The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer

• LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Wrobel wrote: »
    In addition, we’ve been evaluating the Crystal Shard skill line and its morphs and are planning to make some adjustments. The base stun component is going to be removed from the ability and instead placed on the Crystal Blast morph. This will make the choice between Crystal Fragments and Crystal Blast much more interesting as you are choosing between a CC and AoE damage vs. increased burst damage.

Thanks for taking the time to hop on the PTS and test out the changes so far!

:(
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We’d like to touch on a couple things we’re looking to iterate on for this class. First, some of you have mentioned that the Summon Charged Atronach AoE can occasionally miss targets that are right next to it. To address this, we plan to change the AoE pattern to a single circle instead of 5 small circles. We’ve also seen reports of an issue with Overload where the bound armor can persist even when it’s not on your bar; we’re investigating this issue.

Lastly, we’ve seen some of you mention that the new Rune Prison is quite powerful in PVP - we’re looking at adjusting the cost to help counter this. In addition, we’ve been evaluating the Crystal Shard skill line and its morphs and are planning to make some adjustments. The base stun component is going to be removed from the ability and instead placed on the Crystal Blast morph. This will make the choice between Crystal Fragments and Crystal Blast much more interesting as you are choosing between a CC and AoE damage vs. increased burst damage.

... I just don't know what to say ... looking at your responses in the threads concerning other classes it seems it's better not to give feedback at all. At least good skills would remain good... You completely missed the point. Again.
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    We’d like to touch on a couple things we’re looking to iterate on for this class. First, some of you have mentioned that the Summon Charged Atronach AoE can occasionally miss targets that are right next to it. To address this, we plan to change the AoE pattern to a single circle instead of 5 small circles. We’ve also seen reports of an issue with Overload where the bound armor can persist even when it’s not on your bar; we’re investigating this issue.

Lastly, we’ve seen some of you mention that the new Rune Prison is quite powerful in PVP - we’re looking at adjusting the cost to help counter this. In addition, we’ve been evaluating the Crystal Shard skill line and its morphs and are planning to make some adjustments. The base stun component is going to be removed from the ability and instead placed on the Crystal Blast morph. This will make the choice between Crystal Fragments and Crystal Blast much more interesting as you are choosing between a CC and AoE damage vs. increased burst damage.

... I just don't know what to say ... looking at your responses in the threads concerning other classes it seems it's better not to give feedback at all. At least good skills would remain good... You completely missed the point. Again.

THIS

I mean... you are kidding Mr. Wrobel, right?... What's happening??? :disappointed:
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch. I guess that whole "more buffs to weak things and less nerfs to strong things" message is just not something the dev team wants to hear.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

lol.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

K , time to throw the sorcerer on the Void , thank a lot.

Serisouly ... nobody will use crystal blast NOBODY, sorc will use the crystal who proc UNTIL THE END OF THE TIME. Ok , after this quick comment i will try to be useful on this post , and this is what i purpose.
    • Crystal Fragments: Conjure dark crystals to bombard an ennemy dealing X magic damage, Casting any other magicka ability has a 35% chance of causing your next crystals fragments to be instant, deal 20% more damage and cost 50% less magicka, also damage ennemies near the initial target for X magic damage
    • Crystal Blast : Conjure dark crystals to bombard an ennemy dealing X magic damage and stunning them for 2 sec, Casting any other magicka ability has a 35% chance of causing your next crystals fragments to be instant , deal 20% more damage and cost 50% less magicka.

What I mean is that both crystal should proc , one should stun the target the the other one deal more damage to ennemies in the area , like this we have a PVE and a PVP frag and everybody is happy ( except the sorc haters)
    You should really think about the crystal proc ( i mean ... no , don't remove the crystal proc ,noooooooooooooo , just try to make the crystal blast useful without making the other one garbage )

I'M CALLING FOR ALL THE SORC TO COME HERE, WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THE FRAG. This is time to judge the sorc, Throw it into the void and thank wrobel ? or save him ? ( only the rune prison cost should be increased , this nerf is enough)

Edited by Apherius on September 29, 2017 6:52PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deleted, because already covered. Frags not having CC on it is kinda funny. A magic-rock-crystal to the face not knocking you over?
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on September 29, 2017 6:53PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

Well, at this point i just find it funny. Atleast we will no longer see any comments of op sorc in pvp and now you really need rune prison for pvp.

Also funny that there was no word about the general dps difference between mag and stam chars in trials(10-20%), which is at the moment at the point where mag dds are mostly there to give debuffs to bosses to boost stam dps more or just needed for mechanics or destros.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean even if you take away the stun from crystal fragments, no one in their right mind is going to choose crystal blast as it's designed for how PvP works currently.

Taking away the stun on crystal fragments is a joke of a change. Just admit you messed up the design of crystal blast and turn it into a stamina melee morph for the stamsorc kids, and let both have the stun.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    here you go sorc ,there is a lot of place here ,you can throw your sorc at the left or at the right , and create a NB .
    202885Screenshot20170611145922.png
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭

The only reason people dont use cystal blast is the cast time. Fear and getting 200% damage increase while striking from stealth with an on demand invisibilty skill is the problem in pvp and NB can fear half a group now. Rune prison was a good balance move towards dk talons. I am on console so testing is left to reading forums. Sorcs have 4 skills to burst opponents, the stun from instant cast frags is very important. Once stam players get close its over for sorcs. But i did see increased burst damage :)
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only reason people dont use cystal blast is the cast time. Fear and getting 200% damage increase while striking from stealth with an on demand invisibilty skill is the problem in pvp and NB can fear half a group now. Rune prison was a good balance move towards dk talons. I am on console so testing is left to reading forums. Sorcs have 4 skills to burst opponents, the stun from instant cast frags is very important. Once stam players get close its over for sorcs. But i did see increased burst damage :)

This might not be a terrible idea, it might give cc to everyone in the AOE blast area.

Damnit my templar wants this instead of solar barrage! Lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    solo sorcs: we don't want to use rune prison because we have tight bar space
    zos: make space for rune prison or you'll have no hard CC

• xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    I think what wrobel is trying to say is, he is tired of everyone telling him what he should do to his game and the fact that people are never happy with anything the dev team does. Constructive feedback was needed...not a bunch of bickering and fighting amongst the eso community.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still nobody will use crystal blast.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Still nobody will use crystal blast.

Welcome to the templars world! :)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the changes I would have suggested (nerfs or buffs).

Time to adapt and overcome once again.

But for some serious changes, aside from the jokes, can we destroy destro ult and make it have smaller scale uses or something completely different as it is now.

Options:
    -scale like prox det
    -diff effects based on staff type
    1. Inferno single target fireball does initial damage and applies a mark giving the caster minor beserk to the target.
    2. Lightning is a conal shock stun with initial damage (db type)
    3. Ice creates frost ripples in an aoe that root and deal damage for every one that hits the enemy. Dealing substantially less per each one that hits (ice atro in ic)

Irylia, goblin mag sorc main
    Edited by Irylia on September 30, 2017 4:00AM
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty backwards way to go about making a morph competitive. No one will use Crystal Blast even after this change because the core issues with the skill remain in context of the class and how it plays. If you're gonna go down this route, the skill needs additional buffs to be competitive. As it stands, based on the implied changes, I don't see sorc being competitive at all in even 1v1 match ups. I still plan to make mine work open world though.

My only request is that if the CC from frags is removed, then rune cage not have its cost increased. Sorcs need a viable stun to function. Either nerf frags or nerf rune cage, but nerfing both is excessive.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    w0t.

Though the stun from frags was often blocked, it was still sometime crutch against stopping another bursty class i.e. magblade. No one uses cast time abilities. Also, the cost on rune prison probably won't make it worse than DKs, since DK stun is now melee. For some reason... Well done at another solid job.

Nerf shields.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    Not the changes I would have suggested (nerfs or buffs).

Time to adapt and overcome once again.

But for some serious changes, aside from the jokes, can we destroy destro ult and make it have smaller scale uses or something completely different as it is now.

Options:
    -scale like prox det
    -diff effects based on staff type
    1. Inferno single target fireball does initial damage and applies a mark giving the caster minor beserk to the target.
    2. Lightning is a conal shock stun with initial damage (db type)
    3. Ice creates frost ripples in an aoe that root and deal damage for every one that hits the enemy. Dealin subsequentially less per each one that hits (ice atro in ic)

Irylia, goblin mag sorc main

I wish people would stop asking for nerfs. Everyone that dies to a skill comes on these forums wants everything nerfed. Tired of reading about it honestly
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Double the damage of Crystal Blast and I'd consider using it.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a skill with a long cast time won't make people use it unless it is worth it
    Taking the stun away from the base skill and the frags morph and increasing the cost of rune is a double nerf that is really not needed :(
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hskbret best sorc NA.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wrobel We seem to be having a communication issue. You don't make more interesting choices for a morph by nerfing the most highly chosen morph in the hopes that the other morph suddenly looks better.

The choice is not between CC + AoE and single target burst... the current choice is between CAST TIME CC + AoE, and instant cast CC.

Note: it's the cast time that is the perceived problem that people can't move past, and that does not change by nerfing crystal frag... it just nerfs crystal frag.
    Apherius wrote: »
    • Crystal Fragments: Conjure dark crystals to bombard an ennemy dealing X magic damage, Casting any other magicka ability has a 35% chance of causing your next crystals fragments to be instant, deal 20% more damage and cost 50% less magicka, also damage ennemies near the initial target for X magic damage
    • Crystal Blast : Conjure dark crystals to bombard an ennemy dealing X magic damage and stunning them for 2 sec, Casting any other magicka ability has a 35% chance of causing your next crystals fragments to be instant , deal 20% more damage and cost 50% less magicka.

THIS is a change that makes for a decent choice. Both morphs gain an instant cast 50% cost reduction and damage increase proc, BUT crystal frag has a CC, and crystal blast deals AoE damage but no CC.

This immediately makes frags look more appealing on average for pvp, and blast look more appealing on average for pve.

@Wrobel I encourage you to reconsider the specific changes you suggested for crystal frags
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frags... :'(
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what wrobel is trying to say is, he is tired of everyone telling him what he should do to his game and the fact that people are never happy with anything the dev team does. Constructive feedback was needed...not a bunch of bickering and fighting amongst the eso community.
    Frags not having CC on it is kinda funny. A magic-rock-crystal to the face not knocking you over?

I think what Wrobel is trying to say, even if not intentionally, is that his team does not have an overall template for the classes and skills. They balance and tweak them against each other solely based on how they play against each other, and they don't really have a baseline design for the skills.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »

@Wrobel We seem to be having a communication issue. You don't make more interesting choices for a morph by nerfing the most highly chosen morph in the hopes that the other morph suddenly looks better.

The choice is not between CC + AoE and single target burst... the current choice is between CAST TIME CC + AoE, and instant cast CC.

Note: it's the cast time that is the perceived problem that people can't move past, and that does not change by nerfing crystal frag... it just nerfs crystal frag.
    Apherius wrote: »

THIS is a change that makes for a decent choice. Both morphs gain an instant cast 50% cost reduction and damage increase proc, BUT crystal frag has a CC, and crystal blast deals AoE damage but no CC.

This immediately makes frags look more appealing on average for pvp, and blast look more appealing on average for pve.

@Wrobel I encourage you to reconsider the specific changes you suggested for crystal frags

^ What he said.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for a moment, let's imagine an ESO where every skill with a cast time is converted into either an instant cast ability or a channel, and a heavy attack on any weapon takes 1.2 seconds to complete (with appropriate rebalancing to damage/regen of skills and weapon attacks, obviously).

Can you say "fast-paced gameplay"?
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am all for sorc nerfs as the other guy ;) but when will ZoS finally realize that people
    1. do not want to use cast time abilities
    2. can not use cast time abilities (both with and without existence of Miat addon)

dark flare, snipe, crystal blast... what do they have in common other than cast time? Smart people do not use them (unless they have to because you did not give them any other tool)
    Edited by SodanTok on September 29, 2017 9:25PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition, we’ve been evaluating the Crystal Shard skill line and its morphs and are planning to make some adjustments. The base stun component is going to be removed from the ability and instead placed on the Crystal Blast morph. This will make the choice between Crystal Fragments and Crystal Blast much more interesting as you are choosing between a CC and AoE damage vs. increased burst damage.

@ZOS_Wrobel ... Please reconsider. This is an early stun for new characters, and new players, that allows them to trade some casting time for the ability to gain control over multiple attackers. It is one of the first skills I take for all new Sorcerer characters because the stun significantly aids lower level characters.
    Edited by Elsonso on September 29, 2017 9:24PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus