The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Transmutation

• Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    I have a question

When the item is transmute, he become bound to the account ?

Yes.

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    I have a question

When the item is transmute, he become bound to the account ?

Yes, you can't give it to a friend to transmute or sell it in a guild store later.
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep just because I don't do much vet level content doesn't mean that I don't get gear that I don't want to change traits on. If you think pugging vet dungeons now is bad I think it is going to be even worse because the number of sub 160 players in the que is going to increased. Made it to cp 10. Got to get the stones, got to que for random, random mostly puts you in a dlc dungeon.

Except there's no real reason to retrait an item before CP160. Hells, you'll outlevel it before you get enough crystals to do so. That's not a "this system isn't meant for you," it's a "maybe that's not the best use of limited resources and you should hold off a bit."

Regarding the claim that it might ruin the BoE economy (which I think would be awesome- 100-200k per weapon is just stupid to me), what it would probably do is homogonize the prices more. The crappy traits would increase in price, while the expensive bunch would decrease somewhat. With more traits being worth a similar amount, you may even make more, while we wouldn't have to pay as much as a medium-sized house for weapons. Yay!

(I really hate the choice between grinding my face off for overland weapons or spending most of my discretionary income on them. Can't you tell? Granted, I suppose it's mostly a matter of juggling gear sets and not using 2 overland to avoid it.)

This should eventually when I get enough crystals for it after retraiting a velidreth mask assist with my SPC set, as I have an impen sash and gloves and Kena's unique powered lightning staff (this will work on unique weapons, too, right, @ZOS_GinaBruno ?). Getting the sash and gloves in the right trait outright is like pulling teeth, because they're only available from one boss (the same one, along with shoes), and maybe 2 chests if you're lucky.

What the major sticking point right now seems to be is just how long it's going to take to retrait a single item. Bearing in mind each quarter (if they make major changes only once every quarter) is only about 13 weeks.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From PTS:
    Transmutation requires Transmute Crystals, precious resources occasionally received for successfully completing Veteran PvE activities such as Pledges, Trials, and Arenas, and several PvP sources such as Rewards for the Worthy, Battleground end of match rewards, and AvA end of campaign rewards. Transmute Crystals are an account wide, capped currency which cannot be banked or traded.
    Transmutation requires having previously researched the desired trait.
    Jewelry cannot be transmuted.

Well there is one (or more) thing that I wish to know about. Since I usually play solo content of the game, I am a solo player, not in any guild or group - both for PvE & PvP. And I don't especially enjoy veteran group dungeons & arenas (I only did them once via group finder, just to level up undaunted faster):

1. How often we will receive Transmutation Crystals from PvP Rewards for the Worthy ? Will it be as often as soul gems ? Or it will be super rare so maybe like 1 out of 100 Rewards for the Worthy mails will contain them ?
    2. How many Transmutation Crystals will be in one Rewards for the Worthy mail ?
    3. AvA end of campaign rewards - Will all faction and all participating players receive them in the reward mail, or only the top players or maybe even the top players from the winning alliance ?
    3. And finally - since Transmutation Crystal will be a currency - How many of them will I needed to change a trait ?
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From PTS:
    Transmutation requires Transmute Crystals, precious resources occasionally received for successfully completing Veteran PvE activities such as Pledges, Trials, and Arenas, and several PvP sources such as Rewards for the Worthy, Battleground end of match rewards, and AvA end of campaign rewards. Transmute Crystals are an account wide, capped currency which cannot be banked or traded.
    Transmutation requires having previously researched the desired trait.
    Jewelry cannot be transmuted.

Well there is one (or more) thing that I wish to know about. Since I usually play solo content of the game, I am a solo player, not in any guild or group - both for PvE & PvP. And I don't especially enjoy veteran group dungeons & arenas (I only did them once via group finder, just to level up undaunted faster):

1. How often we will receive Transmutation Crystals from PvP Rewards for the Worthy ? Will it be as often as soul gems ? Or it will be super rare so maybe like 1 out of 100 Rewards for the Worthy mails will contain them ?
    2. How many Transmutation Crystals will be in one Rewards for the Worthy mail ?
    3. AvA end of campaign rewards - Will all faction and all participating players receive them in the reward mail, or only the top players or maybe even the top players from the winning alliance ?
    3. And finally - since Transmutation Crystal will be a currency - How many of them will I needed to change a trait ?

The answer to the last question is 40
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    For a given campaign:
    If you are on the top 2% of your alliance, you get gold rewards.
    If you get over 100k AP (level 3), you get purple rewards.
    There's also a blue level (50k AP?) and a thanks for showing up level.

30 day campaigns, you get 5 pieces of pvp set jewelry in the quality of that reward level and some gold; 7 day camps you get one piece and less gold. You get extra stuff for your faction winning the campaign.

You get a RftW email every 20k AP with a random piece of pvp set gear and maybe a soul gem.

Thanks!

So if you campaign at all, you get some little reward, which will now include a transmutation stone?
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait so if you're not ESO Plus you don't get to test transmutation without grinding dungeons on the PTS? For real?

I don't have any transmute stones on my template
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep just because I don't do much vet level content doesn't mean that I don't get gear that I don't want to change traits on. If you think pugging vet dungeons now is bad I think it is going to be even worse because the number of sub 160 players in the que is going to increased. Made it to cp 10. Got to get the stones, got to que for random, random mostly puts you in a dlc dungeon.

What I see happening is if you think that kicking sub CP300 characters is bad now, just wait until the new crystal system gets put into place. Nobody is going to want someone in their group if they remotely feel they can't carry their weight. They will want to finish the dungeon quickly and get their pledges out of the way with the minimum of fuss. All I have to say, is good luck to those who pug!
  • PerArdua
    PerArdua
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 player here trying to plan ahead for our guild home .,
    Has anyone tested to see if a made transmutation station can be traded with other players or sent in the mail . We are thinking about pooling writs to get one quicker . As you can only place items in a home if you are the owner wondering if another player can make it then pass it to home owner to place
    Thanks in advance
  • ZOS_Bel_Shezzar
    ZOS_Bel_Shezzar
    ✭✭✭
    The Transmute Station is pre-made - you do not need to craft it, you can buy the station outright.
    You can then trade the station between yourself and your friends or guildmates freely.
    Chris Balser
    Systems Team - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • Sargentwilko51
    Sargentwilko51
    ✭✭✭
    The Transmute Station is pre-made - you do not need to craft it, you can buy the station outright.
    You can then trade the station between yourself and your friends or guildmates freely.

@Bel_Shezzar

Is the only method to purchase via vouchers or is there a crown version that will be available as well?
    Edited by Sargentwilko51 on September 20, 2017 7:22PM
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talvorian wrote: »

@Bel_Shezzar

Is the only method to purchase via vouchers or is there a crown version that will be available as well?

There's a crown version currently 1000 crowns on pts that i imagine will go up to 5k since the transmutation station is 1250 writ vouchers.
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭

Can you lower the writ cost cuz 1250 is insane lol. That's 1.2 mill gold worth on pc.
  • Croblasta
    Croblasta
    Can somebody confirm if retraiting a BoE item, that is not bound, does indeed bind the item? There seems to be some conflicting information out there. Thanks!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance a crystal can drop from master chests? @ZOS_GinaBruno :wink:
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If the station is part of the base game update, you need to make a station available in each of the starter zones for players to use, not just one in Clockwork City. Not everyone has the type of friends or guild where they are able to share that sort of thing. Putting the station behind a paywall is rather crappy, especially given the cost of the station from Master Writ Vouchers.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Croblasta wrote: »
    Can somebody confirm if retraiting a BoE item, that is not bound, does indeed bind the item? There seems to be some conflicting information out there. Thanks!

I transmuted a BOE piece on the PTS yesterday and it did make it bound.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The new Transmutation system is intended as a way to assist you in obtaining the trait you desire for your gear as you play, but not be the primary way to obtain it. You'll obtain Transmutation Crystals as you play the content you're already participating in, but it isn't meant to be something you get immediately. We want you to feel like you have a way to eventually get the trait you want.

As for the current drop rates (which are subject to change since we're on the PTS), you're guaranteed to receive Crystal(s) from the following sources:
    • Veteran Undaunted Pledge
    • Your first completed random Veteran dungeon through the Grouping Tool per day
    • Trial Weekly Quests
    • Leaderboards (AvA, Trials, Arenas, and Battlegrounds)
    • End of Campaign Rewards (both 7-day and 30-day)
    • Veteran Maelstrom Arena
    • Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Additionally, you also have a chance at obtaining Crystals from these sources:
    • Completing additional random Veteran dungeons through the Grouping Tool
    • Final bosses from Normal and Veteran dungeons
    • Rewards for the Worthy

Hope this helps clarify how this system works. Again, remember that we've only been on the PTS with this system for less than 24 hours, so we may further tweak everything before it goes live. Thanks for all the feedback thus far, and keep it coming!

@ZOS_GinaBruno

this list seems to leave out questers in a really huge way.

The bronze-silver and gold zone quests, the main core Molag-bal quest, the zone quests for wrothgar, gold coast, abbahs, morrowind, mage's guild, fighters guild etc etc all seem to be left on the outside looking in to the transmute system.

Weapon traits and armor traits are not just "of value" to end game vet grinders.

originally quests just dropped trash... then they got sets added with 1T, housing unlocks with homestead, furnishings and body markings and costumes with morrowind etc... but it really looks like they are being cut out of this new added subsystem.

this design decision to leave those running your main quest content out of the new subsystem seems at odds with wanting it to look like that content is meant to still be played or meaningful.

i would respectfully ask that you and your design team consider rethinking your choice on cutting that playerbase out of this new subsystem.

Thank you.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bel_Shezzar Will there be a similar station for transmogging? I know it is a ways off- but I have to ask.
    Edited by Vanthras79 on September 20, 2017 10:32PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just logged into a toon to see what rewards I got from the 30 day pvp campaign and in the rewards was a geode with 40 crystals :) This toon had over 100k ap but the team finished second so it looks like you dont have to be on the winning side to get these.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For a given campaign:

30 day campaigns, you get 5 pieces of pvp set jewelry in the quality of that reward level and some gold; 7 day camps you get one piece and less gold. You get extra stuff for your faction winning the campaign.

You get a RftW email every 20k AP with a random piece of pvp set gear and maybe a soul gem.

Thanks!

So if you campaign at all, you get some little reward, which will now include a transmutation stone?

This I don't know. I only had 30 day purple rewards on my characters; non-winning faction. Those geodes had 40 crystals both, but IDK if that's fixed, RNG, or varies by reward level. There may be fewer on the 7 day camps as well. More info from other players -- or ZOS -- would help.

I think RftW will have a chance to contain geodes.

As a regular PvPer, I'm content with the amount of crystals I'll see over time if you get a geode for end of camp rewards. (Just not the storage of them.)
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a given campaign:

Thanks!

This I don't know. I only had 30 day purple rewards on my characters; non-winning faction. Those geodes had 40 crystals both, but IDK if that's fixed, RNG, or varies by reward level. There may be fewer on the 7 day camps as well. More info from other players -- or ZOS -- would help.

I think RftW will have a chance to contain geodes.

As a regular PvPer, I'm content with the amount of crystals I'll see over time if you get a geode for end of camp rewards. (Just not the storage of them.)

History has proven if it's a good on pts it won't make it too live. Only bad makes it too live lol
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is long, so I'll put my TL:DR up front: in its current form, transmutation should have nothing to do with crafting and instead should work more like enchanting a piece of gear or charging up a weapon. Idea = great. Implementation = very disappointing, both for crafters and non-crafters.

I was very excited about this feature when I heard about it. And to be clear: I'm still glad that the idea is being implemented at all, so thank you, ZOS, for your work on that. However it clearly was designed after the "Crates and Gems" concept... you know, buy enough crates and eventually you'll get enough gems if you don't get the thing you want.

Like or hate that system, it is what it is, and gems are meant to be a way to take the RNG sting out of the crate purchases. However, that EXACT SAME concept was now just applied to gear drops but called something different. Result is exactly the same: do enough content and eventually you'll get enough crystals if you don't get the thing you want.

OK, fine. But if that's the way it's going to be implemented, this should not, in any way, be associated with crafting (imho).

Dropped gear is RNG. Much of it is BOP. The fact that we have to do multiple runs to get what we need is the bread and butter of MMOs, because no one could keep up with pumping out enough content to keep a player base occupied if none of it ever needed to be repeated.

Alternately, the core concept of crafting is this: learn a profession, and as part of that learn to produce goods that you can provide to other players. If you want to make higher quality goods, you must level up your skills, and as a result you can produce items that should sell for more money. Crafting in almost every MMO has been a mini game in and of itself. Don't want to craft? You can skip out of that part completely and buy crafted goods in some kind of marketplace, store, or by trading with others. Crafting helps with collaboration, building the community, and shaping the economy. Some people love it, and some people hate it. Almost every build out there has an alternate, just-starting-out crafted gear alternative, and there are crafted sets available that benefit every role (pvp, pve, tank, heals, dps, stam-based, magicka-based, health focused, etc.) In short, crafting and crafted sets are the anti-RNG, and complement the dropped gear system.

These two ideas SHOULD NOT BE COMBINED. Now what we have is two game concepts smooshed together that I don't think are really compatible.

It makes zero sense to require researching a trait when transmuting something makes the item bound, there is a hard (and seemingly quite low) cap on the crystal currency, and the crystals can't even be traded. That means the "ecosystem" for transmutation is closed, while almost everything else about crafting is open and trade-able. (Yes, I am aware that to gold out your BOP gear you have to have some crafting skills.... but isn't there a vendor now where you can buy gold gear to get around that?)

I think that the system should have gone one of two ways:

1. Keep everything similar, except remove the requirement to have the trait be researched. Make it truly be a system just meant to keep you from tearing your hair out QUITE as much when you run something over and over and always get a training trait. Instead, allow any trait to be chosen when you have enough crystals. Balance amount of crystals and hard cap on amount of crystals to adjust of this, if needed. Slap a cool down on it, put a quest line in front of it to unlock the ability, maybe even require skill points.

**OR**

2. Have crystals be available through writs, node drops, etc., and do not cause an item to be bound when it is transmuted. Crystals should be trade-able. For already bound gear, have an interface like trade where two players must be together at the same place, and a crafter can transmute your bound gear for potentially a tip. Balance it so that crystals are rarer, add levels to crafting to obtain the ability to do it.... anything so that it is still not the primary way to obtain your desired trait, but so that it is more in the spirit of crafting where those who have worked hard to become master crafters can do this for others and profit from it, while non-crafters don't feel like they have to research traits just to do this. While you're at it, make it so that improving a bound item if you are a non-crafter can be accomplished by purchasing a modification package from a crafter (like enchants) so the whole system is consistent. Maybe make it so the modification packages require more tempers, so there is still an incentive to become a crafter and do it yourself, but it's not a requirement.

I am a crafter, so luckily I'll be able to transmute stuff if I want to, but I feel for people who hate crafting and never bothered with all of the research. If you just want ONE thing, one time, sure, it's just six hours away. But if you have lots of characters or like to try a lot of different things you'll be waiting a long time if you didn't research the trait you now want to switch for your new alt. I was very excited about the possibility of being able to transmute gear for others. I was really hopeful that in the future my perseverance in obtaining motifs would pay off when I could help others change the style of their gear, which I am now thinking will never be the case. This system doesn't enhance my value to the community as a crafter. It won't allow me to finally d/e those duplicate items I've been saving in my bank (just with different traits) because I won't be able to buy or trade materials or items to transmute if I decide I want to change something.

NOW the "research scrolls" in the crown store make more sense. But for people who never were into crafting, and want to do this a lot, the crown cost on top of the grind to get the crystals will likely mean that they won't bother with the system at all.

Again, I'm glad this idea is making it into the game, but it seems such a shame that it is quite literally the opposite of what a feature in an MMORPG should be. No trading, no use of the current economy, no teamwork. Forcing the use of crafting and research onto folks that would have no interest otherwise, while conversely not allowing master crafters to offer up their skills and time invested in the craft so others can benefit.

My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just love how so many people on this feedback thread like to tell others that they don't need to transmute items or that they don't play enough to need BiS armor or weapons.

What gives you (anyone) the right to tell other players that they should not be concerned about this system or that they don't play enough to want or need BiS armor or weapons?

And before you try to put me in your category of who this system is for and not for, I have been playing since launch, been subscribed and pay every six months for my membership since launch. I am an active PVP and PVE player, and yes all ten of my characters are maxed crafters, maxed leveled, and maxed cp's. But as a guild leader, there are members in my guild who can not or do not choose to play the game 20+ hours a week or play the game the way that I do. That doesn't mean the new transmutation system is not geared toward these players. Most, if not all these player subscribe each month and pay for the benefits of being a Plus member, even if they only get in game 3-4 hours a week. And if they want the ability to transmute a piece of their overland gear to make their limited time playing more enjoyable then that is their right. Maybe because they can only get in game once or twice a week to run pledges with other friends or guildies, but would like the one piece of, say training spriggans to be infused or divines. Why should they have to wait the next few months to get up 40 crystals to do that?
    This system should not punish their players for not living their entire life playing ESO and can only play a few hours a week. And no one has the right to tell other players that this new system of transmutation doesn't apply to them.

I always tell the members of my guild, "This is YOUR game and you play it the way YOU want to play it." I pay every six months to renew my membership and no one will tell me how to play this game or that a new system that the developers has put into this game is not geared toward me.

You have all the right in this world to play the game the way you want to play it...but in reality its the game that dictates how you play it...

For example...the vMA weapons are locked behind the most difficult solo content in the game...so should this change because a certain faction of players who lets say...want to only do group content...are essentially "locked out" of this whole line of very powerful weapons?

Another example... Vigor and Caltrops are locked behind a PVP wall...but you don't expect to just be given these 2 skills because you refuse to PVP... So should you be able to unlock these skills doing PVE...because PVP is not the way YOU want to play?

Also...the new asylum weapons, some who look like they may be BiS...are locked behind, what I'm sure will be a very challenging trial, even on normal.. the vast majority of players do not participate in raids...because it does not fit their style of play...so should they have a chance to get those weapons...while for example questing overland?
    Edited by sevomd69 on September 21, 2017 11:59AM
  • wildbear247
    wildbear247
    ✭✭✭
    My 2 cents...

1) Reduce the amount of stones needed to transmutate gear (lower than 40 please). The poll below indicates roughly 70% of forum visitors feel the same way. Granted it's a forum poll, but you could always do an in game survey to get better insight from a broader group of players.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/372043/poll-about-whether-to-have-the-amount-of-crystals-required-for-a-retrait-reduced/p1

2) Allow questing and exploration to reward players with transmutation stones. You've covered end-game PvE (trials & dungeons), PvP (end of campaign rewards and RotW emails)...but don't leave these explorers hanging outside the transmutation house party.

Finally...THANK YOU for bringing a retraiting system to ESO!!! Man this will help to reduce the grind, players can focus more on content they enjoy (PvP for me), and more free time to do other stuff outside ESO knowing that in time they'll be able to retrait their gear into their own perfect flavor.
    PC NA
    The Ironwood Clan (all DC): Karbal Ironwood (Stamblade, PvP); Galtan Ironwood (Magblade, crafter, PvE, some PvP)

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback on the current and future state of the game.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did some daily writs and got a master writ for clothing. The backpack item list shows the master writ with the transmute icon, and this has the tool tip saying it can't be researched.

b1r4eSP.jpg
    PC EU
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    I just love how so many people on this feedback thread like to tell others that they don't need to transmute items or that they don't play enough to need BiS armor or weapons.

What gives you (anyone) the right to tell other players that they should not be concerned about this system or that they don't play enough to want or need BiS armor or weapons?

And before you try to put me in your category of who this system is for and not for, I have been playing since launch, been subscribed and pay every six months for my membership since launch. I am an active PVP and PVE player, and yes all ten of my characters are maxed crafters, maxed leveled, and maxed cp's. But as a guild leader, there are members in my guild who can not or do not choose to play the game 20+ hours a week or play the game the way that I do. That doesn't mean the new transmutation system is not geared toward these players. Most, if not all these player subscribe each month and pay for the benefits of being a Plus member, even if they only get in game 3-4 hours a week. And if they want the ability to transmute a piece of their overland gear to make their limited time playing more enjoyable then that is their right. Maybe because they can only get in game once or twice a week to run pledges with other friends or guildies, but would like the one piece of, say training spriggans to be infused or divines. Why should they have to wait the next few months to get up 40 crystals to do that?
    This system should not punish their players for not living their entire life playing ESO and can only play a few hours a week. And no one has the right to tell other players that this new system of transmutation doesn't apply to them.

I always tell the members of my guild, "This is YOUR game and you play it the way YOU want to play it." I pay every six months to renew my membership and no one will tell me how to play this game or that a new system that the developers has put into this game is not geared toward me.

Another example... Vigor and Caltrops are locked behind a PVP wall...but you don't expect to just be given these 2 skills because you refuse to PVP... So should you be able to unlock these skills doing PVE...because PVE is not the way YOU want to play?

I think you were trying to say "....because PVP is not the way YOU want to play"

• Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No worries as I am sure that, like the Glass Motif, (that require 10 fragments + the resin to make one chapter), Mimic Stones, (for the styles you can't get style stones for), Research Scrolls. (to help speed up the 128 days it takes to research nine traits , etc), ZOS will capitalize on the fact that SOME players may not have the time or desire to grind for 40 crystals and they will put the Geode packs and/or Crystals in the Crown Store for everyone to buy. At a premium price, of course.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the guaranteed drops make it to live, 40 honestly is quite ok. Some people would have danced naked in front of Molag Bal while singing "All hail the god of RNG" if it meant a vMA weapon drop in your preferred trait after 40 runs.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »

Another example... Vigor and Caltrops are locked behind a PVP wall...but you don't expect to just be given these 2 skills because you refuse to PVP... So should you be able to unlock these skills doing PVE...because PVE is not the way YOU want to play?

I think you were trying to say "....because PVP is not the way YOU want to play"

Yes you are right... :p