The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Transmutation

• joshcrum
    joshcrum
    ✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    Ugh 1 crystal per drop :( I have so much invigorating and training to replace, 29 set pieces, only my monster pieces at 40 crystals each is 1160 crystals. Am I going to use all those pieces? Not likely but i'd still want decent traits for them.

This is a common misconception that I'm seeing quite a lot in this thread. The idea behind this system is to be able to re-trait items occasionally when there is a great need for it. That one piece you've spent months farming for and just can't get, stuff like that. It is not intended to allow players to go through their back-logged inventory and re-trait dozens of gear pieces just to say they finally have it whether they use it or not. This is why the cost is high and the drop rate is low. Just imagine how angry you'll be when you re-trait some monster piece to an ideal trait after farming up the crystals for it, and as it is sitting there in your bank in all its shiny, un-used ideal trait glory, you run the dungeon on vet and get the same piece in the same ideal trait. Crystal fail!
    Edited by joshcrum on September 22, 2017 2:30PM
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    Alternately, the core concept of crafting is this: learn a profession, and as part of that learn to produce goods that you can provide to other players.

The developers of the game don't agree with that view.

If you farm a sharpened Burning Spellweave staff, you're going to want to gold it when it finally drops.

That said -- your ideas to give crafters a bigger role have considerable merit.

Edited by FrancisCrawford on September 22, 2017 3:24PM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    Alternately, the core concept of crafting is this: learn a profession, and as part of that learn to produce goods that you can provide to other players.

The developers of the game don't agree with that view.

Ain't that the truth. Crafting in ESO is all about you, not others. It is one of the places where the ESO design falls short in the area of player-player interaction. Yeah, it can be done, but it is not really the priority focus.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of players who have gear crafted by others. The guild stores are full of Julianos, Hunding, NMG, Eternal Hunt and Shacklebreaker sets. As for re-trait the "crafting" work is minimal. You pick an item you want to re-trait, then research the trait you need (if you have not done so). Getting all the crystals you need takes more time than researching 4 traits on an item on the same character, without any passives. So trait knowledge is a non-issue. As I've said they should reduce the grind based on gameplay skill - more crystals for more difficult content.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    There are plenty of players who have gear crafted by others. The guild stores are full of Julianos, Hunding, NMG, Eternal Hunt and Shacklebreaker sets. As for re-trait the "crafting" work is minimal. You pick an item you want to re-trait, then research the trait you need (if you have not done so). Getting all the crystals you need takes more time than researching 4 traits on an item on the same character, without any passives. So trait knowledge is a non-issue. As I've said they should reduce the grind based on gameplay skill - more crystals for more difficult content.

i would not disagree at all. But also time is an issue. in most of my experiences and observations a four man dungeon is a quick affair while a 12 man trial takes a bit longer.

I think before it gets said and done we may see trials get an uptick in crystals.

i also think they should consider allowing the crystals gained to be traded during the same within-group-trade-BOP window they allow BoP gear from that content to be traded. You might want set piece A and I might want more crystals so... why not open it up so that the groups themselves can divide all their gains as they see fit?

And yes, while there are some holes in the crafting system, i have not seen "for others" as one of them myself.

Then again, i feel cutting out all the main questing content lines from You'll obtain Transmutation Crystals as you play the content you're already participating in, is a very bad decision, so what do i know? give one crystal for completing a zone's main questline fully (the old caldwell check off a silver and gold zone checklist) and for finishing off the main core questline IMO.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • jediprime74
    jediprime74
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Quick question about the transmute stones dropping as end of campaign PvP rewards:

If we are getting a guaranteed drop of one (I am assuming) for a seven day campaign, will thirty day campaign rewards consist of four or five? i.e. - will the transmute stones follow the same formula as other end of campaign rewards based upon the length of the campaign in question?

If not, I think we can expect a flood of players migrating from 30 day campaigns to 7 day campaigns to maximize the number of stones they get as end of campaign rewards.

Thanks in advance for any information or clarification you can provide on this subject!
    Guildmaster of Fool's Errand, PvX/social, beginner to endgame Guild.

Guildmaster of Fools for the Pact an Ebonheart Pact PvP Guild.

Options
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too would like to know what is received for the 30 day campaign specifically top 2%.
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new Transmutation system is intended as a way to assist you in obtaining the trait you desire for your gear as you play, but not be the primary way to obtain it. You'll obtain Transmutation Crystals as you play the content you're already participating in, but it isn't meant to be something you get immediately. We want you to feel like you have a way to eventually get the trait you want.

As for the current drop rates (which are subject to change since we're on the PTS), you're guaranteed to receive Crystal(s) from the following sources:
    • Veteran Undaunted Pledge
    • Your first completed random Veteran dungeon through the Grouping Tool per day
    • Trial Weekly Quests
    • Leaderboards (AvA, Trials, Arenas, and Battlegrounds)
    • End of Campaign Rewards (both 7-day and 30-day)
    • Veteran Maelstrom Arena
    • Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Additionally, you also have a chance at obtaining Crystals from these sources:
    • Completing additional random Veteran dungeons through the Grouping Tool
    • Final bosses from Normal and Veteran dungeons
    • Rewards for the Worthy

Hope this helps clarify how this system works. Again, remember that we've only been on the PTS with this system for less than 24 hours, so we may further tweak everything before it goes live. Thanks for all the feedback thus far, and keep it coming!

Well, you would have had the chance to reduce the grind fest. yet it still stays the same, as it won't make a huge difference. you're just now farming those *** crystals. keep the players keep on repeating the same boring repetitive *** over and over again and call it content. >_<

Honestly, grind is what will kill this game. Not from players leaving usually because they have less grind ahead of them than new players, but new players will see all that is ahead and just psyche themselves out of bothering with "all that mess".

I'm not exactly new, but I didn't start before Wrothgar and gamepad support, which is the deal-breaker for me if any game doesn't have it. I've already psyched myself out of transmutation grinding because I just have too much to do already and I don't feel my character is good enough to grind that much even though I can solo nearly every world-boss, even the Vvardenfell ones, and I really don't care to grind for most dungeon sets anyway since they've added some nicer crafted and overland sets and I have a crafted set that has saved my backside over and over in those world-boss solo attempts.
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The new Transmutation system is intended as a way to assist you in obtaining the trait you desire for your gear as you play, but not be the primary way to obtain it. You'll obtain Transmutation Crystals as you play the content you're already participating in, but it isn't meant to be something you get immediately. We want you to feel like you have a way to eventually get the trait you want.

As for the current drop rates (which are subject to change since we're on the PTS), you're guaranteed to receive Crystal(s) from the following sources:
    • Trial Weekly Quests

• Rewards for the Worthy

Hope this helps clarify how this system works. Again, remember that we've only been on the PTS with this system for less than 24 hours, so we may further tweak everything before it goes live. Thanks for all the feedback thus far, and keep it coming!

Well, you would have had the chance to reduce the grind fest. yet it still stays the same, as it won't make a huge difference. you're just now farming those *** crystals. keep the players keep on repeating the same boring repetitive *** over and over again and call it content. >_<

Honestly, grind is what will kill this game. Not from players leaving usually because they have less grind ahead of them than new players, but new players will see all that is ahead and just psyche themselves out of bothering with "all that mess".

I'm not exactly new, but I didn't start before Wrothgar and gamepad support, which is the deal-breaker for me if any game doesn't have it. I've already psyched myself out of transmutation grinding because I just have too much to do already and I don't feel my character is good enough to grind that much even though I can solo nearly every world-boss, even the Vvardenfell ones, and I really don't care to grind for most dungeon sets anyway since they've added some nicer crafted and overland sets and I have a crafted set that has saved my backside over and over in those world-boss solo attempts.

if you don't mind sharing - which one?
    Always interested in better crafted uses.

:)
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

• Trial Weekly Quests

• Rewards for the Worthy

I use Whitestrake's Retirbution. It triggers the damage shield if you drop below 30% health even if it isn't a second hit. One big hit bringing you from 100% down below 30% works, like Blacksmith Zifri in Shada's Tear which I also soloed the brute force way due to this set. I still have no idea how I'm really supposed to counter her unavoidable death-blossom.

Edit:
    I then would use Ward Ally for the extra shield value being nearly dead after the near-one-shot and then heal for an increased amount beyond the shields thanks to either resto staff passives or templar passives. <3
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 25, 2017 1:37AM
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

• Trial Weekly Quests

• Rewards for the Worthy

I use Whitestrake's Retirbution. It triggers the damage shield if you drop below 30% health even if it isn't a second hit. One big hit bringing you from 100% down below 30% works, like Blacksmith Zifri in Shada's Tear which I also soloed the brute force way due to this set. I still have no idea how I'm really supposed to counter her unavoidable death-blossom.

Edit:
    I then would use Ward Ally for the extra shield value being nearly dead after the near-one-shot and then heal for an increased amount beyond the shields thanks to either resto staff passives or templar passives. <3

I suspected that was the one.

I am fond of whitestrake for soloing as well.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

Options
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    You'll obtain Transmutation Crystals as you play the content you're already participating in

How can you say that if pve players will get unlimited guaranteed crystals daily from different sources and pvp players have only chance to receive it in Reward the worthy? Game have already forced us, pvpers to grind undaunted skill line, gear and now we have to go in dungeons again for guaranteed crystal? It's not fair. I think reward the worthy and bg gaily quest should give guaranteed crystal. Reconsider, please.
    Edited by StereoLiz on September 25, 2017 9:24AM
    Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StereoLiz wrote: »
    You'll obtain Transmutation Crystals as you play the content you're already participating in

How can you say that if pve players will get unlimited guaranteed crystals daily from different sources and pvp players have only chance to receive it in Reward the worthy? Game have already forced us, pvpers to grind undaunted skill line, gear and now we have to go in dungeons again for guaranteed crystal? It's not fair. I think reward the worthy and bg gaily quest should give guaranteed crystal. Reconsider, please.

Only pledges, trial coffers (which are once a week) and the first vet random of a day guarantee a crystal, so even if you did all of those in a day that's only 5 guaranteed. Otherwise it's just a chance, just like the RftW bags, so far from unlimited. Given that people can earn hundreds of thousands of AP in a day, unless the drop rate is abysmal I think it's fair.

Options
  • jediprime74
    jediprime74
    ✭✭✭

Given that I receive 10+ (as a bare minimum) Rewards for the Worthy on any given night of two or three hours or so running PvP I think it's overkill to get a gem/stone/crystal in each of those, as that would mean a drop rate at well in excess of 200% of what the PvE content gives in a day per character. Arguments of fairness make no sense in this context, PvEers have to run PvP content for certain things, PvPers have to run PvE content for certain things. Nothing unfair about that system at all from my perspective. Sure, I understand you may be one of the players that dislikes setting foot outside of Cyrodiil, but that's certainly a minority of players. Lots of PvPers enjoy and run PvE content from daily vet pledges to vet trials. For gear, for prestige, and for fun.

The way I see it is that I (and other players who happily run both types of content) will be getting the stones to drop from both PvE content that I already run (vet pledges, vet randoms, and vet trials) *and* PvP by way of occasional drops in Rewards for the Worthy and guaranteed drops in end of campaign rewards.
    Guildmaster of Fool's Errand, PvX/social, beginner to endgame Guild.

Guildmaster of Fools for the Pact an Ebonheart Pact PvP Guild.

Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Only pledges, trial coffers (which are once a week) and the first vet random of a day guarantee a crystal, so even if you did all of those in a day that's only 5 guaranteed. Otherwise it's just a chance, just like the RftW bags, so far from unlimited. Given that people can earn hundreds of thousands of AP in a day, unless the drop rate is abysmal I think it's fair.

How much of that math to get to 5 per week is based off only running a single character?

how many vet pledges etc a day (given time) can one run across say 14 characters?
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How much of that math to get to 5 per week is based off only running a single character?

how many vet pledges etc a day (given time) can one run across say 14 characters?

Five in a day. Not in a week.

3 pledges + vet random + the weekly quest, which I assume it'll come in the coffer so only once a week = 5 per day, or 4 each subsequent day for 6 days. Assuming you have the worst luck and no crystals/geodes drop from the dungeon bosses.

With easy pledges like FG1 or COA you could probably run like 8 times, at least I would before I got sick and tired...

The point was it's not going to be absolutely raining crystals in PVE while PVP gets a cataclysmic drought.
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Five in a day. Not in a week.

3 pledges + vet random + the weekly quest, which I assume it'll come in the coffer so only once a week = 5 per day, or 4 each subsequent day for 6 days. Assuming you have the worst luck and no crystals/geodes drop from the dungeon bosses.

With easy pledges like FG1 or COA you could probably run like 8 times, at least I would before I got sick and tired...

The point was it's not going to be absolutely raining crystals in PVE while PVP gets a cataclysmic drought.

thanks ending on guaranteed i picked the wrong time reference...

but point stands thet 5 per day you were referring to was "per character" with maybe some account wide limit on top but noticably more than five.

When i was soloing pledges with gusto i would often get about three different characters running pledges on any given day. Sometimes more but often just the three. but if crystal farming were a thing i needed it could go higher. Limit is playtime and obviously if you have a group working together these go quicker.

looks like some of the rewards are going up tho as is the cost per trans with more changes referenced for future possible patches in the PTS.

i agree its not gonna rain crystals but frankly it does not look like "40 vma runs" is going to be the pacecar.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

Options
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    in a day that's only 5 guaranteed

* 14 characters = 70 guaranteed crystals and unknown quantity of possible crystals in PvE

VS

0 guaranteed daily crystals in PvP.

Fair? Really?
    Given that I receive 10+ (as a bare minimum) Rewards for the Worthy on any given night of two or three hours or so running PvP I think it's overkill to get a gem/stone/crystal in each of those, as that would mean a drop rate at well in excess of 200% of what the PvE content gives in a day per character.

How do you know that? We don't have a clue about drop rate in Reward of the worthy. It can be 0,8% like perfect roe. Or - like Aetheric Cipher. I don't want to find it out when it's too late - on live. All I ask is fair quantity of guaranteed daily crystals from PvP.

I can't understand why it's even a question - in PvP we have to buy, craft and grind way more builds tham in PvE (except maybe PvE theorycrafters, ok). I think transmutation system is more needed in PvP than in PvE.
    Lots of PvPers enjoy and run PvE content from daily vet pledges to vet trials.

I did enjoy too. Really. In 2015 maybe? I just can't run the same dungeon 300 times for years. Why ZOS force us?
    Options
  • SnowP
    SnowP
    ✭✭✭
    This is some general feedback for the Transmutation system and a sugesstion how to solve the Transmute Crystal pricing problem.
    The Developer Comments in the PTS Patch Notes v3.2.1 state the goal of the Transmutation system:
    The goal of Transmutation is to provide you with a way to acquire your ideal traits in a way which is less dependent on RNG, without trivializing changing equipment traits or making it incredibly time consuming.
    The biggest problem of the actual approach is in my view the one fits all currency, because different activities can be mixed to optain it.
    So e. g. you do one or two vMSA runs are lucky and get a Staff you want but with the wrong trait, then you run 40 pledges and you have the staff in the trait that you want. I think that is not intended.

I do not quite understand why we have a the new transmuted attribute for the items, and an extra column in the inventory.
    - A transmuted item should work the same way as an item dropped in the right trait. Why should a transmuted item not be valid for analyse - the char that transmuted the item already has to know the trait so it is easy for him to produce an item with that trait without transmutation.
    What we really want is to exchange the item, not to modify the trait of an item.

My suggestion to make the Transmutation sytem reach it`s goal is:
    1. Remove the Transmutation Crystal curreny
    2. Let the items be the currency to tie the pricing to the drop activity
    3. Make the Transmutation Station a Junk Trade In Station

??x means how many runs you should need to get at trade in chance - e.q. You decide a player has to run the vMSA 40 times maximum to get one item he wants, than the trade in woud be 40 other vMSA weapons.
    Here are some examples for the pricing and how to tie it to drop locations:
    • desired item: vMSA Firestaff sharpend - required trade in: ??x vMSA weapons
    • desired item: vDSA Master healing staff infused - required trade in: ??x vDSA last Boss drops
    • desired item: Domihouse shoulder light divine - required trade in: ??x shoulders from Urgalags box
    • desired item: Molag Kenas Helm heavy divine - required trade in: ??x Molag Kena head pieces - light, medium, heavy any trait
    • desired item: SPC Jacket divine - required trade in: ??x big armor parts dropping in WGT
    • desired item: SPC Necklace - required trade in: ??x items dropping on Molag Kena in WGT
    ... hope you got the idea by now, expand the list for Willpower(Random Dungeon), PvP, Trial and Overland Sets.

Options
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    Were you able to easily find the Transmutation Station?

Yes

Did you successfully obtain the new currency, Transmutation Crystals?

No, I normally do QUESTS , public dungeons, overland stuff & the occasional dungeon daily when I feel sociable. Not able to do a vet dungeon in PTS though. Not interested in pvp.

Was the interface easy to understand when transmutating a piece of equipment?

Yes.

Was it clear that you needed to have your target trait researched?

Yes.

Did you purchase a Transmutation Station from the Master Writ Merchant to put in your home?

Not for 1250 writs...your kidding right? Hell no, that would take me 12 years to earn enough writs. Saw that and immediately went home to pay crowns for it in the furnishing store. This is the desired reaction yes?

Was it clear when an item had been successfully transmutated?

Yes.

Do you have any other general feedback?

I am really not sure about the reasons for making it hard / expensive to change a trait. After all we did all the work to get to the end of a veteran content event and it's just a 'chance' we might get 1 or 2? Sometimes 10? Why random? Why more RNG? It's just a trait, it's not going to win or lose a game, it for sure will stop me from shredding 99% of the gear that I fought so hard to obtain because the trait is undesirable for my class or resource pool choice. So we switch from farming a dungeon 40 - 50 times to get the gear with the right trait with farming a dungeon 40-50 times to get enough transmutation crystals to get the right trait on the gear we initially farmed to obtain?

It's not going to be an 'abused' over powered trait choice that wins the crown of Cyrodil right? That's what we're afraid of right? Boosting the pvp stats through the abuse of transmutation system trait changing? Even if you put it in the crown store like mimic stones...it's not going to be a pay to win game changer. It would be nice to get useful gear for spending time in maelstrom or doing the vet dungeon/trial grind. A little trait change should just be a service not a major addition to the gear hunt.

Suggestion: Add these crystals as rewards in crafting writs? (I mean if we are sticking with the random RNG reward system.)
    Edited by OMA on September 26, 2017 1:58PM
    Options
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnowP wrote: »
    This is some general feedback for the Transmutation system and a sugesstion how to solve the Transmute Crystal pricing problem.
    The Developer Comments in the PTS Patch Notes v3.2.1 state the goal of the Transmutation system:
    The goal of Transmutation is to provide you with a way to acquire your ideal traits in a way which is less dependent on RNG, without trivializing changing equipment traits or making it incredibly time consuming.
    The biggest problem of the actual approach is in my view the one fits all currency, because different activities can be mixed to optain it.
    So e. g. you do one or two vMSA runs are lucky and get a Staff you want but with the wrong trait, then you run 40 pledges and you have the staff in the trait that you want. I think that is not intended.

I do not quite understand why we have a the new transmuted attribute for the items, and an extra column in the inventory.
    - A transmuted item should work the same way as an item dropped in the right trait. Why should a transmuted item not be valid for analyse - the char that transmuted the item already has to know the trait so it is easy for him to produce an item with that trait without transmutation.
    What we really want is to exchange the item, not to modify the trait of an item.

??x means how many runs you should need to get at trade in chance - e.q. You decide a player has to run the vMSA 40 times maximum to get one item he wants, than the trade in woud be 40 other vMSA weapons.
    • desired item: vDSA Master healing staff infused - required trade in: ??x vDSA last Boss drops
    • desired item: Domihouse shoulder light divine - required trade in: ??x shoulders from Urgalags box
    • desired item: Molag Kenas Helm heavy divine - required trade in: ??x Molag Kena head pieces - light, medium, heavy any trait
    • desired item: SPC Jacket divine - required trade in: ??x big armor parts dropping in WGT
    • desired item: SPC Necklace - required trade in: ??x items dropping on Molag Kena in WGT
    ... hope you got the idea by now, expand the list for Willpower(Random Dungeon), PvP, Trial and Overland Sets.

Please, for the love of all that is good, no. Nonononono. This would destroy the entire draw of the system with regard to Master/Maelstrom/Asylum weapons, tick off the PvP crowd, and provide untold additional opportunities for ZOS to completely fail at balancing the system.

The aim seems to center on one of two options:

A ) Grind for the traited item you're looking for and, in the process, get crystals for a retrait if you're having crap RNG. Either way, you can get the item through grinding the content in which it drops.

-OR-

B ) Get the item you want from content you might despise, and then return to what you enjoy doing to get crystals from there. You love running PvP but find pledges to be as pleasant as nails on a chalkboard, but need that Veli monster mask in impen (just an example, please don't get angry if this isn't pvp viable)? Awesome. Get your item in the right weight and go back to PvP. Get crystals, retrait, and be happy.

For me, the prospect of doing however many runs of vMA ZOS in their finite wisdom and "RNG is fun" mentality deems right and proper, when I might very well get/have gotten a lightning staff on my first pull (again, just an example) is less desirable than being forced to listen several times to a new sixth grade orchestra trying to play one of Beethoven's symphonies one week after getting their instruments for the first time. However, I actually mostly enjoy running daily pledges. Under their system, I could run as many vMA runs as it'd take me to get the weapon(s) I want, then do pledges to retrait.

Under yours, I'd still be stuck doing those 9 rounds of content over and over while trying to get enough "tokens" to retrait just one item. I'd rather not even start down that road, and save myself the time, energy, and stress.
    Edited by BrightOblivion on September 26, 2017 2:34PM
    Options
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im honestly surprised they didn't think to add an option to change motif style on armor along with this. I would have expected that before the option to swap traits. Its like when we received armor dyes but not for weapons....ummmmm...
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
    Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »
    Im honestly surprised they didn't think to add an option to change motif style on armor along with this. I would have expected that before the option to swap traits. Its like when we received armor dyes but not for weapons....ummmmm...

They're working on it, they probably wanted to get the proof of concept out with the functional purpose first, then add transmogrification to it later. I imagine you'd use the transmutation station to do both. But it's coming.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Just a reminder, as stated in the patch notes, that we aren't finished iterating on the sourcing of Crystals. ;) More changes are coming.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a reminder, as stated in the patch notes, that we aren't finished iterating on the sourcing of Crystals. ;) More changes are coming.

So say'eth the lady of the natch potes :smile:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

Options
  • rabb1t_ESO
    rabb1t_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    (Haven't read the replies, there are hundreds :( )

Question: Does the transmute also work for the motif/style of the piece?

As a crafter and collector of motif/style, it's extremely disheartening to find something cool and then sink tons and tons and tons of mats to make even a new purple set of the pieces in question. It's happened a few times over the years and since I don't play a ton (though I have like 70 played days) I am now in a position of no longer being able to craft new style yellow items, and am going to run into the issue of not being able to make purple soon.

Edit: I see this may be something being called transmogrification. Is that verified somewhere? Link?
    Edited by rabb1t_ESO on September 27, 2017 3:52AM
    Options
  • SnowP
    SnowP
    ✭✭✭
    SnowP wrote: »

Please, for the love of all that is good, no. Nonononono. This would destroy the entire draw of the system with regard to Master/Maelstrom/Asylum weapons, tick off the PvP crowd, and provide untold additional opportunities for ZOS to completely fail at balancing the system.

The aim seems to center on one of two options:

A ) Grind for the traited item you're looking for and, in the process, get crystals for a retrait if you're having crap RNG. Either way, you can get the item through grinding the content in which it drops.

-OR-

B ) Get the item you want from content you might despise, and then return to what you enjoy doing to get crystals from there. You love running PvP but find pledges to be as pleasant as nails on a chalkboard, but need that Veli monster mask in impen (just an example, please don't get angry if this isn't pvp viable)? Awesome. Get your item in the right weight and go back to PvP. Get crystals, retrait, and be happy.

For me, the prospect of doing however many runs of vMA ZOS in their finite wisdom and "RNG is fun" mentality deems right and proper, when I might very well get/have gotten a lightning staff on my first pull (again, just an example) is less desirable than being forced to listen several times to a new sixth grade orchestra trying to play one of Beethoven's symphonies one week after getting their instruments for the first time. However, I actually mostly enjoy running daily pledges. Under their system, I could run as many vMA runs as it'd take me to get the weapon(s) I want, then do pledges to retrait.

Under yours, I'd still be stuck doing those 9 rounds of content over and over while trying to get enough "tokens" to retrait just one item. I'd rather not even start down that road, and save myself the time, energy, and stress.

You are quite right,
    I would love to have a system like your aim B - playing the content I love to be able to retrait an item I got from the content I do not love. But then we can make the Transmutation sytem a lot more simpler. Let an NPC sell the needed 50 Transmute Crystals for 250000 Gold or 500000 AP as the Golden NPC in Cyrodiil is selling golden Rings for these prices.

Player who invested the time to do like 300 vMSA runs to get two Daggers would hate ZOS for such a system ;)

Options
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rabb1t_ESO wrote: »
    (Haven't read the replies, there are hundreds :( )

Question: Does the transmute also work for the motif/style of the piece?

As a crafter and collector of motif/style, it's extremely disheartening to find something cool and then sink tons and tons and tons of mats to make even a new purple set of the pieces in question. It's happened a few times over the years and since I don't play a ton (though I have like 70 played days) I am now in a position of no longer being able to craft new style yellow items, and am going to run into the issue of not being able to make purple soon.

Edit: I see this may be something being called transmogrification. Is that verified somewhere? Link?

They have confirmed that they are working on transmogrification but have given no ETA, so it's still WIP, don't expect it with this update.
    Options
  • SnowP
    SnowP
    ✭✭✭
    Were you able to easily find the Transmutation Station?
    - Did not search for it as I only wanted to test the house station.

Did you successfully obtain the new currency, Transmutation Crystals?
    - Yes, even used the "BEHÄLTER"

Was the interface easy to understand when transmutating a piece of equipment?
    - Yes, but you might colorize the Bound Part, and issue a warning that the
    item will be bound by transmuting it - like equipping an item that get's bound.

Was it clear that you needed to have your target trait researched?
    - Yes, tested it with a second char without the Template who did not know any trait.

Did you purchase a Transmutation Station from the Master Writ Merchant to put in your home?
    - Yes

Was it clear when an item had been successfully transmutated?
    - Yes

Do you have any other general feedback?
    - Why do we have the extra transmuted Column in the inventory?
    The new Transmutation system is intended as a way to assist you in obtaining the trait you desire for your gear as you play, but not be the primary way to obtain it.
    If this is the case, there will be zero to maybe five transmuted items in the inventory, do we really need that sortable column?

- Why are transmuted items different from normal items?
    Beeing bound is ok, because Transmute Crystals are also bound to the account, and items that are "worth" to transmute are most times already bound. So there is no difference.
    But why the restriction to analyse?
    The char transmuting the item already knows the trait and producing a white level 1 item for analyse is cheaper than transmuting another item.

Options
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    A guild discussion earlier regarding transmutation led to a very good discussion on possibly marketing this on the crown store as well, and how to do it fairly for all people. The suggestion was to price transmog crystals on the crown store at 200-400 per gem and also sell them on the master writ vendor for approximately 4 writ vouchers apiece. This would allow the new transmog currency to be fairly traded, especially for those players who have difficulty with group content (due to internet connection issues, perhaps or time limitations) to also be able to take advantage of the new system. Since it would allow you to use not only crown points but writ vouchers to buy things more easily. And it leaves Zenimax with a new way to fairly make money. So, everyone wins.

Alassirana, on behalf of SneakyBo Trading Guild.
    Options