Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Morrowind...and ESO+

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    This is all I have to say on the matter.... Their distributer Steam even classifies it as DLC, they're not kidding anyone. It's DLC.

They changed their wording on the ESO+ page to suit them making more money thus screwing over the people who've been supporting them with ESO+. Not even a discount for ESO+ members. I would have been happy with the change if they decided to change ESO+ for this DLC but allow you to purchase it on your account at a discount once you've had ESO+ membership for 1+ month.

9EM0RVN.png

^^

Missed this above; find any other category on steam to "prove" your point.
    Timeraider wrote: »
    Steam only has 2 categories.. Standalone or dlc. Expansion isn't even an existing word on Steam. The fact that you even look at Steam to try and clarify something is terrible as nothing is less organized term-wise than steam
    Options
  • FlaviusVoyage
    FlaviusVoyage
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess Zenimax could not convince Steam that it is a chapter...

"A CHAPTER, STEAM!!! GET ON BOARD!!"
    Options
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    An ESO Plus membership will not grant you access to The Elder Scroll Online: Morrowind content. As this is an entirely new Chapter of ESO, you'll need to purchase one of the five editions. If you already own ESO, though, you can purchase the Morrowind Upgrade or the Morrowind Collector's Edition Upgrade directly from online stores (The Elder Scrolls Online Store, Steam Store, Xbox Store, or PlayStation Store).

Okay... I've been expecting this :(
    But... we were promised 4 DLC (or "major updates") / year ... are we still getting a DLC or a major update in Q2/2017, separate from "Morrowind" and included with ESO+ or purchasable in crowns - or even free, like Homestead ?

No. They have made a change. There were will essenctially be two DLCs then like a dungeon update and an Expansion (paid) each year.
    gard wrote: »
    Ok this is the biggest bait and switch in history.

*** on my leg and tell me it's raining why don't you.

Do I get 8 more character slots and associated shared bank space?

How is it bait and switch. When WoW launches a new expansion you don't get double the character slots. So according to what you said every WoW expansion is bait and switch too. Never heard anybody complain about it.
    Options
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't believe this. Why should I have to pay $40 for something that should had come with ESO+? Plus hearing it's only 40 hours of gameplay? That's not a lot for that price tag. It screams "scam".
    I wanted to come back to ESO to see if they changed the way endgame content works. Instead, I see this BS. What the hell happened to this company for the past year since I've been gone? They used to be nice, but now they've gotten greedy just like all the others.

The only reason why I have an ESO+ Subscription was to support the development of the game (due to it going FTP since March of 2014). This thing is a spit in my face, and now it feels the subscription was nothing but a scam since I got it (how it won't cover this 30 hour 'expansion'). Come on, I know WoW expansions with more hours than that that were worth the asking price (minus WoD of course). Also when it came to WoW, I knew my subscription wasn't going to cover the EPs.

I'm not supporting these questionable business practices anymore.
    Edited by Benie on July 27, 2017 7:54PM
    --Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
    Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
    Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
    Options
  • Rikkof
    Rikkof
    ✭✭✭
    outing BG's behind morowind purchase was a very bad move, in fact they lost a lot of customers, and they ahvent sell so much of morowind, i look around and i dont see so many players with it
    also, BG queues are atrocious because there arent many ppl owning morowind, thus not many able to play bg's

anyway i dont care much, i am just wasting time here and there waiting for destiny 2 :(
    Options
  • Rikkof
    Rikkof
    ✭✭✭
    itzTJ wrote: »
    But we still pay because we want to play....
    WE?
    Take me out then from that we part, i canceled my eso sub and i am doing casual pvp, while playing otehr games also, at least until Destiny 2 comes, at what point i will completely delete ESO.
    My problem with Morowind is not taht they charged for it, but that they placed BG's behind a pay wal, when they should ahve clearly been part of BASE GAME
    I have no issue whatsoever with Morrowind costing whatever.....but putting a play feature (not a zone or a class, but a play feature) behind pay wall is a bad move and i spoked with my wallet

Options