The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer

• gammelscroll
    gammelscroll
    ✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »
    Apherius wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Lord_Invel wrote: »
    ZOS_RyanM wrote: »
    We have removed a few comments that were baiting and disruptive. We ask that you please keep your posts civil and constructive.

sorcs already over perform in PvP. If they need something they need a nerf
    Like many other mention in here, mages fury needs a rework or something. So tired of 1 button spam sorcs. Mages fury duration should be set to 2 seckonds so good players get rewarded for using it. Not braindead skill to spam on all low hp targets you see. And mages fury is pretty destroying BG`s etc

3vlit29.jpg

Dude I'm sorry but no good player gets hit with a 19k overload crit that is ridiculous. Sorry its just the fact that you aren't learned enough in the game yet and still need experience. I'm in light armor and I still don't get crit with 19k overloads the most I've seen are like 9k or 10k because I'm in all divines and I can accept that damage because it is the way I build. I build for bigger shield and weaker health poo, it's kind of a risk reward playstyle. And u didn't take into account that the sorc attacking you could have been using the elegant armor set which buffs overloads out the [snip]. That doesn't mean sorc is op that means the armor set needs to be addressed. Should I complain about magicka nightblades then because assasins will is like the hardest hitting skill in the game? CERTAINLY NOT! The real answer for you my friend is that you need to learn to become better at the game and learn how to actually pvp. But knowing zos they will probably lower the skill ceiling even more just to make you feel comfortable and not work hard for your skillful progress ... which is how the game should be btw it should reward skill not reward feelgood mechanics.

has nothing with skills to to do. ive been top rated player in wow and many other games..that dosnt mather.

i wear full heavy armor with 30k spell resist buffed up and almost 3 k crit resist.

This sorc sniped me from behind when we were running to teleport to top in BG.

And you come here and talk about eso needs skills to play HAHAHA.

would like to see you when you get sniped from behind with overload 1 click attack...takes skills.

sorcs are dominating as PvP class. and they should be balanced. instant frags, stun, mages fury.

players should be rewarded for playing good, not 2 spam skill class

@Lord_Invel tell me what bieng sniped from behind 40 k dmg in 2 sek have to do with a player is good or not?

If you´re getting rekt by sorcs in bgs you still have a lot to learn. The class is apart from execute spam not really shining in a nonCP environment.
    The execute is only relevant bc of the scoring system.

Sorcs shileds need a nerf. When a sorc can take crit charge into dizzying swing and get also hit my a nifgblade and i use take flight and he take no dmg...then there is something wrong.

Sorcs are dominating in PvP , survival and damage. They need to be toned down. And remove fragment stun is not the right way. This shield stacking *** needs to go

No, sorcs are absolutely useless agains competent players. Apart from a bit of telegraphed burst that can easily be avoided, sorcs lack the tools to compete with a more steady DPS approach. If you can't dodge frags then that's either a l2p issue or you need a better build.

In the future this might change, but as of now, that's how it is. I literally never struggled against a single sorc on ANY of my stamina builds (not counting cheesy dueling builds like pets and so on).

dodeg instant frag? you must be realy stupid or just playing dumb

Are you serious xD HOW MUCH TIME do we have to say you that instant skill doesn't mean instant travel !

I think you don't know what the hell you are talking about , you don't like the fact that sorc are a good class for solo so you just type" sorc" in the search bar and try to argue about something you never played , Sometime you say that the most Op thing that sorc have is " overload " ... sometimes the most OP thing that the sorc have is " endless fury " Oh and sometime the NB is Op ... as i can read everysingle thing that you don't play is OP ... and everysingle person who don't share your opinion is stupid or have a small brain ... lel.

Then when people try to explain you something you just insult them by saying they are stupid or should back to school ... your attitude is disgusting , i still don't understand why you haven't been banned from the forum after all these insult ...
    Now excuse me but i have to report 89 of your 100 comment where you insult peoples...

another fa...ot that cant read. u cant [snip] dodgerolll a skill even with travel time when u are ON TOP OF THE SORC: and you know why? because THERE IS NO TRAVEL TIME WHEN YOU ARE ON TOP OF THE SORC.

learn to read

You shouldn't zerg sorcs as a squishy melee build spamming gap closers, if you can't pay attention or understand when the frag is coming. Players like you are always the first to die when chasing a sorc (or any good player on any class) around.

we are not talking about die to a sorc. we are talking about travling time on a instant frag when ur on top of a sorc

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 13, 2017 7:48PM
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »
    ZOS_RyanM wrote: »
    We have removed a few comments that were baiting and disruptive. We ask that you please keep your posts civil and constructive.

sorcs already over perform in PvP. If they need something they need a nerf
    Like many other mention in here, mages fury needs a rework or something. So tired of 1 button spam sorcs. Mages fury duration should be set to 2 seckonds so good players get rewarded for using it. Not braindead skill to spam on all low hp targets you see. And mages fury is pretty destroying BG`s etc

3vlit29.jpg

Dude I'm sorry but no good player gets hit with a 19k overload crit that is ridiculous. Sorry its just the fact that you aren't learned enough in the game yet and still need experience. I'm in light armor and I still don't get crit with 19k overloads the most I've seen are like 9k or 10k because I'm in all divines and I can accept that damage because it is the way I build. I build for bigger shield and weaker health poo, it's kind of a risk reward playstyle. And u didn't take into account that the sorc attacking you could have been using the elegant armor set which buffs overloads out the [snip]. That doesn't mean sorc is op that means the armor set needs to be addressed. Should I complain about magicka nightblades then because assasins will is like the hardest hitting skill in the game? CERTAINLY NOT! The real answer for you my friend is that you need to learn to become better at the game and learn how to actually pvp. But knowing zos they will probably lower the skill ceiling even more just to make you feel comfortable and not work hard for your skillful progress ... which is how the game should be btw it should reward skill not reward feelgood mechanics.

has nothing with skills to to do. ive been top rated player in wow and many other games..that dosnt mather.

i wear full heavy armor with 30k spell resist buffed up and almost 3 k crit resist.

This sorc sniped me from behind when we were running to teleport to top in BG.

And you come here and talk about eso needs skills to play HAHAHA.

would like to see you when you get sniped from behind with overload 1 click attack...takes skills.

sorcs are dominating as PvP class. and they should be balanced. instant frags, stun, mages fury.

players should be rewarded for playing good, not 2 spam skill class

@Lord_Invel tell me what bieng sniped from behind 40 k dmg in 2 sek have to do with a player is good or not?

If you´re getting rekt by sorcs in bgs you still have a lot to learn. The class is apart from execute spam not really shining in a nonCP environment.
    The execute is only relevant bc of the scoring system.

Sorcs shileds need a nerf. When a sorc can take crit charge into dizzying swing and get also hit my a nifgblade and i use take flight and he take no dmg...then there is something wrong.

Sorcs are dominating in PvP , survival and damage. They need to be toned down. And remove fragment stun is not the right way. This shield stacking *** needs to go

No, sorcs are absolutely useless agains competent players. Apart from a bit of telegraphed burst that can easily be avoided, sorcs lack the tools to compete with a more steady DPS approach. If you can't dodge frags then that's either a l2p issue or you need a better build.

In the future this might change, but as of now, that's how it is. I literally never struggled against a single sorc on ANY of my stamina builds (not counting cheesy dueling builds like pets and so on).

dodeg instant frag? you must be realy stupid or just playing dumb

Are you serious xD HOW MUCH TIME do we have to say you that instant skill doesn't mean instant travel !

I think you don't know what the hell you are talking about , you don't like the fact that sorc are a good class for solo so you just type" sorc" in the search bar and try to argue about something you never played , Sometime you say that the most Op thing that sorc have is " overload " ... sometimes the most OP thing that the sorc have is " endless fury " Oh and sometime the NB is Op ... as i can read everysingle thing that you don't play is OP ... and everysingle person who don't share your opinion is stupid or have a small brain ... lel.

Then when people try to explain you something you just insult them by saying they are stupid or should back to school ... your attitude is disgusting , i still don't understand why you haven't been banned from the forum after all these insult ...
    Now excuse me but i have to report 89 of your 100 comment where you insult peoples...

another fa...ot that cant read. u cant [snip] dodgerolll a skill even with travel time when u are ON TOP OF THE SORC: and you know why? because THERE IS NO TRAVEL TIME WHEN YOU ARE ON TOP OF THE SORC.

learn to read

You shouldn't zerg sorcs as a squishy melee build spamming gap closers, if you can't pay attention or understand when the frag is coming. Players like you are always the first to die when chasing a sorc (or any good player on any class) around.

we are not talking about die to a sorc. we are talking about travling time on a instant frag when ur on top of a sorc

We are talking about travel time on frag.

You are talking about god knows what.

[Edited for quote]
    [Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 13, 2017 7:47PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [snip] we have a new chance now , let's try to be constructive ;)

as i was saying before ,here a video showing that Instant cast doesn't mean undodgeable and instant travel . and say that it's undodgeable cause you are Melee isn't a good argument cause you can still see the " purple aura " arround the ennemies hand [snip]

https://youtu.be/WzY3JeZ5oPA

[edited for discussion of moderation]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on October 13, 2017 7:59PM
  • gammelscroll
    gammelscroll
    ✭✭✭
    we have a new chance now , let's try to be constructive ;)

as i was saying before ,here a video showing that Instant cast doesn't mean undodgeable and instant travel . and say that it's undodgeable cause you are Melee isn't a good argument cause you can still see the " purple aura " arround the ennemies hand ...

https://youtu.be/WzY3JeZ5oPA

thats not melee range

[minor edit for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on October 13, 2017 8:00PM
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had to remove quote a few comments on this thread for getting out of hand. It seems as though the intention is now to get discussion back on track, so please keep continued discussion constructive. It's easy enough to state opposing opinions without going out of your way to flame and bait.

Thanks folks.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the changes :) its no secret that stam builds kill magsorc easy atm

Yeah right especially with them hundreds of shields you got to get through to do so if you keep dying to stamina builds while being a shield stacking sorcerers it sounds like a l2p problem it was easy before proc sets was nerf but not so much now
    Edited by Jake1576 on October 13, 2017 8:09PM
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    Why is zos nerfing frags nobody in the forums asked to buff rune cage and nerf frags LITERALLY NOBODY. Zos nerf shield stacking with harness and resto ult and pirate skeleton. Not our dps abilities. Sorcs should hit really hard and be really mobile but they should be squishy. Make bound aegis toggleable so we can have it on one bar only and nerf daedric mine damage. Buff power surge and degeneration and buff streak make that go through block instead and have a 25 or30 percent cost increase rather than 50 percent. Also make it to where you can only have 2 shields on your body at max that way shield spam at low health wont be a problem anymore.

@ZOS_Wrobel
  • Bakkagami
    Bakkagami
    ✭✭✭
    Frags needed a nerf but tbh, just adding a cooldown on the proc would have done the trick. One frag to the face isn't a big deal even if it cc's you. 2-3 frags to the face within 5 seconds just gives too much of an opportunity for extremely high burst that get sustained by rng. A cd would still let sorcs use the frags cc to time burst but get rid of the back to back 8k+ instacasts.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why is zos nerfing frags nobody in the forums asked to buff rune cage and nerf frags LITERALLY NOBODY. Zos nerf shield stacking with harness and resto ult and pirate skeleton. Not our dps abilities. Sorcs should hit really hard and be really mobile but they should be squishy. Make bound aegis toggleable so we can have it on one bar only and nerf daedric mine damage. Buff power surge and degeneration and buff streak make that go through block instead and have a 25 or30 percent cost increase rather than 50 percent. Also make it to where you can only have 2 shields on your body at max that way shield spam at low health wont be a problem anymore.

@ZOS_Wrobel

Nerf mines? wtf. They cost 5.5k. They should do high dmg. Only thing that needs to be nerfed about them is their duration.

Im not sure if u actually realise that but removing shieldstacking means ur defense becomes mobility and area denial. Thats streak and mines. You will need mines more than ever to keep people off ur back if u want to survive with a 10k shield and 20k hp. Their cost needs to be decreased significantly along with their duration. The dmg is fine
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel Remove unblockable stun from rune cage. You just killed DKs then spit on their corpse. And with all that heavy armour etc nerf, what about shields. They are still broken, but I'm going to guess that is OK because sorcs defense main?

And the ignoring of status effects, Not to mention no sacrifice for running it. Or lack of counters outside of oblivion/bleed (everything) and a set. The CP tree is a joke, if anything it should work as a shield defile/siphoner.

That said, return CC to frags and make mines a multiplying damage
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I would like to see...

Crystal Shard:
    Conjure a dark crystal to bombard an enemy, dealing X Magic Damage and applying minor (or major?) breach for 8 seconds.

Crystal Fragments:
    Casting any other Magicka ability has a 35% chance of causing your next Crystal Fragments to be instant, deal 10% more damage, and cost 50% less Magicka.

Crystal Blast:
    The initial target becomes stunned for 2.4 seconds and also damages enemies near the initial target.

Now we have an option between an instant single targeted debuff proc or a cast time stun with AoE damage and debuff.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the changes :) its no secret that stam builds kill magsorc easy atm

right. permastun is no secret. lock em down and swat em around til they die.

breathtakingly skillful.

• Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

@ZOS_Wrobel

Nerf mines? wtf. They cost 5.5k. They should do high dmg. Only thing that needs to be nerfed about them is their duration.

Im not sure if u actually realise that but removing shieldstacking means ur defense becomes mobility and area denial. Thats streak and mines. You will need mines more than ever to keep people off ur back if u want to survive with a 10k shield and 20k hp. Their cost needs to be decreased significantly along with their duration. The dmg is fine

I already don't use mines and only use two shields on sorc max. I do just fine tbh on my spell damage setups and max magicka setups I don't use harness or dampen magicka at all, sorcs can do just fine with two shields. The buffs that I called for are great. The bound aegis being equipped on one bar is great buff for higher max magicka, streak cost increase lowered and going through block acting as a disorient stun is really good , power surge healing should be buffed by like 2 or 3k. All these are comparable trade offs to nerfing mines and losing one shield from the full 3 shield stack lol. Cause as of right now mines camping and shield spamming is stupefyingly common and unskillful. It encourages people to play cowardly rather than offensive and this game needs more offense.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_Wrobel

I already don't use mines and only use two shields on sorc max. I do just fine tbh on my spell damage setups and max magicka setups I don't use harness or dampen magicka at all, sorcs can do just fine with two shields. The buffs that I called for are great. The bound aegis being equipped on one bar is great buff for higher max magicka, streak cost increase lowered and going through block acting as a disorient stun is really good , power surge healing should be buffed by like 2 or 3k. All these are comparable trade offs to nerfing mines and losing one shield from the full 3 shield stack lol. Cause as of right now mines camping and shield spamming is stupefyingly common and unskillful. It encourages people to play cowardly rather than offensive and this game needs more offense.

Bound Aegis would even then only be worth it by putting it on Overload bar, and choosing Streak over BoL in the first place lowers survivability along with your mines nerf. There's no need to nerf mines... with the power creep catching up, they're once again being simply ignored in most circumstances.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_Wrobel

Just because you dont play with mines it doesnt mean they should be nerfed. Try to be a little more objective next time.

Sorcs chose to drop surge for dark conversion and play with spell power pots instead of just dropping mines for dark conversion. That should tell you enough about the importance of mines. And i dont know what kind of players you play against but i find it hard to believe that they are even semi decent if u do great against them with 20k hp + 10k shield and no mines. No offense but thats the truth.

Mine camping in 1v1 is atrocious against squishy players that cant just take their dmg. But thats because it pairs very well with shieldstacking. Thats what i told you before. That you dont realise how they synergise. Remove shieldstacking means you cant just sit and take the dmg like you do now. Its already hard to do against good players with a lot of sustained dmg. You will constantly have to kite around and use ur mines to keep them away. Thats the idea behind survivability vs mobility and area denial. You dont see normal NB builds sitting and facetanking people. They constantly kite with cloak shadow image and keep people of their back with fear when they get jumped.

Both mines and streak need a significant cost decrease to compensate for the removal of shieldstacking. Bound aegis should be buffed to make it useable. You cant buff surge. It would be OP for stam sorcs. Especially in PVE.

When you suggest balance changes you have to be a little more objective instead of just thinking about ur build personally. If you want to ask for nerfs to compensate for the buffs then ask for the right nerfs. Dark conversion, double curse explosion, implosion, endless fury timer, shieldstacking. Those are the issues with sorcs. Not mines.
    Edited by pieratsos on October 14, 2017 2:22PM
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_Wrobel

Just because you dont play with mines it doesnt mean they should be nerfed. Try to be a little more objective next time.

Sorcs chose to drop surge for dark conversion and play with spell power pots instead of just dropping mines for dark conversion. That should tell you enough about the importance of mines. And i dont know what kind of players you play against but i find it hard to believe that they are even semi decent if u do great against them with 20k hp + 10k shield and no mines. No offense but thats the truth.

Mine camping in 1v1 is atrocious against squishy players that cant just take their dmg. But thats because it pairs very well with shieldstacking. Thats what i told you before. That you dont realise how they synergise. Remove shieldstacking means you cant just sit and take the dmg like you do now. Its already hard to do against good players with a lot of sustained dmg. You will constantly have to kite around and use ur mines to keep them away. Thats the idea behind survivability vs mobility and area denial. You dont see normal NB builds sitting and facetanking people. They constantly kite with cloak shadow image and keep people of their back with fear when they get jumped.

Both mines and streak need a significant cost decrease to compensate for the removal of shieldstacking. Bound aegis should be buffed to make it useable. You cant buff surge. It would be OP for stam sorcs. Especially in PVE.

When you suggest balance changes you have to be a little more objective instead of just thinking about ur build personally. If you want to ask for nerfs to compensate for the buffs then ask for the right nerfs. Dark conversion, double curse explosion, implosion, endless fury timer, shieldstacking. Those are the issues with sorcs. Not mines.

Um what players I go against. Well I would be happy to show you right now you can 1v1 me and I will demonstrate my power quickly without prejudice. I go against very good players in fact .... sorry to say but ive never heard of your name ever in any pvp or dueling platform, I would like to know who you are to say that my playstyle isn't valid. I would love to duel you and see if your comments have any merit behind them. Sorc vs Sorc whisper me @Lord_Invel @pieratsos
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    @pieratsos also I already made another forum post about sorc saying that mines should be nerfed by 50 percent damage or 40 percent and be given a debuff of some sort to the opponent that steps on them. That way they aren't useless and not overpowered.
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    @pieratsos also if you think mines are the only way of defensive kiting .... you should have some vision and knowledge that you can use rune defense and encase just as effectively in fact even better because it snares and stunes for meteor combos.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @pieratsos also if you think mines are the only way of defensive kiting .... you should have some vision and knowledge that you can use rune defense and encase just as effectively in fact even better because it snares and stunes for meteor combos.

It wasnt my intention to doubt ur skill as a player but i was prety sure that you'd take it that way. Sorry for hurting ur epeen. And i am sorry but 20k hp + 10k shield and no mines in open world wont get you really far. You havent heard about me? Well let me put it this way. I have never seen a normal sorc in open world playing with no mines and no shieldstacking and do good. Encase seriously ? Encase over mines in open world. Defensive rune? You do realise that ull need the other morph to have a cc now that frags are getting nerfed? Bars are already very limiting. Where the hell am i gonna put everything.

Also, i didnt say mines are defensive kiting. Maybe you should go back and read again. Mines are area of denial.

The point is this. Mines should not get nerfed just because you personally dont like them and you personally dont use them. They are extremely expensive and the dmg is barely enough to make people think before they step over them. Period
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It wasnt my intention to doubt ur skill as a player but i was prety sure that you'd take it that way. Sorry for hurting ur epeen. And i am sorry but 20k hp + 10k shield and no mines in open world wont get you really far. You havent heard about me? Well let me put it this way. I have never seen a normal sorc in open world playing with no mines and no shieldstacking and do good. Encase seriously ? Encase over mines in open world. Defensive rune? You do realise that ull need the other morph to have a cc now that frags are getting nerfed? Bars are already very limiting. Where the hell am i gonna put everything.

Also, i didnt say mines are defensive kiting. Maybe you should go back and read again. Mines are area of denial.

The point is this. Mines should not get nerfed just because you personally dont like them and you personally dont use them. They are extremely expensive and the dmg is barely enough to make people think before they step over them. Period

If shields are changed:

Make both mines arm instantly and cover a slightly wider area. Make the 3 mine (or even both) morphs deal increasing damage for each subsequent mine hit. Make it punishing for wanting to get close.

Make streak much cheaper. (but have some limiting factor.)

Sorc as the ultramobile class makes sense.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭

in any case that is a topic for debate. but shield stacking is overpowered right now. Which is why zos has still kept in sets that penetrate shields like shieldbreaker and knightslayer. I want zos to remove these sets from game and just make it to where you have 2 shields on your body at maximum that way if you are playing with three shields you will have to carefully decide which shield you want to use in what situations especially when low health. Resto ult has to be 200 ult point cost not 100, streak should have low cost increase penalty and stun through block, bound aegis should be toggled on one bar only, and curse should be blockable and fury needs to be dodgeable again how it used to be. I still think mines should be lower in damage in order for streak to be buffed significantly.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

in any case that is a topic for debate. but shield stacking is overpowered right now. Which is why zos has still kept in sets that penetrate shields like shieldbreaker and knightslayer. I want zos to remove these sets from game and just make it to where you have 2 shields on your body at maximum that way if you are playing with three shields you will have to carefully decide which shield you want to use in what situations especially when low health. Resto ult has to be 200 ult point cost not 100, streak should have low cost increase penalty and stun through block, bound aegis should be toggled on one bar only, and curse should be blockable and fury needs to be dodgeable again how it used to be. I still think mines should be lower in damage in order for streak to be buffed significantly.

I totally agree that shieldstacking should get removed and resto ult nerfed and every bs set like shieldbreaker knightslayer etc.

But mines should not get nerfed. You literally admitted that you dont use them and that they are not needed and yet you insist on nerfing them. That makes zero sense. You are just looking for nerfs on skills you dont use so u personally dont get affected by the nerfs. Thats not balance. Thats ur own selfish opinion.
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭

I totally agree that shieldstacking should get removed and resto ult nerfed and every bs set like shieldbreaker knightslayer etc.

But mines should not get nerfed. You literally admitted that you dont use them and that they are not needed and yet you insist on nerfing them. That makes zero sense. You are just looking for nerfs on skills you dont use so u personally dont get affected by the nerfs. Thats not balance. Thats ur own selfish opinion.

that is not what I'm doing at all... I don't use mines to prove to people that sorc playstyle isn't so one dimensional at all. Instead of pointing the finger at me and saying this is what your doing why don't you ask someone first before passing judgement. I don't play with mines to show others that sorcs can do good without them and that mine camping isn't the only thing there is in the sorc arsenal. Did you ever once care to ask me why I don't use mines? Not at all. No you came on this forum post saying that my point is invalid and that somehow I have a personal buff that I'm seeking for myself that will make me stronger than anyone lol. I hope you realize how stupid the accusation sounds XD
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    that is not what I'm doing at all... I don't use mines to prove to people that sorc playstyle isn't so one dimensional at all. Instead of pointing the finger at me and saying this is what your doing why don't you ask someone first before passing judgement. I don't play with mines to show others that sorcs can do good without them and that mine camping isn't the only thing there is in the sorc arsenal. Did you ever once care to ask me why I don't use mines? Not at all. No you came on this forum post saying that my point is invalid and that somehow I have a personal buff that I'm seeking for myself that will make me stronger than anyone lol. I hope you realize how stupid the accusation sounds XD

You just literally admitted again that mines are not so good and they are not needed and yet again you insist on nerfing them for whatever reason. Do you even realise how stupid that sounds? If its not that good then why do u want it nerfed? To make it useless?

And before you talk about stupid accusations you better look at the mirror. You just accused every sorc of mine camping. Not everyone is using mines that way and mine camping is only really a thing in 1v1.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You just literally admitted again that mines are not so good and they are not needed and yet again you insist on nerfing them for whatever reason. Do you even realise how stupid that sounds? If its not that good then why do u want it nerfed? To make it useless?

And before you talk about stupid accusations you better look at the mirror. You just accused every sorc of mine camping. Not everyone is using mines that way and mine camping is only really a thing in 1v1.

I don´t even understand what this discussion is about.
    Yes there are playstyles where mines isn´t mandatory and they´re vaible. But cutting down mines just does not help diversify the class - it just makes it even more streamlined.

Be glad that mines is one of the very few spells sorc has that are optional and makes for clear differences between builds. It´s one of the spells that´s in a good spot as it´s desireable but not mandatory. How many sorc spells fit that bill?
    Edited by Derra on October 14, 2017 8:27PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes there are playstyles where mines isn´t mandatory and they´re vaible. But cutting down mines just does not help diversify the class - it just makes it even more streamlined.

Be glad that mines is one of the very few spells sorc has that are optional and makes for clear differences between builds. It´s one of the spells that´s in a good spot as it´s desireable but not mandatory. How many sorc spells fit that bill?

Well dont tell that to me. Im not the one asking for a dmg nerf to mines. Apparently the 5.5k cost isnt enough.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well dont tell that to me. Im not the one asking for a dmg nerf to mines. Apparently the 5.5k cost isnt enough.

I´m too dumb to quote correctly.
    <Noricum>

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pieratsos also I already made another forum post about sorc saying that mines should be nerfed by 50 percent damage or 40 percent and be given a debuff of some sort to the opponent that steps on them. That way they aren't useless and not overpowered.

What leads you to believe they are overpowered currently? I have people eat through all of them regularly and take not even one third of their HP bar in dmg.

They´re only a threat for mediumarmor really.
    <Noricum>

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've always been underwhelmed by mines in open world, and have always found something else to be more necessary. (Not useful, necessary)
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • jeskah
    jeskah
    ✭✭✭
    Lets move the discussion back to more important issues: why bound armament is still a dual-bar toggle and while we are at it: is there a reason to raise back may ultimate to 1k (of course because of overload)?