Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC).

Sorcs and Favoritism

• Drishtan
    Drishtan
    ✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    I wonder where all these social justice warriors were when streak and shield durations got gutted but other classes were untouched. Or last patch cycle when sorc was the only class that saw nerfs while everything else got tangible buffs. That was like the exact situation we face now in reverse. Where was the outcry then about how it's unfair that everyone else get class specific buffs besides sorcs?

These vindictive peasants have such short memory.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

Sorcs were getting curse NERFED, they cried and they BUFFED CURSE INSTEAD OF NERFING!!!

Umm what about the millions of patch they gutted everyother class. The last time the gutted sorc they became the top PVE AND PVP DPS..

You are crazy my friend.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Dude above is trying to say that sorcs are fine cause they run out of magicka fast on the pts while stacking shields. Uhm hello sorcs aren't the only ones stacking shields, but they are THE ONLY shieldstacker that didn't get class specific nerfs. Come again, tell my magblade how bad your shield stacking sustain is.

@Zarrakon

But no really, at this point this becomes a problem with the actual changes than with the classes, and we're just throwing *** at each other. No nerfs should negate like 80% of the playstyles and builds in a game that is bragging about the freedom to create your own build.

Omg. Nightblade has soooo much better in combat sustain.
    Please, show me a magicka Sorc who uses dark conversion in combat, or at all. It's only the stamina crowd who can afford to use it.
    No magicka Sorc will take the risk of casting this inside of combat (unless you are a notorious line of sight breaker or when you can stand safely in the back), resulting in mag sorc having the WORST sustain of all class, the worst by far. Dark conversion is just so risky to use as a mag sorc, it's not wise.

Sorcerer has no sustain utility at all. Our only sustain is locked behind a 1 second cast, while all other classes get their sustain rather passively while using their regular stuff. It's so ridiculous.
    Edited by Dracane on April 27, 2017 2:09PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Dude above is trying to say that sorcs are fine cause they run out of magicka fast on the pts while stacking shields. Uhm hello sorcs aren't the only ones stacking shields, but they are THE ONLY shieldstacker that didn't get class specific nerfs. Come again, tell my magblade how bad your shield stacking sustain is.

@Zarrakon

But no really, at this point this becomes a problem with the actual changes than with the classes, and we're just throwing *** at each other. No nerfs should negate like 80% of the playstyles and builds in a game that is bragging about the freedom to create your own build.

Please, show me a magicka Sorc who uses dark conversion in combat, or at all. It's only the stamina crowd who can afford to use it.
    No magicka Sorc will take the risk of casting this inside of combat (unless you are a notorious line of sight breaker or when you can stand safely in the back), resulting in mag sorc having the WORST sustain of all class, the worst by far. Dark conversion is just so risky to use as a mag sorc, it's not wise.

Sorcerer has no sustain utility at all. Our only sustain is locked behind a 1 second cast, while all other classes get their sustain rather passively while using their regular stuff. It's so ridiculous.

LOL I can't even
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    I wonder where all these social justice warriors were when streak and shield durations got gutted but other classes were untouched. Or last patch cycle when sorc was the only class that saw nerfs while everything else got tangible buffs. That was like the exact situation we face now in reverse. Where was the outcry then about how it's unfair that everyone else get class specific buffs besides sorcs?

These vindictive peasants have such short memory.

Streak nerf was necessary, because of the hit and run playing style sorcs were trying at that time. Anyway it is not that the skill became useless.

Shield nerf was somewhat necesary. Sorcs were able to pop the bubble and then go full offensive while keeping a nice defense. The biggest issue in that case wasn't shield duration, but shield stacking. No other class was able to do that, even NBs with cloak didn't had the choice to go full off after cloaked because the skill breaks when hitting an enemy (remember the days of camo hunter and one shot builds?, that was berfed to the ground too).

Anyway, with all the nerfs sorcs have received, the class is still playable. It has never become unplayable and sorcs have has the option to adapt. The nerfes have never destroyed the class.

On the other hand. DK's nerfs (and specially MDK's nerfs) have gutted the class. NB's nerfes (especially mageblade's nerf) have made the class unplayable by reducing the effects their skills have and buffing the counters to that skill or even worst, making new counters (like gap closers breaking cloak) and Temps are the next in the list of a class that has lost its uniqueness.

The nerfs sorcs have received have put the class at a similar level to other classes, but at the same time, ZoS has nerfed those classes too and keeping the gap. You are worried about the shield cost, yes, but have you think about NBs and cloak cost or DKs and Talons cost? Because those skills also use magicka and the impact done by their additional nerfs will make those skills useless most of the time. And they don't have a cost reduction passive in their class lines.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

@Zarrakon

LOL I can't even

Exactly, you can't.
    Try using dark conversion against me as a magicka Sorcerer. You will not get it off and then you'll see your "superior and infinite" sustain-
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Zarrakon

LOL I can't even

Exactly, you can't.
    Try using dark conversion against me as a magicka Sorcerer. You will not get it off and then you'll see your "superior and infinite" sustain-

Your comments are honestly beyond ridiculous. I don't take you seriously.
    Invictus
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Zarrakon

LOL I can't even

Exactly, you can't.

Maybe he knows a DKs skill to recover magicka out of combat...

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zarrakon

LOL I can't even

Exactly, you can't.

Ah so you say that sacrifising your precious stamina to restore some magicka with a 1 second cast is convenient ? When focus by enemies who only need to interrupt you ? You should take it very seriously. I, unlike you, do play mag sorc all the time and I know that this spell is not usable during combat. You don't have the stam nor the safety to use it.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Zarrakon

LOL I can't even

Exactly, you can't.

Ah so you say that sacrifising your precious stamina to restore some magicka with a 1 second cast is convenient ? When focus by enemies who only need to interrupt you ? You should take it very seriously. I, unlike you, do play mag sorc all the time and I know that this spell is not usable during combat. You don't have the stam nor the safety to use it.

YUP THOSE RESOURCES PLUS HEAL ON DEMAND SOOOOOOOOOO INCONVENIENT. GAWD GUYS DO I REALLY NEED TO USE AN ABILITY WHEN PLAYING? VERY UNFAIR! SAD!
    Invictus

Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zarrakon

LOL I can't even

Exactly, you can't.

YUP THOSE RESOURCES PLUS HEAL ON DEMAND SOOOOOOOOOO INCONVENIENT. GAWD GUYS DO I REALLY NEED TO USE AN ABILITY WHEN PLAYING? VERY UNFAIR! SAD!

For a class that needs to be so cautious with their stamina, yes, it definately is.
    Nightblades activate siphoning and are good to go and receive it all passively, Dks get ressource just by using their regular shield and ults and templar has rune focus and radiant aura+ morphs.

Only Sorc has its ressources locked behind a 1 second cast. I too think the stamina version of dark exchange is too easy to use and with no risk. Because magicka is not needed for a stam Sorc to survive and they have shuffle which can dodge bashes and interrupt attacks. But the magicka version is a complete different story, not compareable to dark deal easy mode.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Zarrakon

LOL I can't even

Exactly, you can't.

For a class that needs to be so cautious with their stamina, yes, it definately is.
    Nightblades activate siphoning and are good to go and receive it all passively, Dks get ressource just by using their regular shield and ults and templar has rune focus and radiant aura+ morphs.

Only Sorc has its ressources locked behind a 1 second cast. I too think the stamina version of dark exchange is too easy to use and with no risk. Because magicka is not needed for a stam Sorc to survive and they have shuffle which can dodge bashes and interrupt attacks. But the magicka version is a complete different story, not compareable to dark deal easy mode.

What syphoning? That that restores 385 magicka only in basic attacks?

[*]Siphoning
    • Leeching Strikes (Siphoning Strikes morph): This morph now converts the ability into a Stamina ability and causes your Light and Heavy Attacks to restore Stamina based on your character level.
    • Siphoning Attacks (Siphoning Strikes morph): This morph now causes your Light and Heavy Attacks to also restore Magicka based on your character level.
    • Siphoning Strikes:
      • This ability now causes your Light and Heavy Attacks to restore Health instead of Magicka or Stamina.
      • Increased the duration of this ability and its morphs to 20 seconds from 15 seconds.
        Developer Comments:
        This is a significant reduction to the Magicka and Stamina restored by these abilities, but the addition of Health restore should give Nightblades more healing to improve their survivability.

What dks Shields? Those that don't provide mending if they're not active? what ults? those that restore a fixed amount of magicka, stamina and health now? What helping hands? A skill that restore less stam if you have a stam pool higher than 20k?

[*]Earthen Heart
    • Battle Roar: This passive ability now restores an equal amount of Health, Magicka, and Stamina when you use an Ultimate ability, and the amounts are now based on your character level instead of your Max Resource(s).
      Developer Comments:
      This will be a buff for each particular resource if your maximum is below 26,000, and a reduction if it is above. This will generally result in a buff to overall resources restored, but a reduction to the specific resource you are stacking.
    • Helping Hands: This passive ability now restores Stamina based on your character level instead of your Max Stamina.
      Developer Comments:
      This will be a buff if your Maximum Stamina is below 19,800 and a reduction if it is above.
    • Igneous Shield (Obsidian Shield morph): The Major Mending buff granted by this morph is now tied to your own damage shield. If the damage shield is removed, the Major Mending bonus will also be removed.
      Developer Comment:
      Major Mending is an extremely potent buff category for healing. The ease at which you are able to maintain it creates a system where only extreme damage can kill you because your health bar rapidly swings from near-empty to full. Adjusting the uptime on Igneous Shield’s Major Mending means you will need to think more tactically about when to use your healing abilities while also giving enemies counterplay towards stopping them.
      And you dare to say DKs and NBs have better resource management than sorcs? The class tha can pop a shield to heal and recover resources in ONE skill? Maybe on live they can... but from now on, resource management is a sorc department thanks to your beloved @Wrobel
    Edited by Xvorg on April 27, 2017 3:07PM

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

@Zarrakon

LOL I can't even

Exactly, you can't.

[*]Siphoning
    • Leeching Strikes (Siphoning Strikes morph): This morph now converts the ability into a Stamina ability and causes your Light and Heavy Attacks to restore Stamina based on your character level.
    • Siphoning Attacks (Siphoning Strikes morph): This morph now causes your Light and Heavy Attacks to also restore Magicka based on your character level.
    • Siphoning Strikes:
      • This ability now causes your Light and Heavy Attacks to restore Health instead of Magicka or Stamina.
      • Increased the duration of this ability and its morphs to 20 seconds from 15 seconds.
        Developer Comments:
        This is a significant reduction to the Magicka and Stamina restored by these abilities, but the addition of Health restore should give Nightblades more healing to improve their survivability.

What dks Shields? Those that don't provide mending if they're not active? what ults? those that restore a fixed amount of magicka, stamina and health now? What helping hands? A skill that restore less stam if you have a stam pool higher than 20k?

[*]Earthen Heart
    • Battle Roar: This passive ability now restores an equal amount of Health, Magicka, and Stamina when you use an Ultimate ability, and the amounts are now based on your character level instead of your Max Resource(s).
      Developer Comments:
      This will be a buff for each particular resource if your maximum is below 26,000, and a reduction if it is above. This will generally result in a buff to overall resources restored, but a reduction to the specific resource you are stacking.
    • Helping Hands: This passive ability now restores Stamina based on your character level instead of your Max Stamina.
      Developer Comments:
      This will be a buff if your Maximum Stamina is below 19,800 and a reduction if it is above.
    • Igneous Shield (Obsidian Shield morph): The Major Mending buff granted by this morph is now tied to your own damage shield. If the damage shield is removed, the Major Mending bonus will also be removed.
      Developer Comment:
      Major Mending is an extremely potent buff category for healing. The ease at which you are able to maintain it creates a system where only extreme damage can kill you because your health bar rapidly swings from near-empty to full. Adjusting the uptime on Igneous Shield’s Major Mending means you will need to think more tactically about when to use your healing abilities while also giving enemies counterplay towards stopping them.
      And you dare to say DKs and NBs have better resource management than sorcs? The class tha can pop a shield to heal and recover resources in ONE skill? Maybe on live they can... but from now on, resource management is a sorc department thanks to your beloved @Wroebel

Which is a lot O.o
    385 magicka per base attack is so huge. If I had this as a Sorc, I would never need to worry about regen again.
    And it makes perfect sense, that you gain no major mending while that shield is not active. Why would you anyway ?
    Actually, I thought it was like that all the time. I didn't know that major mending actually lingers on you even when the shield is gone. It should have never been this way in the first place.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vosital wrote: »
    Sometimes I'm wondering whether some people prioritize getting other classes nerfed or whether they prioritize reverting the nerfs to their own classes... Seems like the former.

It's both, but nerfs to Sorcs are as important if not more important. Because:

1. Sorcs are already overtuned in Homestead and are the strongest PvP class. They need nerfs regardless of what happens in the rest of this patch.
    2. Some of the resource management nerfs actually make sense and can be healthy for the game. The problem is, when they only nerf 3/4 class there becomes a great disbalance. Especially when the one class they don't nerf is already the strongest.

@Vosital Tell me what buffs Sorc (specifically Sorc, not Destro Staff or Fighters Guild), has received since Thieves Guild.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Vosital
    Vosital
    ✭✭✭✭

@Zarrakon

LOL I can't even

Exactly, you can't.

[*]Siphoning
    • Siphoning Strikes:
        Developer Comments:

[*]Earthen Heart
      Developer Comments:
      Developer Comments:
      Developer Comment:
      And you dare to say DKs and NBs have better resource management than sorcs? The class tha can pop a shield to heal and recover resources in ONE skill? Maybe on live they can... but from now on, resource management is a sorc department thanks to your beloved @Wroebel

Which is a lot O.o
    385 magicka per base attack is so huge. If I had this as a Sorc, I would never need to worry about regen again.
    And it makes perfect sense, that you gain no major mending while that shield is not active. Why would you anyway ?
    Actually, I thought it was like that all the time. I didn't know that major mending actually lingers on you even when the shield is gone. It should have never been this way in the first place.

You do realize the DK shield is absolute garbage, right? If it wasn't for the resource management and mending from it, not a single person would slot it on their bar.

Not only that, it costs an insane amount of magika to cast, and gives back a tiny amount of stamina. It basically doesn't even give mending anymore because such a tiny shield is going to be gone in half a second.

Meanwhile Sorcs can press a button, get you're desired stat back and health for a waaaay better ratio. It's like 3x more efficient than casting Igneous.

This skill needs to get massive nerfs. Stop trying to defend this broken skill.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zarrakon

LOL I can't even

Exactly, you can't.

[*]Siphoning
    • Siphoning Strikes:
        Developer Comments:

[*]Earthen Heart
      Developer Comments:
      Developer Comments:
      Developer Comment:

Which is a lot O.o

You do realize the DK shield is absolute garbage, right? If it wasn't for the resource management and mending from it, not a single person would slot it on their bar.

Not only that, it costs an insane amount of magika to cast, and gives back a tiny amount of stamina. It basically doesn't even give mending anymore because such a tiny shield is going to be gone in half a second.

Meanwhile Sorcs can press a button, get you're desired stat back and health for a waaaay better ratio. It's like 3x more efficient than casting Igneous.

This skill needs to get massive nerfs. Stop trying to defend this broken skill.

Provided you manage to get the cast through.
    I also said, that it needs adjusment (the stamina version) but I honestly think that it should be much more rewarding than things other classes have at their disposal. Because it's more risky to use. It needs some adjusment, but not a massive nerf.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Vosital
    Vosital
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I'm wondering whether some people prioritize getting other classes nerfed or whether they prioritize reverting the nerfs to their own classes... Seems like the former.

1. Sorcs are already overtuned in Homestead and are the strongest PvP class. They need nerfs regardless of what happens in the rest of this patch.
    2. Some of the resource management nerfs actually make sense and can be healthy for the game. The problem is, when they only nerf 3/4 class there becomes a great disbalance. Especially when the one class they don't nerf is already the strongest.

@Vosital Tell me what buffs Sorc (specifically Sorc, not Destro Staff or Fighters Guild), has received since Thieves Guild.

-Haunting is way better
    -8% flat damage buff. "But everyone can use a staff!" Yeah, no. The only people that can use a staff in PvP are Mag Sorcs and Mag NBs.
    -As more CPs are released, more points in the broken CP Bastion can be put in.

Those are just some off the top of my head. I am going to repeat the same thing here as I've been saying. Balance is all relative. Other classes are receiving nerfs and have been getting indirectly buffed for a long time. Some examples:

Desert Rose and Trainee gutted? This hurts Magplars and DKs a ton
    Force Pulse can't be reflected anymore? Another massive benefit to Sorcs

When you start looking at it like this, it becomes very clear how Sorcs have gotten to the point where they are so broken right now. Not to mention, Sorcs should have been nerfed long ago and simply haven't. This fact alone is ridiculous.
    Edited by Vosital on April 27, 2017 3:22PM
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane

Sorcs sustain skill doesn't require a target, which is very beneficial also they have cost reduction passively which is very powerful now that CP and Armor cost reduction is getting nerfed.

I think Dark conversion should be based on max level, or reduce to resource return and problem fixed.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drishtan wrote: »
    I mean it the only time I can interrupt that skill is if im spamming bash as a magic toon. Well guess what I can only bash a few time then guess what i cant break free if i get cced.

FIX DARK DEAL NOW! Increase cast time to 2.2 sec minimum!!!

That's not "fixing" that's rendering a skill useless. The only way to prevent the "spam" of Dark Deal is making the resource return happen over several seconds after casting. So the heal happens instantly after the channel, but the resource is restored over 3 or 4 seconds (keeping the same resource return as its no longer spammable). Dark Deal should totally have a more obvious animation, but it still has counterplay unlike any other class specific resource return mechanic in the game (Battle Roar and Helping Hands don't have counters, neither does Repentance or Channeled Focus, neither do Siphoning Attacks, all of which have been unnecessarily nerfed).

Also the heal is already 8k.

Also stop writing in caps you look like a child. If you seriously think that without providing any arguments/evidence to support your claim and writing in cap is going to get you a dev response, you're very wrong.

Actually the heal is 10k.

And about CAPs ILL DO WHAT I WANT!

You wonder if we just want to nerf other class???? Are you kidding me? SORCs WHERE LEFT UNTOUCHED in 2 sets of patch notes when EVERY OTHER CLASS WAS CHANGED! HOW IS THAT BALANCED???
    Gotta love that completely non-childish response given.

You should yell more, Drish. Oh, an tag a whole bunch more moderators, because that works everytime, too.

Check out these other helpful hints

What 12 pages worth of bs seem to miss thus far is that other class passives give other functionality - functionality Sorc passives don't generally get like bonuses to heals, damage, mitigation.

LA gets better regen/cost redux (which were both nerfed, btw) at the expense of mitigation.

And the heal from Dark Deal, either morph is 8059 otherwise known as 8k, just like @IzakiBrotherSs tried to tell you.

You don't think Sorc passives give functionality? Sorcs have the strongest passives in the game. Full stop. Implosion, Expert Mage, Blood Magic, POWER STONE, Energized, etc.

That is the single most OP list of passives in game. What drugs are you guys on??

Power Stone? Dark Magic? The others I agree are very strong. But not these 2, they are perfectly in line with other passives. The ultimate generation... You can look through my previous posts on this thread to see where I show that Power Stone is roughly the same Ult gain as other classes, so while it is a good passive, its just as good as the ultimate generation from the following class passives: Mountain's Blessing, Prism and Transfer

NBs have ridiculously strong passives too. All classes have some very strong passives. Want proof?
    Templar: Piercing Spear, Burning Light, Balanced Warrior
    DK: Battle Roar, Helping Hands (even with nerfs these passives are still very strong)
    NB: Catalyst, Pressure Points, Hemorrhage, Refreshing Shadows, Magicka Flood

Needless to say NB has more stronger passives than all the other classes. Sorc has 3.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pijng wrote: »
    BohnT wrote: »
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    But again Not ONE sorc has gave a rational argument as to why they didnt get any changes in both pts patch notes.

Wow, you're really frothing mad about this.

Have you considered asking for help? Stepping away from the computer?

It's not healthy.

Yes I am mad. How is this balacning the game when you make 100 million changes and not one of them is to the sorc.

This is ********* Crazy!

No if i step away from the computer all the sorcs will veto any change god forbid they make one.

This can't be healthy or fun for you, and ZOS tends to ignore one angry person posting repeatedly in one thread (like the dark Brotherhood days, sorc nerf).

All this publish will do is force me to put my stam NB away (sadly) and play my sorc more. Or play other games when that's boring.

Oh yea and having everyones class except sorcs nerfed is really FUNNNN!!! LMFAO!

Sorc suffers the same blanket sustain nerfs everyone else does... I had to triple check the patch notes, the only class passives "nerfed" in regards to sustain are DKs. All other classes are untouched.

No nbs and templars got nerfed too.
    Nbs get resources with siphoning strikes which got nerfed into the ground it isn't worth slotting anymore

Templar get resources with repentance which got nerfed too and is now only usefull for the templar and not the resto of the group.
    Saying that the other classes weren't nerfed is simply wrong except for sorc of course

Sustain of dks nerfed, nb nerfed(oh my sipho) and plars too. But they still will cry you about "cp nerf is the cause of sorcs nerf"...no words
    Just do not pay attention to them, they are fools

Alright show me some maths! Lets see who's a fool here.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @BohnT You still didn't reply to my previous post I tagged you in. Seems to me you're not wanting to face facts.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Zarrakon

LOL I can't even

Exactly, you can't.

[*]Siphoning
    • Siphoning Strikes:
        Developer Comments:

[*]Earthen Heart
      Developer Comments:
      Developer Comments:
      Developer Comment:

Which is a lot O.o

385 magicka on a skill that cost 2.8K during 20 secs, are you kidding me? you need to connect 7 light attacks to recover the cost... SEVEN, SIETE, SIEBEN, 7, VII.

how many LA can you connect consecutively in live during 20 secs?

Cost reduction? Ok, if you are able to reduce the base cost to 1700 magicka, you need 4 LA, the same 4 LA you need to proc merciless. You know why people don't use that skill on PvP? Because it is too hard to connect those 4 LA. If you are weaving maybe you can connect, but weaving implies using your magicka pool, so the return is neglectable.

Then you have shields associated to major mending. You know how strong is a shield for a stam or mag DK? les than 2 K because they escalate on Health. any proc attack brings down that shield so you are forced to spam it. So you are killing DK healer, and stam DK, to get a decen heal needs to slot GDB (for the stam return) and vigor to get a decent heal (because you know, vigor cost has been raised). 2 heals just to make 1 work.

Then we have sorcs, who can get 4 K stam in 1 sec. Spam the skill 3 times and you get a decent pool. Problems with stam or magicka after doing that? You just need a pot to recover half the pool (even those pots you can buy with AP are enough)

3secs, 12k stam/magicka...

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

-Haunting is way better
    -8% flat damage buff. "But everyone can use a staff!" Yeah, no. The only people that can use a staff in PvP are Mag Sorcs and Mag NBs.

Those are just some off the top of my head. I am going to repeat the same thing here as I've been saying. Balance is all relative. Other classes are receiving nerfs and have been getting indirectly buffed for a long time. Some examples:

When you start looking at it like this, it becomes very clear how Sorcs have gotten to the point where they are so broken right now. Not to mention, Sorcs should have been nerfed long ago and simply haven't. This fact alone is ridiculous.

1 buff. Haunting Curse. Pets that's 2. Curse becoming unblockable for a second time (spent like 2 patches being blockable), that's 3. 3 buffs in 5 patches.

Every single class uses a Destro Staff in PvE, so that buff affects indeed every class. You CAN use a Destro Staff in PvP on any class, you choose not to, that's a different story. Magplars can use a Destro. Even DKs can use a Destro if they build for it.

So now for the fun part: bring me some real evidence about how Sorc is overperforming. Like real evidence. Backed up with math and constructive un-biased reasoning.

I'm surprised I'm backing up Sorcs this much... Considering my main is a stamblade and how much I hate going up against a Sorc. More than 80% on the posts on this thread are either complete garbage or they are not providing any reasoning. In both cases those posts are worthless to the devs. They don't care about someone whining about something. They care about constructive feedback. AKA Well thought out posts with explained reasoning.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    @Dracane

Sorcs sustain skill doesn't require a target, which is very beneficial also they have cost reduction passively which is very powerful now that CP and Armor cost reduction is getting nerfed.

I think Dark conversion should be based on max level, or reduce to resource return and problem fixed.

^ I agree.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Drishtan
    Drishtan
    ✭✭✭

For one Haunting Curse...

So your busted...
    Options
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭

385 magicka on a skill that cost 2.8K during 20 secs, are you kidding me? you need to connect 7 light attacks to recover the cost... SEVEN, SIETE, SIEBEN, 7, VII.

kek, designed by zos
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
    Options
  • Vosital
    Vosital
    ✭✭✭✭
    So now for the fun part: bring me some real evidence about how Sorc is overperforming. Like real evidence. Backed up with math and constructive un-biased reasoning.

1. There's this thing called the PTS. You can test PvP with dueling and Battlegrounds, although we can't talk about the latter. Regardless, it is very clear that this class is overperforming and way too strong. You do the most damage, are the most mobile, and are the hardest to kill. There is no reason not to play a Mag Sorc right now.

2. Even if you're too lazy to test, just use common sense. Sorcs are already insane in Homestead. Every other class is getting gutted. Meanwhile, Sorcs and Shields remain untouched. What did you expect to happen?
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Haunting is way better

1 buff. Haunting Curse. Pets that's 2. Curse becoming unblockable for a second time (spent like 2 patches being blockable), that's 3. 3 buffs in 5 patches.

Every single class uses a Destro Staff in PvE, so that buff affects indeed every class. You CAN use a Destro Staff in PvP on any class, you choose not to, that's a different story. Magplars can use a Destro. Even DKs can use a Destro if they build for it.

I'm surprised I'm backing up Sorcs this much... Considering my main is a stamblade and how much I hate going up against a Sorc. More than 80% on the posts on this thread are either complete garbage or they are not providing any reasoning. In both cases those posts are worthless to the devs. They don't care about someone whining about something. They care about constructive feedback. AKA Well thought out posts with explained reasoning.

Pets becoming playable shouldn't be considered a buff after the sht show of the past 3 years they had
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 27, 2017 3:43PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zarrakon

LOL I can't even

Exactly, you can't.

[*]Siphoning
    • Siphoning Strikes:
        Developer Comments:

[*]Earthen Heart
      Developer Comments:
      Developer Comments:
      Developer Comment:

Which is a lot O.o

how many LA can you connect consecutively in live during 20 secs?

Cost reduction? Ok, if you are able to reduce the base cost to 1700 magicka, you need 4 LA, the same 4 LA you need to proc merciless. You know why people don't use that skill on PvP? Because it is too hard to connect those 4 LA. If you are weaving maybe you can connect, but weaving implies using your magicka pool, so the return is neglectable.

Then you have shields associated to major mending. You know how strong is a shield for a stam or mag DK? les than 2 K because they escalate on Health. any proc attack brings down that shield so you are forced to spam it. So you are killing DK healer, and stam DK, to get a decen heal needs to slot GDB (for the stam return) and vigor to get a decent heal (because you know, vigor cost has been raised). 2 heals just to make 1 work.

Then we have sorcs, who can get 4 K stam in 1 sec. Spam the skill 3 times and you get a decent pool. Problems with stam or magicka after doing that? You just need a pot to recover half the pool (even those pots you can buy with AP are enough)

3secs, 12k stam/magicka...

I have never seen a Nightblade who doesn't use merciless resolve, not a single one. Be it stam or mag. And there is also no easier way to obtain a permanent minor berserk.

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For one Haunting Curse...

So your busted...

I never claimed that there were no buffs to Sorcs. I said list them all. So no Haunting Curse being the only one is exactly my point, aka the opposite of being busted.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

-Haunting is way better

Pets becoming playable shouldn't be considered a buff after the sht show of the past 3 years they had

@Waffennacht I think that the fact that my pet is pulling as much DPS as my Liquid Lightning and Fire Blockade is a good enough buff to pets. They are still crap in PvP. But you can't separate the two game modes in class balance discussions.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options