The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    ToRelax wrote: »
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    BohnT wrote: »
    Everyone running a sorc knows that you can totally get by without the stun on crystal frags especially with the changes to Rune prison.

Most of the time you wouldn't even hit someone with the frag stun because almost every enemy you encounter uses Miat.
    The change will be a nerf yes but it will translate into a increase in success for every average sorc.

As you don't have a cc with frags anymore you will use rune prison right before you dish out that frag into curse explosion and mage's wrath proc.
    I see so many sorcs running around using frags on cooldown and failing miserably. It's like trying to hit Assassin's will without a cc before it won't work.
    Now there is a good cc so you definitely don't need another cc as you can't double cc someone. (Of course everything's possible in lag :trollface: )

I know many people will disagree but please sit down for 10 minutes, think about it and then post in this thread again.

And yes remove the stun from incap it's not needed!!

That's not the point.

Can a sorc still do their thing and have success? Yeah. But it's a slap in the face to those people whose main is a sorc. It's a class defining skill. One that worked and everyone used. It was strong, but had many counters. It's precisely the type of skills the game needs more of, not less. The nerf was not necessary. Hell, the 10% less damage nerf from the Morrowind patch was also unnecessary and should be reverted.

You come in this thread and tell people not to worry about the nerf because there's something else they can do - you just sound like one of the many people who spam nerf sorcs threads. If it was your class defining skill getting nerfed, you and everybody else telling sorcs "it ain't too bad, deal with it" would NOT just lie down and accept it. Nobody likes nerfs .... except when they happen to someone else's class, then they somehow are understandable and nothing to get worked over about.

More than that, the whole method of nerfing skills we actually use to make the ones we don;t more "appealing" is an absolute asinine way to go about balancing or "improving" a game. Such a procedure should be heartily discouraged and unambiguously denounced. The game will not get better and it's only a matter of time before it's your class that is "balanced" by making the sucky morph the standard.

Being stuck with sucky morphs is why people quit playing to classes and quit playing ESO. For years I put up with loadscreens, lag, bugs, questionable mechanics, apathetic PvP devs, guilds quitting, friends leaving, etc., because at the end of the day, those classes I chose to play and invest my time in were fun, could do some cool things, and sometimes did awesome things that made me feel powerful. Much of this is already gone and any further slippage down the precipice of homogeneity, bad skills, and boring gameplay should be resisted rather than encouraged.

two words

Reflective Scale
    Scales still reflects tho. A more comparable change would be if Scales was changed from reflect to absorb only (and not the good kind of absorb that absorbs cliff racers and meteors).

To be fair, reflecting is Scales' only purpose. Fragments' main purpose is damage. But, it doesn't make sense arguing about this. Don't know why he brought it up either.

It was a class defining skill that got gutted and now isn't used by most players anymore?

Well it´s one of the two class defining dps abilities.

Its the equivalent to whip/embers. Not really comparable to wings in that regard.

Reflective scales can be compared to bol (which also got nerfed from 6.5s down to 2.5 and is now rarely used bc of that).

You know a while ago they took the stun from whip proc away too yes? I don't agree with either decision. But then again, power whip is free. If they truly are going for homogenization, this might end up happening.
    Edited by ak_pvp on September 30, 2017 2:13PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Everyone running a sorc knows that you can totally get by without the stun on crystal frags especially with the changes to Rune prison.

Most of the time you wouldn't even hit someone with the frag stun because almost every enemy you encounter uses Miat.
    The change will be a nerf yes but it will translate into a increase in success for every average sorc.

As you don't have a cc with frags anymore you will use rune prison right before you dish out that frag into curse explosion and mage's wrath proc.
    I see so many sorcs running around using frags on cooldown and failing miserably. It's like trying to hit Assassin's will without a cc before it won't work.
    Now there is a good cc so you definitely don't need another cc as you can't double cc someone. (Of course everything's possible in lag :trollface: )

I know many people will disagree but please sit down for 10 minutes, think about it and then post in this thread again.

That's not the point.

Can a sorc still do their thing and have success? Yeah. But it's a slap in the face to those people whose main is a sorc. It's a class defining skill. One that worked and everyone used. It was strong, but had many counters. It's precisely the type of skills the game needs more of, not less. The nerf was not necessary. Hell, the 10% less damage nerf from the Morrowind patch was also unnecessary and should be reverted.

You come in this thread and tell people not to worry about the nerf because there's something else they can do - you just sound like one of the many people who spam nerf sorcs threads. If it was your class defining skill getting nerfed, you and everybody else telling sorcs "it ain't too bad, deal with it" would NOT just lie down and accept it. Nobody likes nerfs .... except when they happen to someone else's class, then they somehow are understandable and nothing to get worked over about.

More than that, the whole method of nerfing skills we actually use to make the ones we don;t more "appealing" is an absolute asinine way to go about balancing or "improving" a game. Such a procedure should be heartily discouraged and unambiguously denounced. The game will not get better and it's only a matter of time before it's your class that is "balanced" by making the sucky morph the standard.

Being stuck with sucky morphs is why people quit playing to classes and quit playing ESO. For years I put up with loadscreens, lag, bugs, questionable mechanics, apathetic PvP devs, guilds quitting, friends leaving, etc., because at the end of the day, those classes I chose to play and invest my time in were fun, could do some cool things, and sometimes did awesome things that made me feel powerful. Much of this is already gone and any further slippage down the precipice of homogeneity, bad skills, and boring gameplay should be resisted rather than encouraged.

two words

Reflective Scale
    Scales still reflects tho. A more comparable change would be if Scales was changed from reflect to absorb only (and not the good kind of absorb that absorbs cliff racers and meteors).

To be fair, reflecting is Scales' only purpose. Fragments' main purpose is damage. But, it doesn't make sense arguing about this. Don't know why he brought it up either.

It was a class defining skill that got gutted and now isn't used by most players anymore?

Its the equivalent to whip/embers. Not really comparable to wings in that regard.

Reflective scales can be compared to bol (which also got nerfed from 6.5s down to 2.5 and is now rarely used bc of that).

You know a while ago they took the stun from whip proc away too yes? I don't agree with either decision. But then again, power whip is free. If they truly are going for homogenization, this might end up happening.

powerlash never stunned in pvp/against enemy players - only npcs
    Edited by Derra on September 30, 2017 2:23PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Removing CC from Frags is okay, if Rune Cage doesn't get a cost increase and goes through block and dodge.

This would cost a slot, probably nerfing the Amberplasm set many people complain about. Just can't see a spare slot for Dark Conversion without giving something crucial up.

It would also nerf burst potential, as you'd have to cast a no-damaging CC quite often. People complain about sorc burst a lot, so there you go.

Making Crystal Blast an AoE CC is a terrible idea. Cast time abilities are undesirable for PvP.

I can see Blast being useful in PvE if the damage is high enough. But then I would strongly recommend to not add a CC to the skill, to not interfere with the tank's CCs.

Regardless, completely re-designing Crystal Blast would be much better. There is no real need for expensive cast-time AoE abilities.
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Wrobel wrote: »
    The base stun component is going to be removed from the ability and instead placed on the Crystal Blast morph. This will make the choice between Crystal Fragments and Crystal Blast much more interesting as you are choosing between a CC and AoE damage vs. increased burst damage.[/b]

No. I can only echo what others have already said. This is making an interesting ability that takes skill to use less interesting, and the useless morph is still useless, mostly because of the cast time.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frags loosing the CC is a good change imho.. it was very powerful.. and sorc still has streak/BoL to stun... though I agree with most that Crystal Blast still won't be used.. maybe it should be a Crystal Frags copy that still gives CC but looses the cheaper cost and extra damage on proc. Then it would be a choice between CC or higher burst.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

That's not the point.

two words

Reflective Scale

powerlash never stunned in pvp/against enemy players - only npcs

Maybe i am missremembering. Iirc when they added the stun it was for any target, which was then changed quickly.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Frags loosing the CC is a good change imho.. it was very powerful.. and sorc still has streak/BoL to stun... though I agree with most that Crystal Blast still won't be used.. maybe it should be a Crystal Frags copy that still gives CC but looses the cheaper cost and extra damage on proc. Then it would be a choice between CC or higher burst.

Streak and BoL have high cost(3k mag) and a cost increase(5k after first use) so you really have to be careful to use them as cc and they do not fit so well into range combat of sorcs. (Don't get me wrong they work well as cc but more as an backup option if you can't cc your opponent normally e.g dodge roll spammers) Taking off the cc of cfrags and sorcs will lose alot of pressure in pvp since enemies now can instant heal after getting hit instead of needing to cc break first(less counter play from enemies needed as long as it doesn't one shot they can instantly heal up no blocking and dodging needed). Sorcs need to give up another skill to slot a real cc and the burst combo will now be harder to get off in open field pvp(you have to get another skill in before you use your combo).
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have a point. I must admit i was salty at first but after reading and pondering changes made the last few patches. Sorcs are moving more towards a jack of all trades..which has always been the hallmark of the sorc class. They are versatile with having skills like boundless storm comparable to dk hardened armor, encase being a weaker version of talons, rune cage and petrify, now blast is being changed to be more in line with fear allowing a multiple target stun so 3 players will face tank all of your damage. It would seem to be much easier now to throw a crystal blast stun 3 players..throw down mines on top of them. Throw down encase then crystal balst again then fury for the kill. Blast, mines/liquid lighting/ wall of elements procing off balance and concussion hmmm. The frag changes havent takin effect but some testing is in order. This could be a very strong cc in our tool kit maybe the best?? Not sure at the moment but curiosity is there nonetheless

You know that Crystal Blast only stuns the main target?

And about the "jack of all trades" argument. How would your skill bars look like?

Hardened Ward, Rune Prison, Crystal Blast/Frag, Mage's Wrath, Curse
    Healing Ward, Streak, Dark Conversion, Encase, Boundless Storm

Or on a Pet build?

Pet, Ward, Prison, Crystal, Wrath
    Pet, Streak, Conversion, Curse, Boundless Storm

I don't buy it. No room for a spam, HoT, , Bound Armor, Mage Light pets or second ward. Not enough room to be a jack of all trades. Not to mention that these highly mobile builds with high regen are not the same builds that "facetank" agroup (if that would be even possible) and burst you down in one rotation.

Blast is an AOE stun now meaning multiple targets. Frag was single target.
    Sorcs have 3 bars to add abilities which is more than i can say for any other class...i wasnt talking about slotting every skill from the menu either. If you dont have room dont use the d*** skill. I was trying to say that sorc has and is still getting skills from other classes. If you have played the other classes, sorc has more "borrowed" skills from other classes than others. Bars in pve and pvp will be different of course but mine are as follows:

PVE.
    Bar1: Force pulse
    Pulsar
    Liquid lightning
    Elemental Blockade
    Inner light
    Eye of storm

Bar2: Mages wrath
    Hardened ward
    Dark conversion
    Power surge
    Boundless storm
    Overload

Overload bar: encase
    Hardned ward
    Daedric minefield
    Haunting curse
    Rune prison (the one where you can apply endless dots for 25s)

Pvp
    Frags (soon to be the new crystal blast)
    Destructuve Reach
    Haunting curse
    Wrath
    Overload
    Bar2: blessing of protection (the only burst heal for sorcs)
    Hardened ward
    Rune prison
    Encase
    Entropy
    Lights champion/negate
    Overload bar
    Dark conversion
    Streak
    Harness magicka
    Boundless storm
    Rapid maneuver

Blast is not gonna be an AOE stun dude. It's just AOE damage, single target stun on the person it hits.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »

You have a point. I must admit i was salty at first but after reading and pondering changes made the last few patches. Sorcs are moving more towards a jack of all trades..which has always been the hallmark of the sorc class. They are versatile with having skills like boundless storm comparable to dk hardened armor, encase being a weaker version of talons, rune cage and petrify, now blast is being changed to be more in line with fear allowing a multiple target stun so 3 players will face tank all of your damage. It would seem to be much easier now to throw a crystal blast stun 3 players..throw down mines on top of them. Throw down encase then crystal balst again then fury for the kill. Blast, mines/liquid lighting/ wall of elements procing off balance and concussion hmmm. The frag changes havent takin effect but some testing is in order. This could be a very strong cc in our tool kit maybe the best?? Not sure at the moment but curiosity is there nonetheless

And about the "jack of all trades" argument. How would your skill bars look like?

Or on a Pet build?

I don't buy it. No room for a spam, HoT, , Bound Armor, Mage Light pets or second ward. Not enough room to be a jack of all trades. Not to mention that these highly mobile builds with high regen are not the same builds that "facetank" agroup (if that would be even possible) and burst you down in one rotation.

Sorcs have 3 bars to add abilities which is more than i can say for any other class...i wasnt talking about slotting every skill from the menu either. If you dont have room dont use the d*** skill. I was trying to say that sorc has and is still getting skills from other classes. If you have played the other classes, sorc has more "borrowed" skills from other classes than others. Bars in pve and pvp will be different of course but mine are as follows:

PVE.
    Pulsar
    Liquid lightning
    Elemental Blockade
    Inner light
    Eye of storm

Hardened ward
    Dark conversion
    Power surge
    Boundless storm
    Overload

Hardned ward
    Daedric minefield
    Haunting curse

Pvp
    Destructuve Reach
    Haunting curse
    Wrath
    Overload
    Hardened ward
    Rune prison
    Encase
    Entropy
    Lights champion/negate
    Overload bar
    Dark conversion
    Streak
    Harness magicka
    Boundless storm
    Rapid maneuver

Blast is not gonna be an AOE stun dude. It's just AOE damage, single target stun on the person it hits.

IF it hit the person ,cause you can rolldodge the frag or reflect it.
    Edited by Apherius on September 30, 2017 6:48PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In overworld PvE, Frags in its traditional orm is an iconic skill that's a lot of fun. RIP.

In endgame PvE, Crystal Frags has already fallen off of many sorcerers' skill bars. A nerf is not needed.

• Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @wrobel

3 month = Fix of the bull netch bug ?

3 years and ....
    2uhlq83.jpg
    2njhnxi.jpg
    dg1buv.jpg
    2z9cmq0.jpg
    2wf4ks0.jpg
    2q068gm.jpg
    30coshh.jpg
    14tq1ys.jpg
    1zn0t5k.jpg
    2q1doac.jpg
    2qm0suq.jpg
    291njux.jpg
    kcg9w.jpg
    2m369dy.jpg
    First the pet is stuck behind a tree.
    674021InkedScreenshot20170803224314LI.jpg
    THEN the pet is stuck behind the texture , stuckX2
    623448InkedScreenshot20170803224330LI.jpg
    121336InkedScreenshot20170804143106LI.jpg
    275187Screenshot20170822150452LI.jpg
    672776InkedScreenshot20170930163822LI.jpg
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing about Frags was that if you were able to land it on a non-dodging non-blocking opponent just before Curse went off, and that got them low enough for Endless Fury to proc, they would be unable to block those because of the CC from Frags. If you did the same combo with what is proposed, they could just block or dodge all/any of it.

So it forces the use of Rune Prison / Streak / Dawnbreaker preemptively. I tested breaking free with a buddy and Frags usually will land before the player can block, but it's very close, so your timing has to be spot on.
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭

Or on a Pet build?

PVE.
    Pulsar
    Liquid lightning
    Elemental Blockade
    Inner light
    Eye of storm

Hardened ward
    Dark conversion
    Power surge
    Boundless storm
    Overload

Hardned ward
    Daedric minefield
    Haunting curse

Pvp
    Destructuve Reach
    Haunting curse
    Wrath
    Overload
    Hardened ward
    Rune prison
    Encase
    Entropy
    Lights champion/negate
    Overload bar
    Dark conversion
    Streak
    Harness magicka
    Boundless storm
    Rapid maneuver

The skill doesnt technically exist yet because the changes haven't been made...so how are you sure about it?
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    That migjt be how the skill used to work..but he literally said AOE stun not stun one person and damage the rest
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not much to say. Honestly the way we are going about balancing stuff right now won't sit well with anyone.

We are following this philosophy that skills/morphs which are not on par can be made viable by nerfing the better option rather than buffing the weaker option. We have gotten to the point where they actually just nerfed Crystal Fragments. Ridiculous. Now I see why removing the CC from Spear Shards altogether was okay to them.
    Edited by Vaoh on September 30, 2017 8:56PM
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    @wrobel

3 month = Fix of the bull netch bug ?

3 years and ....
    2uhlq83.jpg
    2njhnxi.jpg
    dg1buv.jpg
    2z9cmq0.jpg
    2wf4ks0.jpg
    2q068gm.jpg
    30coshh.jpg
    14tq1ys.jpg
    1zn0t5k.jpg
    2q1doac.jpg
    2qm0suq.jpg
    291njux.jpg
    kcg9w.jpg
    2m369dy.jpg
    First the pet is stuck behind a tree.
    674021InkedScreenshot20170803224314LI.jpg
    THEN the pet is stuck behind the texture , stuckX2
    623448InkedScreenshot20170803224330LI.jpg
    121336InkedScreenshot20170804143106LI.jpg
    275187Screenshot20170822150452LI.jpg
    672776InkedScreenshot20170930163822LI.jpg

LOL
    i was looking if i also have also some pics of pets doing stupid *** things like that but seems i deleted them. Was quite funny to see 5 pets floating in the air above manti in SO. (Also pets getting stuck in pvp but and you are out of range the pet is actually unkillable since it has insane hp reg because it is somehow set out of combat. Not sure if they fixed it since pet sorcs are quite rare in pvp)
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    If certain things are adressed and it is an actual mutli target stun this will be strong...he also mentioned more burst damage when referring to the frag morph. Sorcs can rest tho because it part of a plan and not yet implemented. Aoe stun good..1 sec cast bad...frags with no stun meh...more burst damage for frags good
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That migjt be how the skill used to work..but he literally said AOE stun not stun one person and damage the rest

Literally you say?
    In addition, we’ve been evaluating the Crystal Shard skill line and its morphs and are planning to make some adjustments. The base stun component is going to be removed from the ability and instead placed on the Crystal Blast morph. This will make the choice between Crystal Fragments and Crystal Blast much more interesting as you are choosing between a CC and AoE damage vs. increased burst damage.

Seems pretty clear to me it's not going to be an AOE stun.
    Edited by Dymence on September 30, 2017 9:11PM
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭

Literally you say?
    In addition, we’ve been evaluating the Crystal Shard skill line and its morphs and are planning to make some adjustments. The base stun component is going to be removed from the ability and instead placed on the Crystal Blast morph. This will make the choice between Crystal Fragments and Crystal Blast much more interesting as you are choosing between a CC and AoE damage vs. increased burst damage.

I think it will be..the frag was one shard with 1 stun...it is removed and then reapplied to the 3 shards blast provides..simple logic.
    @wrobel any thoughts?
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Since rune prison can now be applied to multiple targets...and IF crystal blast can stun multiple targets they essentially do the same thing eliminating the need for one another right? Rune prison 3 people and then use crystal blast on three people would be the same effect. If blast was an insta cast there would be no need for the stun. I would rune prison 3 times..by the time i got to the 3rd player the 1st one would be back up ( or make it talons like ability where it casts a radius) or a conal like encase. I get my insta cast proc for blast, then follow up with fury. The only thing missing is a skill like inevitable det..but again cast time is too long and the damage has been drastically reduced. curse can only be applied to 1 target. Burst potential with multiple targets is difficult because we have 2 peices of the puzzle. Multiple target run prison.check..a multi target frag.check..now we just need a multi target curse...i got nothin
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Literally you say?

I think it will be..the frag was one shard with 1 stun...it is removed and then reapplied to the 3 shards blast provides..simple logic.
    @wrobel any thoughts?
    But why do you think that? Literally the only change Wrobel specified was removing the CC from Frags and the base skill. His description of Crystal Blast is verbatim the same as Live "a CC and AoE dmaage" - 'a' signifying one single CC. Not "AoE CC and damage". Likewise "increased burst damage" does not mean the Frags morph is getting any boost, it's simply the description of the 10% dmg boost that morph already has.

Even if Blast is changed to apply the stun to all targets hit, it's still a trash interruptable cast time ability. If I wanted an AoE stun I'd just use Streak.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Wrobel wrote: »
    This will make the choice between Crystal Fragments and Crystal Blast much more interesting as you are choosing between a CC and AoE damage vs. increased burst damage.

the choice ISN'T between CC and aoe damage VS increased burst damage ... this is between Proc skill and Cast skill.

Between , when i say this i'm not saying that remove the proc would make crystal blast more interesting choice ,NO and NO . and i'm not saying that you should remove the burst damage and put it on crystal blast , HELL NO , nerf the crystal frag won't make the other morph interesting ... this morph just need a buff !

Edited by Apherius on September 30, 2017 10:03PM
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your first picture, @Apherius - players can also get up there easily. It's quite entertaining, actually.

On a more relevant note. This change is expected and in-line with previous nerfs to other skills. They want to make both morphs viable in different ways. Want utility? Go Crystal Blast. Want damage? Go Frags. It was an expected change and it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, really. It got the same treatment as shards(templar-shards) did.

Choose utility or choose damage. Choice is yours. Time to embrace the templar-pain and run Invigorating drain as your main CC :^
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In your first picture, @Apherius - players can also get up there easily. It's quite entertaining, actually.

On a more relevant note. This change is expected and in-line with previous nerfs to other skills. They want to make both morphs viable in different ways. Want utility? Go Crystal Blast. Want damage? Go Frags. It was an expected change and it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, really. It got the same treatment as shards(templar-shards) did.

Choose utility or choose damage. Choice is yours. Time to embrace the templar-pain and run Invigorating drain as your main CC :^

can you stop justify nerf by quoting other class nerf ? we can't compare class, while the difference between sorc heal and templar heal is ... i don't have any word for this cause it's to big ... the difference between sorc dd and templar dd is not that big.

If i remember correctly they increased the duration of the shard after they removed the CC ? I'm right ? ( i'm not templar so maybe i'm wrong ) while they didn't even buff Crystal frag cause apparently the " CC " is still there even if he is lock behind a morph that nobody will ever use.

between , do you think a 1 sec cast is what we can call " utility " xDD , the cast time + enemie players using Miat's make this morph even more garbage cause you can just rolldoge it .

from a sorc perspective i see this like a choice between a instant skill less easy to avoid with rolldodge ( even if this still easy with miat -_-) and a ... potatoe , this don't even deserve to be called " morph " it's an abomination. if any of you decide to use this morph ... have fun with the potatoe spam build.
    Edited by Apherius on September 30, 2017 10:22PM
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭

Literally you say?

@wrobel any thoughts?
    But why do you think that? Literally the only change Wrobel specified was removing the CC from Frags and the base skill. His description of Crystal Blast is verbatim the same as Live "a CC and AoE dmaage" - 'a' signifying one single CC. Not "AoE CC and damage". Likewise "increased burst damage" does not mean the Frags morph is getting any boost, it's simply the description of the 10% dmg boost that morph already has.

Even if Blast is changed to apply the stun to all targets hit, it's still a trash interruptable cast time ability. If I wanted an AoE stun I'd just use Streak.

Scroll up and re read the post. You even copied and pasted what he said and still missed it. He says quote "the base stun component is going to be removed from the ability and instead placed on the blast morph". Each shard will have cc ability. Obviously we both play sorcs and this change sucks but quit telling me what its going to be if you dont know yourself. I am simply trying to find out if in fact this will be true or not true. Either way its theory as of right now. If you read what he said in a literal since (you might need to twice) 1frag=1stun okay now i am going to blow your mind ready....3 frags= 3stuns. But noone knows its THEORY not fact yet. It may or may not be. What he said sounds its possible to me.

Literally you say?

@wrobel any thoughts?

Also if he was stating the damage boost frag already had he would not have said MORE burst damage. He would have said you will need to choose between burst damage or aoe damage..but blast is getting a stun possibly 1 or 3 its a stun. Frags will still be bursty either way
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Literally you say?

@wrobel any thoughts?

Scroll up and re read the post. You even copied and pasted what he said and still missed it. He says quote "the base stun component is going to be removed from the ability and instead placed on the blast morph". Each shard will have cc ability. Obviously we both play sorcs and this change sucks but quit telling me what its going to be if you dont know yourself. I am simply trying to find out if in fact this will be true or not true. Either way its theory as of right now. If you read what he said in a literal since (you might need to twice) 1frag=1stun okay now i am going to blow your mind ready....3 frags= 3stuns. But noone knows its THEORY not fact yet. It may or may not be. What he said sounds its possible to me.

Literally you say?

@wrobel any thoughts?

Also if he was stating the damage boost frag already had he would not have said MORE burst damage. He would have said you will need to choose between burst damage or aoe damage..but blast is getting a stun possibly 1 or 3 its a stun. Frags will still be bursty either way

I don't even know why you think blast throws 3 frags.

Anyways, regardless of how many people it would stun, as people keep pointing out it would still be a trash skill. Simply because it takes ages to fire off and is interruptable.
    Edited by Dymence on September 30, 2017 11:26PM
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    Give stam sorcs a new move! The class has been so stagnate and only one stam move, hurricane, in which to do damage with. Wardens, nightblade, and templars have several very viable stamina morphs. Dragon knights and sorcerers have only two stamina morphs period. You can do better zos.
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

can you stop justify nerf by quoting other class nerf ? we can't compare class, while the difference between sorc heal and templar heal is ... i don't have any word for this cause it's to big ... the difference between sorc dd and templar dd is not that big.

If i remember correctly they increased the duration of the shard after they removed the CC ? I'm right ? ( i'm not templar so maybe i'm wrong ) while they didn't even buff Crystal frag cause apparently the " CC " is still there even if he is lock behind a morph that nobody will ever use.

between , do you think a 1 sec cast is what we can call " utility " xDD , the cast time + enemie players using Miat's make this morph even more garbage cause you can just rolldoge it .

from a sorc perspective i see this like a choice between a instant skill less easy to avoid with rolldodge ( even if this still easy with miat -_-) and a ... potatoe , this don't even deserve to be called " morph " it's an abomination. if any of you decide to use this morph ... have fun with the potatoe spam build.

I'm just saying it's happened before - and there is absolutely no reason why frags shouldn't get the same treatment. If I'm not mistaken, they're considering increasing the damage of a frag by a bit - to compensate for the lack of stun.
    Well - there's other abilities with cast time that still gets used. You just have to have some awareness.
    So you're referring to PvP, that's cool, that I know: So you're saying a skill should have insane damage + stun? When sorcs(good ones, mind you) usually streak you before they launch their combo to get unblocked frags in? Sure it's nice to 7k-frag and stun, that poor stamina sorcerer streaking away to escape. :^

You can also dodge Dark Flare, Clench, Javelin, Stone fist... etcetcetc. It doesnt change a thing.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Uranamor
    Uranamor
    ✭✭✭
    Time to get out of cyrodiil.
    Put my pets on, and only duell ppl in Citys.
    Cause pets in Cyro... :disappointed:

Gildenmeister und Raidlead von:
    Reyn-til-Runa
    PC/EU

Uranamor Envìnyatar - Magicka Zauberer [Main:32840 Errungenschaftspunkte]
    Makelloser Eroberer - Dro-m' Athra Zerstörer - Divayth Fyrs Gehilfe - Stimme der Vernunft - Meisterangler - Ehemaliger Kaiser
    PvP Rang: 35 Palatin

PvE
    Ätherisches Archiv Vet+ HM - Abgeschlossen
    Zitadelle von Hel Ra Vet + HM - Abgeschlossen
    Sanctum Ophidia Vet + HM - Abgeschlossen
    Schlund von Lorkhaj Vet + HM - Abgeschlossen
    Hallen der Fertigung Vet + HM - Abgeschlossen
    Anstalt Sanctorium Vet + HM - Abgeschlossen
    Wolkenruh Vet +2 - Abgeschlossen

• FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry lol

Did you just compare TEMPLAR damage to Sorcerer?

Magicka Templar has not only some of the worst damage of all magicka classes in PvE, but its PvP damage is heavily hindered by the fact that most classes (including Sorcerers) can dance around Templars without ever getting hit by a single Puncturing Sweep, and Ball of Lightning often completely prevents BOTH Templar stuns (Aurora Javelin and Toppling Charge) from ever reaching a Sorcerer, let alone creating enough of a window to burst their shield stacks down and maintain enough pressue to execute before another Ball of Lightning stuns that Templar.