The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Here's the cost comparison (in 5 light + Unholy Knowledge passive)
    PcfSV1E.png
    9VYE6ig.png
    Comes out to a 62.6% cost increase in practice.
    Rune Prison: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 16%.
    1xqtwt.jpg

Hilariously incompetent math/bold faced lies aside, can't say I disagree with this cost increase. It makes sense and brings the cost in line with other hard stuns.

That being said, the whole set of changes is just dumb. Giving an unwanted buff to a skill and then gutting a core class ability to compensate. Unless you consider the alternative. That they were intending to nerf frags from the beginning and offer force rune prison as an alternative, but presented the changes in reverse so as to cull dissent and ensure their way gets implemented with little push back, resistance, or dialogue. If you think about it, they have been doing that a lot lately. I know they don't come up with balance change ideas in the middle of a pts cycle...these things are surely discussed and hammered out in advance. So ask yourself, why have they only in recent patches started releasing balance changes in a staggered manner with major changes being announced towards the end of the pts?

Ultimately it's their game and they can do whatever they want. But this kind of duplicitous and neglectful behavior is unsavory, and not one I am keen on being a patron of.

True.

They did have to come up with a new way to sell their nerfs as the whole "This will be a buff if..." tactic did not work so well.

Instead ZOS is now promoting "much more interesting" choices. :)
    Edited by ToRelax on October 17, 2017 8:04PM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Benemime
    Benemime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I would like some changes:

1. Bound Armor/Bound Aegis/etc

This skill we can still remove the buff by pressing the button, IDK how it is on keyboard, but I play on controller (Xbox One), and when we use the ult, we have to press LB+RB (L1/R1 on Ps4), I slot Bound Aegis on LB/L1, since it's the button that i feel less comfortable to press. My issue is that when we use the Ult, it can eventually cancel Bound Aegis, or maybe on keyboard people press the wrong number and cancels it as well? I'm guessing because I was a pc player myself and I used to do that plenty of times.

The thing is, no one that slots bound aegis on both bars wants to remove the buff. There's no reason to remove. You fixed this issue with pet (now you can only remove the pet on character session), can't u apply the same solution to bound armor/aegis/armaments?

My 2nd suggestion to bound armor might be unpopular between devs especially after sorc nerfs trend but, here it goes:
    Bound armor should be renamed to Summon Daedric Aura/Protection (come on it's not a daedric armor like it used to be) and work as a summoning ability, so we can get the pet passive.
    Edited by Benemime on October 18, 2017 8:10PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    60% cost increase for rune prison? Well, that adds to the skills I can't use or sustain on a stam sorc. Just like most of sorcs toolkit already.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on October 19, 2017 8:58AM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    60% cost increase for rune prison? Well, that adds to the skills I can't use or sustain on a stam sorc. Just like most of sorcs toolkit already.

Why would you? Your CC should come from Wrecking Blow or Streak.
    It's no secret sorc active skills for stamina are a bit limited, but you got the best passives in the game and a few key skills. That not enough?
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

It's no secret sorc active skills for stamina are a bit limited, but you got the best passives in the game and a few key skills. That not enough?

While they are rare, Rune Cage was accessible and useful to DoT based stam builds. Now it would be very expensive... but, so are Petrify and Fear.
    Defensive Rune on the other hand could have been useful to anyone. And that skill would really lose a large part of that usefulness, namely the cc when you are being chased. Now there would probably be a better use for that magicka.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • gammelscroll
    gammelscroll
    ✭✭✭
    next nerf siorc shield
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

While they are rare, Rune Cage was accessible and useful to DoT based stam builds. Now it would be very expensive... but, so are Petrify and Fear.
    Defensive Rune on the other hand could have been useful to anyone. And that skill would really lose a large part of that usefulness, namely the cc when you are being chased. Now there would probably be a better use for that magicka.

Ah, okay. Gotcha.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Rune Prison: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 16%."

"Rune Prison: This ability and its morphs are no longer 30-second disorients. Instead, they are 2.5-second stuns that cannot be blocked or dodged, and they can be placed on multiple targets. This ability and its morphs can also no longer be cast on a crowd-control immune enemy, and we increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 75%."

Well, who would have thought that...
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I theorized that the base for this bad idea with frags off the wreaking blow nerf, one thing missed to the comparison of that shrewd logic is wrecking blow isn't interruptible. Without getting into it to deep, one way to make blast more viable would be to do the same thing.

Also raise our execute thresh by 10%
    Edited by Pinja on October 23, 2017 5:00PM
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    25% more damage to crystal blast ... 2 weeks of debate for this ? We already told that if you don't give us the proc on this morph NOBODY would use this ( except those who don't plan to do engame, maybe it's good cause you like to stun and deal aoe damage ... but it's better to heavy attack and let the pet stun them all after 8 seconds . ) same for PVP ... 25% more damage on something that you can rolldodge / reflect / avoid , and that you see glowing in purple in the sky ... won't make it more interesting. This just seems like you didn't read us :neutral:

even if you nerf crystal frag in the hell ... i would prefer to use clench rather than crystal blast ...
    Edited by Apherius on October 23, 2017 10:29PM