The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sorcs and Favoritism

• grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    What are these people going on about?

When Im in cyrodiil and hit a sorc with its shields down they melt. Stam sorcs are a pain in the ass but mainly because of the mobility and the stupid heavy armor meta.

Magic sorcs just keep hitting them, gap close, hit gap close hit on and on. Eventually they will run out of juice and cant keep doing shields. I mean if your standing 30M eating frags, thats just bad game play. Magi Sorcs need to be put in melee ASAP, most of them are pretty bad when they cant get into their rotation at their preferred time. They spam shields, panic, run out of resources and die.

It's only people who are terrible at the game or base their judgement on dueling that complain.

I could rant about the infinite sustain DKs that require almost 10 ppl to melt - but according to these guys Sorcs are the tankiest.

Then someone says Sorcs replace Templars for healing. Funniest comment I read on here actually. They must not have a problem in PvP when a Templar gets into execute and .... oh wait - he's full health again, and again, and again. Templars can just spam 1 button and melt people. 1 button.

Healing Ward on a Sorc is so funny because you know it only heals that player IF they are the lowest health in that area.

Then you got your 1 shot NB builds. Annoying as hell but that's the strength of that class. Get in and get out. MagickaNB are very strong and probably one of the most annoying classes to go up against.

Yet, no one is complaining about any of the above player styles. EVERY PVP END GAME BUILD IS CHEESE ON EVERY CHARACTER. That's the game right now.

Any of you guys even run NonCP right now? Yeah - any Sorc running three shields - they're toast. Resources just gone. Shield stacking - some will do it but won't be doing much damage. They'll be too busy watching their resource bars just drop if they keep spamming shields.

It's just salty bad players that complain about Sorcs cause they refuse to run counter play or change their play style. Sorcs are some of the easiest players in this game to kill.
    Edited by grim_tactics on May 22, 2017 12:16AM
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    What are these people going on about?

When Im in cyrodiil and hit a sorc with its shields down they melt. Stam sorcs are a pain in the ass but mainly because of the mobility and the stupid heavy armor meta.

Magic sorcs just keep hitting them, gap close, hit gap close hit on and on. Eventually they will run out of juice and cant keep doing shields. I mean if your standing 30M eating frags, thats just bad game play. Magi Sorcs need to be put in melee ASAP, most of them are pretty bad when they cant get into their rotation at their preferred time. They spam shields, panic, run out of resources and die.

It's only people who are terrible at the game or base their judgement on dueling that complain.

I could rant about the infinite sustain DKs that require almost 10 ppl to melt - but according to these guys Sorcs are the tankiest.

Then someone says Sorcs replace Templars for healing. Funniest comment I read on here actually. They must not have a problem in PvP when a Templar gets into execute and .... oh wait - he's full health again, and again, and again. Templars can just spam 1 button and melt people. 1 button.

Healing Ward on a Sorc is so funny because you know it only heals that player IF they are the lowest health in that area.

Then you got your 1 shot NB builds. Annoying as hell but that's the strength of that class. Get in and get out. MagickaNB are very strong and probably one of the most annoying classes to go up against.

Yet, no one is complaining about any of the above player styles. EVERY PVP END GAME BUILD IS CHEESE ON EVERY CHARACTER. That's the game right now.

Any of you guys even run NonCP right now? Yeah - any Sorc running three shields - they're toast. Resources just gone. Shield stacking - some will do it but won't be doing much damage. They'll be too busy watching their resource bars just drop if they keep spamming shields.

It's just salty bad players that complain about Sorcs cause they refuse to run counter play or change their play style. Sorcs are some of the easiest players in this game to kill.
    You run double destro staff in pvp only bad here is you.
    Options
  • Vosital
    Vosital
    ✭✭✭✭
    @grim_tactics

How are you running out of resources? Lich gives an insane amount of regen just run that. Amberplasm also gives a ton with Dark Exchange. Both those sets still haven't gotten nerfed too.

Maintaining perma shields with those current sets is super easy and if you can't do that it's a L2P issue.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vosital wrote: »
    @grim_tactics

How are you running out of resources? Lich gives an insane amount of regen just run that. Amberplasm also gives a ton with Dark Exchange. Both those sets still haven't gotten nerfed too.

Maintaining perma shields with those current sets is super easy and if you can't do that it's a L2P issue.

I think he meant NoCP.

Lich there isn't affected by regen CP, so you get 1000 extra regen only for that short time. Once per minute. Great but not overpowered.

In a CP campaign you can get over twice that using lich (adding every single passive), and it's pretty insane.
    Edited by Minalan on May 22, 2017 12:52AM
    Options
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @grim_tactics

I was making a point that shield stacking is not viable in NonCP on an offensive build. Lich doesn't offer anything other than regen. So I said exactly what I meant to and L2P isn't an issue for me - it is for all the babies in here.

Lich will give almost 3k regen yes - and I do use it but not in the current meta and that's in CP campaign.

I run Amberplasm and mix it with a few sets and hit around 1500-1800 Mag Regen.

I don't run defensive MagSorc builds at all. Run Glass Cannon burn you down and if I can't shield to dark deal and repeat. If it doesn't work - I Streak out with Defensive Rune. (Funny to say that and say it's not a defensive build but you know what I'm saying.)

The point is - any pressure put on Sorcs even with Lich that requires them to keep spamming shields in NonCP burns resources to the point of them not being viable to keep 3 stacking.

Lich also sacrifices damage for regen. I'm not concerned with running a full regen build at all, never have.

If you haven't seen that - then the people you are going up against are terrible.
    Edited by grim_tactics on May 22, 2017 12:58AM
    Options
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    @grim_tactics

I think he meant NoCP.

Lich there isn't affected by regen CP, so you get 1000 extra regen only for that short time. Once per minute. Great but not overpowered.

In a CP campaign you can get over twice that using lich (adding every single passive), and it's pretty insane.

Didn't see this before I posted.

Yes, specifically talking about NonCP shield stacking.
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I just bought morrowind so I could get back on the test server. A couple of details:

The new dark-exchange is VERY slow in combat. I mean it is really noticeable. I don't want to rely on it for anything - its just too slow. Basically you need to have enough regen in your build so you can get by for quite some time without using dark-exchange - but if you do that - may as well just add a little more regen and fee up a slot.

A resto heavy attack with heavy armour restores only 200 mag less than a dark exchange cast (but costs no stamina, does damage, procs enchants etc..).

You can cancel it with a roll-dodge - but you do NOT get the resources or health.. ie it doesn't just cancel the animation, it cancels the skill.

Did a bit of messing around. Not an optimised build or anything - but I just threw on lich and bloodthorn - and to sustain through continued pressure, I had to include either pots or the odd dark-exchange or the odd resto heavy.

That was WITH CP (against one of the world bosses in vvardenfell - with a few adds) and TWO sustain sets. To build with at least one damage set for no-cp PVP, I think you will need to make sacrifices in other areas (ie. regen drink and mundus) or you WILL have sustain issues.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Biro123

How can you actually test things and reason from based on your findings. That's not how things are done around here ;)

@BohnT

I'd like to see you successfully disengaging against a good mDK with fossilize and talons on a mag character. Really.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't take a joke, right? ;)

Sure some classes are more mobile than others, but are these mobile classes the same that can't facetank a couple of guys, eating lots of damage and heal back to full in an instant? Would be horrible if different classes have different concepts and design ideas.

I would love to run around and under allesia bridge, slipping of all the *** that get's thrown at me, troll groups with that and I'm sure my nightblade friends would too.

Hope to see you soon in a nerf-cloak thread.

Sure it would be nice. But since ZoS and the PvP community is so insistent on nerfing the other classes ability to facetank, it's about time the mobile classes also eat commensurate nerfs.

What goes around comes around. People want to come on these forums all day and whine about "cancerplars" and "perma-blocking DKs" and then complain when ZoS in it's nerf induced frenzy hits their class. Serves them right I say.

Mobility for all classes has been nerfed to the point of being almost irrelevant way way waaayy before the recent tanking (ie block and healing) nerfs.
    Streaknerfs, dodgenerf, bowspeed and now max sprintspeed aswell (and being able to mount up after 6s).

The problem with cancerplars and permablockDKs was always the asinine gameplay experience they created. Those builds can´t kill anything. Their purpose was literally to annoy other players (admittedly the smarter DK players became poison and cc bots). For templars it was even worse as they could heal their allies while at the same time being the worst possible target.

Compared to that every sorc dies relatively fast. Even trippleshield pirate and those get nerfed passively and directly with the next patch aswell (harness efficiency greatly reduced nonCP - pirate allowing to burst shields - dark deal now taking 40% longer to execute the next ability after).
    Edited by Derra on May 22, 2017 11:31AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options