The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Sorcs and Favoritism

• Drishtan
    Drishtan
    ✭✭✭
    Drishtan wrote: »
    Ok since you really dont understand why lets list the passives.

1.) Capacitor- Increases the Vestige's Magicka regeneration by 5%.
    2.) Expert Mage- Reduces the cost of Storm Calling spells by 5%.
    3.) Unholy Knowledge- Reduces Magicka and Stamina costs by 3%.
    4.) Rebate- Player receives 10% max Magicka when one their summoned creatures is killed.
    5.) Reduces the cost of Ultimate skills by 8%.
    6.) Daderic Protection- Increases the Vestige's Health regeneration rate by 10% with any Summoning skill slotted.
    7.) Implosion- OP Plain and simple(Not a resource one but extermely OP)

So again Please list all the DK sustain Passive! They touch every other classes passives but leave all these sorc passives completely untouched???? WHY ZOS WHY????
    You mean aside from Battle Roar, Mountain's Blessing, Helping Hands, and Elder Dragon?

Well, I suppose there are none, then.

Can you show me which Sorc passives returned a percentage of resource(s) other than Blood Magic?

Perhaps that's why DK passives got changed to flat rate and Sorc passives got changed from %...well, I guess most of those were already flat rate?

Care to compare the passives that add snares, mitigation, additional damage? Care to compare the skills that add damage, mitigation, healing, regen, or enemy debuffs? How about the Sorc Ult that basically makes incoming damage null and void for 9 seconds?

You got cost reductions on two different spells on DK. I don't recall any Sorc threads whining "Why didn't we get any reductions? *sadface* "

The classes are built differently for different purposes - always have been. WTF is your point?
    But again Not ONE sorc has gave a rational argument as to why they didnt get any changes in both pts patch notes.
    As indicated above, Sorcs had only one % based return in Blood Magic, so short of stacking Health (which no Sorc does), there were no % based return passives to change to flat rate. They were already there.

You act as if you have no useful skills and no useful passives. You're pissed because you lost your OP % based returns. Those don't have, nor have ever had, anything to do with Sorcs.

YES GIVE ME IMPLOSION AND ILL SHUT UP

NO DONT WANT TO GIVE IT TO ME?? Then LETS TAKE IT FROM YOU BC you dont need it right?
    Options
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Subversus wrote: »
    Dude above is trying to say that sorcs are fine cause they run out of magicka fast on the pts while stacking shields. Uhm hello sorcs aren't the only ones stacking shields, but they are THE ONLY shieldstacker that didn't get class specific nerfs. Come again, tell my magblade how bad your shield stacking sustain is.

@Zarrakon

But no really, at this point this becomes a problem with the actual changes than with the classes, and we're just throwing *** at each other. No nerfs should negate like 80% of the playstyles and builds in a game that is bragging about the freedom to create your own build.

Omg. Nightblade has soooo much better in combat sustain.
    Please, show me a magicka Sorc who uses dark conversion in combat, or at all. It's only the stamina crowd who can afford to use it.
    No magicka Sorc will take the risk of casting this inside of combat (unless you are a notorious line of sight breaker or when you can stand safely in the back), resulting in mag sorc having the WORST sustain of all class, the worst by far. Dark conversion is just so risky to use as a mag sorc, it's not wise.

Sorcerer has no sustain utility at all. Our only sustain is locked behind a 1 second cast, while all other classes get their sustain rather passively while using their regular stuff. It's so ridiculous.

LOL I can't even

Exactly, you can't.
    Try using dark conversion against me as a magicka Sorcerer. You will not get it off and then you'll see your "superior and infinite" sustain-

Your comments are honestly beyond ridiculous. I don't take you seriously.

Ah so you say that sacrifising your precious stamina to restore some magicka with a 1 second cast is convenient ? When focus by enemies who only need to interrupt you ? You should take it very seriously. I, unlike you, do play mag sorc all the time and I know that this spell is not usable during combat. You don't have the stam nor the safety to use it.

YUP THOSE RESOURCES PLUS HEAL ON DEMAND SOOOOOOOOOO INCONVENIENT. GAWD GUYS DO I REALLY NEED TO USE AN ABILITY WHEN PLAYING? VERY UNFAIR! SAD!

For a class that needs to be so cautious with their stamina, yes, it definately is.
    Nightblades activate siphoning and are good to go and receive it all passively, Dks get ressource just by using their regular shield and ults and templar has rune focus and radiant aura+ morphs.

Only Sorc has its ressources locked behind a 1 second cast. I too think the stamina version of dark exchange is too easy to use and with no risk. Because magicka is not needed for a stam Sorc to survive and they have shuffle which can dodge bashes and interrupt attacks. But the magicka version is a complete different story, not compareable to dark deal easy mode.

What syphoning? That that restores 385 magicka only in basic attacks?

[*]Siphoning
    • Leeching Strikes (Siphoning Strikes morph): This morph now converts the ability into a Stamina ability and causes your Light and Heavy Attacks to restore Stamina based on your character level.
    • Siphoning Attacks (Siphoning Strikes morph): This morph now causes your Light and Heavy Attacks to also restore Magicka based on your character level.
    • Siphoning Strikes:
      • This ability now causes your Light and Heavy Attacks to restore Health instead of Magicka or Stamina.
      • Increased the duration of this ability and its morphs to 20 seconds from 15 seconds.
        Developer Comments:
        This is a significant reduction to the Magicka and Stamina restored by these abilities, but the addition of Health restore should give Nightblades more healing to improve their survivability.

What dks Shields? Those that don't provide mending if they're not active? what ults? those that restore a fixed amount of magicka, stamina and health now? What helping hands? A skill that restore less stam if you have a stam pool higher than 20k?

[*]Earthen Heart
    • Battle Roar: This passive ability now restores an equal amount of Health, Magicka, and Stamina when you use an Ultimate ability, and the amounts are now based on your character level instead of your Max Resource(s).
      Developer Comments:
      This will be a buff for each particular resource if your maximum is below 26,000, and a reduction if it is above. This will generally result in a buff to overall resources restored, but a reduction to the specific resource you are stacking.
    • Helping Hands: This passive ability now restores Stamina based on your character level instead of your Max Stamina.
      Developer Comments:
      This will be a buff if your Maximum Stamina is below 19,800 and a reduction if it is above.
    • Igneous Shield (Obsidian Shield morph): The Major Mending buff granted by this morph is now tied to your own damage shield. If the damage shield is removed, the Major Mending bonus will also be removed.
      Developer Comment:
      Major Mending is an extremely potent buff category for healing. The ease at which you are able to maintain it creates a system where only extreme damage can kill you because your health bar rapidly swings from near-empty to full. Adjusting the uptime on Igneous Shield’s Major Mending means you will need to think more tactically about when to use your healing abilities while also giving enemies counterplay towards stopping them.
      3 And you dare to say DKs and NBs have better resource management than sorcs? The class tha can pop a shield to heal and recover resources in ONE skill? Maybe on live they can... but from now on, resource management is a sorc department thanks to your beloved @Wroebel

Which is a lot O.o
    385 magicka per base attack is so huge. If I had this as a Sorc, I would never need to worry about regen again.
    And it makes perfect sense, that you gain no major mending while that shield is not active. Why would you anyway ?
    Actually, I thought it was like that all the time. I didn't know that major mending actually lingers on you even when the shield is gone. It should have never been this way in the first place.
    Well, 385 magic a per attack... you will never need to worry about magic hm. Pve or pvp? Let's face it that there is not so many of them, magnb is a rare person in pve groups. However they are really strong in ma but after changes = no sustain from sypho. Same as stamina nightblades(especially stamnb).
    In pvp, as a magblade I promise you that I'll replace my sypho with elemental drain(which is worse than old sipho just because it won't give you a steam back to deal with all cc but a lot more magic a with just crippling grasp and ele than by weaving with trash sipho attacks.
    Options
  • Drishtan
    Drishtan
    ✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

Sorcs were getting curse NERFED, they cried and they BUFFED CURSE INSTEAD OF NERFING!!!

Umm what about the millions of patch they gutted everyother class. The last time the gutted sorc they became the top PVE AND PVP DPS..

You are crazy my friend.

The change to haunting curse is literally irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. I still reapply curse every 3.5 seconds and the times that the echo is beneficial is so miniscule. It's hardly a buff. Meanwhile, DKs, Templars, and Nightblades got functional buffs that actually improved the class.

I am not at all complaining about the state of sorc, and I didn't cry when we didn't get any buffs last cycle. My issue is that the rhetoric on the forums is blown way out of proportion, because I fight against sorcs all the time and never struggle or feel an imbalance. The people that are whining right now do so because either:

A.) they have no idea how to fight sorcs and its a l2p issue
    B.) They are just salty that sorcs aren't seeing nerfs and are on this crusade out of a petty agenda rather than logical and credible balance concerns.

Both of which are hella lame reasons to make new nerf sorcs threads every single god damn day.

LMFAO OF course how can you not be mad that the most OP class is not getting nerfed...You an idiot my friend.
    Options
  • Drishtan
    Drishtan
    ✭✭✭
    I like how when a legitimate sorc buff doesn't fit your narrative you call it "irrelevant"

It's irrelevant because I get no functionality out of it. Yes, technically it is a 'buff'. But its not a buff in the way that backlash, fire leap, coag blood, 5% damage to whip, improved shadowy path, or ranged impale are buffs.

The curse 'buff' was literally intended to help inept sorcs use the skill more easily, not improve the power of the class . It was a quality of life change for bad sorcs, not a true buff.

So I stand by my point that every class got functional buffs besides sorc last patch, which only saw a nerf to overload. So its cool if everyone gets a nerf but sorcs this time around far as I care.

LMFAO Again, these were buff to bring them in line with every other class! Cyrstal frag, Suprise Attack etc hit harder than whip and it needed to be brough in line with other and then they adjusted the cost to be in line with the others as well...

Again you points are invalid.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pijng wrote: »
    Dude above is trying to say that sorcs are fine cause they run out of magicka fast on the pts while stacking shields. Uhm hello sorcs aren't the only ones stacking shields, but they are THE ONLY shieldstacker that didn't get class specific nerfs. Come again, tell my magblade how bad your shield stacking sustain is.

@Zarrakon

But no really, at this point this becomes a problem with the actual changes than with the classes, and we're just throwing *** at each other. No nerfs should negate like 80% of the playstyles and builds in a game that is bragging about the freedom to create your own build.

Please, show me a magicka Sorc who uses dark conversion in combat, or at all. It's only the stamina crowd who can afford to use it.
    No magicka Sorc will take the risk of casting this inside of combat (unless you are a notorious line of sight breaker or when you can stand safely in the back), resulting in mag sorc having the WORST sustain of all class, the worst by far. Dark conversion is just so risky to use as a mag sorc, it's not wise.

Sorcerer has no sustain utility at all. Our only sustain is locked behind a 1 second cast, while all other classes get their sustain rather passively while using their regular stuff. It's so ridiculous.

LOL I can't even

Exactly, you can't.
    Try using dark conversion against me as a magicka Sorcerer. You will not get it off and then you'll see your "superior and infinite" sustain-

Ah so you say that sacrifising your precious stamina to restore some magicka with a 1 second cast is convenient ? When focus by enemies who only need to interrupt you ? You should take it very seriously. I, unlike you, do play mag sorc all the time and I know that this spell is not usable during combat. You don't have the stam nor the safety to use it.

YUP THOSE RESOURCES PLUS HEAL ON DEMAND SOOOOOOOOOO INCONVENIENT. GAWD GUYS DO I REALLY NEED TO USE AN ABILITY WHEN PLAYING? VERY UNFAIR! SAD!

For a class that needs to be so cautious with their stamina, yes, it definately is.
    Nightblades activate siphoning and are good to go and receive it all passively, Dks get ressource just by using their regular shield and ults and templar has rune focus and radiant aura+ morphs.

Only Sorc has its ressources locked behind a 1 second cast. I too think the stamina version of dark exchange is too easy to use and with no risk. Because magicka is not needed for a stam Sorc to survive and they have shuffle which can dodge bashes and interrupt attacks. But the magicka version is a complete different story, not compareable to dark deal easy mode.

[*]Siphoning
    • Leeching Strikes (Siphoning Strikes morph): This morph now converts the ability into a Stamina ability and causes your Light and Heavy Attacks to restore Stamina based on your character level.
    • Siphoning Attacks (Siphoning Strikes morph): This morph now causes your Light and Heavy Attacks to also restore Magicka based on your character level.
    • Siphoning Strikes:
      • This ability now causes your Light and Heavy Attacks to restore Health instead of Magicka or Stamina.
      • Increased the duration of this ability and its morphs to 20 seconds from 15 seconds.
        Developer Comments:
        This is a significant reduction to the Magicka and Stamina restored by these abilities, but the addition of Health restore should give Nightblades more healing to improve their survivability.

What dks Shields? Those that don't provide mending if they're not active? what ults? those that restore a fixed amount of magicka, stamina and health now? What helping hands? A skill that restore less stam if you have a stam pool higher than 20k?

[*]Earthen Heart
    • Battle Roar: This passive ability now restores an equal amount of Health, Magicka, and Stamina when you use an Ultimate ability, and the amounts are now based on your character level instead of your Max Resource(s).
      Developer Comments:
      This will be a buff for each particular resource if your maximum is below 26,000, and a reduction if it is above. This will generally result in a buff to overall resources restored, but a reduction to the specific resource you are stacking.
    • Helping Hands: This passive ability now restores Stamina based on your character level instead of your Max Stamina.
      Developer Comments:
      This will be a buff if your Maximum Stamina is below 19,800 and a reduction if it is above.
    • Igneous Shield (Obsidian Shield morph): The Major Mending buff granted by this morph is now tied to your own damage shield. If the damage shield is removed, the Major Mending bonus will also be removed.
      Developer Comment:
      Major Mending is an extremely potent buff category for healing. The ease at which you are able to maintain it creates a system where only extreme damage can kill you because your health bar rapidly swings from near-empty to full. Adjusting the uptime on Igneous Shield’s Major Mending means you will need to think more tactically about when to use your healing abilities while also giving enemies counterplay towards stopping them.
      3 And you dare to say DKs and NBs have better resource management than sorcs? The class tha can pop a shield to heal and recover resources in ONE skill? Maybe on live they can... but from now on, resource management is a sorc department thanks to your beloved @Wroebel

Which is a lot O.o
    385 magicka per base attack is so huge. If I had this as a Sorc, I would never need to worry about regen again.
    And it makes perfect sense, that you gain no major mending while that shield is not active. Why would you anyway ?
    Actually, I thought it was like that all the time. I didn't know that major mending actually lingers on you even when the shield is gone. It should have never been this way in the first place.
    Well, 385 magic a per attack... you will never need to worry about magic hm. Pve or pvp? Let's face it that there is not so many of them, magnb is a rare person in pve groups. However they are really strong in ma but after changes = no sustain from sypho. Same as stamina nightblades(especially stamnb).
    In pvp, as a magblade I promise you that I'll replace my sypho with elemental drain(which is worse than old sipho just because it won't give you a steam back to deal with all cc but a lot more magic a with just crippling grasp and ele than by weaving with trash sipho attacks.

It is NOT per attack, it is per basic (light or heavy) attack. Light and heavy attacks are easily dodge on live.

@to all sorcs: Let me give you a trick to kill any stamblade on PvP with this changes. Since Stamblade has no way to recover magicka, unless they slot a 2.7K magicka skill, the only thing you need to do is to slot a damage/drain magicka poison. After it procs, just laught at them, trying to use cloak or fear...

edit: anyway, if you find a stamblade in cyro after Morrowind, take a picture of them, maybe it's worth a Pulitzer....
    Edited by Xvorg on April 27, 2017 5:06PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Drishtan
    Drishtan
    ✭✭✭

Like I said, it's funny how you call buff irrelevant to fit your narrative. Buffs are buffs. Some are more potent than others. But a buff is a buff.

To put that in perspective; I agree that Fire Leap is a buff. But I don't get much functionality out of it because Shooting Star is still far superior for mDK burst. I nevertheless agree that it is a buff however because I'm a reasonable person. This thread wouldn't have derailed like it did if Sorcs could be reasonable. But apparently you guys can't be.

Highly debatable whether meteor or leap is better. Theres no debate that the standard application of curse is superior to utilizing the echo. Bad argument.

If you look at how much people are frothing at the mouth and some of the demands they are making for nerfs, I don't think its sorcs that are being the unreasonable ones here. People are being driven by a vandetta, not logic or true understanding of balance right now.

The only problem with the class is that people would rather cry for nerfs to it than learn how to counter it. Im sorry, you cant fix incompetence with balance changes. Sorcs are perfectly fine if you know how to play against em. But if you don't, then ya I totally get the rabid hatred.

LMFAO, Ok L2P, So the counterplay you are talking about it bashing dark exchange, well guess what the time it shows the animation its already done, so u bash nothing happens u lose stam. So ok then you say well you have to guess when they will cast it, Ok so you start bashing when u think it will happen there is a global cooldown of 1 sec so u bash they see u do they cast u cant bash they win. Ok so u keep bashing till u finally stop them, they cc break and cast again bc they didnt lose any resources the first time. I bash again im out of stam bc im mag, sorc procs frag, mages wrath HA and crushing i die.

Ok how do you counter pay crushing shock? Oh wait its not reflect-able anymore so u cant.

You are not winning lmfao..Counter play you say...So tell me how a mag dk counter a mag sorc, bc I have never beaten a sorc that knows how to play his class 1v1.

LMFAO
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You bet. Check the top character of your own signature line... ;)
    NO DONT WANT TO GIVE IT TO ME?? Then LETS TAKE IT FROM YOU BC you dont need it right?
    Lol, if a 6 percent proc chance is killing you at 15% health, you were already dead.

But seriously, good luck on your tirade. I recommend more yelling.
    @to all sorcs: Let me give you a trick to kill any stamblade on PvP with this changes. Since Stamblade has no way to recover magicka, unless they slot a 2.7K magicka skill, the only thing you need to do is to slot a damage/drain magicka poison. After it procs, just laught at them, trying to use cloak or fear...

edit: anyway, if you find a stamblade in cyro after Morrowind, take a picture of them, maybe it's worth a Pulitzer....
    Hmmm...seems like you could do the same thing on a Sorc, with no way to recover stamina, using a damage/drain stamina poison.

How 'bout that?

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on April 27, 2017 5:14PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Drishtan
    Drishtan
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, if a 6 percent proc chance is killing you at 15% health, you were already dead.

But seriously, good luck on your tirade.

LOL you can be cute all you want doesnt change the fact sorcs are OP and deserve nerfs just like the rest of the classes.

Ok 15% Im auto dead? Ok Lets change it so if you are 25% HP or less all damage done to you is oblivion damage, bc if you cast a shield at 15% you dont need to live bc your dead already so lets make it oblivion damage.
    Edited by Drishtan on April 27, 2017 5:15PM
    Options
  • Drishtan
    Drishtan
    ✭✭✭
    You know what else is 6% right now Pirate Skeley... Im not even going to get started on that broken ass set on this.
    Options
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @IzakiBrotherSs But battel grounds will be no CP if i Havent missed anything. So small scale balance should be based on no CP so with every class getting nerfed it seems sorc should get stroner just by not getting nerfed no?

With heavy nerfs people will use medium or weaker heavy builds that helps magicka sorc a lot. But maybe heavy meta Held back dk, nb and templar and some crazy build put them on top.
    Options
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Pijng wrote: »

@Zarrakon

LOL I can't even

Exactly, you can't.

[*]Siphoning
    • Siphoning Strikes:
        Developer Comments:

[*]Earthen Heart
      Developer Comments:
      Developer Comments:
      Developer Comment:

Which is a lot O.o

It is NOT per attack, it is per basic (light or heavy) attack. Light and heavy attacks are easily dodge on live.

That was my bad, sorry. But I really meant a LA or HA.. And yeah, all ravage poison will be nerfed a bit
    Edited by Pijng on April 27, 2017 5:28PM
    Options
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vosital wrote: »
    Paraflex wrote: »
    I'd image with how much people are upset about sorcs well see some nerfs on the PTS

You'd think so, but every time PTS Cycle rolls around, everyone is like "uhh.. can you maybe balance the game so PvP is not 90% Sorcs and Trials don't consist of 8 Sorcs 1 DK for the DPS?"

And somehow Sorcs never get nerfed, and they get the most benefit from the patch.

It is like this every. single. time.

Have you only been playing ESO for the last 3 months? Because otherwise this is a ridiculous lie. Sorcs got continuous nerfs for TWO YEARS straight (2015 and 2016)! I guess you weren't here when Bolt Escape got hot hit with the worst nerf in MMO history, an exponentially increasing cost! And where were you when Surge got nerfed into uselessness? Believe it or not, Sorcs never used wards in 2014, we could survive on Surge alone.

Sorcs have been crap since the Imperial City DLC. The only thing that's changed in the last few months is that Stamina got nerfed a little and Destro staff got buffed a little. The ONLY buff PvP Sorcs have seen is the tiniest little change to Curse. The only buff for PvE Sorcs was a slight increase to Volatile Familiar damage, finally making it a viable DOT.

Cyrodiil is full of unkillable DKs and Templars in heavy armor, so I guess most of the whining is coming from Nightblades. NBs were literal god-mode since the IC dropped, so there's a lot of crying ever since Stamina got balanced with Magicka a few months ago. Did these guys really think they were going to be OP forever?

Sorcs are fine. If you got nerfed then complain to ZOS about THAT, but leave Sorcs alone!

@Emma_Overload Is this a joke?

These are literally all false examples, and people agree with you? Yes; leave Sorcerers alone, they are at the highest level right now=buff the other classes. Worst nerf in mmo history was to streak? Theres a video of some dude bolt escaping out of an outnumbered fight and was literally toying with a full sized group by spamming one cheap button. Surge got nerfed into uselessness? Do you even play your own class? Everyone on Stam sorc farms VMA with just one heal=surge including myself.. 'Sorcerers have been crap SINCE IC'...How can anyone agree with this??? Stamina got nerfed a 'little' crit damage went down+nerf to maelstrom weapons, what are you talking about? Destro got buffed a 'little'...8% buff single target and lightning staffs beast aoe, right(Destro ult, Hi). Pets got doubled their armour/more health/dps boosting the already powerful necropotence set and guess what setup is the strongest in pve atm? Little changes to curse I.E an automatically second free cast that perfects your rotation in pve and yet another double counter to cloaking NBs lol...The irony in the threads title 'Sorcs and favoritism'... You cannot even admit that your class is the strongest class in the game instead just playing victim to past nerfs and pointing your fingers to DK/Temp heavy armour builds that don't kill anything and don't die(Maybe you should admit it now; for the record). And for the record I do main NB. This is not opinion, it is fact.

Ohh right and Sorcs never used wards in 2014?

Hmmm seems like no one is using shields alright...smh; literally damn near the same bars as now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMzUdCzamb0
    The Flyers
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's follow the idea to buff classes instead of nerfing them, so:

NBs:

1- Give cloak its purge back
    2- Give impale, CW, assa will and cripple frozen dmg and a chance to proc frozen status
    3- Reverse strife cost nerf
    4- Give grim focus a chance to proc on class skill use while keeping the buff on activation
    5- Make agony a stam morph
    6- Make power extraction return stam for each enemy hit and buff its dmg on a 10%
    7- Allow casting shadow out of combat and make twin shadows a toggle like sorc pets (if you want)
    8- Reverse any change done to Manifestation of terror... we want the trap back (invis to enemies)
    9- Reverse any changes to be done on Siphoning strikes

DKs

1- Bring inferno back to its original form. Make FOO work on flame dmg and get rid of cauterize, instead make it a poison dmg skills (poison cloud)
    2- Reduce magicka cost for each skill in a 10%
    3- Make the combustion passive work on flame or poison dmg and not on statuses. A 5% dmg increase would be nice
    4- Reverse most of the changes done to flappy wings, except reflecting ultis.
    5- Make choking talons a stam morph doing poison dmg. Keep the cost
    6- Increase base heal of GDB a 40%
    7- Get rid of obsidian shard healing and make it heal the caster, make stonegiant a physical dmg skill (costing stam)
    8- change the 40% extra dmg on full heavy attackson Armaments for a 20% extra dmg on light and heavy attacks
    9- Get rid of fragmented shield, change it for a flame cloak
    10- Reverse any change done to ash cloud (give back the missing chance on attacker)

Temps

1- Reverse any changes done this morrowind patch. You are killing a class that doesn't deserve it.

Ok sorcs, do you agree with those suggestions?
    Edited by Xvorg on April 27, 2017 5:46PM

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder where all these social justice warriors were when streak and shield durations got gutted but other classes were untouched. Or last patch cycle when sorc was the only class that saw nerfs while everything else got tangible buffs. That was like the exact situation we face now in reverse. Where was the outcry then about how it's unfair that everyone else get class specific buffs besides sorcs?

These vindictive peasants have such short memory.

Honestly they should revert the streak nerf, and make shields weaker. I would rather chase a teleporting sorc and be kited effectively than to fight a stick wielding robe mage that can face tank.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on April 27, 2017 9:26PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @IzakiBrotherSs

Do you really think this is some sort of conspiracy against Sorcs that the entire community is in on? You go on any part of the forum, Reddit, TF, etc, and you will see the same thing. EVERYBODY who has played against a competent Sorc knows how game breaking this class is. Even streamers, who try to stay unbiased, will straight up tell you Sorcs are insane right now. Here is one example:

https://youtu.be/u-uvmYxHBN0?t=1h39m45s

Though it bares the question, what seems to make Sorcs so problematic for you all.
    It's the most predictable class and has no surprises to it. It's a straight forward class with very streamlined and unspecialized abilities.

I always hear people complaining, but nobody seems to be able to give me a clear answer for why it is such a strong class. Especially since it was so bad for a long time and Sorc has not received any personal buffs that would lift it. I think, Sorcs only benefit so much from non class mechanics and changes. The class itself is very unspectacular.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I understand that you main a sorc so you're biased. I get that. But I am legitimately concerned for the health of this game. If these changes go live, Sorc will go from the most popular and already dominant class to being basically the only class.

Yes, I have a soft spot for my favorite class. But I also play others as well. You can check my posting history, I have made extensive posts pushing for sorc nerfs when they actually were OP. I told other sorcs to stop crying when the shield durations were gutted. My posts aren't motivated by bias here, they are motivated by understanding the disparity between how a well played magicka sorc matches up against pugs/bad players vs how it matches up against other players on top tier builds who know how to play...

As I have said before, the issue is that baddies don't know how to fight sorcs. But against a good player on any class, a 1v1 with a mag sorc is a very competitive and extensive fight. You nerf sorcs based on the concerns of the lowest common denominator, and they wont stand a chance vs competent players. I have offered to demonstrate this exact point with a duel on the pts, but you took it as a joke. But that offer is still on the table, for science.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @IzakiBrotherSs

Do you really think this is some sort of conspiracy against Sorcs that the entire community is in on? You go on any part of the forum, Reddit, TF, etc, and you will see the same thing. EVERYBODY who has played against a competent Sorc knows how game breaking this class is. Even streamers, who try to stay unbiased, will straight up tell you Sorcs are insane right now. Here is one example:

https://youtu.be/u-uvmYxHBN0?t=1h39m45s

Though it bares the question, what seems to make Sorcs so problematic for you all.
    It's the most predictable class and has no surprises to it. It's a straight forward class with very streamlined and unspecialized abilities.

I always hear people complaining, but nobody seems to be able to give me a clear answer for why it is such a strong class. Especially since it was so bad for a long time and Sorc has not received any personal buffs that would lift it. I think, Sorcs only benefit so much from non class mechanics and changes. The class itself is very unspectacular.

Sorc put a lot of pressure while keeping decent defenses. For all the other clases there's a choice to do. If you want to put pressure, you must give away defense. If you need to defend yoursef, you must give away pressure. It's a trade.

For NBs, pressure doesn't exists. It is a quick job or is no job at all. You cannot engage in a fight that last more than 5 secs and after that timespan, you must put on defensive form, running away in cloak. The problem is that cloak has a lot of counters and the defense it provides is easily neglectable. Even moar, morphs of cloak are divided into offensive and defensive so, If you go for the defensive morph, ypu are missing the offensive use of the skill, and vice-versa. Yes, a mageblade ca use dampen for extra defense instead of cloak, but if you do that, what's the point on playing mageblade?

DKs have a lot moar pressure and defense than NBs and even than sorc, but you move from extreme to extreme. Your defensive instance forces you to permablock while using your skills. For mDKs that achievable by using whip, but whip is one of the slowest skills in the game and you can't weave while using S/B. Your stam regen is stopped and the use of whip must be paired to the use of CC (petrify). To get magicka back and keep on fighting you must use Draw essesnce, which is the bad morph of deep breath and a the healing on embers. Last slot is a big problem because you have to choose betewen gap closer, debufer, heal, buff, etc. And even if you chose one of them, you will be lacking something. After the fight you end up with no stam and no magicka pool. Yes, you have Battle roar to recover res, but you ulti generation is pretty bad, so you are forced to use a cheaper ulti, that returns little to non res (Ferocious is gonna give you 5k res back... a tri pot is way better).
    For stamDKs is even worst. You can't block and do dmg, so you must go full off. Mitigation comes in the form of spiked armor and heavy armor and even with that, is not worth. Mobility suffers a lot, stamDK cannot sprint because stam his is main res and has no access to cheap speed buffs (the cheapest one is dodgeroll with a bow). That's the reason why most of DKs are vamps but that solution shows it is a fail in the design.

I don't play temp, but is similar to DK. As DK rely on blocking, temp relies on heal and cleanse, problem is that anyone going against a temp is going to give the major defile and a damage magicka poison.

Sorc can do dmg and immediately streak away, stunning the enemy, dmging stam pool. Put a shield on you and if it procs frags, you just need to use it. There you have 2 defending skills that have a fast transition to ofensive... what can you do against that?
    Edited by Xvorg on April 27, 2017 6:27PM

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL you can be cute all you want doesnt change the fact sorcs are OP and deserve nerfs just like the rest of the classes.

Ok 15% Im auto dead? Ok Lets change it so if you are 25% HP or less all damage done to you is oblivion damage, bc if you cast a shield at 15% you dont need to live bc your dead already so lets make it oblivion damage.
    I'll spell it out a bit for you. I'll even do it s l o w l y.

If you've been taken down to 15%, they probably don't need implosion to finish you off - hence, already dead, and Sorc execute is the only one that doesn't start until 5% lower health than every other class.

Implosion has a 0% chance to proc for another 5% after that.

Good job on the no-caps reply though!

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should just join up to ask them to remove Nightblades. They complain too much.
    Edited by grim_tactics on April 27, 2017 6:34PM
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We should just join up to ask them to remove Nightblades. They complain too much.

You know why? Because the class has suffered only nerfs each patch since Orsinum, and without any reason.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no need to ask, there is already only about 1 in 20 players in end game trials play NB's so it's already working pretty effectively.
    Options
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know why? Because the class has suffered only nerfs each patch since Orsinum, and without any reason.

I was just joking man. Having a little fun.
    Options
  • Drishtan
    Drishtan
    ✭✭✭

DKs

8- change the 40% extra dmg on full heavy attackson Armaments for a 20% extra dmg on light and heavy attacks

LMFAO!!!!!! Lets buff them.....Number 8 a clear nerf....WTF LMFAO

Options
  • Drishtan
    Drishtan
    ✭✭✭

If you've been taken down to 15%, they probably don't need implosion to finish you off - hence, already dead, and Sorc execute is the only one that doesn't start until 5% lower health than every other class.

Ill spell it out slowly how many times can a sorc drop below 25% HP and not die? Let me tell you too many times...

So again you have proved nothing....

LMFAO try again.

DK dont even have an execute period, u have 3 executes alone, and 2 are passive!!!!!

And about mages wrath yes it only works after 20% BUT it the only one u can put on someone at 100% and it can proc later when ur in death range and insta kill you... Not one other excute does that. Not to mention the speed at which it now hits is faster than any other ranged skill period oh and 1 more thing its a aoe explosion Da faq???

So again try harder....LMFAO
    Edited by Drishtan on April 27, 2017 6:58PM
    Options
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ill spell it out slowly how many times can a sorc drop below 25% HP and not die? Let me tell you too many times...

So again you have proved nothing....

LMFAO try again.

DK dont even have an execute period, u have 3 executes alone, and 2 are passive!!!!!

And about mages wrath yes it only works after 20% BUT it the only one u can put on someone at 100% and it can proc later when ur in death range and insta kill you... Not one other excute does that. Not to mention the speed at which it now hits is faster than any other ranged skill period oh and 1 more thing its a aoe explosion Da faq???

So again try harder....LMFAO

DK doesn't have an execute???? That's too funny. What game are you playing? That must be terrible.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

DKs

a 20 % extra dmg on light attack + elegance is a 40% extra dmg on light and heavy attacks. You don't need full cast, just weaving will be enough.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • Drishtan
    Drishtan
    ✭✭✭

DKs

a 20 % extra dmg on light attack + elegance is a 40% extra dmg on light and heavy attacks. You don't need full cast, just weaving will be enough.

LFMAO SO Now to get the 20% im forced to run elegant set???

How is this not a nerf?? THATS WORSE THEN A NORM NERF ITS A DOUBLE NERF!!!! 1. You red damage. 2. U force me to use a new set????

I mean come on now i have to run Shieldbreaker + elegant just to run around on a mag dk????

Really???
    Edited by Drishtan on April 27, 2017 7:10PM
    Options
  • Drishtan
    Drishtan
    ✭✭✭
    Wow Sorcs are really grabbing at straws here zos look at them go!!!!!!
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And about mages wrath yes it only works after 20% BUT it the only one u can put on someone at 100% and it can proc later when ur in death range and insta kill you... Not one other excute does that.

and this!
    I wrote it many many times about sorcs...this finisher is *** annyoing because once you go under 20% health in fight against sorc it insta death to you.....
    Edited by Edziu on April 27, 2017 7:16PM
    Options
  • Drishtan
    Drishtan
    ✭✭✭

DKs

LMFAO its like me saying this lets buff sorcs:

Reduce cost of Streak by 10%, but the subsequent casts cost is increased compounding exponential. Meaning the 3rd cast is 9x more than the 1st.

Great buff right????
    Edited by Drishtan on April 27, 2017 7:16PM
    Options