "how powerful shieldbreaker set, No other proc set is remotely that powerful against you.
    But also, no other proc set fails to do anything if the target isn't shielded.

If you look at it from the viewpoint of a shieldstacker, its "omg 100% proc rate". But that's not how the set is balanced. Look at it instead from the viewpoint of the attacker using the set. Suddenly the proc rate isn't 100% anymore. It varies with what opponents he fights, and how they behave.

If half of the opponents he fights are shielded, then his set's proc rate is only 50%. If all he finds is stamblades, his set's procrate is 0%.

In short, he sacrifices his overall firepower in exchange for more firepower against you. That's the "100%" shieldbreaker tradeoff, that's how it is balanced
    ."

The above quote was written by @Sharee (see link below)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/376416/shield-breaker-proc-set-has-broken-missing-cooldown#latest

Edited by Maryal on October 25, 2017 11:38AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    The spoiler below contains the most eloquent and on-point responses I've ever seen regarding the shield breaker set.
    "how powerful shieldbreaker set, No other proc set is remotely that powerful against you.

If you look at it from the viewpoint of a shieldstacker, its "omg 100% proc rate". But that's not how the set is balanced. Look at it instead from the viewpoint of the attacker using the set. Suddenly the proc rate isn't 100% anymore. It varies with what opponents he fights, and how they behave.

If half of the opponents he fights are shielded, then his set's proc rate is only 50%. If all he finds is stamblades, his set's procrate is 0%.

In short, he sacrifices his overall firepower in exchange for more firepower against you. That's the "100%" shieldbreaker tradeoff, that's how it is balanced
    ."

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/376416/shield-breaker-proc-set-has-broken-missing-cooldown#latest

Which is all good - and bad.. I mean when shielding is a necessary part of your defence it is by far the most powerful proc-set you will ever see - but the above is written with the assumption that PVP is a bunch of random 1v1s where you get what you're given.

My experience of SB users is that they are always in zerg vs zerg fights (which is fine) - but that also means that there are ALWAYS shield-users for them to target.

They are almost always NB's which kind of suggest stealth as part of their gameplay. What is to stop them, lest say if solo ganking, from using wardrobe addons to instantly switch gear depending on their opponent. Ooo look - here comes a magsorc... 'click' shieldbreaker equipped.!

I mean I do understand that the 5-piece isn't always active against all opponents - but its a terrible, terrible mechanic.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »

."

Which is all good - and bad.. I mean when shielding is a necessary part of your defence it is by far the most powerful proc-set you will ever see - but the above is written with the assumption that PVP is a bunch of random 1v1s where you get what you're given.

My experience of SB users is that they are always in zerg vs zerg fights (which is fine) - but that also means that there are ALWAYS shield-users for them to target.

They are almost always NB's which kind of suggest stealth as part of their gameplay. What is to stop them, lest say if solo ganking, from using wardrobe addons to instantly switch gear depending on their opponent. Ooo look - here comes a magsorc... 'click' shieldbreaker equipped.!

I mean I do understand that the 5-piece isn't always active against all opponents - but its a terrible, terrible mechanic.

Don´t forget the solo WW-player with shieldbreaker xD
  • MrCommunity
    Yep..

this one sums up why I use shieldbreaker, just cant stand Magsorcs. maybe its a L2p issue but I only really struggled 1V1 with Magsorcs. infused SB bow stacked with an oblivion enchantment really does do wonders. in all fairness the 5th bonus is useless against any other class, but it is a fair counter to shields IMO. if you don't want to have it used against you, don't use shields, its as easy as that.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Remove the one hard counter in the game for the playstyle that i play!!!"

You already main the easiest class in the game. What more could you possibly ask for?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because there shouldn’t be hard counters to any class in the game in the first place? Would you like a mechanic that entirely ignored all Healing or all blocking or all dodging? Because that’s what Shieldbreaker is - disabling a class defining defense.

But if you’re so desperate you need a 5 pc crutch to beat a Sorc Balance discussions probably aren’t the place you should be.
  • MrCommunity
    Feanor wrote: »
    Because there shouldn’t be hard counters to any class in the game in the first place? Would you like a mechanic that entirely ignored all Healing or all blocking or all dodging? Because that’s what Shieldbreaker is - disabling a class defining defense.

But if you’re so desperate you need a 5 pc crutch to beat a Sorc Balance discussions probably aren’t the place you should be.

so remove invisibility detection pots while were at it, SMH. speaking from a nightblade perspective, everyone of those mechanics you mentioned I have a way to get through. except shields, there are no counters for the Sorcs who can keep shields up at all times.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, another Nerf thread.
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭

How is a single shield ability a class defining defense? Do you not wear any armor?
    Edited by Maikon on October 25, 2017 5:13PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so remove invisibility detection pots while were at it, SMH. speaking from a nightblade perspective, everyone of those mechanics you mentioned I have a way to get through. except shields, there are no counters for the Sorcs who can keep shields up at all times.

Well, as @Apache_Kid so eloquently put it: Just don’t use cloak, it’s as easy as that. See?
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My favourite set so no