Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer

• Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feedback for Crystal Blast:
    That skill does quite high single and aoe damage but it costs way too much 3.4kMag in 5light is not sustainable as a spammable aoe skill and it is a skill with a cast time. So i don't think anyone will use it.

As for pvp i really don't see any advantage to use this skill over the other morph. The aoe stun+damage is nice but you really miss out the cfrag for you damage combo. Skills with a cast time are quite meh in pvp since it is actually quite hard to get them off and just an aoe cfrag for 1sec cast time doesn't feel too rewarding. Even if you can get the skill off it is extrem expensive and since it is a projectile ppl still have time to react to it. (e.g. block)

Maybe make it work like a cfrag(instant cast on proc) just with aoe and less damage?
    Edited by Zer0oo on September 19, 2017 5:34PM
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcs currently play like that in PVp

Frag - force pulse - finisher - haunting curse - TP
    Boundless storm - Hardened ward - Harness magicka - healing ward - Surge.

so either sorc will put off their second shield ( what I will do) for Rune prison , either they will put this skill instead boundless storm.
    Edited by Apherius on September 19, 2017 5:59PM
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    @RinaldoGandolphi

Believe me, I dreaded how they butchered Streak CC. The combo you mentioned is what I was referring to, a fluid, enjoyable strategy.
    The difference now is that Streak required proximity and "turning around". It also needed no CC break, 1.5 seconds isn't worth it if you're in stamina trouble.
    The new Rune Prison seems vastly superior to that. An instant kill combo from 36 meters away can be devastating to Cyrodiil. I feel like something should be nerfed to justify the CC, but keep it balanced. I felt Fury is a good candidate. I can not judge whether that would break sorc burst. I think not.
    But, what would you nerf in exchange?

@Feanor

In tandem with what I said above, yeah. Fury is weird, in that it's not a good execute in PvE, but a mean burst skill in PvP. Closing the gap between them seems like a good idea to me.

I say put Rune Prison back to the way it was. Mag Sorc doesn't need a Cc like that anyways. Or reduce the sustain on Dark Deal/Dark Conversion as it is a bit too strong and good of a sustain skill
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Mages Wrath/Endless Fury should have its execute timer reduced to 2 seconds from 4. This will retain this ability's strength when used by skilled sorcs that know how to properly time and layer burst damage, but diminish its ability to just be spammed by anybody to get leech killing blows.

Nah, 2 seconds is too unreliably, especially at range. It's already easily wasted when the target doesn't let you burst them down, with a shorter duration I'd just use it like any other execute.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop trying to make crystal blast work.

It won´t.

Casttime skills that need to be spammed do not work in your games design unless you can outrange your opponent.

If you´re adamant to keep the design of crystal blast reduce it´s cost by atleast 30% and increase it´s range to match that of snipe - maybe reduce the casttime to 0.8s (gcd would remain 1s so no need to get angry).
    Edited by Derra on September 20, 2017 7:05AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or simply turn it into something a stam sorc can use. They don't get much out of the class skills for damage. Hurricane and Streak, if you want to count that.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

It won´t.

Casttime skills that need to be spammed do not work in your games design unless you can outrange your opponent.

If you´re adamant to keep the design of crystal blast reduce it´s cost by atleast 30% and increase it´s range to match that of snipe - maybe reduce the casttime to 0.8s (gcd would remain 1s so no need to get angry).
    100% right you can definitely spam it from a zerg but other than that you will never be able to land 1 CrEx in a duel or small-scale fight.

And please ZoS revert the changes to Rune Prison, a reliable Fear like CC is not what sorcs should have with a burst that is so easy to lineup and with the damage it does.

• OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

It won´t.

You obviously have never met the terror of pc na, hsskbrt uses crystal blast to smite his enemies.

And sometimes himself.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Right, i managed to do a little bit of testing yesterday. I noticed something about Crystal Frags that might be a bug.

On current live environment when you get the proc, you get 3 types of notifications:
    1. Your hands emit a white-ish glow
    2. A sound plays
    3. The Crystal Frag skill on your skill bar glows

In PTS it seems that #3 is not happening. Or at least it was consistently not happening to me. Can any other Sorc tester please confirm?

It's kind of important because when coupled with the Boundless Storm skill, you can't see #1 and the sound played for #2 is both not unique nor does it have the 7" duration that your proc lasts. So I found that often I wasn't sure/aware I had a Crystal Frag proc.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, would you kindly forward to your testing team please?
    EU | PC | AD
  • necronyteub17_ESO
    necronyteub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Its a good change for sorcs. NB and DK have plenty of stuns and they negate WAY to much stuff. I cant wait to try this out and see how it does.
    In fact i think haunting curse should be shortened on time for the second explosion at least. Besides there are all kinds of abilities that break our shields and streak/bolt is already expensive to cast alot. Its so short they gap close and stun sorcs anyways plus i dont even want to hear talk about burst . NB and DK have great burst and survive better.

We have enough stamina builds all over the place, with tons of skills. Go nerf wardens spamming that stupid unresistable crap , for cheap Magicka. Or better yet , why dont you finally TAKE OUT animation canceling and watch the macro cheating dweebs start crying.
    You have a crap load of cheating and exploiting already powerful skills , so gives sorcs a way to deal with it. We will clean house rofl. Unlimited block builds come to mind because we are seeing LOTS of them now. Need MORE sorcs skills to be useful instead of crap skills that no one uses.
    Hope these changes for sorcs are as good as they sound and add more of them. Might be worth staying and playing the game again.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to give sorc better sustain in pve or should be still play as heavy attack machine? Force pulse(and most other spammable skills mag or stam) is way too expensive to make a light attack rotation work in a real pve environment(trials). In general all combat got really a real dump with morrowind update and consists now mostly out of spamming heavy attacks on almost all classes instead of using a spammable dps skill. Would be really nice if pve combat would more fun again.

Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like everyone is thinking that wtih rune prison change magsorc will be OP like hell so anyone of people who thinks that can tell me where should magsorc put that skill or which skil replace without loosing dmg or survivality ?
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    Are there any plans to give sorc better sustain in pve or should be still play as heavy attack machine? Force pulse(and most other spammable skills mag or stam) is way too expensive to make a light attack rotation work in a real pve environment(trials). In general all combat got really a real dump with morrowind update and consists now mostly out of spamming heavy attacks on almost all classes instead of using a spammable dps skill. Would be really nice if pve combat would more fun again.

I couldn't agree more, on a magsorc sustain is so crap if you don't heavy attack all the time, i really enjoyed the days that force pulse frags were a thing with light attack weaving, i even went to magblade to get that feeling again. I really dislike the sustain on magsorc
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Benemime
    Benemime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been using Summon Charged Atronach, but I'll remorph for the other one that lasts longer, the AoE from charged atronach sucks. Why? Because the AoE has blind spots and it's pretty easy that the mob won't get hit by its AoE. If you cast the Atronach on the mob, so that it can get hit by fallen dmg of the Atronach when summoned, and the mob is standing still, it's very likely that it won't get hit by the Atronach's AoE attack.

Solution: simply fix the AoE blind spots, by maybe changing the visual effect, to make it look like a single blow of lightning spreading on ground, like a big circle of a single blow of lightning on the ground kinda like Wall of Elements, with the same cooldown of the current AoE attack. Then it might be worth it
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    When are we going to get a stamina spammable. Every class should have one and right now in my opinion and stam sorcs and dks do not. We have two stamina morphs, hurricane and bound armaments. Please, give us a spammable at least to our arsenal to encourage build diversity, even just this one would be amazing. I have two things I can spam in the game, flurry or wrecking blow. Nightblades, templars, and definitely wardens, have some really nice stamina morphs. DK's and sorcs are pretty SOL in this regard and it would be amazing to get some attention. I think making a spammable version of streak that can act as a clap closer/attack if aimed at them would be a pretty awesome for example. Just an idea, as I love streak and high mobility but we're completely dependent on weapon abilities for damage outside of hurricane.
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    When are we going to get a stamina spammable. Every class should have one and right now in my opinion and stam sorcs and dks do not. We have two stamina morphs, hurricane and bound armaments. Please, give us a spammable at least to our arsenal to encourage build diversity, even just this one would be amazing. I have two things I can spam in the game, flurry or wrecking blow. Nightblades, templars, and definitely wardens, have some really nice stamina morphs. DK's and sorcs are pretty SOL in this regard and it would be amazing to get some attention. I think making a spammable version of streak that can act as a clap closer/attack if aimed at them would be a pretty awesome for example. Just an idea, as I love streak and high mobility but we're completely dependent on weapon abilities for damage outside of hurricane.
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    feedback on CBlast...

the increased AOE is nice but it wont change the slotting dynamics.

CFrag is single target with boosted damage, proc cost and proc insta-cast and is always useful.

The AOE elements to VBlast are only going to be functional in some cases and other than those cases the casting time and cost are always there, hindering the effort.

That means its basically a fool's bet or sucker play to slot VB over CF for any serious fight.

I like the idea of the AOE vs single-target but you need to standardize the gameplay issues.

if you leave CFrag as is then CB needs to do the following:

Do AOE damage over a 10m radius and forget the primary and splash thing.
    Proc chance like CF for lower cost, insta-cast and Bleed effect - like maybe from the sharp little pieces - replacing the direct buff.

This makes CF the inferno staff single target choice and CB the lightning staff AoE version.
    Both get to play the same game as far as wait for proc for quick and easy.

Just my 2c based on what i have seen.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want a stamina class spammable when even mag Sorc doesn't have one?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Yeah why not? Stamina doesn't have any good spammables from the weapon trees.
    You want to use Wrecking blow? Well gl hitting someone who blocks every single one of them.
    You want to use blood craze? You'll have a bad time aiming all hits even when it's not lagging and when the lag is here you are better off spamming heavy attacks.
    Of course you can go with ransack or heroic slash but the damage they provide is much smaller due to 1h&s passives and damage model.
    I don't think stamsorcs deserve a class spammable because they are already strong but they are more entitled to it than magicka sorc
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

You want to use Wrecking blow? Well gl hitting someone who blocks every single one of them.
    You want to use blood craze? You'll have a bad time aiming all hits even when it's not lagging and when the lag is here you are better off spamming heavy attacks.
    Of course you can go with ransack or heroic slash but the damage they provide is much smaller due to 1h&s passives and damage model.
    I don't think stamsorcs deserve a class spammable because they are already strong but they are more entitled to it than magicka sorc

You have 4 weapons lines and magicka has two. And the magicka version doesn't even have a spamable. I do not agree with this assessment.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    feedback on CBlast...

CFrag is single target with boosted damage, proc cost and proc insta-cast and is always useful.

The AOE elements to VBlast are only going to be functional in some cases and other than those cases the casting time and cost are always there, hindering the effort.

That means its basically a fool's bet or sucker play to slot VB over CF for any serious fight.

I like the idea of the AOE vs single-target but you need to standardize the gameplay issues.

Proc chance like CF for lower cost, insta-cast and Bleed effect - like maybe from the sharp little pieces - replacing the direct buff.

This makes CF the inferno staff single target choice and CB the lightning staff AoE version.

Whatever is done with Crystal Blast to make it worth using should entail making the projectile fly directly like the other morph, rather than in it's current high arch.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    feedback on CBlast...

Whatever is done with Crystal Blast to make it worth using should entail making the projectile fly directly like the other morph, rather than in it's current high arch.

They could make it undodgeable bc the projectile has such a high delay before hitting :joy:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    BohnT wrote: »

You have 4 weapons lines and magicka has two. And the magicka version doesn't even have a spamable. I do not agree with this assessment.

Don't start the magicka/ stamina discussion. It's been done so often and it always ended with the conclusion that magicka has much more skills than stamina.
    Magsorc has a perfect spammable in force Pulse combined with the new Asylum staff
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    feedback on CBlast...

No argument but if it is a pure AOE effect with a sizable radius the a lot of the projectile time issues (reflect, easy dodge) are mitigated quite a bit.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Before the warden, i would not have expects a spammable dark magic effect for ewither type given blood magic passive heals.

but that passive is not all that different from the warden beast gone heal effect.

So perhaps a spammable crystal sword or a single mine @range daedric mines morph would be possible now - with damage scaled to warden levels.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs at one time were op in pvp...the same with dks they were gods in the beginning. Sorcs for one are very squishy. Catching one with a downed shield is almost instant death to a stamina dd. I read many nerf sorc forums and i think it is laughable to say the least. The rotations are stagnate and havent changed since launch. The burst potential is good but requires delicate precision to pull off. With that if you get cursed you can gurantee a fury and frag will follow undoubtedly. This makes the class very predictable. The 4 second fury is the ONLY saving grace to a sorcs rotation in pvp and pve. It is a little underpowered compared to other class executes. NB has been the king of cc with fear being possibly the strongest cc in the game. Getting ganked has become a standard and is almost unsurvivable. Yet forum after forum i see that people still believe sorcs are op hahaha this is funny. I guess people watch sypher 1vX showing 10 min of him killing pug players after weeks of playing. He shows a few minutes of very niche situations and people hop on forums and say watch syphers vids sorcs are op and we need to delete the class lol. While stealthed NB run pvp. Single target damage is a NB bread and butter...sorcs only shine in pve content burning down trash adds with liquid lighting. Sorcs are telegraphed, squishy, and streak is the mag version of crit rush with no damage and a slight stun. No class heals other than power surge and you have to do crit damage to be useful...with crit resistances in pvp good luck with that. With one wrecking blow your already in execute range.dark conversion is good but a 2 sec cast time means your dead. Healing ward gets cast on the pug guy in the back of the group. A 6 second shield that can only take 1 reverse slash. Then you get rooted and ganked or feared while getting hacked in the back with executes and resource drain poisons. Sorcs are forced to the back of the group spamming force pulse wrath and frags while the only thing keeping you alive is your stam buddies keeping everyone busy so u can sqeeuze in a fury for hopes of getting ap points.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You have a magicka class execute when even stam sorc doesn't have one? Oh wait, it's in the weapon lines... just like a mag spam.

E: don't get that wrong. But what's that with the "when even mag sorcs don't have one"? Sounds like mag is entitled to a better toolkit than it's stam counterpart. StamSorcs have 1 stamina class skill that does damage. No curse, no wrath, no frag, no pets. With not throw them a bone? Especially when you consider how many class passives they actually make good use of.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on September 29, 2017 4:31PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You have a magicka class execute when even stam sorc doesn't have one? Oh wait, it's in the weapon lines... just like a mag spam.

E: don't get that wrong. But what's that with the "when even mag sorcs don't have one"? Sounds like mag is entitled to a better toolkit than it's stam counterpart. StamSorcs have 1 stamina class skill that does damage. No curse, no wrath, no frag, no pets. With not throw them a bone? Especially when you consider how many class passives they actually make good use of.

Sorc is designed to have no spammable. DKs don't have an execute. Period. It's a design choice and it's here to stay.

DW mag sorcs build around. Staff sorcs have one spammable. Stamina sorcs have one versatile pseudo-spammable, with a powerful execution in the same line. DW stam sorcs build around, have a channel (mag has none), but need to rely on Implosion or Steel Tornado (mag has less Implo procs but a legit execute).
    Looks kind of balanced to me, the difference being a flavor in gameplay.

And ask mag sorcs about having each Frag blocked or dodged.

I think the absence of a spammable, if limiting, is fine.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Sorc is designed to have no spammable. DKs don't have an execute. Period. It's a design choice and it's here to stay.

DW mag sorcs build around. Staff sorcs have one spammable. Stamina sorcs have one versatile pseudo-spammable, with a powerful execution in the same line. DW stam sorcs build around, have a channel (mag has none), but need to rely on Implosion or Steel Tornado (mag has less Implo procs but a legit execute).
    Looks kind of balanced to me, the difference being a flavor in gameplay.

And ask mag sorcs about having each Frag blocked or dodged.

I think the absence of a spammable, if limiting, is fine.

I made clear at what my comment aimed in the edit. I'm fine with not every class having the same access to things, it's their way to make them "unique", if you want to say so. I just found it intriguing that "when even mag doesn't have one". As if mag should be inherently better equiped than stam. But after all, I dislike being so strongly bound to the respective weapon skill line on stam sorcs. There isn't much to build around from class skills damagewise. You only have hurricane and that's it.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on September 29, 2017 6:16PM
  • ZOS_Wrobel
    ZOS_Wrobel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’d like to touch on a couple things we’re looking to iterate on for this class. First, some of you have mentioned that the Summon Charged Atronach AoE can occasionally miss targets that are right next to it. To address this, we plan to change the AoE pattern to a single circle instead of 5 small circles. We’ve also seen reports of an issue with Overload where the bound armor can persist even when it’s not on your bar; we’re investigating this issue.

Lastly, we’ve seen some of you mention that the new Rune Prison is quite powerful in PVP - we’re looking at adjusting the cost to help counter this. In addition, we’ve been evaluating the Crystal Shard skill line and its morphs and are planning to make some adjustments. The base stun component is going to be removed from the ability and instead placed on the Crystal Blast morph. This will make the choice between Crystal Fragments and Crystal Blast much more interesting as you are choosing between a CC and AoE damage vs. increased burst damage.

Thanks for taking the time to hop on the PTS and test out the changes so far!
    Lead Combat Designer
    Eric Wrobel
    Staff Post