Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Morrowind...and ESO+

P3ZZL3
P3ZZL3
✭✭✭✭✭
Am I right in saying, that the ESO+ players will still get everything - just not the collection edition addons like the bear, horse, gear, etc....

£40.00 for the expansion - after 2 years of ESO Plus Membership.

Edit1: YOU CAN NOT BUY THIS EXPANSION WITH CROWNS!!!! ONLY CASH.

Edit2: Another question @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror
You specifically mention, in the ESO+ Purchase page, that I will receive ALL Future DLC Content. How will I be receiving ALL of this future DLC Content, when it's locked behind a paywall being Morrowind. You do not exclude additional content via expansions - so legally - I think you have to provide the Morrowind access from a DLC perspective (Disclaimer - not a lawyer)

Edit3: @ZOS_GinaBruno Has stated there will be an update for ESO+ Subscribers tomorrow. We shall see.

That's it, I'm done. Have fun folks but I'm certainly not paying for this.
CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you still have to pay to upgrade your account to Morrowind.
  • dbonifaci_ESO
    dbonifaci_ESO
    ✭✭
    Can you pay with crowns though?
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given they have not explicitly stated how this 'expansion' works with ESO+, I'm 99% sure even ESO+ members are going to charged $40 for this. They are being very coy.

Edited by Taylor_MB on January 31, 2017 7:23PM
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you want to play Morrowind you need to buy it. ESO+ won't give you access to it.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/preorder
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Kendo12
    Kendo12
    ✭✭✭
    Lokryn wrote: »
    I think you still have to pay to upgrade your account to Morrowind.

WHAT? Youre talking *** right? That would be horrible.

I was thinking ESO+ should AT LEAST get access.

Edited by Kendo12 on January 31, 2017 7:34PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was just gonna ask this, @ZOS_GinaBruno

PC EU
    PvP only
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I would expect we cannot buy it with crowns early on. There are some subs that don't spend their crown and keeping the expansion out of the crown store would increase revenues up front.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like my sub fee from Shadows of the Hist release forward refunded, please. :trollface: (but only halfway :trollface: )

There's a tacit agreement that my sub entitles me to all new content. That's what I'm paying for.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on January 31, 2017 7:35PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • wolfydog
    wolfydog
    ✭✭✭
    You have like 5 months to save up money if needed.

It sounds more like an expansion and not DLC that's included.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't expect access to all the treasure maps and costumes and what not on ESO+, but the actual map and the Warden class? I'd actually expect Warden to be base pack, available to everybody.

It's really not cool that they won't say though. Rip the bandaid off, folks!
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    An ESO Plus membership will not grant you access to The Elder Scroll Online: Morrowind content. As this is an entirely new Chapter of ESO, you'll need to purchase one of the five editions. If you already own ESO, though, you can purchase the Morrowind Upgrade or the Morrowind Collector's Edition Upgrade directly from online stores (The Elder Scrolls Online Store, Steam Store, Xbox Store, or PlayStation Store).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an "Expansion Pack." NOT a DLC.

[Edit to remove flame]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on January 31, 2017 9:26PM
  • FlaviusVoyage
    FlaviusVoyage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Expansion, DLC, what is the difference? Both include additional content.
    Edited by FlaviusVoyage on February 1, 2017 4:21PM
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok this is the biggest bait and switch in history.

*** on my leg and tell me it's raining why don't you.

Do I get 8 more character slots and associated shared bank space?

Edited by gard on January 31, 2017 7:37PM
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying, that the ESO+ players will still get everything - just not the collection edition addons like the bear, horse, gear, etc....

£40.00 for the expansion - after 2 years of ESO Plus Membership.

That's it, I'm done. Have fun folks but I'm certainly not paying for this.

It's an expansion, so that's pretty much expected. After all you get a new class alongside a new zone (with everything it entails), new gameplay (PvP battlegrounds) and a new trial.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • ZiRM
      ZiRM
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ouch...
      Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
      ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
    • BoloBoffin
      BoloBoffin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      SaRuZ wrote: »

I pay $75 every six months for my sub. That's not being cheap.
      Edited by [Deleted User] on January 31, 2017 9:26PM
    • [Deleted User]
      [Deleted User]
      ✭✭✭
      The user and all related content has been deleted.
    • olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Not sure what to think of that....

PC EU
      PvP only
    • DaveMoeDee
      DaveMoeDee
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Seems absurd to not give access to people with a sub. If they don't, that would mean 3 straight quarters where the people with subs did not get access to a new paid DLC. That would basically mean that people are just paying for a crafting bag. $15 * 9 months for a crafting bag. $135 in less than a year for a crafting bag.
    • Anhedonie
      Anhedonie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      An ESO Plus membership will not grant you access to The Elder Scroll Online: Morrowind content. As this is an entirely new Chapter of ESO, you'll need to purchase one of the five editions. If you already own ESO, though, you can purchase the Morrowind Upgrade or the Morrowind Collector's Edition Upgrade directly from online stores (The Elder Scrolls Online Store, Steam Store, Xbox Store, or PlayStation Store).

But is it possible to purchase it from crown store post-release? Like I did with imperial and adventure pack?

Edited by Anhedonie on January 31, 2017 7:45PM
      Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    • mb10
      mb10
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      lmao why do ESO+ members who pay a few bucks a month think they're entitled to the world?

Get in line and pay the $40 for the expansion

Edited by mb10 on January 31, 2017 7:38PM
    • Malamar1229
      Malamar1229
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Have any of you ever played MMOs before?
      Do you not recall the days of EverQuest paying 14.99 a month and then paying for expacs as they were released?

Pfff....millenials

If you love the game much, then start supporting its costs.

Expacs should have a cost.

Edited by Malamar1229 on January 31, 2017 7:39PM
    • Gilvoth
      Gilvoth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

i think that is more than fair,
      considering the amount of work that it would have took to make Vvardenfell and put it into ESO.
      that would be alot of content!

thank you guys for doing it.
    • Seraphayel
      Seraphayel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      How will that work? So someone with, say, the Gold Edition, can play the game, encounter Wardens, but not have access to Wardens themselves?

Sure, why not? Exactly the same is happening with Dark Brotherhood DLC. You can see players using it even if you don't have the DLC.
      PS5
      EU
      Aldmeri Dominion
      - Khajiit Arcanist -
    • BoloBoffin
      BoloBoffin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      mb10 wrote: »
      lmao why do ESO+ members who pay a few bucks a month think they're entitled to the world?

Get in line and pay the $40 for the expansion

Because that's how the sub was sold to us as?
    • Erasure
      Erasure
      ✭✭✭

Tie a trial to it, tie a highly-anticipated zone to it, tie battlegrounds to it, and force everyone to buck up.

RP'ers, PvE'ers, PvP'ers all caught in the gambit.

Well played.
    • MasterSpatula
      MasterSpatula
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      SaRuZ wrote: »

I payed and continue to pay for all future content, as was promised.

I can afford forty bucks, and I can afford it easily. But I've already paid for it. "All future content" was the promise made at the B2P transition.

I have, time and again, defended ZOS on this forum against the accusation of "deceptive business practice." (At least I did before Crown Crates.) More the fool, I, for a contract has been broken, and an unambiguously deceptive business practice is upon us.

[Edit to remove mention of removed content]
      Edited by [Deleted User] on January 31, 2017 9:27PM
      "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    • SaRuZ
      SaRuZ
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You also get crowns every month alongside the crafting bag. If DLC is your main concern why not do what I did and buy it outright? I paid $40 for the Megapack and now I own it ;)
    • GawdSB
      GawdSB
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      lololol

Why am I subscribed to ESO+ if you can just put *** outside the scope of what I get and don't get.