The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Morrowind...and ESO+

• BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HMMM.

What if all DLC (like Clockwork City) for Morrowwind is included for ESO+, but you have to buy the Morrowwind pack for starters? I might could live with that.

DANG YOU, ZOS, FOR HOOKING ME ON THE CRAFT BAG!!
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    An ESO Plus membership will not grant you access to The Elder Scroll Online: Morrowind content. As this is an entirely new Chapter of ESO, you'll need to purchase one of the five editions. If you already own ESO, though, you can purchase the Morrowind Upgrade or the Morrowind Collector's Edition Upgrade directly from online stores (The Elder Scrolls Online Store, Steam Store, Xbox Store, or PlayStation Store).

But is it possible to purchase it from crown store post-release? Like I did with imperial and adventure pack?

Nope. You gonna have to break out your credit card just like the rest of us.

• dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surgee wrote: »
    It better be as big as they say..but looking at the leaked map, it's just a little bit bigger than Wrothgar....http://i.imgur.com/hdoC9Vi.jpg

It's actually close to double the size of Wrothgar.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erasure wrote: »
    An ESO Plus membership will not grant you access to The Elder Scroll Online: Morrowind content. As this is an entirely new Chapter of ESO, you'll need to purchase one of the five editions. If you already own ESO, though, you can purchase the Morrowind Upgrade or the Morrowind Collector's Edition Upgrade directly from online stores (The Elder Scrolls Online Store, Steam Store, Xbox Store, or PlayStation Store).

Tie a trial to it, tie a highly-anticipated zone to it, tie battlegrounds to it, and force everyone to buck up.

RP'ers, PvE'ers, PvP'ers all caught in the gambit.

Well played.

Some of us would have bought it regardless ;)
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The tears, they taste so salty... mmmm mmmm
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh well cancel sub and wait for mass effect 4
  • Merenwen_812
    Merenwen_812
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping someone can answer this..
    I have ESO+

I want to buy the physical collectors edition (for the statue of course), will I be able to upgrade my current ESO+ with this physical purchase or must I also buy the $40 upgrade on top of the $100 physical copy?
  • zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭
    So as part of the collectors edition it says you get a morag tong armor converter.... Does this mean converting armor styles is going to become a thing?
    Edited by zassasaurus on January 31, 2017 7:59PM
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

What about crown store?

100% sure they will not put it in crown store to prevent people from saving up crowns from subscription to buy it.
    I will just cancel my sub for few months. Same thing.

Yes because it's not a DLC, it's an "expansion" lol. Just a cheap cash grab is what it is.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People who have subbed since day one have essentially payed $135 toward the development of this content. They pay $45 per quarter toward the development of DLC, which grants them access to the DLC. That means they essentially paid $45 for Orsinium, $45 for TG, $45 for two dungeons. Since we have had 2 quarters with no pay DLC, they are essentially forking over 3 quarters worth of subs for this content that is only $40.

Anyone who says people with subs are cheap for complaining aren't thinking very deeply. This is a bait and switch. ZOS said there would be quarterly DLC and people with a sub would get access through the sub. No, for 3 quarters, subs just look like suckers as they get no more access than I get for not paying a cent.

Now sub = crafting bags + overpriced crowns.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we spend crowns to buy Vvvardenfell?
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will gladly give 70 euros for digital delux upgrade. I mean, its what I bitched about for a long time. Warden, Vvardenfell, Battlegrounds... HYPE OVER 9000
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just drop your sub for the next couple months. Sure ill miss the crafting bag but oh well. In the next couple months ill have saved the price for the xpac and bought it. Not paying for it twice. And since i am sure the xpac will be so good, i probably wont even miss any of the other dlc after i get the xpac so incan probably even leave it off until they actually release a dlc i am interested in. Which could be a long time.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be Crassius Curio ancestor? I don't want to give a kiss and undress for some pervert! :cold_sweat:
    MW_Crassius_Curio.jpg

Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Kendo12
    Kendo12
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    When you want to play Morrowind you need to buy it. ESO+ won't give you access to it.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/preorder

Sounds good to me - subbed since day one.

ready to pre-order now.

and i am assuming there will be benefits for subbing which apply in morrowwind - like getting their dlcs for free. so my subscription will still benefit me but not give me an entire new game for free.

Um..if you buy the expansion you would obviously get their DLC free
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    So as part of the collectors edition it says you get a morag tong armor converter.... Does this mean converting armor styles is going to become a thing?

It already is for those with the Imperial Edition. You can convert armor into the Imperial Style (some restrictions apply).
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaRuZ wrote: »
    You also get crowns every month alongside the crafting bag. If DLC is your main concern why not do what I did and buy it outright? I paid $40 for the Megapack and now I own it ;)

I dont care about the crowns - although the crafting back was nice, it wasn't there from the start, and is not why I subscribe*.

I subscribe* to make sure I have all the content, while at the same time supporting ESO a little bit more than I would be just buying the DLC.

But... the only paid for DLC there will have been for a year (by the time morrowind is released) will be two dungeons. I kept going, thinking that they would release something cool to make up for a year of paying for ESO+ without any significant content. And they are releasing something cool... but it's not included.

Even if i WAS interested in the crowns, the direction the crown store is going has made me consider scrapping ESO+ in protest regardless of DLC content.

I will miss the crafting bag.

*subscribed. It is now past tense.
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst in this instance I think the price is reasonable for a one-off upgrade, given that it is the first time in basically 2 years since release on console. But how do we know that future 'DLC' that had been included in our monthly subscriptions won't all of a sudden start to be renamed as 'expansions'?

It sets a precedent that could mean the one of the main perks of subscribing is being taken away, or at least reduced if 'expansions' take up more of the release cycle that would have previously been dedicated to DLC.

They will be Morrowind dlc's, so they will require Morrowind and eco +. This will work for 3 or 4 dlc releases, then chapter 3 will come out, requiring another $$ upgrade.

Edited by Ackwalan on January 31, 2017 8:02PM
  • boundsy88
    boundsy88
    ✭✭✭
    should be purchasable through crowns. make crowns a currency on our accounts on the website. i dont wanna have to pay $40 if i have crowns sitting in my account that i have already purchased.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    lmao why do ESO+ members who pay a few bucks a month think they're entitled to the world?

Get in line and pay the $40 for the expansion

I want to pay $40. With the Crowns that I already paid cold hard cash for. I pay cold hard cash for Crowns but now need to pay *more* cold hard cash for Morrowind? That is not entitlement. That is expecting my money spent to actually be worth something.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Evangele wrote: »
    Meanwhile almost every other mmo charges for expansions on top of their sub fee AND DLC and store purchases. This isn't small DLC, and I think getting all the DLC free with a sub is pretty damn good, not to mention getting crowns every month for stuff to buy in the crown store.

I am more than willing to pay for a FULL EXPANSION. If we want quality content put out in expansions that are large and full conceptualized it needs to be paid for. $40 is literally nothing.

I plan on ordering collector's edition and continuing to support a game that constantly seems to listen to what it's player base is talking about and work towards bettering itself since release.

Bravo, I'm very excited :)

$40 is NOT nothing to everyone. I can eat for a week or more on that. Granted, it will be very basic food, but that doesn't change the point. I can afford the $40, but this does feel like a kind of betrayal to subscribers. Not that anything zos does to make a buck comes as any surprise any more. Whoever is pulling the strings has plainly demonstrated in the past year that zos is determined to milk this cow until it is bone dry and dead.

th?&id=OIP.I9bJWmWT30EkcbI3dhbT5AEsC7&w=300&h=187&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0th?&id=OIP.M1f0442e80216f383b0275d980b44bd59o0&w=300&h=220&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It better be as big as they say..but looking at the leaked map, it's just a little bit bigger than Wrothgar....http://i.imgur.com/hdoC9Vi.jpg

30 hours of gameplay in Morrowind. 25 hours in Wrothgar. Yeah that's double.

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hoping someone can answer this..
    I have ESO+

I want to buy the physical collectors edition (for the statue of course), will I be able to upgrade my current ESO+ with this physical purchase or must I also buy the $40 upgrade on top of the $100 physical copy?

looking at it.... it comes with a disc (remember them?)

you put the disc in the disc drive (assuming you have one) bob's yer uncle and *** yer aunt....
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How much is useable terrain, how much is volcano or unreachable mountain top?

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't Orsinium packaged as "20 hrs of content"? And that was Down Loadable Content. (DLC)
    They just said on Twitch the Morrowind will be "30 hrs of content".

I'm a little confused that 1.5 'DLCs' warrant the title Expansion (which should really fall under the umbrella of DLC), maybe there's something I'm missing. I'm fine with there being Expansions, just seems on the face of it that '30 hr of game play' quote from Rich seems a little light on for one.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Riga_Mortis
    Riga_Mortis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really is a slap in the face to ESO+ subs.
    XBOX 1X
    GT - TAGNUTZ
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »
    Anhedonie wrote: »

But is it possible to purchase it from crown store post-release? Like I did with imperial and adventure pack?

Nope. You gonna have to break out your credit card just like the rest of us.

I kinda already did and bought crowns to use them to buy dlcs and expansions.
    Also, you're not dev, so buzz off.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Whilst in this instance I think the price is reasonable for a one-off upgrade, given that it is the first time in basically 2 years since release on console. But how do we know that future 'DLC' that had been included in our monthly subscriptions won't all of a sudden start to be renamed as 'expansions'?

It sets a precedent that could mean the one of the main perks of subscribing is being taken away, or at least reduced if 'expansions' take up more of the release cycle that would have previously been dedicated to DLC.

They will be Morrowind dlc's, so they will require Morrowind and eco +. This will work for 3 or 4 dlc releases, then chapter 3 will come out, requiring another $$ upgrade.

But his point still stands. What if an ESO+ member doesn't buy Morrowind. Then you are paying for content you cannot access, which again reduces the value of ESO+ significantly.

Edited by TheTwistedRune on January 31, 2017 8:06PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's unfortunate they changed their policy for subscribers with access to all content . They've never done that before since B2P change . Thieves guild , Orsinium and Dark Brotherehood were all accessible through subscription . I imagine subscribers are feeling confused about now . What exactly does a subscription cover anymore and is it worth subscribing .
  • Evangele
    Evangele
    ✭✭
    alexkdd99 wrote: »
    Evangele wrote: »
    Meanwhile almost every other mmo charges for expansions on top of their sub fee AND DLC and store purchases. This isn't small DLC, and I think getting all the DLC free with a sub is pretty damn good, not to mention getting crowns every month for stuff to buy in the crown store.

I am more than willing to pay for a FULL EXPANSION. If we want quality content put out in expansions that are large and full conceptualized it needs to be paid for. $40 is literally nothing.

I plan on ordering collector's edition and continuing to support a game that constantly seems to listen to what it's player base is talking about and work towards bettering itself since release.

Bravo, I'm very excited :)

It is irrelevant. You say one thing and do another. When I signed up for my sub I did so with the understanding that I would have access to future content released.

Even they don't want to call it an expansion as was said in the stream. But they are doing so solely to cheat people out of money.

I don't think it is irrelevant. People don't understand the man hours and effort it takes to create this kind of content along with the regular DLCs they have been releasing, updates, maintenance etc. That is all paid for using subs, which unfortunately ESO doesnt have in comparison to larger games.

For bigger content that is something different than standard DLC, such an expansion based content, I don't see an issue with paying $40 which is basically nothing. Helping a game company pay it's employees to create amazing new things such as MORROWIND for us to play around in, doesnt bother me in the slightest. I've subbed since launch and I get free *** all the time with it which I am happy with, and now I will gladly pay for the next chapter of the game I love.

If you felt like you aren't getting enough for your sub dollars you are free to unsub, that's the beauty of subscriptions, can stop anytime, however then you purchase all the DLC you've already gotten for free. Im sorry if you do not differentiate between DLC and Expansions, but there is a difference. You get access to DLC for free. They very specifically say DLC (and said from the beginning) and not "all future content".

I don't think their intention is to "cheat" people out of money considering you get something for your money and you decide the worth of it. Nobody is forcing you to buy the expansion, nor is anyone forcing you to subscribe.
    Edited by Evangele on January 31, 2017 8:08PM