The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.1

• Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the class abilities, proc sets and duel wield nerf's it would be nice to have two handled weapons count as two pieces for armor sets.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    Holy ^%&*@!.

Imagine if you were one of those Muppets that bought 2 elegant sharpen swords for your mag sorc LOLOLOL

GIT RIK ROLLED.

Psst! The nerf is only like 40 SD, dual wield sorcs will still work fine if that's how you want to play. Staff is just a more viable DPS option now.

GIT HOOKED ON MATHS!

Do you know how much tooltip damage 40 spell damage equates to?
    More than you want to lose.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big thumbs up for dw change. Hopefully it continues. It absolutely baffles me as to why a magicka user holding two swords at distance is more powerful than one with a magical staff.
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*]Slaughterfish will now appear further out from the property in the Hunding’s Palatial Hall’s waters.

Is that a typo? I've been extensively testing this property and was testing specifically how far out in the water one could travel prior to this last patch (and took screen shots) and I cannot tell any difference in slaughterfish/boundary between before and now (except for one small area which actually seems worse now)

Can you please confirm this? Perhaps this change didn't actually get patched? Maybe coming next week?

Thanks.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Holy ^%&*@!.

Imagine if you were one of those Muppets that bought 2 elegant sharpen swords for your mag sorc LOLOLOL

GIT RIK ROLLED.

Psst! The nerf is only like 40 SD, dual wield sorcs will still work fine if that's how you want to play. Staff is just a more viable DPS option now.

GIT HOOKED ON MATHS!

Point conceded. But it's not the end of the world.

1. Dual wield is still worth 200+ spell damage over staff.
    2. Dual wield extra set piece is worth hundreds more on top of that.
    Calboy wrote: »
    Big thumbs up for dw change. Hopefully it continues. It absolutely baffles me as to why a magicka user holding two swords at distance is more powerful than one with a magical staff.

Because not everyone wants to run around with a destro staff?

We want to run around with a pair of heavily enchanted magical swords, that (together) are worth more than one ugly wooden stick.

Edited by Minalan on January 12, 2017 1:46AM
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
    Holy ^%&*@!.

GIT RIK ROLLED.

GIT HOOKED ON MATHS!

We want to run around with a pair of heavily enchanted magical swords, that (together) are worth more than one ugly wooden stick.

Still doesn't make sense. Your a wizard using magicka spells. Why t f do you need to hold two 'heavily enchanted' swords. Have you ever seen someone in a movie or anywhere, aside from in eso where its an unintended side effect of how the games progressed, stand back holding two swords with no intention to use them aside from looking cool? It's stupid.
    Edited by Calboy on January 12, 2017 3:45AM
  • Kelinur
    Kelinur
    ✭✭
    I like the changes to Fire Rune in the Mage's Guild and it's morph as I have said since beta Fire Rune was kind of an unused ability and needed the damage increase. Another thing I would like to see with Fire Rune is the addition of Minor Force being added to it. As stamina based builds have the ability to gain Minor Force from trap beast it would be nice to see magicka based builds have an ability to give them the buff without needing to wear the heavy armor set that gives it or using a stamina based ability that pulls a significant amount of stamina preventing them from using block or dodge after using the ability.
    Edited by Kelinur on January 12, 2017 5:30AM
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until staves are worth two set pieces I think most duel wield Sorcs and Templars will stick to swords, it's just not worth the loss of a set bonus.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until staves are worth two set pieces I think most duel wield Sorcs and Templars will stick to swords, it's just not worth the loss of a set bonus.

nah, they'll probably drop duel wield and go sword and board/frost staff.

but yeah, pretty much.
    Invictus
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My DWs will swap to staff IF things stay as they are right now. the set bonus isn't lost if you choose sets appropriate for a 5-5--2 swapper.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Im not a guy that threatens to quit, and ofc im staying in game regardless. But if I cant see major PTS feedback having influence on next few pts patches i dont think ill bother giving feedback here anymore.
    Valkynaz of the Daedric Order
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not a guy that threatens to quit, and ofc im staying in game regardless. But if I cant see major PTS feedback having influence on next few pts patches i dont think ill bother giving feedback here anymore.
    Based on Gina's comments elsewhere, it seems they don't really have time to implement many of the feedback suggestions even if they wanted to (and then they probably don't end up doing it at all). The PTS period needs to be longer.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy ^%&*@!.

GIT RIK ROLLED.

GIT HOOKED ON MATHS!

The better question is, do you know?

A build with 2500 SD and 40K magicka will have an effective pool of around 66250. You'll lose around 420 from the loss of 40 SD. So your tooltip damage will go down by about 0.6%.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

just curious are you referring to feedback submitted thru the in-game mechanics by folks actually in the pts being listened to or are you referring to the stuff on these threads which may have no relation to actual pts play since being on pts is not required?
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭

Because all magic users are suppose to use a magic stick...

Magic users should have a viable magicka based duel wield option if for not anything else but for the extra set piece option for builds. Plus, duel wield makes more sense for most melee magicka setups than a ranged fire stick.
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol
    Holy ^%&*@!.

GIT RIK ROLLED.

GIT HOOKED ON MATHS!

Still doesn't make sense. Your a wizard using magicka spells. Why t f do you need to hold two 'heavily enchanted' swords. Have you ever seen someone in a movie or anywhere, aside from in eso where its an unintended side effect of how the games progressed, stand back holding two swords with no intention to use them aside from looking cool? It's stupid.

Gandalf used a stick and a sword side by side, he did fine. This is Elder Scrolls though, not some other fantasy trope. This universe has always had the 'battlemage' class. They use swords, spells, and heavy armor.

Class_creation_battlemage.png

Personally I revel in the simple miscegenation of using two blades on a wizard instead of a stick. But I'll probably change to staff, for nothing else but to get the ranged heavy attack and poison back.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
    Holy ^%&*@!.

GIT RIK ROLLED.

GIT HOOKED ON MATHS!

It's wrong to say "dw set is hundreds more..." because it's one piece, it's the equivalent of 1 kena ie..1 more spell dmg, which is 129 at gold, so 200 + 129 = 329 sp dmg, now tell me is that greater or less than 8% increased damage from the fire destruction staff passive? Is the option of using crushing shock which is now unblockable better than using concealed strike? Is destro ult with flame staff not better than magicka based duel wield with ANY ultimate?
    Heavy attack weave is pretty OP because all in game heavy attacks hit for almost twice as much as a class skill hits for, weaving with destro staff imo puts you at an advantage where using swords is like playing on hard mode at a disadvantage. Light/Heavy attacks with swords are still physical damage right? We're stacking spell damage as a magblade so our light/heavy weaving hits for wet noodle dps.

Maybe the straight loss in sp dmg wouldn't be a big deal, but when you look at the big picture, it seems obvious that magicka melee is terrible. (but i really really wish it wasn't)
    Edited by kaithuzar on January 12, 2017 6:14PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol
    Holy ^%&*@!.

GIT RIK ROLLED.

GIT HOOKED ON MATHS!

It's wrong to say "dw set is hundreds more more..." because it's one piece, it's the equivalent of 1 kena ie..1 more spell dmg, which is 129 at gold, so 200 + 129 = 329 sp dmg, now tell me is that greater or less than 8% increased damage from the fire destruction staff passive? Is the option of using crushing shock which is now unblockable better than using concealed strike? Is destro ult with flame staff not better than magicka based duel wield with ANY ultimate?
    Heavy attack weave is pretty OP because all in game heavy attacks hit for almost twice as much as a class skill hits for, weaving with destro staff imo puts you at an advantage where using swords is like playing on hard mode at a disadvantage.

Maybe the straight loss in sp dmg wouldn't be a big deal, but when you look at the big picture, it seems obvious that magicka melee is terrible. (but i really really wish it wasn't)

1. Dual wield gets 5% more damage to ranged AND AOE, from the twin and blunt passive. Destruction staff is 8% to either, but not BOTH.

2. 350 or so spell damage is more than 3% destruction staff damage difference. You'll still hit harder than anyone with a stick.

3. One more piece is the difference between completing a monster set or not on a DW build. Instead of Kena, take 2 slimecraw. There's your 8% damage right there. It also stacks with the 5% bonus, then add in 230 more spell damage and TWO full five piece sets front barred (say, amberplasm and spinner).

There. I just gave away a secret: DW is not dead.
    Edited by Minalan on January 12, 2017 6:20PM
  • flubber77
    flubber77
    ✭✭✭✭
    dpencil wrote: »
    Interesting change to Dual Wield. I wonder if that will further dissuade magicka classes from running Dual Wield.

only reason left to run DW are ofc 2 items for easy 5 pieces bonus
    Still a grudge, only to see false what u want and nothing less.
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...do you plan to change unstable wall of elements ever?
    That is the worst morph. Do something with it for effs sake.
  • mainarhont
    mainarhont
    ✭✭
    Housing
    Housing Editor
    • Clicking in the Housing Editor without a piece of furniture targeted will no longer play a sound.
    • There is no longer a slight delay when selecting a piece of furniture inside your house, and the camera will now instantly adjust as expected.
    • You can no longer use the Housing Editor while your character is dead.
    • While previewing furniture, visual effects will now appear as they will when the furnishing is placed in your home.
    • Fixed an issue where you would need to replace lights included in homes upon purchase before they could be interacted with.
    • Fixed an issue causing some non-combat pets and assistants to disappear at certain angles in the placement editor.
    • Fixed an issue where an empty category could display in the Place screen within the Housing Editor.

Some objects in the preview window so huge that they simply can not see. It is recommended to do by type in "Crown Store" in "mounts" and "non-combat pets" (miniatures objects).

842430a8ec8fcac0a5c059c3a020ae.png
    c671b92ad0fffa9dc3f2d5f21d7f85.png
    c61c02c9877627ec90e05907887c61.png
    af3608f8d604b0239b311087de84e4.png

These two objects are generally somewhere under the earth are gone
    f6138a733c9b3c4b02b7f0a8b1d6f4.png
    73e9b8cd4ae3c3432b67f230692db3.png

There are objects without texture
    3dc5a977eee7cb7f1cd9eea1abf47b.png

Until now, the problem is relevant

d0109bce339895d61523664488e81f.png

I hope the rest, about which I wrote in the previous topic fixed.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    silvereyes wrote: »
    The pricing with the merchant will be updated in next week's PTS patch.

Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno,

NOTE: I also did one Master Gold Axe and got 21 vouchers :| That's almost 12 gold items for 250 vouchers. You need 8 to assure its going to be gold (RnG gods hate me so never chance it) so at 8.7k per Blacksmith Gold Temper equals about 70k times 12 weapons = 840k for 250 vouchers..... yeah nah!!

To add to this.....
    I had a Master Blacksmith Writ that required a Legendary 2H Axe with Nirn Trait!! Thats 8 tempers + a Potent Nirncrux!!
    Add that to the cost equation.

Seriously?
    Please, please tell me you made this up!?! That's easy more than 200k in mats! Hope ZOS starts selling Vaseline in Clown Store.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    silvereyes wrote: »
    The pricing with the merchant will be updated in next week's PTS patch.

Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno,

NOTE: I also did one Master Gold Axe and got 21 vouchers :| That's almost 12 gold items for 250 vouchers. You need 8 to assure its going to be gold (RnG gods hate me so never chance it) so at 8.7k per Blacksmith Gold Temper equals about 70k times 12 weapons = 840k for 250 vouchers..... yeah nah!!

To add to this.....
    I had a Master Blacksmith Writ that required a Legendary 2H Axe with Nirn Trait!! Thats 8 tempers + a Potent Nirncrux!!
    Add that to the cost equation.

Seriously?
    Please, please tell me you made this up!?! That's easy more than 200k in mats! Hope ZOS starts selling Vaseline in Clown Store.

Totally serious. It was my 2nd Master Writ I got. My 1st being a Alchemy Master Writ which was bugged. Also, when I did get it done, got the "Test Skeleton" Designs. Took me and 2 other guildies 3 hours to farm and gather mats to make it!
    Then it was bugged too..
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall Overlook now has a tower from which you may now look over Daggerfall.

I wasn't able to go through the door to the top of the tower, either while previewing the house or after buying it. The interact option didn't appear for the door and pressing E anyway did nothing.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I am unable to interact with the door for the tower in daggerfall overlook. I was excited to see the view but am unable to go up into the tower.

In my experience with Grand Torpal Hideaway, for example, my character could not interact with anything except gates, doors, and hatches to enter and/or exit the Homestead and its buildings while I previewed the property. The software also would not display the Interactive Prompt while I previewed the furnished Homestead For example, my character could not sit on chairs or benches, or attempt to cook anything at a hearth. All I could do is look.

But my character could interact with furnishings after I bought that Homestead, i.e., furnished, for 1 Crown on the PTS (we can kiss it goodbye when they change the PTS to the EU network). As far as I know, Z.O. deducted it from my account Crown balance. However, I have since chosen not to spend any Crowns just to test the software, especially since my balance is at an even 5000 Crowns.

If memory serves, the observation tower at Daggerfall Overlook has steps leading up to an open doorway into the tower, and a character must climb a few steps inside to a closed door. I haven't tried it, but you might have to buy the furnished Homestead before your character can interact with that door to access the top of the tower.

Of course, the Daggerfall Overlook watch-tower door should be interactive during the Preview, too, and allow access to the top so that we can see the view. Access from the ground floor to the top level of the towers worked for me during previews of the Hundings Palatial Hall and Strident Springs Demesne homesteads.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Akimbro wrote: »
    Can i be refunded my 1.5m gold i just spent on 2x Mothers Sorrow swords for my magplar please?

Oh, and the 16 alloy i used to make them legendary -_-

Lol lesson learned. Never make these kind of purchases before a big update goes live.

Excuse me, but there is nothing to laugh about. You don't offer any advice as to how anyone is to know how long "before a big update goes live" it will be worthwhile to buy or craft weapons, armor, and/or jewelry. Or to start leveling a new character. Or to do anything else in the course of play. Just how much notice of a "big update" does Z.O. provide? What do they do to communicate that decision to the players?

The lesson learned to be here is that any active ability, ultimate, or passive in each and every skill tree is always subject to change by the development team at any time they choose, in any patch or update that they choose to implement it. They can change any ESO feature that they want in any way that they want at any time they choose, and implement the change at any time they choose.

Z.O. is not required to issue any advance notices or advisories, or to divulge significant details in those that they choose to release. In my experience, their advance notices essentially serve the purpose of promoting new content and features without much mention, leave alone any emphasis, as to which changes the patch will make to existing game features.

Your choices are: (1) to like it, (2) to complain and/or to criticize it, (3) to decline an ESO Plus subscription, and/or to boycott the Crown Store, or (4) to stop playing the game.

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    So, you guys reverting the curse nerf?

Maybe I can reinstall and sub all 3 of my accounts again.

Accual it is only a slight nerf to that skill, so it's dps drops a bit. Though you can weave more so your force pulse, light attacks and so on. This increases those skills uptime and dps. So far with the little testing I have done shows a net gain dps.

In my experience (PvE only), what you've written is only likely to be true with regard to fighting bosses, and perhaps for really tough adds in Trials. In most other contexts the second burst 6 seconds after the first is rather unlikely to occur before the target either has such low health that most of the damage is wasted, or the target is already dead.

So, changing Velocious Curse to the original casting time inherently lowers DPS against weaker targets. Further, since the cast time is shorter than six seconds, there is no reason to wait for the second burst instead of just casting the spell again -- unless casting the spell is disabled until either the target is dead or the second burst has occurred.

Consequently, it seems to me that the morph has been nerfed not only by reverting to the original cast time, but by making the second burst occur after a time that is longer than the cast time for the spell. That is not a benefit regardless of the target or the context. Whether using other skills while the player waits for the second burst results in a net DPS gain depends more upon the actual combat situation than upon a theoretical comparison which assumes perfect play, zero network latency, and high frame rates.

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    With all the class abilities, proc sets and duel wield nerf's it would be nice to have two handled weapons count as two pieces for armor sets.

There is absolutely no basis whatsoever for having any weapon "count" as two pieces for armor sets. In fact, there is really no reason to include any weapon as a piece at all, since a weapon is not armor (duh!). Granted that a fighter can defend themselves with a weapon by parrying attacks, but that is not their primary purpose.

Note that shields are considered "apparel", i.e., as armor and not weapons, since their principal purpose is to block an attack. So it is justifiable to consider a shield as a piece in a armor set.

Jewelry does not mitigate damage except when it is enchanted to do that, or it can be enchanted to increase weapon damage. So it really is not armor. Jewelry should be organized in separate three-piece sets with their own benefits and procs (i.e., if any procs at all). Of course, some jewelry, like some pieces of armor, would not be part of a set.

Just my two cents. :wink:

Edited by Shadowshire on January 15, 2017 3:27AM

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    (deleted and posted on a more appropriate discussion thread)

Edited by Shadowshire on January 15, 2017 3:23AM

• tpayne562
    tpayne562
    ✭✭
    Make Stam great again !